The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

In non argumentative news! Have we heard anything more about the Kruleboyz and/or any Hashut related people? Cause I swear if I don’t hear anything I’m gonna add these TK Sphinx wings I have onto Kragnos to claim he’s an avatar of the bull god(might just do that anyway honestly).

That would look epic mate!!

• Thanks 1

Just now, KingBrodd said:

Aww mate I would be a bit disappointed if Firebellys finally came and were put together with Kragnos. At this stage he just doesnt fit any known aesthetic. If we get a couple years in and still nothing matches? He may have been an after thought or repurposed model.

My liege I think they might be shaping destruction up that way. Think about it: almost all destruction armies have some form of scary face on their armour, and what do the Kruleboyz claim their’s are based off of?

3 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

That would look epic mate!!

Thank you My Liege, I got the idea after I started to modify Morathi into an avatar of Asaph(that I’m running as a Mega-Gargant🙃), by adding some Slaanesh bits and a few TK scarabs here and there.

edit: I got the idea from @Enoby(in a roundabout way).

Edited by Loyal Son of Khemri
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

My liege I think they might be shaping destruction up that way. Think about it: almost all destruction armies have some form of scary face on their armour, and what do the Kruleboyz claim their’s are based off of?

squigs, kruelboy shields are squig faces. Kragnos was an afterthought tossed into the line. 

• Like 2

When we first saw the model for Kragnos I was kinda interested in the idea of this mythical figure from ancient times returning to find the world changed and he's mad about it, it's a classic storytelling vein but it puts a different spin on the motivation for the Destruction faction, and introducing him as the capstone to the broken realms series was a clever way of immediately tying him to the likes of Morathi and Teclis in terms of power and narrative importance.

Buuut then his actual backstory has him as more or less just the same dumb brute smash guy as the majority of destruction characters.  I think it would be sensible to try and diversify the general personality of Destruction a bit, just cos they don't build cities doesn't mean they can't have a splash of culture beyond might makes right.  The original Beastclaw Raiders book was a step in the right direction for me, they're still a brutal, dangerous people with ideals and customs at odds with the nations of Order, but they felt more like an actual people at the same time.  I dunno, I guess I just think Destruction can get a bit samey between the factions and there's only so many times you can go to the well of big brutal guy, or occasionally sneaky cunnin' chap.

• Like 16

20 minutes ago, Lucentia said:

When we first saw the model for Kragnos I was kinda interested in the idea of this mythical figure from ancient times returning to find the world changed and he's mad about it, it's a classic storytelling vein but it puts a different spin on the motivation for the Destruction faction, and introducing him as the capstone to the broken realms series was a clever way of immediately tying him to the likes of Morathi and Teclis in terms of power and narrative importance.

Buuut then his actual backstory has him as more or less just the same dumb brute smash guy as the majority of destruction characters.  I think it would be sensible to try and diversify the general personality of Destruction a bit, just cos they don't build cities doesn't mean they can't have a splash of culture beyond might makes right.  The original Beastclaw Raiders book was a step in the right direction for me, they're still a brutal, dangerous people with ideals and customs at odds with the nations of Order, but they felt more like an actual people at the same time.  I dunno, I guess I just think Destruction can get a bit samey between the factions and there's only so many times you can go to the well of big brutal guy, or occasionally sneaky cunnin' chap.

I would say though that the Gutbusters do build, the Great Gutfort in Ghur rivals the size of a lot of Free Cities. 

Edited by KingBrodd
  • Like 1

That's true, certainly, and worth noting.  I like the Ogors being positioned as the kind of 'smart guys' of Destruction, who do build and fashion things, are more open to trade (to a degree!) etc. etc.  But then the mawtribes book almost goes out of its way to diminish that side of things, or that's the impression I got at least, I only read through it a time or two.

• Like 2

I know Kragnos has divided opinions but I really like him. His presence reminds me of commensalism in the natural world, with smaller scavengers attaching themselves to the larger predator. He can go of rampaging across the realms and the tides of worshippers follow in his wake picking up the scraps without him even being fully aware of them. He also gives me hope that Destruction won’t just become the every shade of green alliance. I get that him not tying into any existing faction aesthetically is jarring for some, and I do hope he gets his own faction, but I still think he can work without that. A Dothraki-esque horde of Drogrukh would be ace, perhaps adopting Beastmen in a similar way to hobgrots within Kruelboys without negating the existence of Beasts of Chaos. I’m excited to see what they do with him, as I thinks there’s a lot of potential there for a really cool character. 

