The Rumour Thread

4 hours ago, novakai said:

the New DoK book was mostly to bring it in line with 3.0 standard (everything that use to be rerolling dice is now a straight +1), though the biggest thing for them was more internal balance among the subfractions (Hag Nar was finally not a paragraph worth of abilities that overshadow the other 5 subfactions) and making the Avatar of Khaine more useable.

Thanks, that creates a slightly more involved update, but still one that could be included in a campaign book... but of course I think we all know Games Workshop would much rather sell multiple books and not aim for the more consumer friendly option. 

4 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

This is the first time Im actively hyped for Warcry. There is so much opportunity for Destruction and Seraphon!!

Im thinking all Big Ladz with Ogor Mawtribes and Sons of Behemat!!

To be fair the Sons would be over 2 years old at this point if not for Covid. 

I meant the AoS stuff shown has now been released (well on Saturday). 

Let's see if we can fill up 12 weeks worth of releases. 

CSM

Paints 

Warcry 

Q3 Underworlds stuff

Individual kronespite and scenery 

Sylvaneth vanguard box that's been spotted. 

Next battlebox for AoS

LOTR War in the North stuff

Black library models 

Imperial guard 

IA custodes 

More HH stuff 

Skaven assassin needs a individual release 

Then there is titanicus and bloodbowl which I can't remember if there is anything coming. 

So there is loads there but is AoS light. 

I think autumn will be AoS time with 4 battletomes and would be the half way mark between seasons of war so perfect time to release a campaign book. 

1 hour ago, Ogregut said:

I meant the AoS stuff shown has now been released (well on Saturday). 

Let's see if we can fill up 12 weeks worth of releases. 

CSM

Paints 

Warcry 

Q3 Underworlds stuff

Individual kronespite and scenery 

Sylvaneth vanguard box that's been spotted. 

Next battlebox for AoS

LOTR War in the North stuff

Black library models 

Imperial guard 

IA custodes 

More HH stuff 

Skaven assassin needs a individual release 

Then there is titanicus and bloodbowl which I can't remember if there is anything coming. 

So there is loads there but is AoS light. 

I think autumn will be AoS time with 4 battletomes and would be the half way mark between seasons of war so perfect time to release a campaign book. 

I think the Fall will be the Battletomes and one hero models for the armies that get one. 

We already know new lumineth hero with Battletome 

We assume Tzeentch is right behind that or even with it in a battle box. The assumption is a new Curseling mortal model. To help buff mortal side of Tzeentch. 

Then two destruction Battletomes: Which two is the big mystery.

Either way it appears that SOB is getting an update sprue or new kit with another gargant. The rumor images of those little goblins in a beard and on a wall seems to be tied into a new Gargant. 

Gitz has been rumored to be getting new spider hero kit. Would love for them to update all the spider kits, as that is the really only stuff that people use that is outdated. 

Ogres will get a butcher update most likely, but I can’t see them getting much outside of that. 

If we don’t see ogres or gitz this fall, then I’ll assume they are getting a bit larger of an update than just one hero. 

My personal guess 

Lumineth, Tzeentch 

Ogres vs Gitz

Then winter will be new Sons kit and book.

Slaves with their large update. 

Spring will be death with Soulblight and OBR

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Jetlife said:

I think the Fall will be the Battletomes and one hero models for the armies that get one. 

We already know new lumineth hero with Battletome 

We assume Tzeentch is right behind that or even with it in a battle box. The assumption is a new Curseling mortal model. To help buff mortal side of Tzeentch. 

Then two destruction Battletomes: Which two is the big mystery.

Either way it appears that SOB is getting an update sprue or new kit with another gargant. The rumor images of those little goblins in a beard and on a wall seems to be tied into a new Gargant. 

Gitz has been rumored to be getting new spider hero kit. Would love for them to update all the spider kits, as that is the really only stuff that people use that is outdated. 

Ogres will get a butcher update most likely, but I can’t see them getting much outside of that. 

If we don’t see ogres or gitz this fall, then I’ll assume they are getting a bit larger of an update than just one hero. 

My personal guess 

Lumineth, Tzeentch 

Ogres vs Gitz

Then winter will be new Sons kit and book.

Slaves with their large update. 

Spring will be death with Soulblight and OBR

I am so beyond hyped for a new Mega Gargant kit!! Its technically a big update for the Faction but I will admit Ill be dissapointed if 3/4 of the Alliance only got a single model update for Era of the Beast.

That being said Mawtribes need that Butcher updated so badly and I cannot wait to see what it will look like!!

Spider Rider Cheiftan could also look epic with updated designs and cues from the Arachnarok it could be the best mini in the range!! It would also be amazing to do the Spider Riders but I think theyll leave them for now.

