The Rumour Thread

14 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

"Everything". As many books get FAQs on day one. So it is a shame you buy a book or datacards and they are already outdated. Imo this would be the best option as I doubt many buy the battletomes just for the rules having the app for free.

Not going to disagree but for many casual gamers just starting out, you aren’t thinking about FAQs and things like that. It’s not until you’ve got a few games in and drifting away from getting everything from one place. Pretty sure the typical customer for GW is women in their 30s/40s buying something for their children. All of us who use the internet, are older and doing our own thing aren’t the target audience 😉

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Not going to disagree but for many casual gamers just starting out, you aren’t thinking about FAQs and things like that. It’s not until you’ve got a few games in and drifting away from getting everything from one place. Pretty sure the typical customer for GW is women in their 30s/40s buying something for their children. All of us who use the internet, are older and doing our own thing aren’t the target audience 😉

In my opinion having the rules in an app/online is better for casuals. As you say, they aren't thinking about FAQs etc, but if the rules are kept up to date in an app/online they don't have to!
And I think kids today have great knowledge of using apps and finding information online.

Sorry for continuing this off topic discussion, btw.
Rumour talk: I wonder when the new kruleboyz warcry warband will be released and I'm very interested in seeing the AoS-rules for it.

Edited by Sabush
  • Like 5

10 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Oh also just to say, new Ironjaws and Fyreslayers look ace and this is what AOS has needed for a long time - more variety and ranges being their own thing. 

Yeah, the armies launched in 1st edition that didn't get a proper 2nd wave are getting some love recently, and that's a great thing. The studio needs to finish what they started in 1st edition. So far :

• Ironjawz : 
  • Sylvaneth :  (sorta, still waiting on Kurnothi (soon™️)
  • Kharadron : 🕒
  • Fyreslayers : 🕒
  • Idoneth : 🕒
  • Nurgle : 🕒
  • Tzeentch : 🕒

And then there's Malerion, willl he join Morathi and her DoK ? Once again, GW starts to take a look at all the armies they launched and left unfinished business with them, just at their regular slow pace (making minis takes time).

• Like 3

I don’t see Idoneth, ko, tzeentch at all getting second waves any time soon. Those ranges launched at double the size of something like fyreslayers or ironjawz. They don’t need the same sort of love.

Fyreslayers need new models 

Skaven and Ogors need the average age of their models brought down. 

so I do think those 3 logically would be next after Fec.

oh plus resculpting original ugly stormcast to be more thunderstrike and diverse

• Like 6
  • Confused 2

21 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Yeah, the armies launched in 1st edition that didn't get a proper 2nd wave are getting some love recently, and that's a great thing. The studio needs to finish what they started in 1st edition. So far :

• Ironjawz : 

And then there's Malerion, willl he join Morathi and her DoK ? Once again, GW starts to take a look at all the armies they launched and left unfinished business with them, just at their regular slow pace (making minis takes time).

Dont forget Skaven, Ogors and Beasts.

1 hour ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Do you think that's their main target? I see it complicate for someone doesn't know about warhammer that just pops in a shop and buy something like that to their kids. Specially with their price barrier. I would say that the main target nowdays are the pretty heavily stablished whale like customers.

31 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

• Ironjawz : 

I think it would be the other way around, DoK would be removed and Morathi would join Malerion.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Morglum StormBasha said:

I don’t see Idoneth, ko, tzeentch at all getting second waves any time soon. Those ranges launched at double the size of something like fyreslayers or ironjawz. They don’t need the same sort of love.

Disagree

Kharadrons had 11 kits on release, Fyreslayers had 7. But to be fair, that Magmadroth had 3 diferent heroes in it that you could build on foot and on top of the magmadroth. GW released 2 new heroes, Endless Spells Prayers and a Forge for Fyreslayers.  Kharadrons have recieved 3 Heroes.

Imho, all micro-armies (even if they were released past 1st edition, like OBR or Kruleboyz) are in need of a 2d wave.

• Like 9

21 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Do you think that's their main target? I see it complicate for someone doesn't know about warhammer that just pops in a shop and buy something like that to their kids. Specially with their price barrier. I would say that the main target nowdays are the pretty heavily stablished whale like customers.

