The Rumour Thread

3 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

I am once again bringing up Soulbound to everyone who is enjoying the lore more than rules now (or always did)

Their #mortalrealmsmonday blog post is introducing OGOR ARCHETYPES😍

https://cubicle7games.com/age-of-sigmar-soulbound-champions-of-destruction-ogor-mawtribes/

It really says something about the decline of lore in Battletomes when we get more information about certain factions from an RPG book. Not that I'm upset about this (I'm actually tempted to buy the Champions of Death Book), but it still kinda sucks that we have DLC for books.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Iksdee said:

I cant see GW doing anything wrong. They just use sales tactics like any other company would. 

It usually helps if your reply is actually related to the post you're replying to. The way you argue is incredibly manipulative since you never address any points while also making claims which suggest I believe X or Y. Just own up to the fact you rushed into a discussion without context and misunderstood the situation.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, pnkdth said:

It usually helps if your reply is actually related to the post you're replying to. The way you argue is incredibly manipulative since you never address any points while also making claims which suggest I believe X or Y. Just own up to the fact you rushed into a discussion without context and misunderstood the situation.

Guess i must be missing something if u feel the need to call me incredibly manipulative. Doesnt really put anything positive into a friendly discussion. I dont feel the need to say more and will end whatever this became. 

40 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

I am once again bringing up Soulbound to everyone who is enjoying the lore more than rules now (or always did)

Their #mortalrealmsmonday blog post is introducing OGOR ARCHETYPES😍

https://cubicle7games.com/age-of-sigmar-soulbound-champions-of-destruction-ogor-mawtribes/

Bloody beautiful mate!! How many Soulbound books are there? As a Lore connoisseur I must consume it all!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, novakai said:

No tyrant or BCR mounted hero though, in fact the Icebrow hunter is the only one based on a newer model which is Hrothgrom 

Assuming they're splitting up the announcement like Gloomspite got, those will follow next Monday.

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

Bloody beautiful mate!! How many Soulbound books are there? As a Lore connoisseur I must consume it all!!

There's probably 5 more than I think there are, and I believe there's around 12 expansions/what-have-you after the corebook, that deal with adding new factions/archetypes and expand the world via lore & missions.

1 hour ago, pnkdth said:

I mean, you did reply to someone suggesting that if they want all the specific models in a box its a good deal with a tirade about how they are encouraging people to buy models they dont need earlier. 

Honestly dude, its toy soldiers, its not worth getting that upset over (Though i know im just as susceptible as anyone :D

There are a whole load of tyranid rumour engines and video snatches showing some big flying nid beastie, probably the Return of the Parasite of Mortex? 

Shame theres no new minis today :(

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

Assuming they're splitting up the announcement like Gloomspite got, those will follow next Monday.

There's probably 5 more than I think there are, and I believe there's around 12 expansions/what-have-you after the corebook, that deal with adding new factions/archetypes and expand the world via lore & missions.

Well except they didn’t say part one like GSG article had

24 minutes ago, yukishiro1 said:

At least AOS is getting one new model per codex, it looks like nids aren't even getting that. 🤣

except they already reveal the new Tyranid model (parasite of whatever) just not officially

7 minutes ago, Noserenda said:

I mean, you did reply to someone suggesting that if they want all the specific models in a box its a good deal with a tirade about how they are encouraging people to buy models they dont need earlier. 

Honestly dude, its toy soldiers, its not worth getting that upset over (Though i know im just as susceptible as anyone :D

If person X wants to buy unit Y and K yet feel priced out I found a bit tone-deaf to suggest buying even more stuff which didn't get the both unit Y and K. Buying that box would just push the issue of cost further ahead for someone who already stated the price was getting out of reach.

I can see that I came off a bit strong and forgot to be more nuanced since the warcry box is a good deal if you want all the models. I'd like to offer an apology to @chosen_of_khaine for that. I think my general frustration over the situation took the better of me. Time to move on.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CommissarRotke said:

Sweet Behemat!! Its a library worth of lore!! I'll have to pick and choose which books for sure.

58 minutes ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

They said big reveals plural. They're seriously considering Tyranids codex + idk what else big reveals?

Combat Patrol box.

1 hour ago, Lightbox said:

Looks like another DoK foot hero....

...once again a missed chance of a Khinerae hero to make them battleline 😢

Most of the 3rd tomes are been quiet generous with new battleline options, so I wouldn't be surprised if one of their subfactions let them count as battleline in the new book!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Arzalyn said:

Most of the 3rd tomes are been quiet generous with new battleline options, so I wouldn't be surprised if one of their subfactions let them count as battleline in the new book!

One can dream!! I just think it would be nice for DoK to have the option. Could make for some interesting and quite different lists.

• Like 1

I’ve seen a rumour that Horus Heresy could be released in June. 

So I think that means June is not going to have much AOS wise. That suggests to mean that the DOK and Nighthaunts stuff will be April and mysterious Chaos and Order armies in September. Only a guess based on they’ve still got loads of stuff to come out plus summer goes a bit quiet.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gaz Taylor said:

So I think that means June is not going to have much AOS wise. That suggests to mean that the DOK and Nighthaunts stuff will be April and mysterious Chaos and Order armies in September. Only a guess based on they’ve still got loads of stuff to come out plus summer goes a bit quiet.

Well the dryad re-packing date is July, so maybe they will be released in July as well? Or does it happen before the tome drops?

Assuming the re-packinf happen before the tome is released and looking at the schedule we had so far, may the schedule will look like this:

December - Nurgle tome

January - Fyreslayers vs Idoneth box

February - nothing 

March - fyreslayers and idoneth tomes. Possible Nighthaunt vs khaine box?

April - Nothing (assuming the box release this month)

May - Nighthaunt and Khaine tomes

June - Order vs Chaos box 

July - nothing

August - Order vs Chaos tomes 

1 hour ago, Gaz Taylor said:

I think it's plausible. This way GW can have a new edition of major system every each year.

9 hours ago, Kadeton said:

FTFY :)

Mate if they are large enough for Gargants... I can make a scale version of Mega Gargant Bane and Mega Killer Croc!!

2 hours ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Sounds reasonable to me. I'm expecting a very light AOS 2022 year and a jam packed 2023.

• Haha 1