The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, Aleser said:

Well in this campaign they are. This is what I meant

Don't you think it is better for the narrative to do not force the inclusion of all (or as much as possible) the existing factions and rather have a better built and more exciting story?

Dawnbringers so far is being a bit poor, imo, story telling whise and I have the feeling that if the narratives wuld be focused in less factions it would leave room for more creativity.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, KriticalKhan said:

And with the new draconith brothers filling a similar niche, I can see the stardrake getting left on the backburner. I'd love a new version since, IMO, it's pretty underwhelming as a big centerpiece, but (again, just my opinion) the only models that really need a do-over are the dracoths and Celestant-Prime. I hate to bring out such a tired comparison, but they really look like something out of WoW or a cheap mobile game (that's trying to look like WoW).

I can't speak for anyone else, but I hope the Sacroscant and Vanguard models stick around. They look good already and different armor styles would help them stand out and keep the army from looking too monotonous.

My poor Dracothian Guard. I Hope and think they stay. Stardrake also still looks dope. The Models are maybe 7 years old? Thats still to early to retire. Group them in one scroll and its fine. They just need to group all those 5 wound heros into one warscroll. "Knight of Azyr". And the book is half as thick.

Totally agree on the celestant Prime so. Found that Thing ugly from the beginning 

Edited by Dukeus
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

For me, the new Gorgers are hinting at that. 

Couldnt agree more.

I think the COS Ogors are a look into the future somewhat. When you look at the absolute scale of the lads I could see Gluttons, Ironguts and Leadbelchers all being scaled up as they rightly should be, finally, lore accurate.

26 minutes ago, Aleser said:

DOK is totally forgeten

In Dawnbringers yes but they had an absolutely massive part to play in Broken Realms.

• Like 3

Just now, Ejecutor said:

Don't you think it is better for the narrative to do not force the inclusion of all (or as much as possible) the existing factions and rather have a better built and more exciting story?

Dawnbringers so far is being a bit poor, imo, story telling whise and I have the feeling that if the narratives wuld be focused in less factions it would leave room for more creativity.

Yeah all story is really fast and shallow and includes too many races and charchters but at least it is more engaging way to introduce new models then just few bits in battletomes. Also I am not advocating DOK need to get something I just noticed they were still not part of narrative but also often forgoten when members are making lists who didnt get anything.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

I hope the Death focused Dawnbringer book give OBR some love. Every Alliance has a Faction that doesnt appear narratively enough;

Chaos - Skaven and Beasts.

Order - IDK and Fyreslayers.

Destruction - Ogors.

Death - OBR.

Really hope they get a new Morghast Hero, Mortek Archers and another Troop unit.

Ogors, IdK and Fyreslayers appears on the third book

1 minute ago, DeLewko said:

You assume 5 books ? Lately I’ve been thinking book 4 might be the last one and chaos related.

In the end it is the same. The last one being Chaos. Said that, I have the feeling it is 5 books as well. Narrative has been so poor that they need more books to build something decent 😅

On 10/15/2023 at 7:16 PM, Clan's Cynic said:

Nothing AoS this week, except for the W+ Battle Report recreating one of the Realmgate Wars missions. 

Spoiler

Necromunda
Ruins of Jardlan
Arachni-rigs

Lady of Ash
Outpost
New psychic and worms
Squat vehicle
Squat inspector
Squat shooter

Age of Sigmar
Cities Battletome + Infrantry + Cavalry + Foot Marshall + Mounted + the Not-Ogor + Alchemist + Manticore + Fusiliers + Pontifex + Command Group + Cannon
Mistery book Winter
Dawnbringer: 3 + Ionus + Orion spirit Kurnoth Beatle
Dawnbringer: 4

Warcry
2 Warbands (Order vs Death)
2 Warbands (who knows)

Underworlds
Destro Warband
Rival Deck 2

Horus Heresy
Assault Squad
Mistery Army
Legion Command Squad
Fulgrim
Lords of War
Traitor Champion

