The Rumour Thread

25 minutes ago, Goatforce said:

Looks like Sons of Behemat!

4 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Definitely either Sons or Ogors surely! Too big to be Orruks?

Finger and big toes crossed @KingBrodd!

KING BRODD IS COMING PEOPLE THIS IS NOT A DRILL!! THIS IS GOING TO BE AN ALL NEW KIT!! KRAKEN EATER HAS SANDLES AND GATEBREAKER AND WARSTOMPER HAVE 4 TOES!!

ALLLLLLNEWWWWWGAAAAARGAAAANT!!

• Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 3

7 hours ago, cyrus said:

It doesn't say but we had 4 battlebox so far for 8 battletomes if we include fyreslayers vs idoneth : it is very likely that the 2 next battletomes come along with a battlebox.

Slaves to darkness bt cover is clearly a special edition type that you can find only in a army box set ( i.e. Lumineth)

Sure but one of the next tome is still probably Sons, if Sons ability to be in a battlebox or not is irrelevant to what next in the schedule.

edit oh saw the teaser

While it's nice to have my 90% belief turned into 100%, I think everyone is reading a bit to much into this art. It's a bare foot because it makes for a better footptint. It's doesn't mean we are getting a whole new kit. 

The accidental rumour engine suggests we are getting a new version of the mega. 2033748365_images(5).jpeg.049d97a2de27568800fab03df9bebced.jpeg

This is the same piece from the current kit but painted slightly differently than the version we have. 

7 minutes ago, novakai said:

I think the RE creepers are also suppose to be related to Sons, the old tome had an excerpt in the pitch profile on a Megagargant that befriended small creature in a cave. (If I am right, sorry to those who thought it belong to a new shaggoth kit lol)

You are right and it is a Mega Gargant of an unknown tribe

45 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

KING BRODD IS COMING PEOPLE THIS IS NOT A DRILL!! THIS IS GOING TO BE AN ALL NEW KIT!! KRAKEN EATER HAS SANDLES AND GATEBREAKER AND WARSTOMPER HAVE 4 TOES!!

Don't Mega-gargants have FOUR toes? ---Checks Pictures online-- Hmm Warstompers have 4 toes, Krakeneaters have 3. SO It can definitely be a Mega Gargant. For a moment there I thought GW was trolling King Brodd, and this reveal was going to be related to those pesky rumor engine threads with the tiny 3 fingered/toes creatures. 

• LOVE IT! 1

WRT the std tome release, I wouldn't at all be surprised if they get paired with OBR, Death's due a book, OBR have the oldest white dwarf update of death factions, and its a good way to follow up on wrath of the everchosen. Seems like a slam dunk.

44 minutes ago, The Brotherhood of Necros said:

Do Megas only have three toes? 

Others pointed out the krakeneater, but one of the mancrusher options also only has 3 toes.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

How exciting. So ready for a big new Character Kit for AoS. 

0A212AB0-7B1F-4137-A94B-E82EEF29CE3B.gif

• LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

Congratulations @KingBrodd! of course this means that we'll expect a painted version of your new self to be posted on here once the kit comes out. 

37 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

WRT the std tome release, I wouldn't at all be surprised if they get paired with OBR, Death's due a book, OBR have the oldest white dwarf update of death factions, and its a good way to follow up on wrath of the everchosen. Seems like a slam dunk.

Others pointed out the krakeneater, but one of the mancrusher options also only has 3 toes.

Of all the factions to be updated, I hope OBR are the second to last. I don't have any good reason for this, but I just wish that we'd focus more on the "proper" undead/mortals of the grand alliance of death. I'd love to see some new ghouls for FEC, and updated Graveyard kit, and (of course) the return of certain units from LONG LOST NEHEKHARA!!! like the Ushabti and Necrosphinx. If the Cities of Sigmar can keep pretty much all the 8th edition kits, why can't the Tomb Kings live on? I know GW still has the moulds....

• LOVE IT! 1

5 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Congratulations @KingBrodd! of course this means that we'll expect a painted version of your new self to be posted on here once the kit comes out. 

