The Rumour Thread

8 minutes ago, Ookami said:

If BoC and cities’ dwarves are gone to TOW, then I wonder why don’t they bother to also remove dark elves and represent them in TOW as well? 

Delves are in danger aswell, like older human minis like the tanks, the chicken or the flagellants. Same with spiders in Gloomspite or Bonesplitterz, maybe graveguard and such and the skink range.

To be honest, I think everything pre endtimes can leave AoS at some point.

Edited by Ragest
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, BarakUrbaz said:

Honestly, most people just genuinely don't really care about Beasts of Chaos as a faction other than a hard core of dedicated fans. And what would complaining about it really do? It takes GW a long time to react to this kind of thing, look how long it took them to do The Old World after how many people complained about ending Fantasy? 

This is a niche enough hobby that a loud enough fuss actually does get results, whether they’re quiet ones that alter things in the pipeline or shallower but more visible shifts like with the CoS marketing stuff. Even still, I don’t have to care about Beasts as a faction I want to play to care about the idea of completely randomly squatting a mostly plastic army four editions into the game, a year after they got a new miniature and following an edition that gave them a bunch of relevancy and fluff in elements of the narrative, supposedly so the same minis from the army (minus the one they just got) could continue to be sold at almost certainly a higher price in a sidegame.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Ragest said:

Same with spiders in Gloomspite or Bonesplitterz, maybe graveguard and such and the skink range.

They literally don't have spiders in ToW Orcs and Goblin army list and Lizardmen are a legacy faction, I dunno what you're looking at. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Satyrical Sophist said:

I don’t read that as pile in getting removed, just not having to spend ages arranging your models to get as many within 1 as possible

Yeah, that's a fair point. Maybe I'm reading too much into it. 

But does raise a few questions though over whether the 3 inch pile will still exist, on top of the 3 inch range. There's potential for a bit of shenanigans there, tagging a lot of units in combat. 

3 minutes ago, BarakUrbaz said:

They literally don't have spiders in ToW Orcs and Goblin army list and Lizardmen are a legacy faction, I dunno what you're looking at. 

I'm looking at fantasy models and, for me, every pre endtimes model is just a filler until they refresh it or is going to get cutted.

Edited by Ragest
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Togetak said:

That’s not an index, though?

Honestly it kind of feels like people have gone insane about this stuff and squatting any plastic that could possibly be WHFB era. The start of 3e didn’t have people doomsaying all the slaves to darkness kits that got refreshed or anything like that

They've not used the word index, it's battlepack or something. So it might not look exactly how 40k handled it.

Every edition they remove loads of stuff. At the start of 2nd it was FW stuff. It's just lots of rumours and lots of speculation on top of zero communication from GW.

It wouldn't take much for them to just put a line in one of their community articles saying 'we're aware of speculation about xyz army being removed from match play - this won't be the case'.

The lack of communication just fuels conspiracies and mistrust.

Edited by Jagged Red Lines
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ragest said:

Delves are in danger aswell, like older human minis like the tanks, the chicken or the flagellants

But the humies will be sold for Empire. If Dark Elves are removed from AoS there'll be nowhere for GW to sell those models while Dark Elves remain an unsupported Old World faction.

10 minutes ago, EntMan said:

But the humies will be sold for Empire. If Dark Elves are removed from AoS there'll be nowhere for GW to sell those models while Dark Elves remain an unsupported Old World faction.

Oh yeah, I'm not saying delves are going to dissapear this summer, but is just a matter of time.

15 minutes ago, Ookami said:

If BoC and cities’ dwarves are gone to TOW, then I wonder why don’t they bother to also remove dark elves and represent them in TOW as well? 

Dark Elves most likely getting their own faction in Age of Sigmar along with Chaos Dwarfs.

Old World pretty much gave us all we needed to know about the future of both games and which armies will end up where. so prepare accordingly.

Figure the 4th ed release will do a lot of trimming. My money is on dwarf leaving Cities there.

image.png.f365fe86f2357768ab741539308810dd.pngimage.png.260984dbeae49911671a7d651e5320f5.png

Or course these are all rumors and GW could change their mind on keeping all the game separate................ Of course 30k and 40k point that they are trying to make sure nothing can be used between games.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Ookami said:

I wonder how this 3” combat range will affect different types of weapons. You know it’s pretty obvious that spear has more physical range than sword. And making it’s just a matter of number of attacks or better to hit is a dumb thing. I hope some weapons like spears will receive additional rank bonus (just like in FB/OW), that will represent them better. And I hope there will more profound rules to distinguish different types of weapons regarding that range is gone. 

