The Rumour Thread

It's curious though that the next Kill Team box potentially comes out before Warcry's.

Heart of Ghur was released in early August and Into the Dark in early September. If Shadowvault comes out in November, or even in October (but I don't believe it) what place does that leave for Sundered Fate ?

16 minutes ago, Draznak said:

It's curious though that the next Kill Team box potentially comes out before Warcry's.

Heart of Ghur was released in early August and Into the Dark in early September. If Shadowvault comes out in November, or even in October (but I don't believe it) what place does that leave for Sundered Fate ?

Im guessing late November. Its GW after all so its still within the 'Window' of releases. 

We might start seeing minis for New Model Monday at the beginning of November with STD other leaked models taking up the time between now and then with the usual Necromunda.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Draznak said:

I'm expecting to see both boxes in November. The previous boxes launched within a month of each other last time. I'm also expecting to see the warcry box first. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

We might start seeing minis for New Model Monday at the beginning of November with STD other leaked models taking up the time between now and then with the usual Necromunda.

For StD it remains to see officially the chaos warriors kit and Chaos lords on foot and mounted. Unless the leaks kept us one last surprise...

9 minutes ago, Chikout said:

I'm expecting to see both boxes in November. The previous boxes launched within a month of each other last time. I'm also expecting to see the warcry box first. 

I hope that the monday reveal will switch to Warcry in one to two weeks ! If Necromunda is willing to give us space (I feel like there's an endless ocean of minis for Necro ^^)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

This is the defining moment of the Edition!! Era of the Beast has been building up to Beasts of Chaos getting a refresh!! And if they dont....? Then Era of the Beast has only Seraphon and Gitz left and if they also dont get refreshes then Era of the Beasts needed to wait a few Editions.

What (if any) rumours have we had about anything at all upcoming for Beasts of Chaos?

1 hour ago, Draznak said:

For StD it remains to see officially the chaos warriors kit and Chaos lords on foot and mounted. Unless the leaks kept us one last surprise...

I hope that the monday reveal will switch to Warcry in one to two weeks ! If Necromunda is willing to give us space (I feel like there's an endless ocean of minis for Necro ^^)

Necromunda must have had more releases than AOS this year!!

7 minutes ago, EntMan said:

What (if any) rumours have we had about anything at all upcoming for Beasts of Chaos?

Absolutely none.

41 minutes ago, EntMan said:

I know a lot of BoC players who are convinced of a new chimera model but I don’t think it’s based on any product teasers or leaks, just speculation and desperation.

While GW hints at some stuff and there are leaks that come out, they usually do a good job once a year surprising the community with something no one saw coming. OBR was this way and Kruleboyz were this way until Grimdark blew their spot up. Could even make the case Giants were a surprise to what rumors were out at that time. 

I think they have something hidden up their sleeve. I’m just hoping it wasn’t the upcoming  S2D release. I’m fearful it is since it was scheduled to be released around the holidays. Their previous big surprise releases drop in late spring for the summer or the fall for the holidays. I know I saw a spending report once that said their sales are always highest for holidays (December to January) and summer (July - August) which makes sense. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, petitionercity said:

What are the rumours around this year's Christmas boxes? I remember people discussing this, but I can't find them 

If you refer to the rumor coming from Reddit, it was denied by its author himself (the goal was to show how people easily believe fabricated rumors). So there is no info yet on this winter's battleforces.

• Sad 1

Just now, Tendeadgods said:

```Lightning Reactions stays
Aetherquartz lost casting an extra spell but is otherwise the same

Command Traits
Mostly mediocre
1 can allow a unit of stoneguard to be 3W each

Artefacts
Old artefacts plus the old subfaction ones

Spell lores
Lore of Hysh lost lambent light but gained Overwhelming Heat
Temple lores are only 3 spells now
Wind - Turn off CAs, heal, teleport
Mountain - Stoneguard do MWs on 5+, crippling vertigo, bad damage spell

Nations
Ymetrica - Ignore up to -2 rend for alarith
Syar - Start with 2 AQ
Illiatha - Count as 2 on objectives with Vanari
Zaitrec - +1 to casts and unbinds
Alumnia - Vanari units will always run at least 3"
Helon - +1 attack when shooting something within 6"```

