The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, lele said:

evolves for endless, you mean we will have endless version like yugioh and pokemon.... 😆

I don’t mean to be rude.

your comments are very muddled. You usually talk about rumours no one has ever heard of and frankly they sound like your opinion twisted to a fact?

So could you please try to make your posts more readable? :)

• Thanks 18
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, JackStreicher said:

I don’t mean to be rude.

your comments are very muddled. You usually talk about rumours no one has ever heard of and frankly they sound like your opinion twisted to a fact?

So could you please try to make your posts more readable? :)

Rumours no one has ever heard because it was long time ago when they released the first 3th tomes. Like many people here guessed would be Dawnbringer 5, but fake again, thats more than dozen models, not about book 5 or not about more than 4 books. And book 4 will be released in this winter as scheduled and previous roadmap, they sent us the roadmap of this year and wont changed it, so dont need to guess anything about this year, but many people here are trying to guess book 4 will be put in next year, thats opinion twisted to a fact of many people here, not me. By the way, I don’t mean to be rude, is it more readable now?

Edited by lele
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

23 minutes ago, lele said:

Rumours no one has ever heard because it was long time ago when they released the first 3th tomes. Like many people here guessed would be Dawnbringer 5, but fake again, thats more than dozen models, not about book 5 or not about more than 4 books. And book 4 will be released in this winter as scheduled and previous roadmap, they sent us the roadmap of this year and wont changed it, so dont need to guess anything about this year, but many people here are trying to guess book 4 will be put in next year, thats opinion twisted to a fact of many people here, not me. By the way, I don’t mean to be rude.

I dont understand what u are trying to say. I think u are mixing up some peoples wishlisting here with rumours. Havent seen any rumours about void creatures besides wishlisting like silent people and vampirates. We also dont know anything about a potential 5th book, its just wishfull thinking and guesses. Sorry if i dont understand correctly.

Edited by Gitzdee

Just now, Gitzdee said:

I dont understand what u are trying to say. I think u are mixing up some peoples wishlisting here with rumours. Havent seen any rumours about void creatures besides wishlisting like silent people and vampirates. We also dont know anything about a potential 5th book, its just wishfull thinking and guesses. Sorry if i dont understandcorrectly.

As you say, its just wishfull thinking and guesses of people here, all the same meaning, void things are not rumours, its wishfull thinking and guesses. If its some rumours about something, nobody knows how exactly about it, its everywhere from the fan websites, from the youtube channels, of course.

8 minutes ago, lele said:

As you say, its just wishfull thinking and guesses of people here, all the same meaning, void things are not rumours, its wishfull thinking and guesses. If its some rumours about something, nobody knows how exactly about it, its everywhere from the fan websites, from the youtube channels, of course.

Lele are you writing in another language and using Google translate? Whatever you are trying to say is really not coming across. 

On 1/12/2022 at 12:02 PM, Gitzdee said:

I am wondering how much GW will stick to the races of Ghur going forward. Pulled this bit from a wiki, dont know how accurate this is (its missing Silent People for one). While we just started this edition the first thing i notice is that a few races have already been covered. Soulblight Avengorii also just got updated with Lauka Vai. Does this mean a possible new race or model update could be among these races? Another thing that jumps at me are that most of these are rumoured for updates. Shaggoths could be in a rumoured StD update and fit the monster theme. Ogors/ Skaven are also in this list. Could be going crazy but i think i'm onto something here. I dont think the Worm-riders will be a thing because of Dune copyright battles. But if they decide to do the Worm thing they can have all my money. Any thoughts?

Ghur Inhabitants

Aelves:
Dhom-hain enclave of the Idoneth Deepkin

Ionrach enclave of the Idoneth Deepkin

Various Scourge Privateers fleets can be found in the Realm.

Duardin:
Lofnir Lodge: Fyreslayers with large numbers of magmadroth's and who are often paid to march to war alongside the Ogor clans of the realm.

Gargants

Great Worms

Grots

Humans:
Vurm-tai nomads: The worm-riders, horse clans of the Amber Steppes who took to following the migration routes of the Great Worms and picking over what was left in their wake, or simply raiding the caravans that traveled to and from the worm-cities.

Hunter-tribes of the Great Coil: Hunters who move vast haunches of meat thanks to Trade Pioneers.

Treestriders of the Gnarlwood: Tribesfolk who reside in a deadly forest of groping vines, hunting strange species and gathering medicinal herbs.

Ogors

Orruks

Sankrit: A reptilian race with a small empire at the northern edge of the Sea of Bones.

Skaven:
Clan Rhukrit: They sweep across the Ravenous Plains with swarms of attack vehicles, followed by crawlburrows.

