The Rumour Thread

Definitely  something around with charge for the new ardboyz 

the flavour text of ard boy big boss contain many times the charge word :

A Hulking New Orruk Boss Leads the Charge 

the Ardboy Big Boss is large, and very much in charge.

And remember the text of maw grunta

A single Maw-grunta can smash through massed infantry like a like a boar in a china shop, paving the way for a brutal Ardboys charge.*

Edited by Grunbag

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Gothmaug said:

Oh glorious days! Ironjawz have not been forgotten about. My fanatical adherence to that army has not been for Naught. 

So the next question is.... Individual kits, or all the new stuff locked up in one big box?

This would be the one case where I actually wouldn't mind an all in one box set as I'm likely to get everything new in the first instance anyway. As long as it's not limited and so sells out super quick anyway.

10 minutes ago, Grunbag said:

Definitely  something around with charge for the new ardboyz 

the flavour text of ard boy big boss contain many times the charge word :

A Hulking New Orruk Boss Leads the Charge 

the Ardboy Big Boss is large, and very much in charge.

And remember the text of maw grunta

A single Maw-grunta can smash through massed infantry like a like a boar in a china shop, paving the way for a brutal Ardboys charge.*

Hmm we had assumed the big pig was to synergize with the gore-gruntas, but based on that flavor text and the ardboys hanging all over it, perhaps its all about ardboy synergy. 

So we might actually get a box, perhaps a new vanguard style box, focused around ardboys, buffed by a footboss and supported by the big pig. IF they bring back the greenskinz archers, as a 5 man block of "new ardboys" with bows, that might round out that box fairly well. Especially if the archers get some sore of rule like "Disruptive Volley: Pick one unit hit by this ranged attack. Units successfully charging this unit get +1 to hit" or something along similar lines. 

1 minute ago, Gothmaug said:

Hmm we had assumed the big pig was to synergize with the gore-gruntas, but based on that flavor text and the ardboys hanging all over it, perhaps its all about ardboy synergy. 

So we might actually get a box, perhaps a new vanguard style box, focused around ardboys, buffed by a footboss and supported by the big pig. IF they bring back the greenskinz archers, as a 5 man block of "new ardboys" with bows, that might round out that box fairly well. Especially if the archers get some sore of rule like "Disruptive Volley: Pick one unit hit by this ranged attack. Units successfully charging this unit get +1 to hit" or something along similar lines. 

Yes and not to mention that big pig has 2 ard boyz along the sides . So might have synergies 

Just now, Throgg said:

Wait wait, it wasn't "Reign of the Brute"? In any case, it's a very welcoming notice :D

Yeah, it was, I thought I remembered the title, but it turns out my memory didn't serve me well 😂😂 I had to check and already edited 😁

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

Makes sense that it'll be all about ardboys, everyone and their squig has gruntas. Atleast if they have it all buff ardboy stuff we will all have to go out and buy them 😂

46 minutes ago, Grunbag said:

Yes and not to mention that big pig has 2 ard boyz along the sides . So might have synergies 

I miss my arrer boys

image.png.8dc4a57d81f5ba3e314e947b658d5c54.png

And Chris Tomlin's Orruk Brute ballista conversions, are what drew me to this website originally back in 2018 . I made a set that sat, sadly retired, until I brought them back into service as proxies when the kruelboys archers came out. 

image.png.509b3a206f2e76fa34aa92fbe715e6b1.png

Edited by Gothmaug
  • Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 5

8 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

Yeah based on the things i have seen floating around here. My guess is that Kurnothi will be part of one of the book releases probably a small wave or just 1 unit or model. Kurnoth isnt in the picture yet he probably wont get a model. I think it will be an AoS release and nothing related to Warcry although that would be a good guess too.

I love all the Orruk talk very much. I did receive a Whitefang like that has flown under the radar :p.

I would also like to see a fully shielded Ardboy unit. I would still be fine with minimum 5. Just to keep them a bit tougher per model and not get these 30x horde army style lists that need to be nerfed asap.

Edited by Gitzdee
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

I totally give you your point here, but the key imo is to differentiate between the launching box and the starter sets. Starter sets are for sure for newbies, hence why I get why they have SCE + something, but what about the launching box like Leviathan or Dominion? I don't think they are thought got newbies. They are not available for more than 5 - 10 days in many of the stores, so I can get why some poeple would like to see them out of that kind of boxes, but it is pretty unlikey that we see a different content between the two boxes which, imo, would be the key.

The dominion and leviathan boxes are probably the best of both worlds for newbies and veterans, they have everything you need for a newbie and their friends to start AoS and all rules to start the new edition for veterans. The boxes are however like you said are tied to the starter set as models from the box are often available for the starter set.

they have release vs boxes in the past with loads of brand new models on both side but they have mainly been in 40K, and those boxes have obvious downside as your buying a box with half of the model you may not want and would need to split with someone.

Edited by novakai

14 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

They miss things too. 😉

true, they were more of a distraction than anything else, which is why i'd like to see them come back with terrible shooting, BUT with some sort of debuff they could apply to the target. Like the -2 move/charge the tyranid barbgaunts are currently doing in 40K. Or a formation breaking ability that gives benefits to units charging the archers target. Would pair nicely against the Pavis shield walled new units for CIties of Sigmar. 

Just give us something different than Move/Charge/melee attack that is the entire current Ironjawz lineup. Its been 7 years in the making, GW can expand the ironjaws concept a bit. 

OORRrr go all in. Give us a naked, tattooed 5 man unit of Orruk Berserkers that have run and charge abilities AND something better than the -1 rend/1 damage attacks that plague ironjaws in general. Orruks that Hit really hard, but are really easy to hit back. 4 wounds a piece, terrible saves, but a feel no pain mechanic. 

Edited by Gothmaug
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

I love all the Orruk talk very much. I did receive a Whitefang like that has flown under the radar :p.

I would also like to see a fully shielded Ardboy unit. I would still be fine with minimum 5. Just to keep them a bit tougher per model and not get these 30x horde army style lists that need to be nerfed asap.

There are loads of 2 wound 10 model units out there! Chaos warriors, bestigor, tzaangor, blood warriors and bloodletters, plague bearers. Doesn't make them any less tough or more hordey

9 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

Yeah based on the things i have seen floating around here. My guess is that Kurnothi will be part of one of the book releases probably a small wave or just 1 unit or model. Kurnoth isnt in the picture yet he probably wont get a model. I think it will be an AoS release and nothing related to Warcry although that would be a good guess too.

HOW HAS NOBODY REACTED TO WHITEFANG LIKING A COMMENT THAT MEANS A KURNOTHI RELEASE IS COMING DURING DAWNBRINGERS!?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 4