The Rumour Thread

7 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

The forked parchments really do indicate that these are Cities of Sigmar. No idea how a burning skeleton impaled on a bunch of pipes fits in the range, though.

Maybe it's a warcry warband of fanatical weirdos?

Zealots be out here burning people! Not uncommon in Cities of Sigmar. If i'm correct, quite common in Glymmsforge. Or perhaps a warcry group from Aqshy?

• Like 1

Seeing a lot of Tau hate here which makes no sense, but I guess that happens when nobody showed them the greater good.

I feel like we should channel that hate into something more deserving. Like hating on Space Marines and their monthly releases....

Also new kroot and vespids let's gooooo!!!!

• Like 14

7 minutes ago, RyantheFett said:

Seeing a lot of Tau hate here which makes no sense, but I guess that happens when nobody showed them the greater good.

I feel like we should channel that hate into something more deserving. Like hating on Space Marines and their monthly releases....

Also new kroot and vespids let's gooooo!!!!

Hating the tau makes perfect sense cause 1) This is a high fantasy fan-page and tau are sci-fi, 2) their “Greater Good” reeks of communism, the caste system and hope (three of the greatest evils known to man), and finally 3) image.jpeg.8fc2e6196a6fdf2b3b0feef36db4439c.jpeg

• Haha 2
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 2

59 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Hating the tau makes perfect sense cause 1) This is a high fantasy fan-page and tau are sci-fi, 2) their “Greater Good” reeks of communism, the caste system and hope (three of the greatest evils known to man), and finally 3) image.jpeg.8fc2e6196a6fdf2b3b0feef36db4439c.jpeg

It's always funny to me when 40k fans bash on the tau for having a flawed system of governance and then fully get behind the imperium. They all suck, that's the whole point! Tau just suck a little less :)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 6
  • LOVE IT! 1

They really try their best to give us the least interesting images possible each day. 🤗 Can we get a rumour engine that really makes our hearts jump just once? At this point they could just show us pics of base rims.

Wait, someone‘s knocking on my door…

Update: I just got my Grinch costume delivered, nice.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Luperci said:

Tau just suck a little less :)

Oh no, another one became clearly insane. We gotta help him before he starts collecting Lumineth, then it‘s too late! Time is of the essence, fellow nerds!

Edited by MitGas
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Luperci said:

It's always funny to me when 40k fans bash on the tau for having a flawed system of governance and then fully get behind the imperium. They all suck, that's the whole point! Tau just suck a little less :)

I’m a Night Lords player, both empires are corrupt, disgusting, and deserve to be purged from the galaxy.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Oh no, another one became clearly insane. We gotta help him before he starts collecting Lumineth, then it‘s too late! Time is of the essence, fellow nerds!

My first Sigmar faction was Lumineth and my first 40k was Tau......................... maybe I am the problem?

• Haha 3

Tau being allowed to be Less Bad makes the setting work better: holding up a mirror to the grim darkness hits far better than bumbling about in the dark. if Tau suck just as much, it destroys their original flavor of "tiny new empire wanting to make more friends has no idea the innumerable horrors that await it." their change always felt like a lazy copout. yet another Evil Empire except the mind control is pheromones not servitors is just.... bland. the point of Tau should be to mirror the current, wasting Empire of Man AND the fallen Empire of Eldar.

but this is a rumor thread so I must digress

• Like 8
  • LOVE IT! 1

Just now, CommissarRotke said:

Tau being allowed to be Less Bad makes the setting work better: holding up a mirror to the grim darkness hits far better than bumbling about in the dark. if Tau suck just as much, it destroys their original flavor of "tiny new empire wanting to make more friends has no idea the innumerable horrors that await it." their change always felt like a lazy copout. yet another Evil Empire except the mind control is pheromones not servitors is just.... bland. the point of Tau should be to mirror the current, wasting Empire of Man AND the fallen Empire of Eldar.

but this is a rumor thread so I must digress

100%

I like to bring Tau up a lot since they act like a very good warning/reminder for AoS players about the horrors of what could come from GW. Especially when it comes to some of the changes to Cities of Sigmar which feels like them repeating a lot of their past mistakes.

Tau as a faction is just wasted potential in both the lore and on the table. GW has flip-flopped on their lore and has done very little to advance their story for years. Their other races in the empire have little to no representation despite the fanbase begging them for years.

Of course the rumors of new Kroot and Vespids give me hope that they are slowly listening to the fans and we will get lots of dwarfs and elves in future Cities waves. As well as slowly fixing the issues we still see in both AoS and 40k.

• Like 4

Just now, Sir Grimm said:

Back to another topic guys - do you think the mention of the Grail Knights as the focus of next week's Old World rules article would lead to a new model reveal as part of the Monday model reveals they got going or am I just reading too much into this?

I think Brets won't have any more minis revealed before the launch. If I am not remembering wrong when they got their range reveleaded the article said that was all.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ejecutor said:

I think Brets won't have any more minis revealed before the launch. If I am not remembering wrong when they got their range reveleaded the article said that was all.

That is correct, but they specifically said the launch range. Maybe we get something close after launch? Doesn't that seem possible? I still can't digest the fact that they are intending on rereleasing Bretonnia without the Grail Knights, the King and the Green Knight. And the whole Army Book having only one named character - it being the Prophetess out of all. Seems strange to me if I am being perfectly honest. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sir Grimm said:

That is correct, but they specifically said the launch range. Maybe we get something close after launch? Doesn't that seem possible? I still can't digest the fact that they are intending on rereleasing Bretonnia without the Grail Knights, the King and the Green Knight. And the whole Army Book having only one named character - it being the Prophetess out of all. Seems strange to me if I am being perfectly honest. 

My bet is that King Louen Leoncoeur mini won't be released, for obvious reasons. He was not alive. The Green Knight is a super dope mini. So who knows.

Imo there's such a big question still around the minis that maybe we don't see any more Bret minis and they get the focus on releasing a bunch of minis from all the core factions. And maybe later on (based on sales) they expand that range including some missing ones.

• Like 2