The Rumour Thread

23 minutes ago, Someravella said:

Now I am looking at the Reclusors again... do you also agree that much of the model looking good is due to the the change of color schema?

Very likely. If we turn them all gold they would look ******.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, GloomkingWortwazi said:

It certainly helps a lot, yeah.

Yeah probably, but there are some other details that are a good change. They're pretty similar to the Preators but the details look a lot finer. Thinner parchment, chainmail instead of scale mail, the cloak not covering the chest, the thinner chains instead of the rope. It all adds up to a more pleasing design that isn't swamped by all it's detail. images(1).jpeg.179f6a11c212ba637477201ebe5392de.jpegimage.png.c1d2b2c0d53f718fea8b7632ae26c1c1.png.172fc89d3563898934e531f82148822f.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xil said:

To be fair, a space marine with nothing more than a shield and a sword looks more like a fantasy/medival knight than a stormcast with sword/axe and shield would look sci-fi.

In this case, the SM stole the fantasy looks from AoS. How are you supposed to make SCE look different when the SM looks like a knight...there is only so much design space.

Im not bashing one or the other. Just think they have a similar design. These might draw in some 40k people because these stormcast feel familiar.

29 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

Im not bashing one or the other. Just think they have a similar design. These might draw in some 40k people because these stormcast feel familiar.

On the one hand, we really don't have to pretend our Games Workshop holy knights that were supposed to be fantasy Space Marines don't look like Games Workshop Space Marines that are supposed to be holy knights.

On the other hand, I still think Stormcast look way cooler than Space Marines.

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

On the one hand, we really don't have to pretend our Games Workshop holy knights that were supposed to be fantasy Space Marines don't look like Games Workshop Space Marines that are supposed to be holy knights.

Time to time. In some years everyone would say "Hey, those marines look like Stormcasts" 😈 

I just had the most happy idea. What if we had another end times event within AoS where Gorkamorkas followers actually manage to destoy everything that has been build within the mortal realms. If Chaos gets their win why cant we get one too. (Or let nagash not feel like mojojojo)

Edited by Gitzdee

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

Yeah probably, but there are some other details that are a good change. They're pretty similar to the Preators but the details look a lot finer. Thinner parchment, chainmail instead of scale mail, the cloak not covering the chest, the thinner chains instead of the rope. It all adds up to a more pleasing design that isn't swamped by all it's detail. images(1).jpeg.179f6a11c212ba637477201ebe5392de.jpegimage.png.c1d2b2c0d53f718fea8b7632ae26c1c1.png.172fc89d3563898934e531f82148822f.png

Yeah that's true as well. They have done a lot of refinement on the overall design language as well as some work on the engineering of the pieces to be able to make these changes to ground them a bit more. The parchment and mail are especially true. The simulated weight of the cloak stands out to be too.

14 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Must be like why i actually bought bladeguards once. (And sold them again because i didnt want to go on the primaris train after all)

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I guess that's the main point... but it is kinda funny to witness this change of approach. Not very long ago SCE were "totally not SM" and I would bet that any suggestion they should get Ecclesiarchy-like companions would be promptly stomped into ground. Now, with Reclusians revealed, most people are suddenly fine with "fantasy Space Marines".

3 minutes ago, Flippy said:

I guess that's the main point... but it is kinda funny to witness this change of approach. Not very long ago SCE were "totally not SM" and I would bet that any suggestion they should get Ecclesiarchy-like companions would be promptly stomped into ground. Now, with Reclusians revealed, most people are suddenly fine with "fantasy Space Marines".

They were always "fantasy Space Marines" and will always be to some people.

That Reclusian is the best Stormcast model to date. Absolutely, phenomenal. The expression on the face mask is sublime, so haunting and evocative. I can see John Blanche's influence, especially in the beautiful gorget. The different textures in the armour grounds the model and provides great visual interest. The painting on this model is also incredible. Love the true metallic metal and the choice of two armour tones. Memorian compainion is inspired. I've always felt Stormcast look best in the presence of mortal humans to demonstrate their scale.

Congratulations to the designer and painter on their amazing work.

• Like 6

You know, I'm a little torn on the attendants. The idea behind them is great, and they're nice models in and of themselves.

I'm just not sure I like the image of a handful of ordinary humans in an otherwise all SCE army. I like how Stormcast armies look as a force of mighty warriors. I like how mixed armies of Stormcast and ordinary mortals look, too.

The idea of a full SCE army with just two or three ordinary humans tagging along, though? I can't help but think they'll look a bit out of place.

Maybe the Ruination Chamber will have more attendants in the rest of the range, who knows. In any case, the Reclusians are wonderful!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Someravella said:

Now I am looking at the Reclusors again... do you also agree that much of the model looking good is due to the the change of color schema?

I think it is a mix of grim dark style and hallowed knights colour scheme.

1 minute ago, Davariel said:

You know, I'm a little torn on the attendants. The idea behind them is great, and they're nice models in and of themselves.

I'm just not sure I like the image of a handful of ordinary humans in an otherwise all SCE army. I like how Stormcast armies look as a force of mighty warriors. I like how mixed armies of Stormcast and ordinary mortals look, too.

The idea of a full SCE army with just two or three ordinary humans tagging along, though? I can't help but think they'll look a bit out of place.

Maybe the Ruination Chamber will have more attendants in the rest of the range, who knows. In any case, the Reclusians are wonderful!

Don't worry. More Stormcast would be removed from the game until they are 50-50 in terms of Stormcasts and humans. That was the original plan 😄

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Davariel said:

Good point. Do they also arrive on the filed of battle in drop pods via lightning bolts?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Flippy said:

Good point. Do they also arrive on the filed of battle in drop pods via lightning bolts?

Ha! That's a very interesting point! Imagine following your grandfather everywhere but he can teleport himself and you have to run after him. It would be like losing an elder man and having to look for it in the Mortal Realms.

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Flippy said:

That's easy. Drop pods indeed 😄 

Edited by Tonhel

6 minutes ago, Davariel said:

I kinda want the attendants to be an upgrade.

If you don't take them the Reclusians can arrive via lightning but they have some kind of disadvantage like "can only charge the closest enemy" as they lose themself in their reforgings.

If you take them you can't deepstrike but don't have the other disadvantages and maybe get a few more wounds through them for the unit.

If the "Scions of the Storm" or "Stormkeep" choice is still in you could also include them in that. If your Reclusians are SotS they get deepstrike but no attendants. If they are Stormkeep they get extra wounds and a buff

• Like 4