The Rumour Thread

In my personal opinion i don't think we going to get the Lord Vigilator tomorrow. That model seem to be the big centerpiece of the box like Yndrasta, The Winged Tyranid Prime ect. they probably wait for the entire box reveal

I predict it going to be the Prosecutors/Knight Azyros or a hero model like a new herald

10 new units in the Age of Sigmar 4th edition trailer

We'll just have to wait till tomorrow to see if I eat Crow

......Literally

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

In my personal opinion i don't think we going to get the Lord Vigilator tomorrow. That model seem to be the big centerpiece of the box like Yndrasta, The Winged Tyranid Prime ect. they probably wait for the entire box reveal

I predict it going to be the Prosecutors/Knight Azyros or a hero model like a new herald

10 new units in the Age of Sigmar 4th edition trailer

We'll just have to wait till tomorrow to see if I eat Crow

......Literally

Yeah I'm with you. I think they'll save the two centrepieces for the full reveal. I'm expecting a minor Stormcast hero and maybe the Skaven warmachine since it already leaked. 

• Like 1

The main thing I'm getting impatient about is whether or not Abraxia will come out solo or in a FOMO box. I'm leaning towards the latter but I'm not sure what might be in it. Given the theming I might guess her and 6 varanguard, but that would put the price pretty high without a super steep discount. Maybe her and 10 knights? 

7 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

i think you and/or the other people are confusing the end of Underworlds 

Warcry is just ending it Gnarlwood season and getting it new "edition" 

but again its rumors for now

I doubt that doomer rumor from 4chan(so probably all fake anyway) has any weight to it. UnderWorlds has been ramping up in players and activity. 

The weekend Grand Clash at Warhammer World had a whopping 96 players show up from across Europe so I doubt it’s going anywhere when it’s got a strong following and is such an easy gateway into the hobby alongside Warcry.

Also continuing to love the ideas people have for the Kroot stuff in AoS. Goldmine of kitbash of ideas for unique Realm of Beast units.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Yeah I'm with you. I think they'll save the two centrepieces for the full reveal. I'm expecting a minor Stormcast hero and maybe the Skaven warmachine since it already leaked. 

I think it is more important to show numbers over heroes, but I also agree with the importance of the centrepieces. Said that and knowing it is "miniature" in singular, maybe one of the SCE heroes that we haven't seen yet.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Grimrock said:

The main thing I'm getting impatient about is whether or not Abraxia will come out solo or in a FOMO box. I'm leaning towards the latter but I'm not sure what might be in it. Given the theming I might guess her and 6 varanguard, but that would put the price pretty high without a super steep discount. Maybe her and 10 knights? 

We already saw that, didn't we? It is coming with 3 Varanguards.

Adepticon AoSS2D Mar20 AbraxiaSet

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

I doubt that doomer rumor from 4chan(so probably all fake anyway) has any weight to it. UnderWorlds has been ramping up in players and activity. 

The weekend Grand Clash at Warhammer World had a whopping 96 players show up from across Europe so I doubt it’s going anywhere when it’s got a strong following and is such an easy gateway into the hobby alongside Warcry.

Also continuing to love the ideas people have for the Kroot stuff in AoS. Goldmine of kitbash of ideas for unique Realm of Beast units.

I noticed the Kroot and the mount are completely separate minis, so it opens the door for super easy conversions.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

that's the AOS version of Vermintide right? pretty please?

If they do an AoS version all my money is on a Soultide or Gravetide set for next edition’s Order vs Death.

probably Soultide to justify soul-taker enemies like Deepkin which is just begging for a literal Fatshark boss enemy.

• Like 1

20240429_075258.jpg.62d7d473ed5b10d67c14518877b8cbe8.jpgRicki is a great example of what's possible. He got permission to run this army as Ogor Mawtribes at a Warhammer world event. 

It rather gives the lie to the idea that GW doesn't like proxies or kitbashes at their events.  It's really just 3d prints they don't like and even then a 3d printed helmet or weapon is usually fine. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • LOVE IT! 4

6 minutes ago, Chikout said:

20240429_075258.jpg.62d7d473ed5b10d67c14518877b8cbe8.jpgRicki is a great example of what's possible. He got permission to run this army as Ogor Mawtribes at a Warhammer world event. 

It rather gives the lie to the idea that GW doesn't like proxies or kitbashes at their events.  It's really just 3d prints they don't like and even then a 3d printed helmet or weapon is usually fine. 