Sunwyrm

Shaggoth

Soulblight Vampires:
The Avengorii: A dynasty that dwells in the Sascathran Dunes.

Sylvaneth:
The Aerchhoi: Bitter and dangerous, they inhabit the Druichan Forest near the city of Izalend.

Sorry missed this quote.

13 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I would move away from all the WHF characters, to be honest. But it is just a personal preference. So I am there with you xD

Too late, although I agree. Then again, I don‘t really mind them reusing fitting characters either. 

But they should at least have the decency to bring back cool mortal Tzeentch characters too. Tzeentch needs more mortal stuff. ☝🏻 *Insert my usual rant about heavily armored sorcerer-warriors for Tzeentch*

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

Sorry missed this quote.

Woah. If you take a proper look at the lore, like in this case, you see that there's way more species and posibilites that ever was in WHF. I like to have that many open doors.

Said that and seeing many of those inhabitants ended in the various games as miniatures I wouldn't go with that Skaven clan. I only see this happening if for some massive event the main (current miniature based) clans are completely erradicated, so they can move those miniatures to legends and leave room for new clans with more AoS like aesthetic.

Just now, MitGas said:

Too late, although I agree. Then again, I don‘t really mind them reusing fitting characters either. 

But they should at least have the decency to bring back cool mortal Tzeentch characters too. Tzeentch needs more mortal stuff. ☝🏻 *Insert my usual rant about heavily armored sorcerer-warriors for Tzeentch*

What makes me go this route is the following thinking path.

When the Age of Sigmar started the Mortal Realms were too young, ok, but there was nothing there with power enough to take over the deities coming from the old that was? Not a single beast or god?

Would be interesting to see the rise of a real deal (kind of what Kragnos was), something that makes real damage into the currently stablished deities.

2 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

When the Age of Sigmar started the Mortal Realms were too young, ok, but there was nothing there with power enough to take over the deities coming from the old that was? Not a single beast or god?

Would be interesting to see the rise of a real deal (kind of what Kragnos was), something that makes real damage into the currently stablished deities.

Would love this to be Morghur rising as a true deity. His mutations and madness could twist the realms themselves. Realms gates phasing in and out of existence, connecting enemies and causing chaos. Hell maybe the big Hammerhall portal could fail for a bit, the mad panic of how they deal with the sudden cease of resources could be fun. 

17 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I think Kragnos is the perfect example why GW should just re-introduce decent old characters. 🤣😂🤣 

But yeah, in theory they could‘ve created lots of cool stuff for it. They still can. Personally I never really cared for special characters too much - back when I started you could create your own uber-characters, so I rather made my own! Only later did GW reserve the top spots (in power) for the special chars. 

But y‘know, AoS will only become better with time (not the rules though IMO) - it just takes a few years to really flesh out things and settle on a feel. I‘ve started Warhammer FB when it was already well-defined but it also grew over time… :)

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

Lele are you writing in another language and using Google translate? Whatever you are trying to say is really not coming across. 

Someone here talked about twisted Dawnbringer 5, and it is really not coming across too, maybe not, maybe yes. If you understand about rumours, guess, wishlist, and opinion, so this is place for this, isn't ?

Edited by lele
  • Confused 4

3 minutes ago, lele said:

Someone here talked about twisted Dawnbringer 5, and it is really not coming across too, maybe not, maybe yes. If you understand about rumours, guess, wishlist, and opinion, so this is place for this, isn't ?

The idea of a Dawnbringers book 5 comes from what the presenters said at Warhammer Day, when they said there would be a Dawnbringers book focusing on each of the other Grand Alliances after 2 was Destruction focused.

4 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

The idea of a Dawnbringers book 5 comes from what the presenters said at Warhammer Day, when they said there would be a Dawnbringers book focusing on each of the other Grand Alliances after 2 was Destruction focused.

Good idea, talk about Grand Alliances, i dont see Lumineth or Daughters. And with Death, we still have 1 mystery battletomes, and some unreleased warcry

Edited by lele

14 minutes ago, lele said:

Good idea, talk about Grand Alliances, i dont see Lumineth or Daughters. And with Death, we still have 1 mystery battletomes, and some unreleased warcry

I don't think there's any mystery about what the mystery Death Battletome will be: FEC.

We've seen leaked ghouls already and the current Battletome is no longer available on the webstore.

1 hour ago, EntMan said:

I don't think there's any mystery about what the mystery Death Battletome will be: FEC.

We've seen leaked ghouls already and the current Battletome is no longer available on the webstore.