```Teclis mostly unchanged

banner hero gives 18" run+charge aura
calligrave warscroll spell adds effect to enemy hero: take 1 MW for each non-MW taken
cathallar unchanged and cheaper
regent damage 2 with sword
Eltharion does 3 damage with both swords

ballista does 3 damage against monsters

bladelords perfect strike is a 2+ for a MW
flurry of blows works like vanquishers and has sunmetal now. Regent can improve to 5+

sentinels range is 24 but becomes 30 if near ballista

stoneguard deal 1 MW in addition on 6 to hit
Avalenor rend -2 for hammers

Allies: Stormcast, Deepkin, Sylvaneth, Cities
```found this on Facebook not sure if it's been shared yet

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, EntMan said:

Didn't think so. Doesn't give me hope for any range refresh. Cut and paste 3.0 tome on the way ☹️

I feel like they have released so many single mini Factions already and that BOC are in such dire need of updating that it would be such a disservice to leave them.

Ogors, Skaven and Seraphon have such old models and 2 of those Factions only got a single mini.

Fyreslayers and Idoneth both need more models and again single minis.

Seraphon and BOC are the last 2 Factions that are in desperate need of updating this Edition, if either or both dont get supported I dont know what to think.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I feel like they have released so many single mini Factions already and that BOC are in such dire need of updating that it would be such a disservice to leave them.

Ogors, Skaven and Seraphon have such old models and 2 of those Factions only got a single mini.

Fyreslayers and Idoneth both need more models and again single minis.

Seraphon and BOC are the last 2 Factions that are in desperate need of updating this Edition, if either or both dont get supported I dont know what to think.

I mean we know Seraphon are getting something via Warcry at least so there's that.

If you follow the trend of Broken realms armies who got models from BR Belekor and Kragnos. Seraphon have a better chance of getting models like Sylvaneth, slaves, and Nighthaunt did. Since they got Kroak and it may have been related with a batch of other models not release yet.

can’t say the same for Beast though and they probably be in minimum one hero release like other armies gotten in this edition

• LOVE IT! 1

59 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

That GW are bias on which army get model support, or that army inequality exist among their game system?

Ten year in the hobby and that pretty on par with the usual operation. Though some army do eventually get  their time in the sun like Necron, it rare for them to consistently get it and can take forever for it to happen again.

28 minutes ago, novakai said:

If you follow the trend of Broken realms armies who got models from BR Belekor and Kragnos. Seraphon have a better chance of getting models like Sylvaneth, slaves, and Nighthaunt did. Since they got Kroak and it may have been related with a batch of other models not release yet.

can’t say the same for Beast though and they probably be in minimum one hero release like other armies gotten in this edition

I think we'll get some confirmation for Seraphon based on what comes in the next Warcry Set. If all of the Seraphon Rumor Engines are solved from it, then probably won't see a lot. 

I'm hopeful that Seraphon will get the same treatment as Sylvaneth and Nighthaunt. 1-2 new units and 1-2 heroes would blow me away. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, EntMan said:

They said they'd be tweaking them in the latest meta watch, (which sounded like nerfs). But I assumed that was going to be a warscroll update. They're not on the release road map, so would be surprised if they get a new book soon

Edited by Jagged Red Lines

5 hours ago, novakai said:

That GW are bias on which army get model support, or that army inequality exist among their game system?

Ten year in the hobby and that pretty on par with the usual operation. Though some army do eventually get  their time in the sun like Necron, it rare for them to consistently get it and can take forever for it to happen again.

After more than 20 years in the hobby it seems that GW still be's being GW.

BOC, Seraphon and Mawtribes have most of their models between 16-20 years old. Skaven even farther back still.

What was the last set of endless spells and faction terrain released? Kinds seems like faction terrain was a bit of an experiment that may not keep going. I'd definitely take more generic terrain though, please. Or bring some of the mia kits back. 

Edited by Vasshpit