The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Doko said:

i started to play 7 years ago,and i knew all that but even then i started a general order army of 100% buyed new and not recycled of fantasy models:

20 longbeards

30 hammerers

30irondrakes

30 ironbreackers

20 dwarf warriors

2 dwarkings

3 runelords

2 gyrocopter/bomber

2 dragonlords

1 archmage

1 loremaster

5 wild ryders

i knew that these models wasnt going to get more units or attention of gw(but i really i didnt think that they were to delete any of these after the purge of fantasy to aos neither)

but im a old player that dont like the new aos models but love the old fantasy models.

so i wanted play aos but i didnt liked the aos models,so i got the old fantasy models

i dont get the persons that want the old fantasy units deleted of aos,whats their problem? 

rigth now if some players dislikes aos armys because they are too much weirds(vengolorian lord,teclis,flying fishs etc) but love fantasy models as dispossesed or bonesplitters can play to aos with these fantasy armys.

if they remove fantasy models then these players wont play to aos and aos gonna loose some playerbase.

so why delete these fantasy units? rigth now all are plus for aos and gw if they keep them.

to save room? everything is direct sale of fantasy so they dont get any room to keep them.

i really i dont see whats the problem with keep old fantasy units but i see many problems if they delete them

I think it reality to not expect everything to last forever (inventory and stocks are things that are hard to gauge from the outside) and that not every old model will be 1 for 1 replace

then again I am more of the opinion that AoS did bloat their design space a little to fast by not having a difinitive direction of what they want to do with all the old models and armies which also complicate things with newer releases or newer ideas that probably could have build AoS up faster.

Edited by novakai

4 minutes ago, novakai said:

I think it reality to not expect everything to last forever

i get it,but i was speaking about the last edition of fantasy models,almost all the actual fantasy models in aos are from around 2012/2013 that is only 1 or 2 years older than first stormcast,ironjaws,fyreslayers,aylvaneths etc

so if the reason to remove these fantasy kits is because they are old,then that same reasoning get us to that all these launch armys of aos must be deleted 1 or 2 years later than delete the fantasy kits no? because in 1 or 2 years they gonna have the same years lived that these fantasy kit if they are removed now.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Doko said:

i get it,but i was speaking about the last edition of fantasy models,almost all the actual fantasy models in aos are from around 2012/2013 that is only 1 or 2 years older than first stormcast,ironjaws,fyreslayers,aylvaneths etc

so if the reason to remove these fantasy kits is because they are old,then that same reasoning get us to that all these launch armys of aos must be deleted 1 or 2 years later than delete the fantasy kits no? because in 1 or 2 years they gonna have the same years lived that these fantasy kit if they are removed now.

Its not always the problem how old kits are i think. Bonespliterz dont need models removed. Hedkrakka is a perfect shaman replacement and get u some bonus heroes too. They just need something more to pull them into AoS. A named character and a other unit would be nice

Some fantasy kits just look weird and out of place because all the other kits have been replaced like Grave Guard. 

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, novakai said:

Dunno the Recent RE look more like Kruleboyz stuff to be honest

and technically they said the book focuses on Destruction which can imply Ogors or even more Gitz models (portal Trogg) 

that and it could be more destruction focus but it possible other armies outside the GA get stuff as well like the last book did.

Ardboyz are " still" no longer available in North America webstore, same thing happened with Lord Kroak during Broken Realms : I want to believe!

W0EypEg.jpeg

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 3

About Bonesplitters : the Wardokk model is metal and from 2000. It's the same age as me (albeit a few months younger), and it makes it the 4th oldest mini in the AoS range (it's older than the freaking night runners), and GW either squats those old minis or gives them a makeover. Considering its just a foot hero, and lots of armies had only a foot hero this edition, does this seem like a stretch to see a plastic Bonesplitters wizard one day ?