Warhammer 40k
Adeptus Mechanicus + Tallman
Necrons + Imotekh
Dark Angels
Orks
Adeptus Custodes
T'au Empire
Chaos Space Marines

Kill Team 
Scouts vs Scorpions

LotR

Old World
Bretonnian Paladin + Standard Bearer + Unicorn hero + foot Standard Bearer + foot knights + lord on pegasus + maiden + old kits
Tomb Kings Hero

Blood Bowl
Grashnak Blackhoof    

Epic HH
The box
Dire wolfs
Support box (Deredeo, Leviathan, Tarantula & Rapier)
Support Auxilia
Kratos
Baneblade
Rhino
Warhounds
Medusas
New terrain
Fast Attack pack
Drops
Drops Dread
Spartan

We still at two week preorder so Cities are not coming this month. Epic or Cities is the next Sunday preview

Edited by Nezzhil

4 minutes ago, DeLewko said:

You assume 5 books ? Lately I’ve been thinking book 4 might be the last one and chaos related.

5 books or 4 books + 1 book more, but we know that something must link with the next edition and usually is a model of the next core faction (Nighthaunt, Kragnos, Necron, Tyranid,...).

3 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Necromunda
Ruins of Jardlan
Arachni-rigs

Lady of Ash
Outpost
New psychic and worms

Age of Sigmar
Cities Battletome + Infrantry + Cavalry + Foot Marshall + Mounted + the Not-Ogor + Alchemist + Manticore + Fusiliers + Pontifex + Command Group + Cannon
Mistery book Winter
Dawnbringer: 3 + Ionus + Orion spirit Kurnoth Beatle
Dawnbringer: 4

Warcry
2 Warbands (Order vs Death)
2 Warbands (who knows)

Underworlds
Destro Warband
Rival Deck 2

Horus Heresy
Assault Squad
Mistery Army
Legion Command Squad
Fulgrim
Lords of War
Traitor Champion

Warhammer 40k
Adeptus Mechanicus + Tallman
Necrons + Imotekh
Dark Angels
Orks
Adeptus Custodes
T'au Empire
Chaos Space Marines

Kill Team 
Scouts vs Scorpions

LotR

Old World
Bretonnian Paladin + Standard Bearer + Unicorn hero + foot Standard Bearer + foot knights + lord on pegasus + maiden + old kits
Tomb Kings Hero

Blood Bowl
Grashnak Blackhoof    

Epic HH
The box
Dire wolfs
Support box (Deredeo, Leviathan, Tarantula & Rapier)
Support Auxilia
Kratos
Baneblade
Rhino
Warhounds
Medusas
New terrain
Fast Attack pack
Drops
Spartan

We still at two week preorder so Cities are not coming this month. Epic or Cities is the next Sunday preview

Is the 2 week preorder confirmed in the article or video? 

51 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Couldnt agree more.

I think the COS Ogors are a look into the future somewhat. When you look at the absolute scale of the lads I could see Gluttons, Ironguts and Leadbelchers all being scaled up as they rightly should be, finally, lore accurate.

I wonder if gorgers will become kind of a subfaction of and unto themselves. I could definitely see it. 

In those pics the gorgers dwarf the old ogres even kneeling down so I welcome a lore appropriate scaleing up. 

I really think when they do drop it'll be worth the wait. I may even start collecting them. 

• LOVE IT! 1

5 hours ago, KriticalKhan said:

It's going to be interesting to see how a revamp of the old Stormcast goes. I'd say Sacrosanct stuff is pretty safe for the time being and the Vanguard units look good with the extra details and more dynamic posing. If it's only going to be the OG releases and Dracoth riders (Vandus is either getting a heroic return and new model or permanently killed off, IMO), then that could be done in a single edition's worth of releases.

-New Liberators (dual kit with new multipart vindictors?)

-Judicators (I really don't see the point of these guys with Vigilors now, but I was thinking the same thing about Liberators before last week, so...)

