The Rumour Thread

13 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

RE: the Luminth river warrior-monks, looks like their helmets establishes the river spirits as horse-like in some form.

Not hippos but a more literal 'river horse'.

Thats my thought, they look like horses with gazelle like horns 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/01/19/itc-joins-warhammer-events-in-exciting-organised-play-update/
"Games Workshop is now assuming management of the ITC as part of our continuing program to support organised play, tournament organisers, and the global hobby community. Independent events are a vital part of the events ecosystem, and we want to do everything we can to back them up."

I'm not a tournament player so I'm not sure what the consequences of this might be, but this doesn't sound good to me.
Can anyone with more insight in the tournament scene help shed some light on what this all means?

2 minutes ago, Sabush said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/01/19/itc-joins-warhammer-events-in-exciting-organised-play-update/
"Games Workshop is now assuming management of the ITC as part of our continuing program to support organised play, tournament organisers, and the global hobby community. Independent events are a vital part of the events ecosystem, and we want to do everything we can to back them up."

I'm not a tournament player so I'm not sure what the consequences of this might be, but this doesn't sound good to me.
Can anyone with more insight in the tournament scene help shed some light on what this all means?

The straight one that comes to my mind is, in the case there's a TOW tournament there, no support for the legacy factions that could have been played otherwise.

• Sad 1

Just now, Ejecutor said:

The straight one that comes to my mind is, in the case there's a TOW tournament there, no support for the legacy factions that could have been played otherwise.

That's what immediately sprung to my mind too. But would that have been the case at ITC-events anyway?
What about proxys/3D-prints. Have those been allowed at ITC-events previously and is that likely to change now?

7 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Then surely other tournament organisers who are less strict will grow in popularity? Im not a tournament guy but ive heard the tournament consensus is legacy factions are included in non GW events. Id imagine it will lead to frustration and someone who covers the same area might start something new to appease the community. 

1 hour ago, BarakUrbaz said:

Now we're talking Darkoath wave, here's what I'd suspect would be in it:

*Her Highness in Ruin, special character.
*New hero: Darkoath Shaman. Less armoured counterpart to the Chaos Sorcerer Lord, maybe has a seperate spell lore based on tribal mysticism. The Darkoath Underworlds warbands and their Warcry warband already have shamans in them, it would naturally fit in. 

*New Marauders.

*New Horsemen.

*New Chariot: May be kind of a stretch, but it could fit in with the theme and the old Chaos Chariot/Gorebeast Chariot is beginning to show its age a little. 

Realistically I'm hoping for infantry, cavalry and some kind of mounted hero plus the lady of Ruin who I don't expect to be Darkoath themed. 

Weak show overall. I don’t really care for HH. As for the 40k models (apart from some Kroot)… they have a strange trait - I know they are new but I would swear that I’ve already seen them before.

Underworlds, more zombies, meh.

Warcry: Idol of the Old Ones (terrain) is the best part and wins the show. Nighthaunts are very much like every other nighthaunt. River wardancers are fine, especially the masked ones.

Krethusa is really good. Callis and Toll are nice.

So:

1st place: Idol of the Old Ones

2nd place: Kroot Rampagers

3rd place: Krethusa

No roadmap, no Idoneth, no OBR 🙁

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Ok, now I really seriously need to know if GW is doing skavens this year, because I've some money saved for a big release, kroots are confirmed to be coming in very sexy, there are no skavens in sight, and I have just the savings for one big gw thing in 2024. just a few likes from whitefang for posts I can't even seem to find don't seem enough to keep the copium. I need the posts, I need the sauce, I need some legitimacy, a camera potato or a leaker telling me to wait, ffs.

That's why Im allways pending on rumours, camera potatos and uncles working at nintendo, I want certainty and financial security for months ahead.

Edited by Garrac

2 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Ok, now I really seriously need to know if GW is doing skavens this year, because I've some money saved for a big release, kroots are confirmed to be coming in very sexy, there are no skavens in sight, and I have just the savings for one big gw thing in 2024. just a few likes from whitefang for posts I can't even seem to find don't seem enough to keep the copium. I need the posts, I need the sauce, I need some legitimacy, a camera potato or a leaker telling me to wait, ffs.