Edited by NotAWzrd
  • Like 5

40 minutes ago, NotAWzrd said:

I know Kragnos has divided opinions but I really like him. His presence reminds me of commensalism in the natural world, with smaller scavengers attaching themselves to the larger predator. He can go of rampaging across the realms and the tides of worshippers follow in his wake picking up the scraps without him even being fully aware of them. He also gives me hope that Destruction won’t just become the every shade of green alliance. I get that him not tying into any existing faction aesthetically is jarring for some, and I do hope he gets his own faction, but I still think he can work without that. A Dothraki-esque horde of Drogrukh would be ace, perhaps adopting Beastmen in a similar way to hobgrots within Kruelboys without negating the existence of Beasts of Chaos. I’m excited to see what they do with him, as I thinks there’s a lot of potential there for a really cool character. 

Don’t get me wrong, I love Kragnos. He looks like a bear/horse/human hybrid and is the first proper god of destruction not directly related to Gorkamorka in some way(I don’t count Behemat because he was unjustly killed by Sigmar). I just wished the Kruleboyz worshiped some giant alligator/crocodile(what with being a swamp based faction and all).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

I’m unsure if I should call a hospital or the fire department for that burn.

Depends on the edition. Might've been 1st ed AoS. 😛 Regardless I do not need explanations from someone that follows Malal, no good can come of that. 😎

That's more misguided than collecting Aelves.... well, no, not really, but almost. 

3 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Hey, 30 Sentinels are nothing to joke about :P

It's less the Sentintels and more Slaanesh's own followers. Like those awesome Slaangors.* I'd hang those suspenders in the closet and try to glue on a beak! 😎

* My, my, I'm quite the brimstone horror. That was a malicious shot, sorry.

Oh and Lameineth are exactly what should be joked about! 💖

Edited by MitGas
  • Haha 1

Ok, more rumors it is!

New Ghur article on the community site. It mentions forests of predatory trees that feed upon their victims at night. New unit or terrain perhaps? Everything else mentioned in the article is something we've pretty much seen and heard about before. 

Edited by Gothmaug
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

Ok, more rumors it is!

New Ghur article on the community site. It mentions forests of predatory trees that feed upon their victims at night. New unit or terrain perhaps? Everything else mentioned in the article is something we've pretty much seen and heard about before. 

Still waiting on Chaos Dwarf stuff, or the return of SETTRA AND LONG LOST NEHEKHARA!!! Also @KingBrodd, here’s a post for you: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/06/22/crush-the-competition-in-the-new-edition-with-the-sons-of-behemat/ 

now if you all will excuse me, I’m gonna go fanboy out about how Scooby Doo and Courage the Cowardly Dog are getting a crossover together.

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, Lucentia said:

That's true, certainly, and worth noting.  I like the Ogors being positioned as the kind of 'smart guys' of Destruction, who do build and fashion things, are more open to trade (to a degree!) etc. etc.  But then the mawtribes book almost goes out of its way to diminish that side of things, or that's the impression I got at least, I only read through it a time or two.

Ogors are shown less as traders and such in the Battletome and more so in other media such as Black Library novels. Though they are similar to Fyreslayers when it come to Mercenary work, instead of Ur-Gold they are paid in food and drink. If you go back on your offer though you are summarily eaten. 

1 hour ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

Don’t get me wrong, I love Kragnos. He looks like a bear/horse/human hybrid and is the first proper god of destruction not directly related to Gorkamorka in some way(I don’t count Behemat because he was unjustly killed by Sigmar). I just wished the Kruleboyz worshiped some giant alligator/crocodile(what with being a swamp based faction and all).

RIP Behemat. Curse the Celestant Prime.

• LOVE IT! 1

In all the Vanquishor/Judicator commotion, I don't think it was mentioned that Gardus went up another 40 points as well, while the other special characters we can see either stayed the same or dropped in points. Hoping it's because of a buff and not some weird overvaluing.

Edited by boyadventurer
  • Like 1