Also, the current Savage Orruks kits (including the boar cavalry) still hold up very well today. It's not like they need a replacement asap because "oh my god, these miniatures have aged so poorly, please GW, upgrade them". The models are large enough to 1/not look like midgets alongside the bigger scaled AoS models (same for the piggies they ride) and 2/justify the minis having 2 wounds or more, and have good customisation options, enough details while still having large smooth surfaces to paint quickly and do sick free hands, and they're still pretty characterful. You can tell these boyz are having a propa skrap and are loving it. 

So yeah, just replace the metals/plastics of the range (so like 3 minis) and it'll be fine. 

Edited by The Lost Sigmarite
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

I don't know about Bonesplitters in the campaign. Still, a man can dream...

I know right… maybe they squatted the Rogue Idol so they can replace it with something -AWSOME- as our centre piece? 

• LOVE IT! 1

32 minutes ago, cyrus said:

Ardboyz are " still" no longer available in North America webstore, same thing happened with Lord Kroak during Broken Realms : I want to believe!

W0EypEg.jpeg

How do you feel about Ironskull's Boyz? These would probably be what new ardboyz would look like?

I can see how they're a lot better than the existing sculpts. But personally, I still don't like them as much as the other ironjawz stuff. I don't know whether it's the legs, or what. I'd just much prefer they redesigned them. 

ia1h4fvuk1w9P1VC.png

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bigtoof said:

I know right… maybe they squatted the Rogue Idol so they can replace it with something -AWSOME- as our centre piece? 

Yeah they would need a named character and a centerpiece model - because if you wanna play Bonesplitterz now it's just hordes of naked orruks and supporting small heroes. 

4 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

How do you feel about Ironskull's Boyz? These would probably be what new ardboyz would look like?

I can see how they're a lot better than the existing sculpts. But personally, I still don't like them as much as the other ironjawz stuff. I don't know whether it's the legs, or what. I'd just much prefer they redesigned them. 

ia1h4fvuk1w9P1VC.png

They could be like the side orruks on new Maw gruntas

5g54qwY.jpeg

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 2

1 minute ago, cyrus said:

5g54qwY.jpeg

Didnt notice the pig iron masks before, they look amazing, very Ironjawz.

21 minutes ago, Bigtoof said:

I could easily see a wardokk and a rogue idol replacement for dawnbringers! 

6 minutes ago, cyrus said:

5g54qwY.jpeg

That’s just a brute with a (very cool admittedly) mask though. If the background for ardboys is rewritten to just be generic brutes-but-smaller, it’d work.

Otherwise, if they want to keep the current background of comparatively orderly aspirants, the whole 40k stormboys approach, I think Ironskulls Boys are the best we could hope for. Better details, more dynamism, wider variety of textures, and a slightly more scuffed look to somewhat bridge the gap between the cast armour of the regular orks and the beaten plate of the true Ironjaws.

3 hours ago, Doko said:

i dont get the persons that want the old fantasy units deleted of aos,whats their problem? 

I don’t think the old world aspect can be ever deleted from the aos system.

many of the current factions (except the fish-things) are heavily inspired by the old world armies (or space marine faction from the 40k universe) or and are even from that time period (like for example dok).

do I want a skaven refresh?

yes definitely but it will be incredible hard to make miniatures that wouldn’t fit into the old world as well.

I mean just look at the lumineth.

their whole inspiration is basically high elves with just more terrible unfitting helmets, (and certain exception like the cow-thingie)

True the cangoroos on from the ellyrion riders are something new but the inspiration is pretty much there

9 hours ago, sandlemad said:

That’s just a brute with a (very cool admittedly) mask though. If the background for ardboys is rewritten to just be generic brutes-but-smaller, it’d work.

Otherwise, if they want to keep the current background of comparatively orderly aspirants, the whole 40k stormboys approach, I think Ironskulls Boys are the best we could hope for. Better details, more dynamism, wider variety of textures, and a slightly more scuffed look to somewhat bridge the gap between the cast armour of the regular orks and the beaten plate of the true Ironjaws.

