The Rumour Thread

52 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

All my stubby little digits are crossed for a full resculpt. It starts with the runesmiter. 

20240101_160230.jpg

Wow seeing these side by side is quite a contrast! The new one is so much better and more dynamic. Shame it's locked behind getting to a store.

• Like 2

I would really like the entire range to be updated too, but my feelings are kind of divided.

On one hand, the new aesthetic is amazing and the sculpts are so much better, and I would love for the entire army to have that coherent new theme.

On the other hand, resculpts come at the cost of new units. Vulkites and Hearthguard could be better for sure, but we need more units for updates to them to be a good idea. Some sculpts definitely still hold up to the new standard though, like the flamekeeper, runemaster, magmadroth (minus the riders), etc.

I think the best thing that could happen for the army is a proper expansion next edition. Magmadroth cavalry, focus on female duardin and runedaughters/fyrequeens, named character (Bael-Grimnir on Flamespitter or his daughter), and a new infantry block. Refreshing everything too early would leave us with a too small range again.

Then a future edition could refresh all the old units in one go. Make them mixed-gender in the process. Alongside this update could finally be a Grimnir on Vulcatrix model, maybe a FS-specific Gotrek, or an avatar of Grimnir to fully round out the army.

There are also way worse sculpts than the early FS models that have not been updated yet. I prefer a more complete, nearly up to date range (that will be updated in the future) to a small but fully updated range.

Edited by Snarff
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Still-young said:

Did a bunch of stuff go Online Only with the new site, or was it before that? I was just having a Quick Look at the LRL models and considering they’re a pretty new range, a lot of their models are online only. 

I think it is happening across the whole catalogue.

2 hours ago, Holy_Diver said:

Happy New Year, gamers! 

What do you think will be the next event where there will be previews for AoS?
Old World interests me so little that I find it much more interesting to follow the silent cinema.

LVO in 17 days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Just now, KingBrodd said:

17 Days till LVO...

What do we think will be shown for AOS?

Do we think there will be more for Dawnbringers IV not shown?

Callis and Toll revealed and Lumineth vs Nighthaunt Warcry seem a safe bet.

I think all the death heroes remaining and an hint of the last dawnbringer.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

17 Days till LVO...

I would bet that there's only gonna be one more thing for the next dawnbringers book, for ossiarchs, so 3 of the dawnbringer army boxes total. Callis and toll idk if they'll be in the book or a separate release. The ossiarch character could be shown off on a monday, same with one of the warcry warbands. Maybe we'll get a confirmation that dawnbringers V exists but I'm doubtful of any models for it.

Edited by Luperci
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

17 Days till LVO...

A good ol roadmap!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

Just now, The Lost Sigmarite said:

You think there's still more Death heroes for book 4 ?

I mean, we have that Morghast Wing looking Rumor Engine, and every Dawnbringer book has come with at least two new heroes. Book 3 came alongside the full CoS release and had full AoR rules for two warcry warbands, and it still also came with Belthanos, Ionus and the Blacktalons. I highly doubt Book 4 only comes with one new hero, even if it releasing alongside FEC.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, madmac said:

I mean, we have that Morghast Wing looking Rumor Engine, and every Dawnbringer book has come with at least two new heroes. Book 3 came alongside the full CoS release and had full AoR rules for two warcry warbands, and it still also came with Belthanos, Ionus and the Blacktalons. I highly doubt Book 4 only comes with one new hero, even if it releasing alongside FEC.

Ushoran + The serpent Vampire. So we have 2 so far.

Would be nice if LVO they announced the new edition approaching but I guess that would be too soon. 

I think they announced 10th at Adepitcon? 

I would hope for LVO if Dawnbringers 4 isn't completely shown off to do that and then maybe give us the title or teaser for Dawnbringers 5. 

• Like 1

There's still two Mondays between now and the 18th, so I don't think it's impossible we could see the rumoured Morghast Hero and maybe a Nighthaunt (there was that silhouette in the teaser) before then, with LVO being committed to Book IV.

Been a while since the last two Warcry teams, so I'd assume we'll see at least a new one there. Maybe another Underworlds team.

But now we're in the leadup to 4.0 and FEC still waiting in the wings, I'm definitely not expecting much.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

Would be nice if LVO they announced the new edition approaching but I guess that would be too soon. 

Too soon yeah. I feel like it's gonna be the same as 10th last year, they drop an animated trailer at Adepticon with a look at 2 minis from the launch box (a liberator and a clanrat ?), alongside the last minis of the end of edition campaign (we knew of the new terminators before seing Dante), with the full content of the launch box (+ the roadmap) being the main event of WHFest. 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Wasn't Nighthaunt the rumoured Warcry Warband or did I misremember?

If that's the case, I expect the Nighthaunt warband to be the release for Dawnbringers IV (just like the FS warband) rather than another hero.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Snarff said:

I think it was just theorising based on them having gotten a mini-wave relatively recently and an Underworlds warband earlier still, coupled with Death slated to be getting a Warcry warband. 

warcry-road-map-for-2023-3-order-2-destr

Edited by Clan's Cynic

11 minutes ago, Snarff said:

If that's the case, I expect the Nighthaunt warband to be the release for Dawnbringers IV (just like the FS warband) rather than another hero.

Nighthaunt and LRL.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

You think there's still more Death heroes for book 4 ?

Of course: at least the morghast lieutenant and a resculpted Cairn Wraith (my bet for the "spooky silhouette").

Then Dawnbringers V. I want to see what centerpiece we chaotics deserved.

16 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I think it was just theorising based on them having gotten a mini-wave relatively recently and an Underworlds warband earlier still, coupled with Death slated to be getting a Warcry warband. 

warcry-road-map-for-2023-3-order-2-destr

Im calling skaven for 4th.

No chaos on the warcry docket, so I'm feeling the starter set has to be them. Get a double whammy of a warcry unit, which accompanies their range reset.

1 hour ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Looking at the new FS aesthetic, it's obviously better than the 1st edition minis, but I don't think all of the existing FS range will get replaced by new versions. Even if I wouldn't say no to new Vulkites, Hearthguards and a new Battlesmith too.

Just new units and named characters is all they need.

I think you’ll see additional models not a re-do. Similar to what IJ got. They will keep all the old stuff current like they did with FEC

16 minutes ago, Jetlife said:

I think you’ll see additional models not a re-do. Similar to what IJ got. They will keep all the old stuff current like they did with FEC

Especially with small model range armies. FEC got the cryptguard which could have replaced ghouls but they kept the ghouls too to bolster the army range. Iron jaws got their ard boys replaced but arguably it has paid off nicely. 

As the fireslayers are newer than ardboys and ghouls I highly suspect they will be expended on and not replaced. 

• Like 4