The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

So could we predict any more about what 12+ factions get updated with these books? 

Chaos: 

Beasts of Chaos
Blades of Khorne
Disciples of Tzeentch
Hedonites of Slaanesh
Maggotkin of Nurgle ✔️
Skaven
Slaves to Darkness

Death

Flesh-Eater Courts ✔️
Nighthaunt
Ossiarch Bonereapers
Soulblight Gravelords

Destruction

Gloomspite Gitz ✔️
Ogor Mawtribes
Orruk Warclans ✔️
Sons of Behemat

Order

Cities of Sigmar 
Daughters of Khaine
Fyreslayers ✔️
Idoneth Deepkin 
Kharadron Overlords
Lumineth Realm-lords
Seraphon 
Stormcast Eternals 
Sylvaneth

We have so far 5/12. Having already 2 destruction factions covered and being this book the destruction related one it seems very unlikely that we would have more destruction ones.

Khorne rumours seems pretty strong, so that would be the 6th, and based on the comments during the last months I would say Silvaneth is almost confirmed as well, being the 7th.

That leaves 5 more factions fully open to speculation.

My guess would be OBR for Death, just purely for balancing the releases between Grand Alliances.

Then KO and ID, to give them a bit of love, and to finish the "roster" 2 more from Chaos, but I am not fully sure which ones. Maybe Slaves and something else.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

So could we predict any more about what 12+ factions get updated with these books? 

Gitz, Fyreslayers, Nurgle, FEC, Ironjawz are all already included, so that leaves 7+ to go.

Sylvaneth and Khorne have both been heavily implied to have further involvement in the upcoming books and it would almost be more surprising if Stormcast didn't get anything. 

Assuming those guesses are correct, there's still another 4 or more armies that should see something. For those who have been reading the lore in the books closely, have there been any other strong hints as to who might become involved in the narrative down the line?

Edit: I could see Skaven getting something, as a precursor of sorts to the expected range refresh.

Edited by ArcLight
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, ArcLight said:

Gitz, Fyreslayers, Nurgle, FEC, Ironjawz are all already included, so that leaves 7+ to go.

Sylvaneth and Khorne have both been heavily implied to have further involvement in the upcoming books and it would almost be more surprising if Stormcast didn't get anything. 

Assuming those guesses are correct, there's still another 4 or more armies that should see something. For those who have been reading the lore in the books closely, have there been any other strong hints as to who might become involved in the narrative down the line?

Edit: I could see Skaven getting something, as a precursor of sorts to the expected range refresh.

I would actually predict Skaven (and Stormcast) to not get anything because the events now would lead into them being the starter factions for 4th edition. I also predict we wont be seeing more CoS because they just got a tome and huge refresh. I would like more Darkoath, do we have any strong rumours about those?

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 2

I'd say Khorne and Sylvaneth in book 3 is a very good bet. I think we might see something Darkoath for Slaves to Darkness. There's a good chance of seeing a Skaven hero in book 4 to set up 4th edition. An Ogor Man-eaters kit that can be allied into any faction would be cool. 

That leaves 2. Stormcast and BoC or Tzeentch. 

The tag line of the campaign is one shall rise and one shall fall. I'm sure we'll get a switcheroo late in the series where the crusade that looks like it will succeed will suddenly collapse after the city is founded either by Tzeentchian machinations from within, or by Skaven pouring up from tunnels hidden beneath the new city. 

It also seems to be a safe bet that we'll end up with a twelfth city. 11 seemed an odd number to settle on. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, ArcLight said:

I think ushoran (aka the summer king) is being set up as a big bad in the dawnbringer narrative.

It seems like book 4 of the dawnbringers will coincide with the battletome release in 'winter 2023'.

So I assume it'll be the dawnbringer 4 ushoran book along with a new limited FEC army box just before Christmas, with the full army release in the new year (like S2D).

That leaves book 3 as a bit of a mystery, especially as its due to be released in the autumn.

Narrative seems to point toward new valkia. Do we have any indication of when the next preview show is likely to be?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

I would like more Darkoath, do we have any strong rumours about those?

Apart from the Darkoath icon that appeared in the annoucement trailer of the campaign, none so far. (This icon is the warband symbol of Darkoath Savagers in Warcry).
image.png.119e55b1f5282bde036c7a9007f1e8fb.png

4 hours ago, ArcLight said:

Assuming those guesses are correct, there's still another 4 or more armies that should see something.

Maybe Fyreslayers get more things later down the campaign. You all know the Whitefang rumours about them, no need to repeat them, that's what I'm basing myself on.

Also don't forget Cities of Sigmar getting minis, there's a Whitefang rumour about Callis & Toll minis. 

But yeah so far, Khorne & Sylvaneth are the most likely candidates for new minis.

Edited by The Lost Sigmarite
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Apart from the Darkoath icon that appeared in the annoucement trailer of the campaign, none so far. (This icon is the warband symbol Darkoath Savagers in Warcry).

Maybe Fyreslayers get more things later down the campaign. You all know the Whitefang rumours about them, no need to repeat them, that's what I'm basing myself on.

Also don't forget Cities of Sigmar getting minis, there's a Whitefang rumour about Callis & Toll minis. 

But yeah so far, Khorne & Sylvaneth are the most likely candidates for new minis.

Uhhh. Good point! I had no clue about that particular one. Imo this almost confirms Darkoath, yes. Another one to the list.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Goatforce said:

Well since people are speculating that StD might get some stuff with Dawnbringers, I might say maybe new Temple Guard for Seraphon? Probably not but can dream.

I would love new temple guard or a new monster. 

However I think it's more likely for some other factions to get stuff... my prediction for the 7 remaining

1. FEC
2. Nurgle
3. Khorne
4. Idoneth
5. Ogors
6. Soulblight (it's been a couple months since their last character foot hero... time for another. 
7. Daughters

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DinoJon said:

However I think it's more likely for some other factions to get stuff... my prediction for the 7 remaining

1. FEC
2. Nurgle
3. Khorne
4. Idoneth
5. Ogors
6. Soulblight (it's been a couple months since their last character foot hero... time for another. 
7. Daughters

As FEC and Nurgle already got something, you gotta guess another 2!

28 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

Yndrasta's book is already sold out, will this restock or is that... it for the book? I thought this would be the mass-produced version :(

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/yndrasta-the-celestial-spear-hb-2023

Hardbacks are also always limited unfortunately. I'm hoping Realmslayer will also get a non-special edition hardback release like this

Edited by Snarff
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

1. FEC
2. Nurgle
3. Khorne
4. Idoneth
5. Ogors
7. Daughters

Yeah personally would prioritise getting the dated models replaced (though the downside is I bet they will go from £37.50 for 15 to the same for 5), but would be cool to see a monster. Aren't Skinks riding Coatls talked about in the book? THat'd be cool. But yeah I do think they are unlikely to get anything until next edition.

God don't even with Soulblight and their bloody foot named characters! Please just give us a mounted vampire or a hero on re-done Abyssal Terror for a medium sized mounted monster to be a cheaper version of Vamp on Dragon.

I do wonder it it'll be Bonereapers as the other Death Rep though, not Soulblight, but we will see. Doubt there will be more than 2 reps in Dawnbringers overall, feel that the focus has been very much off them this edition which makes sense given how well they ate last edition, though it makes me sad as a Death fanboy.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Apart from the Darkoath icon that appeared in the annoucement trailer of the campaign, none so far. (This icon is the warband symbol of Darkoath Savagers in Warcry).

Well look who reacted lmao. More rumours for the rumour throne... 

• Haha 1