Also if it is not wholly within 3”, then plenty of units on bigger bases will definitely have a blast! 

It could be possible that there will be no difference anymore between melee weapons. I.e Chaos warriors have one melee profile. So no seperate line for halberds anymore.

I may have just been missing the forest for the trees or my coldblooded nature makes me slow to catch on, but...

Has it been rumored/speculated/suggested that the rebooted Cities of Sigmar's de-emphasis on the interspecies composition of the Cities was informed by a need to free up those older Dwarf/Dark Elf/Empire kits for The Old World? What's been the TGA take on this?

32 minutes ago, Togetak said:

This is a niche enough hobby that a loud enough fuss actually does get results, whether they’re quiet ones that alter things in the pipeline or shallower but more visible shifts like with the CoS marketing stuff. Even still, I don’t have to care about Beasts as a faction I want to play to care about the idea of completely randomly squatting a mostly plastic army four editions into the game, a year after they got a new miniature and following an edition that gave them a bunch of relevancy and fluff in elements of the narrative, supposedly so the same minis from the army (minus the one they just got) could continue to be sold at almost certainly a higher price in a sidegame.

If anything they'll be cheaper in TOW. The trend in that game is to sell giant regiment sets at a discount.

Just compare Tomb Guard in TOW to Black Guard in AOS.

Edited by Bosskelot

9 minutes ago, RyantheFett said:

Dark Elves most likely getting their own faction in Age of Sigmar along with Chaos Dwarfs.

Old World pretty much gave us all we needed to know about the future of both games and which armies will end up where. so prepare accordingly.

Figure the 4th ed release will do a lot of trimming. My money is on dwarf leaving Cities there.

image.png.f365fe86f2357768ab741539308810dd.pngimage.png.260984dbeae49911671a7d651e5320f5.png

Or course these are all rumors and GW could change their mind on keeping all the game separate................ Of course 30k and 40k point that they are trying to make sure nothing can be used between games.

They said last week that the scope of the project has changed. Thus this could mean that everything is possible from moving some legacy armies to core armies or add Cathay, kislev sooner than later. Everything is possible.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RyantheFett said:

I'd love it if the current Dark Elves were rolled into Daughters of Khaine as a standby for when Malerion's Umbraneth release. Har Ganeth(Kuron) Executioners fit so well with the theme.

• Like 3

Catching up in no particular order.

I am the one who hates GW and I will fight for my crown lol

Second today's article doesn't do anything to the BoC rumors imo. If anything it strengthens them because it shows Whitefang Jr does in fact know things.

They said "all factions" not "all current factions". They can easily start the edition and say okay here's all the factions (minus the one we took out. It's not a faction anymore so we didn't lie.) Meanwhile as others have said GW has blatantly misunderstood what "all" means in the past.

At this point I have to be happy just to get an index and no updates after and meanwhile many posters on the forum seem to think that it's alright that beasts players are praying for scraps?

I hope they don't come for anyone else's army with some vague justification. I mean idoneth we're made for AoS but they haven't gotten any big releases lately and they're barely in the lore so... I mean we could cut them to make room for some more elves and everyone should be fine with it right? Just roll them into Lumineth what's the big deal?

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Magnusaur said:

I may have just been missing the forest for the trees or my coldblooded nature makes me slow to catch on, but...

Has it been rumored/speculated/suggested that the rebooted Cities of Sigmar's de-emphasis on the interspecies composition of the Cities was informed by a need to free up those older Dwarf/Dark Elf/Empire kits for The Old World? What's been the TGA take on this?

If AoS gets ride of some units it's because they no longer fit their vision and want to sell a new unit in it's place. The TOW team can benefit from this, but I doubt they hold that much power when it comes to GW making decisions. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

They said last week that the scope of the project has changed. Thus this could mean that everything is possible from moving some legacy armies to core armies or add Cathay, kislev sooner than later. Everything is possible.

I hope so, but I am still thinking they will stick to making sure there is 0 cross play between the games. They just did it to 40k and 30k, so I figure it will be the same thing here. It is stupid and will be really hard to do, but you know GW going to GW lol.

27 minutes ago, Scáthborn said:

I'd love it if the current Dark Elves were rolled into Daughters of Khaine as a standby for when Malerion's Umbraneth release. Har Ganeth(Kuron) Executioners fit so well with the theme.

As a Cities player who got into the faction for the mix race stuff I just wish they end my suffering when 4th comes out and do something like this lol.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Danaork said:

Estoy a favor de Malerion en la 4ª edición, aunque tenga que ser al final.

I'm with you, I can't wait for Malerion and his faction to finally come out, especially because I want to see how Malerion's elves relate to the rest of the order factions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1