The Rumour Thread

Here's my quick thoughts. 

40k- Solid sculpts but entirely predictable. The deathwing terminators sure do look like slightly nicer versions of the old ones. Same goes for the Nightlords.

FeC. Not my favourite aesthetic but there are some really terrific sculpts there. My favourites are the new Vargulf and Ushoran himself. Saying book 4 is the next book and not the last book all but confirms we will see at least a book 5 which is exciting. 

Tomb kings. Lots of really cool individual elements but I don't think it hangs together as a model. What's the fascination with putting everything on stilts recently? 

Underworlds. A fairly standard warband but those are some really nice gutrippas. I actually like it when a warband is just some really nice versions of the core models. I will probably pick the box up. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, MitGas said:

I'm happy for you, bud!

They showed off nearly everything I could hope for this preview @MitGas! New Night Lords, my various FEC predictions being made true, and best of all a giant PLASTIC DRAGON FOR LONG OOST NEHEKHARA!!!! Oh man, now I know how @KingBrodd felt when the gargants came a knocking….. oh god my budget is about to be murdered…..

• Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

3 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

They showed off nearly everything I could hope for this preview @MitGas! New Night Lords, my various FEC predictions being made true, and best of all a giant PLASTIC DRAGON FOR LONG OOST NEHEKHARA!!!! Oh man, now I know how @KingBrodd felt when the gargants came a knocking….. oh god my budget is about to be murdered…..

Time for the family to float (don’t worry, no clown is involved) you some cash! 
Those FEC are sexy… if Death could be mixed, I‘d love to have an army. Ghosts, skeletons, ghouls, those weird four-faced constructs, vamps… it would be glorious (and some of them truly noble). The Khemri stuff also came out well but I was expecting that… I just hope they get more stuff down the line like all TOW exclusive factions - but perhaps it will be a huge success, hard for me to make an educated guess…

• Like 1

A tremendous glow-up for FEC. Extremely impressive looking.

It might even be that there is more to come? Look at the upper left corner of this picture. I don't recognize these models from any in-depth reveal. Granted, I am not a FEC player, so I may have missed out on them somewhere else. But they don't look like the current Horrors to me, so maybe they are a new ogre-sized infantry unit?

image.jpeg.a987a4a1901adc4a09b4095bbc7172e1.jpeg

Edited by Dawi not Duardin

1 minute ago, Dawi not Duardin said:

A tremendous glow-up for FEC. Extremely impressive looking.

It might even be that there is more to come.? Look at the upper left corner of this picture. I don't recognize these models from any in-depth reveal. Granted, I am not a FEC player, so I may have missed out on them somewhere else. But they don't look like the current Horrors to me, so maybe they are a new ogre-sized infantry unit?

image.jpeg.a987a4a1901adc4a09b4095bbc7172e1.jpeg

Those are just Crypt Horrors

image.png.26a178d65a2af5960d58dadf264c36ab.png

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Taerg Ad Ywons said:

The new teasers are solid ghoul'd by my reckoning. Ushoran is WAY larger than I'd thought he'd be.

Are Crypt Guard replacing the old Crypt Ghouls? Both kits look like one's just "unarmed" vs "Has weapons".

I think the ghouls on the middle left in the above group shot are the old ghouls so should be staying

Some gorgeous models for FEC ! ! ! Didnt expect the mini terrorgheist knights. Fun addition to the army while completely in line with the overall design of FEC. The judge was a bit out there for me but all these models look great. They put on the knightly theme without laying it on too thick. The 2 heroes on foot are also great designs. GW did an outstanding job with this wave. Ushoran will pull a lot of people into this army. The ones who designed all this should get a raise.

About the Warband..... im happy for KB players but its about the least needed warband in Destruction at this point. Also dont see any connection here with Bonesplitterz or i am missing something.

Bonedragon looks great but its a horrible picture with that background colour. Still nothing pulling me into playing ToW. I will probably use some of these models as AoS proxies.

Edit: Love the little details like all the faces on Ushorans cloak(?) and things like this shield putting so much character into the models. Good luck and have fun to the ones who need to paint these models XD.

Screenshot_20231118_074728_Chrome.jpg.300703fc00498204aec4c9aaa72f71fb.jpg

Edit2: I do wonder what this early FEC release means for future AoS releases. Are we getting a Dawnbringer 5? Are we getting another refresh or new army? Was hoping to see more Khorne models, but i guess there is still some time. Was really hoping for a new Roadmap but i guess we have to wait another month.

Edited by Gitzdee

24 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

About the Warband..... im happy for KB players but its about the least needed warband in destruction at this point. Also dont see any connecting here with Bonesplittetz or i am missing something.

They are just good gutrippaz proxy but maybe we can hope some viable rules like gloomspite warband have ? 

about bonesplitterz it was the best opportunity to give hope again for the BT releasing a new warband . I even found myself thinking it could be bonesplitterz this time . But there is absolutely no sign of hope for them anymore 

22 minutes ago, Grunbag said:

They are just good gutrippaz proxy but maybe we can hope some viable rules like gloomspite warband have ? 

about bonesplitterz it was the best opportunity to give hope again for the BT releasing a new warband . I even found myself thinking it could be bonesplitterz this time . But there is absolutely no sign of hope for them anymore 

Ah forgot about that icebone picture for a bit. Yeah would be great it if was Bonesplitterz this time. But dont see it as a bad omen for Bonesplitterz. Who would have thought FEC would get a refresh like this in the era of the beast. Anything is possible.

Edited by Gitzdee

If I may borrow from one of our fellow posters….

BY RECENTLY FOUND USHORAN!!!

The new FeC are simply amazing. Absolutely grabbing those. There isn’t a single model in that lot that I don’t completely adore.

Sad they seem to  be sticking with the old regular ghouls, they look so dated next to the fabulous new stuff. But that’s a minor thing next to the new stuff.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

Bonedragon looks great but its a horrible picture with that background colour. Still nothing pulling me into playing ToW. I will probably use some of these models as AoS proxies.

The video helped me!

At first it's atmospherically blurry, but the with it in focus against the khemri terrain with skeleton warriors surrounding it ... 😘

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, petitionercity said:

The video helped me!

At first it's atmospherically blurry, but the with it in focus against the khemri terrain with skeleton warriors surrounding it ... 😘

Loving this dragon. Kinda has some vibes of a vulture with the stance and the crocodile head looks really fitting for the army too.

• Like 2