The Rumour Thread

4 minutes ago, novakai said:

Kharadron have actual black library novels though where FS have none among other things 

Most armies in AoS don't have a single Black Library Novel to their name, it's only slightly worse in that regard than 40K is. They do show up in BL novels all the time though.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, OkayestDM said:

I just looked back at the article, which conveniently has and image of the new Liberator and Reclusion adjacent to each other. The silver on the liberators is noticeably brighter. The darker tones on the Prosecutor and Reclusian are probably meant specifically for Ruination units (the article makes it clear that Prosecutors are now Ruination.)

I went back and noticed it too. That's a subtle and great way to differenciate Ruination SCE from regular ones, I like it a lot.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BarakUrbaz said:

There are a bunch of Fyreslayer stories. Arguably, no dedicated Fyreslayer novels, but:

*Legends of the Age of Sigmar: Fyreslayers, which is a compliation of short stories and a novella.

*Bonereapers, a novella which while the Bonereapers themselves get top billing the Fyreslayers are the main heroes opposing them. 

*Heirs of Grimnir, an audio drama spinoff of Realmslayer that focuses purely on Fyreslayers.

*Grombrindal: Chronicles of the Wanderer, which is evenly divided between Dispossessed, Fyreslayers and Kharadron with neither really getting more focus than the others. 

*Soulslayer, a Gotrek novel which is something like 70% Fyreslayer focused.

Yeah but if you compiled the list for KO it probably bigger, and more stuff that are focus on them.

Granted I think in terms of overall lore support for KO they are probably show up above average compare to other armies. That why no one think they are neglected lorewise (model-wise is another issue)

Edited by novakai

Not only that, but I’ve noticed that the liberator shields feature the similar face as seen on the thunderstrike units to date. Whereas the Reclusiums and Prosecutors have skull masks on their shields. That’s probably the defining aspect of the chamber at this point.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, novakai said:

Yeah but if you compiled the list for KO it probably bigger, and more stuff that are focus on them.

Granted I think in terms of overall lore support for KO they are probably show up above average compare to other armies. That why no one think they are neglected lorewise (model-wise is another issue)

Yeah, but its much bigger in comparison to, say, Seraphon (the most Seraphon centric novel is Legends of the Age of Sigmar: Skaven Pestilens, and that's the weird 1E Slann-dream Seraphon).

Just now, BarakUrbaz said:

Yeah, but its much bigger in comparison to, say, Seraphon (the most Seraphon centric novel is Legends of the Age of Sigmar: Skaven Pestilens, and that's the weird 1E Slann-dream Seraphon).

Beats Bonereapers too. They’ve got Bonereapers as a novella, End of Enlightenment where they’re the deuteragonists and I think 1 shows up in Children of Teclis too, but doesn’t do much. And they show up in a few short stories but I don’t think ever really as the POV. 

32 minutes ago, Swamp Trogg said:

I don't see them getting a complete overhaul, but something more in the line of Fec: they get to keep what's already in plastic, have their resign models redone in plastic, plus a few all new units. 

Yeah. Seems the best approach to do not leave again a short roster. And in 5th another mid size wave to spring clean.

Just now, Ejecutor said:

Yeah. Seems the best approach to do not leave again a short roster. And in 5th another mid size wave to spring clean.

I’d expect their 4th Edition refresh would refresh Gluttons, the Butcher, and then reimagine some other stuff like how they did the Seraphon. 

16 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

I went back and noticed it too. That's a subtle and great way to differenciate Ruination SCE from regular ones, I like it a lot.

Will be interesting to see if they follow the same approach with the other Stormhost as well.

14 minutes ago, Changer said:

Not only that, but I’ve noticed that the liberator shields feature the similar face as seen on the thunderstrike units to date. Whereas the Reclusiums and Prosecutors have skull masks on their shields. That’s probably the defining aspect of the chamber at this point.

Yeah. Skulls and crows plus an aged armour in terms of painting.

