The Rumour Thread

My philosophy about the old models is simple.  All models should stay until there is an update or refresh available. Soup is ok but cutting elements from a range or a whole faction is not acceptable at this stage. Spiderfang should stay, bonesplittas should stay etc. 

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, Chikout said:

My philosophy about the old models is simple.  All models should stay until there is an update or refresh available. Soup is ok but cutting elements from a range or a whole faction is not acceptable at this stage. Spiderfang should stay, bonesplittas should stay etc. 

Having 1:1 refreshes of stuff forever is kinda lame imo, it's a shame to lose models from an army though. I guess I'm different to many here as I never was into whfb when it was around so I don't have much nostalgia for older kits. It would be nice if GW just declared their intentions for stuff like this, it's not like people will stop buying these kits if they announce they're going oop. We've seen before that the fomo will cause the remaining stock to sell out really fast

Does this bit about modular core rules mean they are stepping away from open/matched/narrative play modes? Seems like Spearhead and modular rules make up the core of 4th.

"The modular nature of the new ruleset is something we’ll explain more about in due course, but essentially the core rules are supported by a series of more advanced plug-and-play additions. It’s perfectly possible – and quite satisfying – to play without Magic, for instance, while at higher levels, new Battlepacks and General’s Handbooks can slot in in the same way."

Edited by Gitzdee

24 minutes ago, Luperci said:

It might just be that GW is trying to phase out the concept as it's been pointed out before, taking inspiration from native peoples and portraying them as "savage orcs" is in pretty poor taste for some. They could redesign them ofc but it doesn't seem like they've shown much interest in doing so, with kruleboyz being a sort of spiritual successor in aos as more mork aligned orruks.

The warband has already set the present on moving away from "jungle savage" to neolithic caveman caricature. It more Fred Flintstone  then 1940s "it was a different time"- Disney 

Bonesplitterz Warcry Warband – Guide, Tactics and Overview

Primal Just Turned Spear and Fang Into Their Worst Enemy

Kruleboyz also cover the Mork side of thing with all their cunning but brutal aspect. The Bonesplitterz represent the Gorkamorka side with the Waagh! focus magic and primal lifestyle 

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

The warband has already set the present on moving away from "jungle savage" to neolithic caveman caricature. It more Fred Flintstone  then 1940s "it was a different time"- Disney 

Bonesplitterz Warcry Warband – Guide, Tactics and Overview

Primal Just Turned Spear and Fang Into Their Worst Enemy

Kruleboyz also cover the Mork side of thing with all their cunning but brutal aspect. The Bonesplitterz represent the Gorkamorka side with the Waagh! focus magic and primal lifestyle 

I do like the new warband a lot, that's just the main reason I've seen people speculating that bonesplitterz will get cut. As an orruk player I can live without boarboyz and arrow Boyz etc. though, if they then take some of those concepts to flesh out IJ and KB into more distinct factions.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Luperci said:

Having 1:1 refreshes of stuff forever is kinda lame imo, it's a shame to lose models from an army though. I guess I'm different to many here as I never was into whfb when it was around so I don't have much nostalgia for older kits. It would be nice if GW just declared their intentions for stuff like this, it's not like people will stop buying these kits if they announce they're going oop. We've seen before that the fomo will cause the remaining stock to sell out really fast

i don't think it needs to be 1:1 refreshes forever, i think there's room to shed some units and ideas in favor of new ones.  for example, saurus knights or salamanders.  we still functionally have an equivalent to what they did but it's more fitting in terms of scale with the world they inhabit.  a few things like razordons can be left behind but ultimately it should be to make the core of the army even stronger.  we're wayyy too late into things to be clipping entire factions from the world.

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, Luperci said:

I don't mean 1:1 necessarily. I'd be perfectly happy to see beasts of chaos get a Lumineth or cities style update. I just don't want to see something dropped with no replacement at all. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

I dislike Darkling coven and Order Serpentis beacuse their inclusion in the army is......stretching their inclusion was just imply putting Delves in the lore and models and felt a place holder for the Ulgurothi

However i love Shadowblades and Scourge Privateer because they actually did something interesting with them in lore making them stand out from their predecessor.

