The Rumour Thread

Don't have to much to say other than I hope people are happy with the reveals. I keep my ear pretty close to the ground when it comes to rumors (well, I guess everyone in here does, haha), so can't really complain about the lack of surprises.

Only thing for me is probably the Nighthaunt warband. I'm a big fan of the ghosts, though I would love to see some 40 or 50mm units for them. Like Ogryn ghosts or whatever, just something to break up the silhouettes a bit.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ERHanmer said:

I'm a Deepkin main. I got married spring of 2018, and my wife and I went to the Shedd Aquarium as part of our honeymoon.

We took so many reference photos it's ridiculous.

All this is to say, I don't play them competitively right now, but I still have hope we will see more. We still have the Cythai plot from Broken Realms to sort through. They are one of the first fully fleshed out AOS armies to have a rounded roster. They really just need rules and points tweaks before new models.

A fellow resident of the Chicagoland area who also plays Warhammer?!?! My prayers have been answered. 

4 hours ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

Something that's been bothering me since the reveal - what could the Nighthaunt model with the posions/potions be for since it wasn't in the Warcry band? It seems those thin wrists are a dead giveaway that surely the advent images were indeed Nighthaunt. Traditionally, aren't advent engines solved relatively early in the year?

This has been on my mind too. Another possibility could be a model for a hero + tome release as the first army after the 4th edition launch to get updated. But i really hope not since the early tomes tend fall of the power scale quick.

Another option would be that its not Nighthaunt related after all.

image.png.c4dca9f2817bc8637b647466d431c696.png

image.png.ea0eb7a24819ef1c9830abc152fc6f26.png

Maybe this one is also related to the same unit?

image.png.cfbdc73416b2908d8c3d836041da0a56.png

The woodwork doesnt look very Nighthaunt to me. They almost always have some ornaments like swirls/ rose thorns on the metal parts. They also received a few updates this edition, that makes me think this isnt a likely scenario. Underworlds and Warcry also has Nighthaunt covered this season.

Screenshot_20240120_071242_Chrome.jpg.692ac5026dacaedf7127cd450ea6dcb8.jpg

This feels more like something Chaos Daemons. Maybe even Skaven with the little bell. Could be part of the last Dawnbringers book too.

If i could make a wild guess it could even be some kind of Webspinner Shaman. They use poisons/venom and could get redesigned. The vials kind of look similar to these. I also never rule out a new GSG model as they seem to be very popular and make GW moneys.

Screenshot_20240120_071938_Chrome2.jpg.5ea1613ea46e2e605d69000992cbeb2f.jpg

Screenshot_20240120_073244_Chrome.jpg.ec8a2073fe516cf5a10172ea4aada9be.jpg

It already looks great either way. Cant wait to see what this model or multiple models are going to be.

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

This feels more like something Chaos Daemons. Maybe even Skaven with the little bell. Could be part of the last Dawnbringers book too.

If i could make a wild guess it could even be some kind of Webspinner Shaman. They use poisons/venom and could get redesigned. The vials kind of look similar to these. I also never rule out a new GSG model as they seem to be very popular and make GW moneys.

It already looks great either way. Cant wait to see what this model or multiple models are going to be.

I bet thats just the generic way of how bottles look like now in AoS no matter across all factions. F.e. this is part from katakros

Снимок экрана 2024-01-20 030039.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

This has been on my mind too. Another possibility could be a model for a hero + tome release as the first army after the 4th edition launch to get updated. But i really hope not since the early tomes tend fall of the power scale quick.

I’m going with Nurgle… 

I felt it was a good show.

I really like the new Mandrakes and will be happily replacing my 3rd Ed BDSM chaps with these much more interesting models.

I was madly excited about the Solar Auxila as they would also work for GSC Brood Brothers with a more industrial look or Imperial Knight infantry while also being a possible entry into HH.

But then realised that I have hundreds of assembled but unfinished models already. So I should hold off on those. 

I love the Cat Lady and SCE models out of the C&T box, the former I can’t decide if she should be a GSC Magus, and older Callidus Assassin, a knight pilot…I may end up with a couple of her. Such a characterful model!

The Necromancer is fantastic, too. I am puzzled about complaints over there being different types of zombies in AoS, though. We have (had) different gods of Death before Nagash started his shenanigans. Seems fine to have different ways of becoming a zombie.

Not fussed by the Kroot, nor bird lady. She’s all feathers from one side and all hair from the other. 

Oh, and the new Nighthaunt are nice. Oddly I far prefer their whispy effects to those on the Mandrakes. 

Edit: forgot the Night Lords. I don’t want to seem as if I am damning them with faint praise. They retain character of the NL without going too over the top. They maybe could have used a little more dynamism in the poses?

Edited by Souleater

12 hours ago, mawhis117 said:

I was just had a thought about the reveals today - if Morai-Heg has escaped Slaanesh, then other Elven gods from the World-That-Was could have done as well. 

Could that mean that we see Mathlann returning for Idoneth?

Talking with 0 knowledge of the ID lore. Why would an old aelf deity join them? In the end they are "failures". Why would join them rather than Lumineth or Umbraneth?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

The woodwork doesnt look very Nighthaunt to me. They almost always have some ornaments like swirls/ rose thorns on the metal parts. They also received a few updates this edition, that makes me think this isnt a likely scenario. Underworlds and Warcry also has Nighthaunt covered this season.

I think it’s gonna be the nurgle daemons warband from the new underworlds core box

7 hours ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

Something that's been bothering me since the reveal - what could the Nighthaunt model with the posions/potions be for since it wasn't in the Warcry band? It seems those thin wrists are a dead giveaway that surely the advent images were indeed Nighthaunt. Traditionally, aren't advent engines solved relatively early in the year?

We still have plenty of time for them to be solved. There's a very small amount of them solved.

8 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Talking with 0 knowledge of the ID lore. Why would an old aelf deity join them? In the end they are "failures". Why would join them rather than Lumineth or Umbraneth?

The first generation of Idoneth were created from the souls of Mathlann's worshippers, and they basically kind of see him as a surrogate protector because Teclis abandoned them (even though Mathlann is dead). The Eidolons of Mathlann are made out of the souls of Idoneth dead, but they look like Mathlann because that's who they subconsciously see as their protector.  

Edited by BarakUrbaz
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

Looking at those hands again... maybe they are new rats?

There are some problems that make those REs not be skavens:

-Skavens don't write in ordered lines. They write in runes and scratches. Can look like a nitpicky detail, but GW has kept it going even in newly painted plague monks

99120206021_PestelinPlagueMonks03.jpg.2f1b4bacfd79cfbf790421e3e554aa05.jpg

-Skavens aren't that much on putting rats into their art. I mean, they don't even have art as such, tho. And there's a bird on the other side.

-Skavens arms aren't that long and slim.

-There are souls coming out from one of the potions. Skavens aren't that much into the keeping-souls theme. orewise, why would they need to use souls when there are so many of your kind that is worth ****** and you can already throw to the enemy?

-Drawings of skulls that aren't very ratty

Of course, this is all nitpicky, and I can see these details being incorporated into the desing. I'm just pointing out the patterns GW likes the most to put on skaven miniatures, and why some details on the REs don't match up with those patterns.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Garrac said:

-Skavens aren't that much on putting rats into their art. I mean, they don't even have art as such, tho. 

Yeah, and then how is it possible that a Skaven raised the four great artists Leonardo, Raphael, Michelangelo and Donatello - can you explain that please?🙄 

• Haha 12