I am not sure , side orruks look smaller to me than the brute on top and generally brutes do not wear masks/helms while ardboyz do .

Maw Grunta should be as big as a Stonehorn/Thundertusk!

9wVzQDroje0I3wxV.jpg

6 minutes ago, Segersgia said:

That ain't a brute on the top of that Mawgrunta. That is a Boss at least.

A brute boss maybe but not a mega boss , otherwise it would have been stated in the description:

"The mighty Maw-grunta is a big pig like no other. Dwarfing the Gore-gruntas that the Ironjawz love for their orruk-bearing strength and blind porcine fury, these hulking beasts are a true force of nature. A single Maw-grunta can smash through massed infantry like a like a boar in a china shop, paving the way for a brutal Ardboys charge.*

Covered in the trademark fist-forged armour plates of the Ironjawz, topped with a saddle made of bones, tusks tipped with choppas – these giant hogs are living battering rams with tempers as foul as the nastiest orruk. 

Adding insult to (massive) injury, the Maw-grunta is big enough to have two orruks riding side-saddle, equipped with massive hooked blades for lopping the ’eads off anyone who thinks dodging to the side of this avalanche of fur and iron will keep them safe.**

These colossal war-boars will make their trotter-shaped mark on the new Warhammer Age of Sigmar campaign series Dawnbringers, which follows the Twin-Tailed Crusade as it sets out from Hammerhal to claim lands back in Aqshy and Ghyran. "

• Thanks 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

43 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

Does anyone have a list of models that got released with Broken Realms? Is it 4 new models per Book? Maybe we could guess whats up next.

1. Broken Realms Morathi:
   New rules for Daughter of Khaine, Cities of Sigmar, Stormcast Eternals, Idoneth Deepkin and Slaves to Darkness
   Vs Boxset DoK vs Hedonites of Slaanesh with heroes for each.
   Also smaller boxsets for each of the other factions

2. Broken Realms Teclis:
   New rules for Lumineth Realmlords, Maggotkin of Nurgle, Cities of Sigmar and new battalions for Flesh Eater Courts and     Ossiarch Bonereapers
   Wave 2 of Lumineth and smaller boxsets for each of the other factions

3. Broken Realms Be'lakor:
   New rules for Be'lakor, Nighthaunt, Kharadron Overlords, Seraphon and small updates for Disciples of Tzeentch,
   Fyreslayers and Stormcast
   New model for Be'lakor, Krulghast Cruciator and Gardus Steel Soul
   Smaller boxsets for each of the factions except Stormcast and Fyreslayers

4. Broken Realms Kragnos:
   New rules for Kragnos, Gloomspite Gitz, Sylvaneth, Hedonites of Slaanesh, Cities of Sigmar, Skaven, Beasts of Chaos and     rules for Lord Kroak for Seraphon
   New model for Kragnos, Lord Kroak, Dexcessa/Synessa, Warsong Revenants, Galen and Doralia ven Denst
   Smaller boxsets for Beasts of Chaos, Sylvaneth, Skaven, Slaanesh

Factions without anything (No idea about lore, just looked at rules and models):
Blades of Khorne, Ogor Mawtribes, Orruk Warclans, Sons of Behemat
Warclans got the 3.0 starter and SoB where just released a month before the first book dropped so really the only factions actually sidelined where Khorne and Ogors

Factions without models but with rules in Broken Realms campaign:
Fyreslayers, Idoneth Deepkin, Kharadron Overlords, Beasts of Chaos, Disciples of Tzeentch, Maggotkin of Nurgle, Skaven, Flesh Eater Courts, Ossiarch Bonereapers, Gloomspite Gitz

Soulblight Gravelords were released while the campaign was running but separate from it

So in the end only 10 models and the Lumineth wave directly connected to Broken Realms so less than I thought

Since we already got four new models just with the first book I would expect more from Dawnbringers. Also since the second book back then was released together with the Lumineth wave I could see the second book this time also come with a sizeable Warclans wave. No idea whether that will only be Ironjawz or also Kruleboyz/Bonesplitters