4 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

Beats Bonereapers too. They’ve got Bonereapers as a novella, End of Enlightenment where they’re the deuteragonists and I think 1 shows up in Children of Teclis too, but doesn’t do much. And they show up in a few short stories but I don’t think ever really as the POV. 

The Vulture Lord is another Bonereapers centric novel.

40 minutes ago, madmac said:

Most armies in AoS don't have a single Black Library Novel to their name, it's only slightly worse in that regard than 40K is. They do show up in BL novels all the time though.

If I were to use the Poorhammer’s Lore ranking tier list, IMO I would rank the armies like this.

100 books of yapping: none, like AoS is too young to have any army in this tier

More then you ever read: CoS, SCE

More of this: KO, Soulblight, LRL, GSG, and OBR (maybe lower)

Tablescraps: FS, Sylvaneath( could be higher), DoK, Slaves, Khorne, Wanderers (lol), and Deepkin

Terminal villain syndrome: Nurgle, Nighthaunt, Ironjawz, Skaven, Kruleboyz, FEC, Tzeentch

cringe zone: none, there not a single infamous writer that certain army fandom dislike like Eldar and Tau.

might as well be fanfic: Ogors, Seraphon, Sons, Slaanesh, Beastmen, 

Edited by novakai

1 minute ago, Vaellas said:

" Later today, we’ll also be previewing rules from the first General’s Handbook, and we’ve got a wealth of Spearhead coverage to come."

Vincent Vega GIFs | Tenor

From what I heard there was a mistake and the GHB battle tactic article from Friday was the one suppose to be this one mention on the Prosecutor article.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, novakai said:

If I were to use the Poorhammer’s Lore ranking tier list, IMO I would rank the armies like this.

100 books of yapping: none, like AoS is too young to have any army in this tier

More then you ever read: CoS, SCE

More of this: KO, Soulblight, LRL, GSG, and OBR (maybe lower)

Tablescraps: FS, Sylvaneath( could be higher), DoK, Slaves, Khorne, Wanderers (lol), and Deepkin

Terminal villain syndrome: Nurgle, Nighthaunt, Ironjawz, Skaven, Kruleboyz, FEC, Tzeentch

cringe zone: none, there not a single infamous writer that certain army fandom dislike like Eldar and Tau.

might as well be fanfic: Ogors, Seraphon, Sons, Slaanesh, Beastmen, 

I remember Beastmen showing up a bit in in stuff. Main villains in Beastgrave, major side villain in Hamilcar, primary antagonist POV in Black Pyramid.

53 minutes ago, EntMan said:

Hmm, not sure what to think of the new Stormcast. They look OK I guess, as knights with wings.

But I don't think they look at all like Stormcast imho.

What about a quick mask swap with the Reclusians?

image.png.4f8196d38cc1f9edb8eac2fd9e77af2c.png

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

DoK. Ogors.

Hello darkness my old friend.

DOK are going to end up within Malerion's elves, I wouldn't be surprised if mother and son were on the same faction against the twins and their elves.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, HorticulusTGA said:

:P

The question remains : will a potential Catacomb-style board in Warcry 2nd ed. be more like the original Catacombs (a few scenery) or the Kill Team Space Hulk (full walls and add-on sprues) ??

I am going with the inside of a cogfort catacombs setting. At least we got a cogfort rumour. Havent seen any legit rumours about mordheim other then wishlisting and nostalgia. I really hope Warcry will continue to be great. It could become one of GW best games of all time. Catacombs was fun because it was Warcry with a twist. I would be fine if we got something else too. Maybe some sort of map with lots of small sky island and ships. Or some sort of boarding setting.

Edited by Gitzdee
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

yes, that is because GW is flipping factions each week... it is an "odd" week hence Stormcast. Next week they will be even reveals... Skaven will have 3.

I understand that but full units vs 1 character and 1 unit. Just feels a touch wonky that's all.