Even while they are dope, I could understand events not allowing that army because it adds an extra complication layer for the opponent to remember which minis are which from the army they are playing.

17 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Even while they are dope, I could understand events not allowing that army because it adds an extra complication layer for the opponent to remember which minis are which from the army they are playing.

That's the whole point though. GW are allowing this army at their own event. The key is to submit a list early that clearly explains what each unit is supposed to be. 

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

We already saw that, didn't we? It is coming with 3 Varanguards.

Adepticon AoSS2D Mar20 AbraxiaSet

Did they say that was the box? I figured it was just the usual thematic posing they do when they show off new minis. Given the usual box cost her and a single unit of varanguard wouldn't be much of a deal, I'd probably just wait for her independent release in that case. 

1 hour ago, Grimrock said:

Given the usual box cost her and a single unit of varanguard wouldn't be much of a deal,

Really? They’re $110 and she’s likely to cost as much as Ionus & Cthorak cost $130.

getting them at $150 instead of $240 seems pretty decent for a deadly elite force like Ionus or King Trugg had

28 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

Really? They’re $110 and she’s likely to cost as much as Ionus & Cthorak cost $130.

getting them at $150 instead of $240 seems pretty decent for a deadly elite force like Ionus or King Trugg had

Currency conversions are a bit tough, for me I assume she's going to be 140 cad, and varangaurd are 130. I didn't see thrugg or ionus, but typically the boxes have been 200-250 here. At 200 the deal isn't too bad, but half off a single box of varanguard isn't super enticing. At 250 it wouldn't even be worth looking at. 

2 hours ago, Chikout said:

I've been to many events at Warhammer World over the years and seen many heavily converted and proxied armies and they've never had an issue with them, many in fact get nominated for the best army award. 

GW has always encouraged creativity, all they ask is you check with them before hand if you're unsure about something and you use their models and parts, which is fair enough if you're going to their event. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Chikout said:

Isn't this the same Ricki known as @Melcavuk, creator of some of the best kitbashes and custom armies in AOS? His Suneater Project got me into Destruction as a faction.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Grimrock said:

Did they say that was the box? I figured it was just the usual thematic posing they do when they show off new minis. Given the usual box cost her and a single unit of varanguard wouldn't be much of a deal, I'd probably just wait for her independent release in that case. 

Yes , the box is called Abraxia varanspear . Probably it is costing the same of solo Abraxia 

Abraxias-varanspear.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Grimrock said:

It was not explicitly confirmed IIRC, but it wouldn't be that crazy. It fits the Ionus approach of having a box with a massive discount on two expensive boxes.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Grimrock said:

Ionis had a similiar box with a dragon guard acompanying him

it’s still a good deal!

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Glutos said:

Ionis had a similiar box with a dragon guard acompanying him

it’s still a good deal!

Yeah. I just checked the prices. That box was 130 € and the Draconis Guard cost 100 € and Ionus 105 €. A super deal! Considering the Varanguard is 85 €m wouldn't surprise me if the box cost 120 or 125€.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Prices prices! When do you think we will know the AoS rules for Grombrindal?

1.jpg.99d9b60b19db4cfe48445101806ed627.jpg

They will probably have a copy of his warscroll in White Dwarf I bet so even if we don't get the rules online early it would be whenever those people with early access to WDs get them. 

17 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

Warcry is just ending it Gnarlwood season and getting it new "edition" 

17 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

What I've heard is not the end of Warcry, but moving its new season into something closer to Mordheim.

Warcry 2nd edition (Heart of Ghur is from August 2022) will enter its third (and last) year this summer. 

Every supplements is leading closer to the ruins of the Seraphon Space ship - the inside of which is (partially) described in the main rulebook and elsewhere. 

We have yet to see a ruleset to adapt "Catacombs" style game to 2nd edition (like that Kill Team Space Hulk).

IMO, ergo the last year of 2nd Warcry will be Dungeon style inside the Seraphon ship. 

There is enough AOS factions without a Warcry Warband* to last another year of dual releases. 

Only in third edition (summer 2025 - Warcry won't be discontinued) will we move to another setting than Gnarlwood/Talaxis.

* Idoneth Deepkin, Kharadron (Gholemkind ?!), Slaanesh, Skaven (Eshin or Pestilens ?!), Gloomspite, (Ironjoawz), (Sons of behemat). We could get a SCE Ruination team too, and or another CoS Team. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1