Personally and selfishly I just want more Troggoths for Gloomspite and seeing how popular they are on Reddit and Socal Media I could see more coming down the line definately.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

Reforged Season 2 Episode 1.

Could this dog like creature be the one or of its species featured in the artwork for Underworlds? 

Also Mole People!? New Destruction Faction confirmed.

RNbJpkOAb5zXUaW5-665x668.jpg

also maybe CoS Witchhunter Warband tease?! 🤩

Edited by FireAbend
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

Reforged Season 2 Episode 1.

Could this dog like creature be the one or of its species featured in the artwork for Underworlds? 

RNbJpkOAb5zXUaW5-665x668.jpg

The true star here is the Mustori:

20D9F11A-F34B-4A2F-8B8B-CBF28060B372.png

Give us them as new models, GW. Your public is waiting.

We promise to be responsible and not let the Tauralons play too rough with our beloved celestial ferrets!

“Tauralons hail from the Aetheric Void, where they prey upon magic-eating void-shoals that also reside in the Void. Entire flocks have taken to roosting upon the Sigmarabulum.

They chase passing meteorites and shooting stars for sport, headbutting them between one another. Though if they find a more interesting target, such as Mustori and astral projections of Lord-Arcanums, they will knock the meteorites toward them. Lord-Arcanums that survive this game with their spirit intact and join in by sending the meteors right back again can win the respect of these beasts, this is often the method used by Lord-Arcanums to convince Tauralons to become their mounts”

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

That perked my ears up for sure! it could easily be a riff off the hyper-paranoia of Witch Hunters (irl mole people conspiracy + in universe "skaven aren't real"), there could very easily be mole people in the Mortal Realms. I would not think they'd be corrupted or Chaos-aligned though... they just love diggin!

Can confirm mole people can't be Silent People: "Moles do communicate and 'chatter' with each other through chirps, snorts, guttural noises, and high-pitched squeals. Some mole species also are known to wheeze."

Seems likely this is GW winking at us about the WH warband. The guy is more 'traditional' WH aesthetic with a trusty dog, and the girl has a new WH aesthetic with a Mustori. Doesn't look like she's got aelf ears either, so I'd bet even more she's an AOSified WH.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

As much as the butcher model does need upgrading… I’m also gonna be a little disappointed if that’s all we get, skaven style, just because. Well… so many of us have made great kitbashed butchers and I sort of love that about our army culture lmao

ogors players have done so much kitbashing on the whole thanks to the fact our model torsos and legs are so interchangeable. I kind of hope that stays, somewhat.

1 hour ago, FireAbend said:

also maybe CoS Witchhunter Warband tease?! 🤩

Our Underworlds Rumour Monger said theyre coming!!

10 minutes ago, Sahrial said:

As much as the butcher model does need upgrading… I’m also gonna be a little disappointed if that’s all we get, skaven style, just because. Well… so many of us have made great kitbashed butchers and I sort of love that about our army culture lmao

ogors players have done so much kitbashing on the whole thanks to the fact our model torsos and legs are so interchangeable. I kind of hope that stays, somewhat.

In 7 years of AOS so far Ogors have only recieved the Tyrant for mainline AOS, I really wish they would have a massive refresh.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Plinketts Mawtribes said:

At this point, I'd kill just to know for sure a new book is coming. I'll put up with the old models if they get good rules.

Its a 50/50 toss up between Gitz and Ogors but the original rumours before any road map were that we were having Ogor Summer, so Ogors are the best bet at this point alongside the Sons.

9 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Personally and selfishly I just want more Troggoths for Gloomspite and seeing how popular they are on Reddit and Socal Media I could see more coming down the line definately.

I totally agree. I just for fun got a pack of the rockguts and it’s by far one of the best kits they have out with the amount of customization you can do. It’s got me thinking of building a full 2000 point troll list !!

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

1 hour ago, Sahrial said:

To me if they are going to update models for ogors then the whole line needs a refresh, Soulblight style. Give them a more amoured aesthetic like the tyrant and cursed city one. I don’t think that is happening. Most are plastic already, so I’ll assume new Butcher and rules only. 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

48 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Its a 50/50 toss up between Gitz and Ogors but the original rumours before any road map were that we were having Ogor Summer, so Ogors are the best bet at this point alpngside the Sons.

Yes, and that same rumor talked about gitz in winter with S2D, so that would check out based upon your hypothesis 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Jetlife said:

I totally agree. I just for fun got a pack of the rockguts and it’s by far one of the best kits they have out with the amount of customization you can do. It’s got me thinking of building a full 2000 point troll list !!

Im in the same boat mate!! Ive yet to buy my Troggoths but Im already planning a massive Troggherd led by a Converted Mirebrute!!