If there's a mistery FEC would always be the answer anyways xD

Just now, Ejecutor said:

If there's a mistery FEC would always be the answer anyways xD

1 hour ago, EntMan said:

If FEC battletome, we will have all 24 factional tomes in 3th, what does it mean, this has never happened before in 1th or 2th, this is big.

• Confused 3

1 hour ago, lele said:

If FEC battletome, we will have all 24 factional tomes in 3th, what does it mean, this has never happened before in 1th or 2th, this is big.

It's exactly the same number of factions we had in 2nd edition because 3rd edition has been about big and small refreshes, like they said at the start of 3rd edition in that video.

4th edition in other hand, I think will bring some new "flavors" to current factions and I don't mean battletomes for totally new factions but that factions will be incorporated to the current ones. Like:

- Ulgurothi/Umbraneth/Whateverneth to Daughters of Khaine.

- Chorfs to Slaves to Darkness.

- New concept of Spiderfang to Gloomspite

- New concept of Bonesplitterz to Orruk Warclans

And any idea/rumour/wish you have could be a reasonable addition.

Can we have a totally new battletome for a faction never seen before? Yeah, why not, but I think that 24 factions are a very healthy and sustainable for the game right now. Maybe in the future, we will see some additions aka Sororitas or Votann for 40k.

Edited by Trugg the Troggoth King
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, Trugg the Troggoth King said:

It's exactly the same number of factions we had in 2nd edition because 3rd edition has been about big and small refreshes, like they said at the start of 3rd edition in that video.

4th edition in other hand, I think will bring some new "flavors" to current factions and I don't mean battletomes for totally new factions but that factions will be incorporte to the current ones. Like:

- Ulgurothi/Umbraneth/Whateverneth to Daughters of Khaine.

- Chorfs to Slaves to Darkness.

- New concept of Spiderfang to Gloomspite

- New concept of Bonesplitterz to Orruk Warclans

And any idea/rumour/wish you have could be a reasonable addition.

Chorfs being part of StD would feel weird to me. It is already a massive range, and ir feels a bit of the same for Glooms.

Do you think we would end with massive ranges for all/ most of the factions?

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Chorfs being part of StD would feel weird to me. It is already a massive range, and ir feels a bit of the same for Glooms.

Do you think we would end with massive ranges for all/ most of the factions?

Well, we alredy have stormcasts, cities, skavens, and even khorne have a massive range. I see these battletomes will get more miniatures in the future but at the same time, some of their current warscrolls/old miniatures will be discarded.

I think the same could be happen to Slaves if they get Chorfs as part of their range.

Edited by Trugg the Troggoth King
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Trugg the Troggoth King said:

Well, we alredy have stormcasts, cities, skavens, and even khorne have a massive range. I see these battletomes will get more miniatures in the future but at the same time, some of their current warscrolls/old miniatures will be discarded.

I think the same could be happen to Slaves if they get Chorfs as part of their range.

I would like to hear something new and more terrible monster, some things comes from the void, some things can parasitize heroes and cause them to evolve. Would they release 24 factional tomes for 4th again, or just mini tomes for mini models, not sure.

Edited by lele

I think people get hung up on what system models get released for. Whether they’re released for whfb, aos, warcry or underworlds, they’re just warhammer models. 

It’s pretty obvious that the end times models in particular were designed with the knowledge that AoS was coming. Archaon and Nagash are ‘AoS’ models released during the final month or year or whatever of WHFB. This ‘replace whfb’ battle models or ‘whfb characters should be retired’ stuff doesn’t make any sense. Older kits will get replaced because that’s what GW does (in the main - waiting for skaven and boc players to tell me I’m wrong. Besides, for me, it was always eldar, IG and tyranids that needing replacing the most urgently…)

Archaon, Be’lakor, Nagash, kroak and Teclis are far more interesting than Bastian, Tahlia and Kragnos imho. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Starfyre said:

I think people get hung up on what system models get released for. Whether they’re released for whfb, aos, warcry or underworlds, they’re just warhammer models. 

It’s pretty obvious that the end times models in particular were designed with the knowledge that AoS was coming. Archaon and Nagash are ‘AoS’ models released during the final month or year or whatever of WHFB. This ‘replace whfb’ battle models or ‘whfb characters should be retired’ stuff doesn’t make any sense. Older kits will get replaced because that’s what GW does (in the main - waiting for skaven and boc players to tell me I’m wrong. Besides, for me, it was always eldar, IG and tyranids that needing replacing the most urgently…)

Archaon, Be’lakor, Nagash, kroak and Teclis are far more interesting than Bastian, Tahlia and Kragnos imho. 

I think GW is trying to blur the lines between the systems. Some warcry warbands can even be used as battleline. I think its a great way of adding more models to the game without having to wait for a tome release or some narrative event.

• Like 7