Scourge are the navy of the CoS and are heavily tied closely to the Fortress city of Misthaven so them expanding the whole naval aspect with some pirate themes would help flesh out a major free city. they not just slaver like the days of the old world but rather empire back privateers, monster hunters & smugglers not to mention that we actually got a name character with close relationship with Callis and Toll; Arika Zenthe

Arika Zenthe - Age of Sigmar - Lexicanum

Shadowblades staying wound even be an issue coming how we got the whisperblades if they ever want to expand to an actual unit it wouldn't be that hard to include a shadowblade head option

I keep hoping we get a full on expansion of the Cities Naval Side. I love the Blackark Corsiars but I want something more swashbuckling like your image. I also keep thinking of a Duardin Gunnery crew that due to their short stature can more easily navigate bellow decks. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, GloomkingWortwazi said:

If endless spells are becoming a free point component of army building, I wonder if we will see new ones introduced for factions that don't have their own faction specific ones?

i heard a theory that you may be able to pick either a spell lore or an endless spell per wizard, which makes sense to me and actually makes it understandable why they'd remove points on them (better integration into the new wizard system)

4 hours ago, GloomkingWortwazi said:

If endless spells are becoming a free point component of army building, I wonder if we will see new ones introduced for factions that don't have their own faction specific ones?

of the ones missing

• Free cities
  • Kharadon
  • Seraphon
  • Idoneth
  • Nurgle
  • Ork
  • Gargants
  • Ogers
  • Soulblight
Edited by Dragon-knight77
Correction to the list

1 hour ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

of the ones missing

• Free cities
  • Kharadon
  • Seraphon
  • Idoneth
  • Khorne 
  • Nurgle
  • Ork
  • Gargants
  • Ogers
  • Soulblight

Sorry?

Endles spells OF Khorne?

I have thrown an ax through the window, try to close yours because it is flying on the way.

¡¡We have judgements!!

For the blood ans skulls, if any wizard try to summon and endless spell in the middle of a khorne army I'm pretty sure his head would explode violenty.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dragon-knight77 said:

of the ones missing

• Free cities
  • Kharadon
  • Seraphon
  • Idoneth
  • Khorne 
  • Nurgle
  • Ork
  • Gargants
  • Ogers
  • Soulblight

It always confused me ( not the right word.) that some of these didnt.. as alot of them you can think of dozens of amazing looking ideas. As they have a potentially strong visual language for spells and the like that really add a strong element to their theme that was not really the case for some armies that did get them.

Especially Idoneth and Nurgle.

2 hours ago, TheMawr said:

It always confused me ( not the right word.) that some of these didnt.. as alot of them you can think of dozens of amazing looking ideas. As they have a potentially strong visual language for spells and the like that really add a strong element to their theme that was not really the case for some armies that did get them.

Especially Idoneth and Nurgle.

Orruks should have at lesst got a foot of gork template again like we used to, its basicly the first endless spell XD.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Chikout said:

Thank you for sharing but this is meaningless without context.  Maybe all endless spells are rubbish now, or wizards points will go up to reflect their ability to cast endless spells, or each army will only be able to choose one, or one of the modular rules packs will add points later.
As for weapon choices it makes sense with no weapon ranges in melee. (Incidentally what about long range weapons?) There is sometimes minimal differences between weapons. This is one hits on threes and wounds on fours but the other one does the opposite. Combining them both doesn’t make a massive difference to the result of combatbut would save a lot of time in the game. When there is a bigger difference will we be having more warscrolls like the Kurnoth hunters?

If endless spells are normal faction spell lore and require a spell slot like others is easy to understand why are free now.

6 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t GW produce the endless spells in China instead of Lenton ? And that’s the reason they stopped releasing new ones at the end of 2nd edition ?

Yeah that was why.
I do remember hearing a rumour a while back that they were looking at getting the tooling pulled and shipped to them though? Not sure on the validity of that though.

Either way, if they're no longer fabing it in China, or if they refab in GB, they need to decide to keep or toss them from the rules eventually. Wondering if this might be a catalyst for swinging one way or another.

Well, with weapon profiles difference erased, I suppose GW will use tactic of different warscrolls to preserve some obvious differences, like units with shields or without (e. g. Fyreslayers’ vulkite berserkers), with ranged weapon or big bonker (e. g. Kurnoth with bows or with scythes)

17 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t GW produce the endless spells in China instead of Lenton ? And that’s the reason they stopped releasing new ones at the end of 2nd edition ?

Yes, and maybe. We don't know exactly why they reduce the priority of endless during second half of that edition.

The question now is what changes we are gonna get, because endless and terrain faction will suffer big changes.

10 minutes ago, GloomkingWortwazi said:

Yeah that was why.
I do remember hearing a rumour a while back that they were looking at getting the tooling pulled and shipped to them though? Not sure on the validity of that though.

Either way, if they're no longer fabing it in China, or if they refab in GB, they need to decide to keep or toss them from the rules eventually. Wondering if this might be a catalyst for swinging one way or another.

They are still made in China.