The Rumour Thread

12 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

I think spiderfang are probably safe, its just bonesplitterz that are on the chopping block imo

Kruleboyz are AoS-ified Greenskinz. They are to Greenskinz what lumineth are to high elves. They're even pretty close to greenskinz in army composition, despite what their narrative might suggest they fight like.
They could definitely work some more grots into the line though, they're all over the place as helpers and companions but hobgrots kind of took their place as a unit option.

It’s not set in the stone . More grots in skullbugz could work . Spiderfang use similar gameplay as kruleboyz with MW on poison . 

My preference on it would be to tome up jawz & bones and give Krules their own with a range expansion and tome.

•Hobgrot expansion 

•Grot expansion 

•More orruk options like gnashtoof calvary. 

•I'd love to see a mirebrute hag 😍 or new fellwater or moss troggs as heavies. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

What would be the odds of having that rumored silent people being kinda spider based as well so they kinda would replace the spiderfang?

Silent people was never a good based rumored faction, It was a wishlisted faction as Grotbag Scuttlers, unified duardins or others that was reported multiples times on 4chan or by random users here.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Silent people was never a good based rumored faction, It was a wishlisted faction as Grotbag Scuttlers, unified duardins or others that was reported multiples times on 4chan or by random users here.

Who are you calling a Random User? 🤣

I refer the honourable TGA-er to my track record of insistent claims that every RE was Squats and I tell you it worked!

• Haha 4

43 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

Ma préférence serait de retravailler jawz & bones et de donner le leur à Krules avec une extension de gamme et un tome.

• Agrandissement du Hobgrot 

• Agrandissement de la grotte 

•Plus d'options orruk comme le calvaire grinshtoof. 

•J'adorerais voir une sorcière mirebrute 😍 ou de nouveaux troggs de chute d'eau ou de mousse comme lourds. 

That will be so extited if they refresh the Fellwaters for swipe them to Kruleboyz 😍

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

37 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

So sad. The more seeds we have for new factions/ models the best.

51 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

My preference on it would be to tome up jawz & bones and give Krules their own with a range expansion and tome.

•Hobgrot expansion 

•Grot expansion 

•More orruk options like gnashtoof calvary. 

•I'd love to see a mirebrute hag 😍 or new fellwater or moss troggs as heavies. 

I personally wish for

- murknob warrior (3/5 elite melee unit)

- gnashtoof cavalery / gnashtoof hunting pack 

- gutrippaz boss hero or Hobgrot hero , similar to squigboss or ardboyz big boss 

- skullbugz units 

improved gameplay including dynamics dirty tricks (similar to cities of sigmar orders) 

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

So sad. The more seeds we have for new factions/ models the best.

We have plenty though?(other than the Silent People that were an underworld background footnote like Katophranes).
-Grotbag (and Gitmob to some extent as they already exists in Snarlfang).
-Malerion
-Chorfs
-Valay of the deeps(octopi duardin) and some others sea species.
-Gholemkind
-Dogrukh

Also some expansion for already existing "microfactions" like deadwalkers and Firebellies.

7 hours ago, cyrus said:

They can discontinue of course some old kits but all current 24 factions will stay :

zbfejWz.jpg

That's so cool to see those 24 factions represented. Looking back at 1st ed where we only had 14 BTs and a bunch of mini armies in the GHB, AoS has grown so much since. Feels great to see all the hard work that has been done to flesh out the game. Good thing is... there's still plenty of room to expand all of those. New versions of existing minis, brand new ones...

6 hours ago, Chikout said:

Yeah. That's why I suggested Bonesplittas or Spiderfang as possible cuts though as I said, I really don't think they should do it.

Wait and see. I always felt like GW never knew what to make of them, because when you read between the lines you see very naughty stuff to do in 2023 in these mini armies. But with the 40k Snakebites, I think they might have a start to make those evolve in a better direction. Time will tell.

6 hours ago, Lucien 2L said:

Can we expect something else than FEC for the winter BT ?

Let me explain, that mysterious BT could be “Chorf” or “Umbraneth” as new antagonists in Dawnbringer 3, and Ushoran could return in the end of Dawnbringer 4 with a new FEC BT in early spring 2024. What do you think ? 🤔

(Sound wishlisting when I write it)

I mean if they are indexing the edition for 4th and resetting the game, there probably not another battletome after FeC.

FeC may get snuff like world eaters did in 40K where their book was active for like 5 months before 10th happen

54 minutes ago, Grunbag said:

I personally wish for

- gutrippaz boss hero or Hobgrot hero , similar to squigboss or ardboyz big boss 

- skullbugz units 

improved gameplay including dynamics dirty tricks (similar to cities of sigmar orders) 

51 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

Right!! 

Didn't one of the new CoS units get our "covered in mud" dirty tricks as an inherent ability on their warscroll?...🤪

I was brainstorming how I'd write some new rules for kruleboyz, and one of the ideas I came up with was special command abilities that you issue to your opponents units that apply debuffs or other effects. The narrative being playing tricks, sowing confusion, and mimicking enemy soldiers in the chaos of the battlefield. They would do stuff like reducing hit/wound, negating inspiring presence and forcing the opponent to retreat.
The other allegiance abilities I jotted down were the grinnin blades ability army-wide and keeping the kruleboyz waaagh!

Then changes to the subfactions, with grinnin blades getting a free outside of 12" teleport every turn (obscured by the mist), big yellerz getting bonuses for not moving(they're canonically lazy), and skulbugz blocking commands on a roll within 3"

1 hour ago, Grunbag said:

I personally wish for

- skullbugz units 

What are skullbugz ? New nasty swamp beasties the KB tame ?

Part of the Kruleboyz problem is their mw output. You look for 6s to hit or buff as much as you can to improve that mw output. That's because kruleboyz can't take a hit unless you pay for a bunch of points to have a wounds wall.

Imho, instead of doing mw, we could have a range of venoms with diferent debuffs, without the need to stack shamans and sludgerackers on a blob of archers or a legion of guttrippaz to just kill anything that is in range with a mountain of mw

• Like 1

Just now, Beliman said:

Part of the Kruleboyz problem is their mw output. You look for 6s to hit or buff as much as you can to improve that mw output. That's because kruleboyz can't take a hit unless you pay for a bunch of points to have a wounds wall.

Imho, instead of doing mw, we could have a range of venoms with diferent debuffs, without the need to stack shamans and sludgerackers on a blob of archers or a legion of guttrippaz to just kill anything that is in range with a mountain of mw

Sounds a lot like Spiderfang and they have never been in a good place.

1 hour ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

We have plenty though?(other than the Silent People that were an underworld background footnote like Katophranes).
-Grotbag (and Gitmob to some extent as they already exists in Snarlfang).
-Malerion
-Chorfs
-Valay of the deeps(octopi duardin) and some others sea species.
-Gholemkind
-Dogrukh

Also some expansion for already existing "microfactions" like deadwalkers and Firebellies.

The more the merrier.

Also, I am not aware at 100% of all of them. Who are the Dogrukhs? Google doesn't want to answer me 😅

• Like 1