The Rumour Thread

Spoiler

Adepticon should be rest of Seraphon and some SG stuff warbands

Warhammer Fest will be split into 3 days (Main game system + SGs):
HH with first non-compendium book
AoS with FEC, new Warcry season and the first full CoS miniature
40k with the full 10th reveal

Monthly TOW articles will start ramping up soon with some miniature teasers, aim is to have everything ready for a release in the next 12-18 months (all that's left is mainly production for the initial wave)
Apart from the Spring wave Tomes (Khorne, Hedonites, Soulbight, Ossiarch) the release order should be Seraphon, Flesh Eaters, Cities, and then the new book series in Q4/Q1 with another sizeable wave for Destruction

FEC with Sylvaneth sized release

Now for the main thing you asked

Cities will follow previous new army releases with 10-14 kits
General/Named General
Wizard
Excelsior Warpriest rerelease
Witch Hunter
Veterans/Greatswords
Guards
Gunners/Arbalists
OoA infantry (Flagellants x Warrior Priests)
Ogor Elite/Maneaters
War Altar/War Wagon
Bombard
Outriders/Pistoliers/Knights
Ironweld Upgrades (Kind of like the Cadian one, included in Steam Tank kit to update crew + available separate)

Battletome Cities
Hammerhal
Phoenicium
Misthavn
Greywater Fastness
Tempest's Eye
Excelsis

Subfactions
Freeguild
Ironweld๏ฟผ
Dispossessed
"Aelf Underworld" (Privateers + Darkling remains)
Phoenix Temple

Dispossessed and some aelf stuff planned for the future, Privateers mainly staying to not immediately invalidate last edition's SCs/Dark Rider's precarious position of having to stay in production for DoK Warlocks without having another army to slot into for now.

ย 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

29 minutes ago, Flippy said:

To offer a different perspective on this... I'm personally against the influx ofย big centrepiece models and I find the following ideas ludicrous: army of dinosaurs, army of gargants, army of giant sea turtles & whales, steam tanks, mammoths, dragons, magma-lizards etc.

Big models were supposed to spice up the armies, but bigger is not always better (and beyond certain threshold it is almost always worse), and too much spice can leave some bad taste. Current Kroak is spot-on - big, but acceptable; now I would be very happy if GW can focus on infantry & cavalry (aka the actual army) and not another monstrosity to match Nagash (fail), Archaon (fail), Kragnos (epic fail) or Teclis (fail).

Apologies - when i said army of dinosaurs i meant the lizardmen/seraphon.ย  like the fact they use dinosaurs to support their armies, you would expect them to have some of the larger dinosaur models. Ie. the lore talked about them (again, before age of sigmar era) but they never got models for any of them.ย  im fine with not having them, but then dont mention them or draw them in the art IMHO (ie. like that awesome skink priest riding a couatl in the 7e book)

i dont want an actual army of dinosaurs, but have forgeworld make the Thunder Lizard even if just for collectors/painters (i mainly do painting contests and D&D so big dinosaurs/monsters i get for D&D).ย  Make a plastic dread saurian or an arcanadon or the couatl, etc.ย ย  I always thought the bastiladon looked kinda poor.ย ย  not saurus knights bad at least.

its probably just me being old. i like that image of massive saurus legions, flanked with stegadons, skinks scampering all over and would just like another, newer, big dino to be added every decade or so :P

but, im also planning to redo the few liz i have, for TOW (and buy the new models and find a way to make them work)

SF

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Empirian23 said:
ย  Reveal hidden contents

Monthly TOW articles will start ramping up soon with some miniature teasers, aim is to have everything ready for a release in the next 12-18 months (all that's left is mainly production for the initial wave)
Apart from the Spring wave Tomes (Khorne, Hedonites, Soulbight, Ossiarch) the release order should be Seraphon, Flesh Eaters, Cities, and then the new book series in Q4/Q1 with another sizeable wave for Destruction

General/Named General
Wizard
Witch Hunter
Veterans/Greatswords
Guards
Gunners/Arbalists
Ogor Elite/Maneaters
War Altar/War Wagon
Bombard
Ironweld Upgrades (Kind of like the Cadian one, included in Steam Tank kit to update crew + available separate)

Battletome Cities
Hammerhal
Phoenicium
Misthavn
Greywater Fastness
Tempest's Eye
Excelsis

Subfactions
Freeguild
Ironweld๏ฟผ
Dispossessed
Phoenix Temple

Dispossessed and some aelf stuff planned for the future, Privateers mainly staying to not immediately invalidate last edition's SCs/Dark Rider's precarious position of having to stay in production for DoK Warlocks without having another army to slot into for now.

ย 

Another throwaway account, another list...

Seems a bit similar to the last one, but damn would this be good.

Edited by Asbestress
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I agree on this statement mate. I was all hype at announcement of the mini but the longer I looked at it the less excited I became. Brodd deserved his own mini and its a shame that he didnt recieve one. Its a beautiful mini though!!