Edited by Matrindur
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

47 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

1. Broken Realms Morathi:
   New rules for Daughter of Khaine, Cities of Sigmar, Stormcast Eternals, Idoneth Deepkin and Slaves to Darkness
   Vs Boxset DoK vs Hedonites of Slaanesh with heroes for each.
   Also smaller boxsets for each of the other factions

2. Broken Realms Teclis:
   New rules for Lumineth Realmlords, Maggotkin of Nurgle, Cities of Sigmar and new battalions for Flesh Eater Courts and     Ossiarch Bonereapers
   Wave 2 of Lumineth and smaller boxsets for each of the other factions

3. Broken Realms Be'lakor:
   New rules for Be'lakor, Nighthaunt, Kharadron Overlords, Seraphon and small updates for Disciples of Tzeentch,
   Fyreslayers and Stormcast
   New model for Be'lakor, Krulghast Cruciator and Gardus Steel Soul
   Smaller boxsets for each of the factions except Stormcast and Fyreslayers

4. Broken Realms Kragnos:
   New rules for Kragnos, Gloomspite Gitz, Sylvaneth, Hedonites of Slaanesh, Cities of Sigmar, Skaven, Beasts of Chaos and     rules for Lord Kroak for Seraphon
   New model for Kragnos, Lord Kroak, Dexcessa/Synessa, Warsong Revenants, Galen and Doralia ven Denst
   Smaller boxsets for Beasts of Chaos, Sylvaneth, Skaven, Slaanesh

Factions without anything (No idea about lore, just looked at rules and models):
Blades of Khorne, Ogor Mawtribes, Orruk Warclans, Sons of Behemat
Warclans got the 3.0 starter and SoB where just released a month before the first book dropped so really the only factions actually sidelined where Khorne and Ogors

Factions without models but with rules in Broken Realms campaign:
Fyreslayers, Idoneth Deepkin, Kharadron Overlords, Beasts of Chaos, Disciples of Tzeentch, Maggotkin of Nurgle, Skaven, Flesh Eater Courts, Ossiarch Bonereapers, Gloomspite Gitz

Soulblight Gravelords were released while the campaign was running but separate from it

So in the end only 10 models and the Lumineth wave directly connected to Broken Realms so less than I thought

Since we already got four new models just with the first book I would expect more from Dawnbringers. Also since the second book back then was released together with the Lumineth wave I could see the second book this time also come with a sizeable Warclans wave. No idea whether that will only be Ironjawz or also Kruleboyz/Bonesplitters

Thanks!

I need to really lower my expectations. Seems like last narrative campaign really focused on big centerpiece models and heroes. Guess we could be seeing some more heroes.

I want the Kroak treatment for the Wurrgog Prophet and make it a named character on a bigger base, let the regular prophets be like the Slann.

Could Kurnothi be the 2nd wave this time?

Edited by Gitzdee

19 hours ago, Doko said:

if they remove fantasy models then these players wont play to aos and aos gonna loose some playerbase.

If they remove all models made and i spired by warhammer fantasy, there would be nothing left for the stormy boys to fight😂.

ah well at least they can have some fish-things for lunch and beat up some swampy green-things and bash with flying heretical dwarfs😂

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

Does anyone have a list of models that got released with Broken Realms? Is it 4 new models per Book? Maybe we could guess whats up next.

From WHfest stream We know that Dawnbringers campaign will bring miniatures for ( at least) 12 factions , so far we have seen:

1)Nurgle: hero

2)Fec : hero

3) Fyreslayers: hero 

4) Gloomspite: hero

5) Ironjawz: behemoth 

so there are at least 7 more factions to cover and at least 7 more models to reveal. 

Some factions could receive maybe 2 kits 

Ironjawz start collecting is "again " no longer available in Europe. ( still available in North America and Aus/Nz )

W2uxso7.jpeg

Edited by cyrus