The Rumour Thread

3 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Above is impossible and 8 kits are too much.

Why would more than 8 kits be impossible? Cities is getting 12 and seraphon got 10. Even Slaves got 8 kits in their last update. Slaneesh got 8 kits and then another 8 kits in their next update. Aside from the abberation that is 2022, several updates per year of 8 or more kits has been the norm. 

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Chikout said:

Why would more than 8 kits be impossible? Cities is getting 12 and seraphon got 10. Even Slaves got 8 kits in their last update. Slaneesh got 8 kits and then another 8 kits in their next update. Aside from the abberation that is 2022, several updates per year of 8 or more kits has been the norm. 

I agree, and don't think 8 is too far out of the realms of possibility, especially if they just make the old horrors kit purely for SBGL vargheists, to free up more design space for separate horror and flayer kits, and release dedicated models for the 3 courtiers+varghulf.

Whitefang said FEC is gonna be big so my estimate is between 5 kits like IJ get, and 12 like the Cities. Knowing FEC already have had their accompanying Warcry band somewhat in advance. Around 8+ kits is not that far of a stretch for me considering the release will revolve around one big centerpiece character, Ushoran, and you want your big expensive model suitably accompanied for release. Probably not 10+ kits, but sizeable release nonetheless.

• Like 1

Seraphon got 9 kits, Slaanesh were 6-7 kits, Slaves were less... Kits and Warscroll are something different to me.

• Like 1

1 Updated ghouls

2 ushoran diarama centrepeice

3 cavalry knights

4 holy grail model like a gory trimuph of saint katherine

5 fey enchantress/lady of the lake

6 elite "armoured" ghouls

7 general

8 hero

9?

Edited by CDM
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, CDM said:

1 Updated ghouls

2 ushoran diatom centrepeice

3 cavalry knights

4 holy grail model like a gory trimuph of saint katherine

5 fey enchantress/lady of the lake

6 elite "armoured" ghouls

7 general

8 hero

9?

1 and 3 have models right now and I doubt they are gonna be updated.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I think they can do better now. I love the illusion but there isn't anything riding them! No reason they can't stay as is and add a ghoul riding some disgusting rotten beast (or hobby horse lol)

Edited by CDM
  • Like 5

I'd expect kits at the higher end of what's possible for the simple reason that there is an almost gigantic gap between how FEC are described (to behave etc.) and how they look on the field. They have a very strong identity but it doesn't show at all.

Unlike in instances where kits are just old, updating the range is imo a necessity to sell FEC as a complete package. So 8 kits sounds good to me. They are also heavily featured in Harbingers so I expect their release to rival Cities to some degree.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

14 minutes ago, Rachmani said:

I'd expect kits at the higher end of what's possible for the simple reason that there is an almost gigantic gap between how FEC are described (to behave etc.) and how they look on the field. They have a very strong identity but it doesn't show at all.

Unlike in instances where kits are just old, updating the range is imo a necessity to sell FEC as a complete package. So 8 kits sounds good to me. They are also heavily featured in Harbingers so I expect their release to rival Cities to some degree.

I think the chance to phase out resin as well always pushes potential kits up? How many resin kits does FEC have? Is it just the varghulf 

Edit: just checked it's such a small range I should of known! 

Also it's I teresting to see actual  weapons, I though for sure they'd be holding bit of corpses as clubs, sharpened bones as swords and flayed bodies as banners etc 

Edited by CDM

22 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Seraphon got 9 kits, Slaanesh were 6-7 kits, Slaves were less... Kits and Warscroll are something different to me.

Slann, Saurus, kroxigors, spawn of chotec, Astrolith, raptadons, star seer, aggradons, scar veteran, chameleons. 10 kits 13 warscrolls.

glutos, twinsouls, archers, lord of pain, sigvald, shardspeaker, Blissbarb seekers, slaangors. 8 kits. 9 kits if you count the twins which came out just a couple of months later. 

Knights, warriors (admittedly those are just upgrades), ogroids, centurion Marshall, chosen, demon prince, enterus, exalted hero. 8 kits. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

3 minutes ago, CDM said:

How many resin kits does FEC have? Is it just the varghulf

Yes, this is the only Finecast reference in FEC range.

It's a long way from the BoC (7), ogors (8) and skavens (13, 10 of which are still in metal oO), the 3 armies with the most entries in this category, but ghouls simply need more entries...

Personally, I'd put my money on 5/6 new kits, which would already be a respectable-sized release on the AoS scale.

• Like 2

Slann, Saurus, kroxigors, spawn of chotec, Astrolith, raptadons, star seer, aggradons, scar veteran, chameleons. 10 kits 13 warscrolls.

glutos, twinsouls, archers, lord of pain, sigvald, shardspeaker, Blissbarb seekers, slaangors. 8 kits. 9 kits if you count the twins which came out just a couple of months later. 

Knights, warriors (admittedly those are just upgrades), ogroids, centurion Marshall, chosen, demon prince, enterus, exalted hero. 8 kits. 

Ok, Warcry kits and kits that were not released at the same time that the book. 🤪

• Confused 6

4 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Ok, Warcry kits and kits that were not released at the same time that the book. 🤪

I don't get why you're laughing at what @Chikout said. This still doesn't rule out those kits as as part of the release. Games spreads its releases more now so they can release more stuff. The Warcry/random characters before/after a main release are absolutely part of the broader product release itself.

6 minutes ago, Draznak said:

Yes, this is the only Finecast reference in FEC range.

It's a long way from the BoC (7), ogors (8) and skavens (13, 10 of which are still in metal oO), the 3 armies with the most entries in this category, but ghouls simply need more entries...

Personally, I'd put my money on 5/6 new kits, which would already be a respectable-sized release on the AoS scale.

The 5 non-hero warscrolls of FEC needed some extra company for sure... Quite interested to see what this release will be beyond "ghouls whith halberds, Ushoran and plastic Varghulf". 

• Thanks 6