The Rumour Thread

25 minutes ago, Magnusaur said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/02/28/coyl-is-coming-to-claim-harrowdeep-and-will-fight-anyone-with-his-borrowed-arm/

New Frankensteinian Warband. I've heard some great ideas for a non-magic/non-Nagash Death faction and this sounds pretty neat!

This will probably be the first Underworlds warband I pick up. Between all the mummies, vampires and now Frankenstein monsters, I might be able to manage a full Castlevania army! Or at least a DnD campaign.

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

That zombie is one of the most interesting AoS models I’ve seen in a while. Now I’m very excited of undead/Frankenstein/experiments. I’ve been making a Necrarch force for a few years now, led by  W’soran. And this screams Necrach to me. 

I really think this is the start of a Necrahc expansin inot soulblight- I hope. Who else but Fantasy’s version of the Haemonculi. I’ve tried giving my army some fluff reasons for W’Soran to fit into AoS. But given that Nagash controls everything it’s incredibly difficult. W’Soran was the most loyal of the Vampires, committed to Nagash’s cause - to turn the world into a constant. A constant of Death where souls and the living cannot feed the desires or creations of Gods.  With Nagash now a God I cannot see W’Soran or any Necrarch siding with him. They are Warhammer’s OG Atheists before it was cool. That’s why I think they exiled themselves. 

So I can only imagine that the exiled dead are in fact the Necrarch’s, keen to see how wrong I am, and also to see how much of the fluff I thought to be true is wrong or retconned. Have at me lore buffs 😂

Edit:and forgot to mention a very bad hazarded guess is that Undead will become a larger Pantheon/list like Order. We’re seeing that with Destruction and Kragnos. It’s not sustainable having monotheistic alliances. I forsee Ushoran, W’Soran and more undead. Again, I’ll take my dissappointment when it comes…

Edited by Kronos
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

This will probably be the first Underworlds warband I pick up. Between all the mummies, vampires and now Frankenstein monsters, I might be able to manage a full Castlevania army! Or at least a DnD campaign.

This is very cool. The Golems from the Necromantic Blood Bowl team would fit well with this too.

11 minutes ago, PJetski said:

Can't wait to Rally back Stormdrakes on a 4+ xD

Damn, didn't think of that!! 😂😂

I'm liking the synergy with the fyreslayer heroes. 

Your unit takes a battering and loses models powering up the new hero (forgot his name). 

The battlesmith rallies back the wounded unit and the new hero powers them up to hit back at those who wounded them. 

I'm liking the direction the Fyreslayers are going! 

And love that zombie! 

1 minute ago, Doko said:

If we ignore the fact that fyreslayers are 100% melle and rally cant be used in combat.....

1. They are not 100% melee
  2. It helps mitigate losses taken from shooting/magic
  3. It makes blocks of 30 Vulkites very interesting
  4. Historically Fyreslayers are very likely to kill anything they fight, and not get locked into combats

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, PJetski said:
  1. They are not 100% melee
  2. It helps mitigate losses taken from shooting/magic
  3. It makes blocks of 30 Vulkites very interesting
  4. Historically Fyreslayers are very likely to kill anything they fight, and not get locked into combats

1-only hearthguard is playable and is 90% melle

2-with the 4+++ and ignore spells at 4+ of battlesmith,the heqrthguard hadnt problems with magic

3-vulkites are umplayables so dont matter 

4-if they gonna kill all in melle that they figth then what is the use of rally when nobody is dead?

The fact is a autoinclude hero as was battlesmith,now as every new scroll have been nerfed. And now is useless and wont  be played in any game as he is 100% useless together hearthguard that is the only playable unit in the book

• Confused 10

2 minutes ago, Doko said:

1-only hearthguard is playable and is 90% melle

2-with the 4+++ and ignore spells at 4+ of battlesmith,the heqrthguard hadnt problems with magic

3-vulkites are umplayables so dont matter 

4-if they gonna kill all in melle that they figth then what is the use of rally when nobody is dead?

Everything you said is true with the 2nd edition battletome

We are not talking about the 2nd edition battletome any more

• Like 6

Yes vs shooting is cool,but.....a full unit of 15 hearthguards,you loose 10 to shooting and bring back 5 with one cp and rally.......or dont bring the battlesmith and spend his points in other hearthguard unit and you have the same extra 5 hearthguards in every situation and dont spend cp

7 minutes ago, Doko said:

Yes vs shooting is cool,but.....a full unit of 15 hearthguards,you loose 10 to shooting and bring back 5 with one cp and rally.......or dont bring the battlesmith and spend his points in other hearthguard unit and you have the same extra 5 hearthguards in every situation and dont spend cp

that would be true if the ability of the battlesmith was single use. it isn't. In your example, you bring back 5, then 2 more in the opponent's hero phase, and the battlesmith already paid for his cost and more before he does anything else.