-Prosecutors w/ variants

-Paladins w/ variants

-Dracoth riders w/ variants

-Stardrake

-Celestant-Prime

-Vandus

and then all the foot characters, some of which could be rolled into kits with multiple options or else dropped where there are already clear Thunderstrike alternatives (Knight-Vexillor and Lord-Relictor, for example). GW has been combining a lot of weapon options into single profiles and we might see something like that with the Paladins becoming a single unit to complement the Annihilators. That would be about on par with the initial Thunderstrike release and take care of the "worst offenders" of the range. If we assume they're going to add stuff from the unopened chambers too, then it would still only take about two editions. I don't think it will take as long as the Primaris stuff has since SCE are only dealing with about half the number of models.

Or maybe it'll just be Liberators and we'll all look back on this and laugh

WHITEFANG LAUGH REACT.

BUT TO WHICH PART??

12 minutes ago, boyadventurer said:

Sorry if it was already mentioned -- there's a lot of WH Day posts to have to filter out -- but is there any info about why Death Gorge and those select WH:U Warbands were never released for pre-order? They were advertised as going up on the 7th, but still aren't on the NA GW website.

The War-Com preorder article notes at the bottom "*These products have been delayed in the US and Canada."

(Deathgorge and the older warbands are the two things so marked.)

On 12/10/2023 at 17:51, Kronos said:

J'ai lu ça dans la voix de Kanye.

Ce serait bien pour GW d'avoir un autre cochon qui pousse des personnages divins comme ils l'ont fait avec Broken Realms. La sortie de Kroak/Kragnos/Be'Lakor était tellement excitante. 

J'espère vraiment voir un autre Dieu revenir, je me demande aussi si je continue d'espérer Malerion ou si je réalise qu'il n'a jamais réellement réussi à sortir du monde qui était et a été le produit de l'imagination de Morathi tout ce temps par culpabilité.

It will be difficult to believe in perfidy on the part of Morathi when rereading the passage from Broken Realms. Anyway, I'm hoping too to have a model for Malerion my friend.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KriticalKhan said:

WHITEFANG LAUGH REACT.

BUT TO WHICH PART??

My bet is the multi-part kit, neo-Liberators have enough armor design differences to make them separate and probably the same weapon load-out of swords & hammers to keep the 2 boxes so GW can double up on sales.

(and possible chuckle at it only taking two editions when GW will probably drag their feet on this to spread the Stormcast starters over several editions. In the Stormcast forums we’re betting at least ‘til 8th edition before Primaris status is reached)

2 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

5 books or 4 books + 1 book more, but we know that something must link with the next edition and usually is a model of the next core faction (Nighthaunt, Kragnos, Necron, Tyranid,...).

Also a big Chaos finale would link up really well with Soulbound who are planning to make the Champions of Chaos book the new big core book of Soulbound 2.0

”> Emmet —
> Welp, someone let the cat out of the bag! Yep, Champions of Chaos will be a corebook. The rules will be almost identical bar some wonkiness we want to fix (Called Shot, I'm looking at you), and what replaces Soulfire 
> And yes, we've had nothing but positivity for the Soulbound system and have multiple games in the works using the C7d6 system
> Champions of Chaos is a corebook because Chaos is so big but also it is a great new entry point for people.  Champions of Chaos will likely release almost 4 years after Soulbound. Soulbound launched during a pandmic, which did hinder it, so hopefully Champions of Chaos will be big!
> Also, no guarantee it will be called Champions of Chaos (my shelf weeps at the thought)”

Having Chaos make a big boom in appearances to lead into Skaven craziness alongside a new rpg experience of being able to make archetype characters Skaven, Darkoaths, Varanguards or Ogroids among many others would fit like a gem in my view.

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 7

21 minutes ago, Danaork said:

It will be difficult to believe in perfidy on the part of Morathi when rereading the passage from Broken Realms. Anyway, I'm hoping too to have a model for Malerion my friend.

Indeed. I feel 8 years is far too long to be teasing a character. Still, I got Kroak and Be’Lakor (and Angron!) so I know I’m being a spoilt little hobbyist.

But not to detract - why is my quote in French now. 🇫🇷

• Like 2