8 minutes ago, Jetlife said:

To me if they are going to update models for ogors then the whole line needs a refresh, Soulblight style. Give them a more amoured aesthetic like the tyrant and cursed city one. I don’t think that is happening. Most are plastic already, so I’ll assume new Butcher and rules only. 

Absolutely mate. The entire range still have rank and file posing and for a beast thats supposed to be so large they arent very intimidating with their arms tucked in. We need dynamic posing on the Gluttons and Ironguts at least, Leadbelchers are fine as they are.

7 minutes ago, Jetlife said:

Yes, and that same rumor talked about gitz in winter with S2D, so that would check out based upon your hypothesis 

Cheers mate!!

• Like 1

I don’t see the urgent need to refresh the core plastic Ogre model (Gluttons, Leadbelcher, and Ironguts) I feel they more then serviceable compare to other ranges and model.

or at least I don’t see GW thinking they would need to refresh the ogre model and it one of those they wait until the models are 30 years old before they consider it time to do it type scenario.

• Like 4

Id imagine something new will come for fans of destros plumpers (BBOs if you will) before an update to existing lines. Perhaps an expansion into the firebellies culture is what we'll see. 

I'm not personally a collector of these as they just come off as big humans to me and not enough monster or creature in their designs but i do give a fist bump to my fellow destro fans and their amazing monstrous mounts. 

Also on the subject of new designs, maybe the mentioned moles are a new type of skaven?...

And i do hope to see a witchhunters warband. This coupled with the cursed city heros and the daddy daughter duo will give me a fantastic Frostgrave warband untill dawn bringers drop. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, novakai said:

I don’t see the urgent need to refresh the core plastic Ogre model (Gluttons, Leadbelcher, and Ironguts) I feel they more then serviceable compare to other ranges and model.

or at least I don’t see GW thinking they would need to refresh the ogre model and it one of those they wait until the models are 30 years old before they consider it time to do it type scenario.

They definately are serviceable as is, the range just needs the resin and finecast updated really and new units if they so choose.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, The Brotherhood of Necros said:

I can’t seem to find the Beasts of Chaos Razorgor on the Games Workshop site. Is that unusual? (I didn’t want the horrible thing, making my own, was just hunting for its base size.)

It seems to be gone, just like most of the Ogre Maneaters. Both the Beasts and Ogor tomes seem to still be some ways off, though. I wonder if there is a chance of a few kit updates unrelated to new batgletomes in the near future? GW doesn't generally like to have rules for units in their books without a model kit for sale.

15 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

1 Step closer to Murknob Ard Kruleboyz!!!🤘💀🤘

That’d be a fun change to do something unique with them as Ard Kruleboyz(maybe something a little more neutral like Krule Ironz).

Ardboyz lore is already that they’re on the cusp of growing big enough to become Ironjawz but aren’t nearly as strong yet to bend steel(usually chaos hellsteel) with their bare fists so use forges.

“Ardboys are units of Orruk warriors of the Ironjawz warclans that are composed of tightly packed ranked orruks from other breeds that are not Ironjawz 

Ardboys form their own mobs and fists within the Ironjaw warclans and unlike most Orruks believe in discipline, thus they have banners and drums to fight in ranks or march in lines. Most Ironjawz think Ardboys are a bit funny and do not consider marching to a drum to be relevant to smashing skulls but do admit that they know their stuff when it comes to war. Ardboys are led by by their own bosses who lead their boys into the fray with deafening yells. These bosses embody the both the brashness of the Ardboys and their pride at getting to fight beside the Ironjawz. 

In imitation of the Ironjawz, Ardboys plaster themselves in armour and tote Ardboy Choppas, which can be two-handed or paired with Smashas or large Orruk-forged Shields. While strong enough to break the spine of a man one-handed, they cannot beat iron into shape with their hands like the Ironjawz and instead they forge it from salvaged iron, displaying surprising skill for their race.”

A change to “KruleIronz” would give them both the Kruleboyz-like smarts to fight disciplined and forge their weapons but the Gorky drive to put muscle on their lanky(but tall, Kruleboyz average 7 to 8 feet) frames and swell out to evolve into massive Ironjawz. A breed of orruks yet to choose their path between Ironjawz or Kruleboyz.

would be a nice link between the different breeds of orruks as a shift through Gorkamorka ideology and get rid of the old Black Orc look to be something new like Kruleboyz covered in plate armor that can be a mix of the jagged armor they like(maybe a bog devil motif with horned helms imitating Kragnos) and smoother armor but with visible fist imprint/dents showing they’re practicing using only their fists to shape armor instead of wimpy forges.

• LOVE IT! 3