As i just mentioned in my other reply, i mainly paint/contests and play D&D.ย  so larger monsters, dragons, demons, dinos, giants, etc fit well for my D&D games. So i care more about the showpieces.ย  Rank and file. ya whatever. just dont saurus knight them and make them look bad.ย 

Brodd made me sad. i let the hype get to me and i really believed a warhound or reaver titan sized plastic set would come for him and it didnt :(

my fault for expectations.

SF

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Captaniser said:

So Valrak has confirmed that he gets sent material from inside GW, not just rumors. His latest Tarot video has been uploaded before GW posted theirs.ย 

GW posts those videos at 16.00 GMT, they haven't today, and Valrak uploaded his reaction video a few minutes ago. While they don't take long to make those videos, his video is released within a time window of plausible deniability.

Are you sure? I watched the video on the community site around 14:00 today.ย 

11 minutes ago, StarFyreXXX said:

I always thought the bastiladon looked kinda poor.

It probably says a lot that I find bastiladon the best of three - and that is exactly because of how restrained the design is. I would not like him to become bigger.

16 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

Another throwaway account, another list...

Seems a bit similar to the last one, but damn would this be good.

Cities list sounds plausible, although the Excelsior Warpriest might not fit into the more "grimdark medieval" style they got going on (might just be the bright studio paintjob though).

Also, War Wagon? Like, wagon with guns? Swordsmen? Cannons?

And OoA (Order of Azyr?) Warriors mixing flagellants and priests in aesthetic (maybe more armoured fanatics?) would be amazing!Cannons?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Flippy said:

It probably says a lot that I find bastiladon the best of three - and that is exactly because of how restrained the design is. I would not like him to become bigger.

the look though is not due to size.ย  the actual design- not a fan of the head design. i love the ark of sotek or whatever its called now

SF

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

@Empirian23ย sate my thirst for Seraphon rumors and let me know what is getting revealed at Adepticon.ย 

He doesn't know what's coming, his "rumors" of forthcoming Cities units is just a list of generic WFB Empire units.

99% of the time, when someone posts a rumor of forthcoming units, but uses generic names for them like "wizard" and "general", he's just wishlisting.ย 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Empirian23 said:
ย  Reveal hidden contents

General/Named General
Wizard
Witch Hunter
Veterans/Greatswords
Guards
Gunners/Arbalists
Ogor Elite/Maneaters
War Altar/War Wagon
Bombard

Battletome Cities
Hammerhal
Phoenicium
Misthavn
Greywater Fastness
Tempest's Eye
Excelsis

Subfactions
Freeguild
Ironweld๏ฟผ
Dispossessed
Phoenix Temple

ย 

Everything seems plausible based off what we know and what would make sense to be released.ย 

I'll love to see a reimagining of the old war wagon.ย 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lord Kroak said:

He doesn't know what's coming, his "rumors" of forthcoming Cities units is just a list of generic WFB Empire units.

99% of the time, when someone posts a rumor of forthcoming units, but uses generic names for them like "wizard" and "general", he's just wishlisting.ย 

While I have to agree that this seems a bit too plausible and based on preexisting info, coming up with unit names like "Collegiate Arcanist", "Freeguild Steelguard Veterans" or "Freeguild High-Generaltor" requires basically the same amount of effort as just using generic names if we are talking about faking rumours.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

While I have to agree that this seems a bit too plausible and based on preexisting info, coming up with unit names like "Collegiate Arcanist", "Freeguild Steelguard Veterans" or "Freeguild High-Generaltor" requires basically the same amount of effort as just using generic names if we are talking about faking rumours.

It's not a matter of effort or creativity, it's about making claims vague enough that they're more likely to fit whatever units are actually released (the Barnum effect).

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

I agree.

Too plausible with a kits list that's a little too generic and a little too detailed so long before its release... At least it would fit with the fact that the COS would be released at the end of the 3rd edition. And FEC before ? What slot would remain for COS before the end of the year, even for an army set ?

Yeah Iโ€™m with the disbelievers on this. Sounds too by the numbers when AOS loves to surprise people with out-of-the-blue stuff like cow aelves & vampire-centaurs.

That we have both gargoyle fanatics and a weird wheel cult(with teased icons) that doesnโ€™t like vehicles rolling around already puts up some interestingly weird design ideas.

Things I feel are shooting his โ€œleaksโ€ are:

Excelsior priest coming back: thatโ€™s been a long time wishlist and the other fitting heroes & villains never made it out of the Silver Tower like the Eshin Deathrunner who wouldโ€™ve been perfect with the other Eshin releases.

saying that TOW is starting production phase but it needs another year for it when that can take up to 3 years, plus the โ€œnews coming monthlyโ€ thing. Iโ€™m convinced they just shot out that TK article to wash down the rage the first article caused by basically telling them โ€œYour world 100% dies and itโ€™s mainly Empire Horus Heresy, get over it.โ€

And lastly the battletome cities: we know from the new Skaven lore that Tempestfall got literally ripped in half with a surprise Skryre air fleet invasion that nuked the city into two parts(mountainside & parts floating in the aether) so itโ€™s likely not like the old city selections but instead focusing on cities across each Realm thus why Vindicarum & Lethis have been getting more attention(Vindicarum likely to replace Tempestfall as the Kharadron coalition city)

ย 

Edited by Baron Klatz

I love the rumor.ย  Just what the thread is for!