Wait.

45 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Also, Dawnbringers 5 is not named about Chaos ? And it's more of an Order thing again ?

So ... Are we getting Dawnbringers 6? it would explain how they're planning to fill the time until 4th Edition

5 minutes ago, Garrac said:

That's why Im allways pending on rumours, camera potatos and uncles working at nintendo, I want certainty and financial security for months ahead.

Adepticon was always the sooner event to show something for 4ed. 

Just woke up. Thought it was a solid showing. Even though most things aren't for me, I'm not so caught up in myself that I would describe a show as "poor" or "dissapointing" because it wasn't tailored to my specific tastes. I've never understood the position some people put themselves in - "I collect said faction, I want things for said faction, and every time GW talks about or reveals anything but stuff for that faction (which will be most of the time) I will be dissapointed" it just seems so self-defeating. Anyways... I can step back and see what is generally good for the Warhammer 4. (40k, AoS, HH, ToW) I think this was a pretty well rounded show. 

The Callis & Toll warband are excellent and will 100% be picking those guys up. Really nice to see the Kroot get some love and it was cool to have a non-marine focused preview show for once. 

Funnily enough, I think that the Croneseer has shown that if/when Malekith shows up, that DoK and Shadow Elves will infact be separate forces. 

Edited by Hollow
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Adepticon was always the sooner event to show something for 4ed. 

Either adepticon or fest, alltho I think fest is due for may this year and it would be weird to delay such a big anouncement so much.

I was quite wrong about Book 5 Dawnbringers... curious that Chaos doesn't follow the other grand alliances. But I guess that must be the final boss of the story arc.

As for the rest, a great bunch of reveals : superb DoK character and Callis & Toll warband for AoS and I really like Warcry's Nighthaunts (beautiful Lumineth too, even if I'm not a fan of that army). The UW warband is indeed Soulblight but I prefer the armoured style of Crimson Court.

On the 40k/30k side, there's a big entry for Solar Auxilia, which will also delight Astra players in 40k. Nice box for kroots (although I've never really liked these xenos). Ok for mandrakes. At least, that's one less Finecast reference !

concerning the now possible/likely 6th dawnbringer book:

- I am a bit annoyed by the (surely, intentional) secrecy around the roadmap/number of books of this series. Showing a initial roadmap with 4 books just to then surprise-drop 2 more (if we're stopping at 6, who knows right?). And sure, I know there's the escape clause of "but that was just a roadmap for 2023 they never said there were only 4 books in the series".

- we're around 240€ of just books to follow the narrative arc. that's a good chunk of an army (even without looking outside of GW systems)

Edited by Marcvs

So, looks like there isstill the Nighthaunt alchemist to go? And did the Pyregheists have what appeared to be the banner bearer from the New Year preview?

Disappointed that there was nothing shown for Death. If a army release that would have come even without DB4 is counted as the "DB4 thing" then that is kinda BS.

Anyway is there any indication of whether the Nighthaunt Warband is a "unique" band or are they going to be a regular NH unit linke the Chamelion Skinks?

• Confused 2

33 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

That seems to be the case.

Check this post like by whitefang:

That's extremely cool. We're getting 2 more books than Broken Realms and 1 more than Arks of Omen. 

I hope book 5 as more minis than the Croneseer and Callis, Toll & crew. But it's already a good lineup if it's only that. 

3 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Skaven are definitely coming, but they will probably be in a hachette magazine in the future so if money's tight you could go Kroot now and Skaven next year when they are cheaper. 

2 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Skaven are definitely coming, but they will probably be in a hachette magazine in the future so if money's tight you could go Kroot now and Skaven next year when they are cheaper. 

Ummm ok, you keep telling me that, what were the original posts liked by Whitefang? Can't find them.

4 minutes ago, Chikout said:

If there's a Hachette magazine. Stormbringer is not selling as GW expected, based on rumours.