The Rumour Thread

5 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

One of them might be a whats coming in 2024 video the other one no idea

Doesn't seem like there is one now lets see again in another hour

Posts con contenido multimedia de Warhammer Official ❄️ (@warhammer) / X (twitter.com)

GW trolled us... the 12 am post...

image.png.b63f0ee27c55cbb8484837583f3627ca.png

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Deakz28 said:

I think they’re likely to do Heresy today since it’s Thursday, I can’t remember but I think they said there’d be a reveal too

Thursday will likely be HH but today is still Wednesday so good chance for AoS ^^

Edited by Matrindur
  • Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

44 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Btw, in between the line of the rumours and the off-topic, but I am working on an improved version of the Warboss Kurdan Rumour Engines site as I think the visual and the REs navigation could be improved and more information added.

Link to the awesome blog in case you didn't know it!

This is how it looks so far:

image.png.838c8b4f8b60000f57f580b8cc75a89f.png

It is built following a timeline approach and includes, what I think it is, handy info like the mini name and a link to the mini on the store, the link to the RE post itself, after how many time it was resolved, and some tags.

The tags are there as I would include filters by those tags, resolved date, published date and resolved/ unresolved.

Is there anything else you would add to quickly/ easily navigate between those sweet RE?

Fantastic!

On added info, is there any way - where it becomes known - to add info about sculptors. It seems a really interesting piece of info that nobody seems to track or try to find out about.

Edited by petitionercity

34 minutes ago, petitionercity said:

Fantastic!

On added info, is there any way - where it becomes known - to add info about sculptors. It seems a really interesting piece of info that nobody seems to track or try to find out about.

Challenge with that, is GW don’t tell us the sculptors nowadays very often, and when they do it’s normally just a first name, and that’s only on big projects like FW Fulgrim and they told us Sam which is a nickname for Simon Egan 

Edited by Deakz28
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, petitionercity said:

Fantastic!

It would be a bit tricky to collect, as GW is not providing them anymore, but could be a nice addition indeed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

That Old World update!! So hyped. Have you checked out the website? It has an interactive map now with lore on all the kingdoms and factions. Time to pour over it all!

And they update their map as well with more faction points ;)

Edited by Ejecutor
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 minute ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Okay, so not every faction has a text blurb, but interestingly, most Border Prince factions do! Have they always had their descriptions?

IMO it is new overall. We had flavoured texts here and there, but never collected all together like that.

4 minutes ago, michu said:

Besides, rulers and principalities of Border Princes change very often and this is ~250 years before old WFB

From the article that shows that map, that region has been thought of as a canvas for us to create our own armies/ realms. So it wouldn't surprise me if those are not that much canon and more kind of a placeholder.

19 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

From the article that shows that map, that region has been thought of as a canvas for us to create our own armies/ realms. So it wouldn't surprise me if those are not that much canon and more kind of a placeholder.

The article mentions Settra's invasion of the Border Princes and specifically brings up Cecil Gastonne, who is on the map.

Also something I've noted is that the map includes a Border Prince named Karolina Aquilena, who is stated to be a daughter of an infamous Bretonnian exile named Baron Carrard who went on a crusade into the Land of the Dead and earned the ire of Settra. Now Lords of the Lance, the novel they're releasing, is about a Bretonnian Duke Cyricus Carrard who goes into the Land of the Dead as a favour to Lothar Aquilena. Possible link? I guess the book will end with Carrard somehow becoming an exile and replacing Lothar as Baron of Aquilena so his daughter can inherit the title by the time The Old World starts. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, BarakUrbaz said:

The article mentions Settra's invasion of the Border Princes and specifically brings up Cecil Gastonne, who is on the map.

Also something I've noted is that the map includes a Border Prince named Karolina Aquilena, who is stated to be a daughter of an infamous Bretonnian exile named Baron Carrard who went on a crusade into the Land of the Dead and earned the ire of Settra. Now Lords of the Lance, the novel they're releasing, is about a Bretonnian Duke Cyricus Carrard who goes into the Land of the Dead as a favour to Lothar Aquilena. Possible link? I guess the book will end with Carrard somehow becoming an exile and replacing Lothar as Baron of Aquilena so his daughter can inherit the title by the time The Old World starts. 

In that event though, does his family still rule their land for Leofric to pass it down to his own son a few hundred years later? Maybe the family splits or the exile half of the family regains their honor and title down the road.

I see Nighthaunt in there, obviously, but it doesn't look like a hero model particularly, so perhaps another new unit on the way?

There's some sort of flippy elfy acrobat figure too, but it does not look like DoK to me, potentially Lumineth I guess, they are wearing a helm/plume with some sort of animal head design.

And a cavalry model, fingers crossed for marauder/darkoath horses, perhaps?

• Like 3