Of all the factions to be updated, I hope OBR are the second to last. I don't have any good reason for this, but I just wish that we'd focus more on the "proper" undead/mortals of the grand alliance of death. I'd love to see some new ghouls for FEC, and updated Graveyard kit, and (of course) the return of certain units from LONG LOST NEHEKHARA!!! like the Ushabti and Necrosphinx. If the Cities of Sigmar can keep pretty much all the 8th edition kits, why can't the Tomb Kings live on? I know GW still has the moulds....

Obr wouldn't be getting new kits, just a book and a hero. We know StD are getting some new models, so if it gets paired with something they probably won't get anything except maybe a small hero.

Assuming they are also getting an armybox, Slaves are not likely to be in a battle box with another army.

however there is a possibility of their being another battletome in Winter beside Slaves as it probably will not take up the whole quarter and GW keen on keeping the battletome train rolling. The roadmap in winter may not exactly be showing the whole picture.

Edited by novakai
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Ahh dreams! Its what we all cling to. I'm glad Brodd's is finally comming true, though the SoB are relatively new and don't need a refresh like some of the older lines. 

Ogors need a line refresh. They are old and showing their age, and destruction needs some love. Flesh eater courts also needs some revisits, perhaps a new unit or two that aren't characters. Fyreslayers need to die and the concept be reforged from the ground up. SEraphon and Cities of Sigmar need help, but that is mitigated by the sheer variety of old models that can be drawn on for their armies, so it doesn't feel as urgent. 

And then there's ironjaws. For years I wished for some additions to their line, and instead I got Kruelboys, the orks no one asked for (and made bonesplitters cry).

Oh and I forgot about Beasts of Chaos...haven't GW discontinued them yet? When was the last time they saw a new model? THey got the Herdstone back in 2nd edition, but I think all thier models are still from the old world pre AoS.    🤪 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Goatforce said:

Looks like Sons of Behemat!

I noticed all the crushed bits are chaos related. Slaves to Darkness vs Sons of Behemet Battle Box? With a new Gargant hero inside? I hope I'm wrong, but the "new models locked in a battlebox" seems to be the modus operandi these days for GW. 

2 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

And then there's ironjaws. For years I wished for some additions to their line, and instead I got Kruelboys, the orks no one asked for (and made bonesplitters cry).

I adore this range with all my widdle destro heart. That being said, they could have just made them ironjawz with the old classic look BUT im glad they didnt because they are by far my favorite looking orcs. Hell I cant even look at the classic high fantasy GW orruks the same any more. I reeeellly dig the more realistic approach. The artist(s) behind them did a orcsome job indeed!!

Only complaint is that Id of like to have seen them become the "new" orc & goblins. You can see them across the line then they threw in hobgrots. I do like them as well but if they'd of been grots like on the sloggoth, killbow, and hero companions... oh boy, so much weeeeeeee!!!!

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

11 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

I adore this range with all my widdle destro heart. That being said, they could have just made them ironjawz with the old classic look BUT im glad they didnt because they are by far my favorite looking orcs. Hell I cant even look at the classic high fantasy GW orruks the same any more. I reeeellly dig the more realistic approach. The artist(s) behind them did a orcsome job indeed!!

Only complaint is that Id of like to have seen them become the "new" orc & goblins. You can see them across the line then they threw in hobgrots. I do like them as well but if they'd of been grots like on the sloggoth, killbow, and hero companions... oh boy, so much weeeeeeee!!!!

I do think the Kruelboys are nice looking sculpts. But we already had two Ork factions out there that needed an update (bonesplitters) or an expansion (Ironjawz). Introducing Kreulboyz and smashing them together with the older orks was jsut a stopgap measure and tells me GW has no plans to really support or expand their older armies (as long as people are willing to buy new ones).

That said... I'm happy that the "Greenskinz" faction is basically back. I dislike GW carving out  tiny subfaction armies. Now if only the Gitmobs will come back as the technologic scavengers we call the Skygrots, and give me some siege weaponry for my greenskinz army!. Shoot, Hobgrots could be expanded into the Skygrots, why not?

Locally we've been toying with the idea of scrapping the entire faction system, and allow allies up to 50% of your army from anywhere in your grand alliance. You'd only get your normally faction benefits for your core army (ironjawz, gloomspite, etc) but the rest of the allied forces could still participate above that 400 pts/ 1 in 4 level we have for allies now. I'll let you all know how it goes.  

• Like 1