I would say the problem is more keeping the battlesmith alive if you're facing a lot of shooting, but maybe the book has CT/artefacts/other to do it.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

Damn, didn't think of that!! 😂😂

I'm liking the synergy with the fyreslayer heroes. 

Your unit takes a battering and loses models powering up the new hero (forgot his name). 

The battlesmith rallies back the wounded unit and the new hero powers them up to hit back at those who wounded them. 

I'm liking the direction the Fyreslayers are going! 

And love that zombie! 

Downside is they're still low wound/poor save characters who will get killed off immediately by the multitude of different ranged threats.* While it is an interesting option it is going to be nearly impossible to pull off effectively since it will be very obvious to your opponent what you're trying to do. A lot the FS abilities are also fairly short ranged which adds more limitations.

* Unless there's some kind of bodyguard rule or something we haven't seen yet. So all hope is not lost... yet.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

that would be true if the ability of the battlesmith was single use. it isn't. In your example, you bring back 5, then 2 more in the opponent's hero phase, and the battlesmith already paid for his cost and more before he does anything else.

I would say the problem is more keeping the battlesmith alive if you're facing a lot of shooting, but maybe the book has CT/artefacts/other to do it.

Also you cant use rally and inmune moral at same time,so if we are losing 10 models each turn we gonna loose with moral almost the same that we got back with rally.

And also against shooting as you said the rival only kill the battlesmith first and againts melles he is useless. 

Is a shame but the fact is again we got other good scroll nerfed into uselesness for no reason.

What genious designer tougth that change a +1 save for a 6 ward in a army with a armywide rune of 6 ward and units with 4+++ that dont stack with ward was a good idea......and even call it a upgrade

2 minutes ago, Doko said:

Also you cant use rally and inmune moral at same time,so if we are losing 10 models each turn we gonna loose with moral almost the same that we got back with rally.

And also against shooting as you said the rival only kill the battlesmith first and againts melles he is useless. 

Is a shame but the fact is again we got other good scroll nerfed into uselesness for no reason.

What genious designer tougth that change a +1 save for a 6 ward in a army with a armywide rune of 6 ward and units with 4+++ that dont stack with ward was a good idea......and even call it a upgrade

Inspiring Presence is in the battleshock phase, Rally is in the hero phase

If they spend a turn shooting your Battlesmith they won't be shooting your actual units. That's good for you.

You are far too negative my dude

• Like 18
  • Thanks 4

14 minutes ago, pnkdth said:

Downside is they're still low wound/poor save characters who will get killed off immediately by the multitude of different ranged threats.* While it is an interesting option it is going to be nearly impossible to pull off effectively since it will be very obvious to your opponent what you're trying to do. A lot the FS abilities are also fairly short ranged which adds more limitations.

* Unless there's some kind of bodyguard rule or something we haven't seen yet. So all hope is not lost... yet.

In practice I don't see single heroes on foot getting shot at very often. With look out sir and all out defense they become less of a juicy target. 

I'll rather shoot at the threat coming for my objectives or shoot at units holding objectives or the monster that gives me victory points for killing. 

AoS isn't won just by killing stuff, it's all about the objectives and strategies. 

Also the battlesmiths ability range is 18'' as he's a totem which is a fairly decent range for rally. 

7 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

In practice I don't see single heroes on foot getting shot at very often. With look out sir and all out defense they become less of a juicy target. 

I'll rather shoot at the threat coming for my objectives or shoot at units holding objectives or the monster that gives me victory points for killing. 

AoS isn't won just by killing stuff, it's all about the objectives and strategies. 

Also the battlesmiths ability range is 18'' as he's a totem which is a fairly decent range for rally. 

AoS is about dealing with threats in order to prevent your opponent from scoring while maximising your own scoring, this does involve your ability to remove enemy units. Everyone knows that FS relies on buffing up their units through characters. In other words, I'm not going to bash my head against that 4++ HGB wall if I can remove a comparatively weak character and reduce that save to 6++ in addition to removing all those useful abilities.

Look out, sir and forcing my opponent to burn through command points is fine. Especially since ranged MWs are everywhere now. It is not an issue only FS have to deal with but as an army FS relies more than most of their characters supporting their units. Hence why losing bodyguard has been such a big deal for FS.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, PJetski said:

You are far too negative my dude

Yes you are  rigth.

But hard  be positive when every single leak are only nerfs for every single unit of a army that was allready a middle\bottom tier.

Vulkites nerfed

Heqrthguards nerfed

Auric nerfed

Magmadroth breaths nerfed

Grimwrath in broken realm nerfed

Now battlesmith nerfed again

And also we know we gonna loose every unique lodge enhacement and cp as every 3.0 tome

So,so far we know every single unit have been nerfed and now also some heroes nerfed too,only for a sligth buff to runes.

Yes im too much negative but so far we (fyreslayers players) havent nothing to be positive