I do not, however, believe it.ย  It definitely sounds like someone just sat down and made up a list.ย  Also, that list has pretty much only wanderers getting bretton'd (which being realistic, I'm pretty sure more than that will be lost). Also the city list doesn't make a ton of sense to me.ย  It's really a stretch for me to believe they'd remove Living City, specifically.

• Like 2

Yeah, very odd picks.

Like Iโ€™m thinking if anything the AoS3 Corebook specifically pointing out the new strongholds would/will be the way to goย 

โ€œThe Seven Great Fortress-Cities
Foremost amongst the Free Cities of Sigmar's Empire, outshining even the Seeds of Hope and cities of the Great Parch, are the Seven Fortress-Cities that serve as the capitals of the Sigmarite nations within each of the Mortal Realms, except for the Realm of Azyr wherein the Eternal City of Azyrheim is supreme.

These seven great cities are Hammerhal Aqsha, the Bright City in the Realm of Aqshy,

Hammerhal Ghyra, the Verdant City in the Realm of Ghyran,

Excelsis, the City of Secrets in the Realm of Ghur,

Vindicarum, the Bulwark of Faith in the Realm of Chamon,

Lethis, the City of Bleak Ravens in the Realm of Shyish,

Misthรฅvn, City of Scoundrels in the Realm of Ulgu,

and Settler's Gain, the Enlightened City in the Realm of Hysh.โ€

The Dawncrusades are literally being launched from these capitals so theyโ€™re likely the change(if anything you know Settlerโ€™s Gain is staying for that Lumineth tie-in and how often it gets stories around)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Empirian23 said:
ย  Hide contents

General/Named General
Wizard
Witch Hunter
Veterans/Greatswords
Guards
Gunners/Arbalists
Ogor Elite/Maneaters
War Altar/War Wagon
Bombard

Battletome Cities
Hammerhal
Phoenicium
Misthavn
Greywater Fastness
Tempest's Eye
Excelsis

Subfactions
Freeguild
Ironweld๏ฟผ
Dispossessed
Phoenix Temple

ย 

"Sizeable Destruction Wave" this is clearly just wishlisting, the last time we had rumors for a big destruction release we got BR:Kragnos, with months of narrative buildup ending in one new model (Kragnos) and reprinted Gitz rules (the best part of which were the battalions lol), leaving pretty much the entirety of the destruction grand alliance with absolutely nothing from broken realms (something they shared only with khorne and skaven IIRC).

It was almost believable when you mentioned ogors would get new models through dawnbringers, but you really showed your hand by mentioning destruction would get anything.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I know I am biased but I definitely doubt it based on the vagueness of the releases that are almost at hand. No info about the remaining Seraphon kits, nothing about a new GHB, new Seasons of War book.ย 

I'm hopeful that CoS gets released this year and has a great wave but this list has me skeptical at best.ย 

30 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

"Sizeable Destruction Wave" this is clearly just wishlisting, the last time we had rumors for a big destruction release we got BR:Kragnos, with months of narrative buildup ending in one new model (Kragnos) and reprinted Gitz rules (the best part of which were the battalions lol), leaving pretty much the entirety of the destruction grand alliance with absolutely nothing from broken realms (something they shared only with khorne and skaven IIRC).

It was almost believable when you mentioned ogors would get new models through dawnbringers, but you really showed your hand by mentioning destruction would get anything.

Yeah when I saw that I immediately decided it was fake. We have had all the Destro books, so a wave of it seems unlikely in the extreme.

At best I imagine Destruction getting something for Broken Realms/Wrath of the Everchosen 2.0 when we shift over to AoS4 but itโ€™ll be a few releases mixed with others(like Beastmen leakers are still saying just havenโ€™t released yet but are in the pipeline).

But who knows? Could get a surprise Destruction supplement release for new Bonesplitterz or even Silent People finally showing up for a AoS3 finale. Fingers crossed something good but definitely holding expectations in reserve for now.

Edit: oh yeah, anyone see the new UnderWorlds Gnarlwood cards yet? Love the pet angle the new beast deck has.

image0.jpg
image1.jpg

image2.jpg
(I hope the next Bonesplitterz update gives them ghost hogs like this. Their lore is very heavy on boar companions)

image.jpeg.66f9725ef74d10c510eafd0aff4b516f.jpeg
image.jpeg.e7cb7cf54955a997cff4c3a872d8e163.jpeg
image.jpeg.59218f14561083dbd8e94add359605f2.jpeg

image.jpeg.28abca011bd32d8566fda8e2ae6118f9.jpeg
image.jpeg.5539dc4c420e983ac27bf763fbb3bf8d.jpeg
image.jpeg.3fef7d11ee5c9a173c28adad1574472c.jpeg

image.jpeg.7d8391b3c8117b8e8f6d5a24cc286d65.jpeg
image.jpeg.c3ea9ef22620415de7df223859ed773f.jpeg
image.jpeg.a9c97fc8d82c7a93eae2770e6fc998c5.jpeg

ย 

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 5