Without derailing the rumour thread (!?!) anymore, yes I think that’s the main target. You will honestly be surprised. I do have to add, this is going into a GW store. Indie stores and websites do not count as people will be thinking about getting a good price or getting other items (like paint ranges). The GW stores are designed as one stop shops for parents of new players.

Anyway back to rumours…

With the Destruction releases coming up and Warcry, I don’t think there is much more this year for AOS outside the Christmas boxes. Has anybody heard different?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Without derailing the rumour thread (!?!) anymore, yes I think that’s the main target. You will honestly be surprised. I do have to add, this is going into a GW store. Indie stores and websites do not count as people will be thinking about getting a good price or getting other items (like paint ranges). The GW stores are designed as one stop shops for parents of new players.

Anyway back to rumours…

With the Destruction releases coming up and Warcry, I don’t think there is much more this year for AOS outside the Christmas boxes. Has anybody heard different?

Imho new customers have always been the target for GW. Its said one of the big reasons for whfb getting deleted was that people finished their armies and it just didnt sell anymore. I think people with huge collections are easier to quit the hobby or jump back at a later time. New people also need to buy all the paints and tools and more minis to build an army. New people could bring their friends who are also potential new customers. Its the obvious target to focus on for GW.

Edit: I love this way of updating an army when the edition is close to being finished. I hope they do similar updates down the road. Could also be a great way to fix certain subfactions that are in a rough spot.

Edited by Gitzdee

33 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

October : Full release Cities of Sigmar

November : Dawbringers book 3 with rumored Fyreslayers and Kurnothi (mini) waves

image.png.5a65f5cd12a83b41dee3b82fd45479

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Anyway back to rumours…

Third Dawnbringer book is in Autmun aswell so it is still more for this year 😄

Edited by Aleser

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

Dont forget Skaven, Ogors and Beasts.

Yeah but those are WFB armies in need of an AoS refresh, not 1st edition armies time passed by.

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

I think it would be the other way around, DoK would be removed and Morathi would join Malerion.

One way or the other, it's the same, just soup them.

About second waves, there's different sizes of them. There's things like what Sylvaneth got, 3 kits (one double) and what Ironjawz got (5 kits, one triple one double). Some armies like Tzeentch, Nurgle, Idoneth, even Kharadron, could make do with a 3 kit release provided there's dual kits in there. However, armies like Fyreslayers deserve the IJ treatment : more kits with as many dual/triple kits as possible.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Yeah but those are WFB armies in need of an AoS refresh, not 1st edition armies time passed by.

One way or the other, it's the same, just soup them.

About second waves, there's different sizes of them. There's things like what Sylvaneth got, 3 kits (one double) and what Ironjawz got (5 kits, one triple one double). Some armies like Tzeentch, Nurgle, Idoneth, even Kharadron, could make do with a 3 kit release provided there's dual kits in there. However, armies like Fyreslayers deserve the IJ treatment : more kits with as many dual/triple kits as possible.

Ironjawz may have been a 1st edition army, but at the moment they are a subfaction of Orruk Warclans with a supplement. This is a new thing for AoS as far i know and could mean a lot of things in the future. Maybe they are updating 1st edition armies. They could also be updating subfactions with supplements. Troggoths subfaction also got a boost this book with Trugg. Its not a supplement but it is a subfaction update for sure.

Edited by Gitzdee

56 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

We got nothing so far about the theme for the third book, right? Maybe is order themed and we got those Kurnothis long time leaked.

Not yet, prob we will see it in few weeks. Also maybe there will be some teasers in book 2 like we had for portal trogg. 

Edited by Aleser

56 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

Why that way around? DoK is an existing faction with a famous figurehead and quite a few players. Malarion (or some other version of the name) is just a few lines in books.

A few lines in books but also a surprisingly high number of Dark Elves, currently residing, for a lack of better place, in the CoS faction. The unification of Druchii is not impossible.

25 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

A Blacktalon novel. My only surprise is it took them this long.

3LhsKpjO4uyd4eXj.jpg

Cool ! Neave and gang and single handledly made SCE cool imo. It's a good thing they get a novel.

I wonder where this will all take us, but maybe the Blacktalons will be the posterboys and girls of AoS in BL, a bit like Gotrek & Felix or Gaunt's Ghosts were for their respective universes.

• Like 1