The Rumour Thread

15 minutes ago, Rachmani said:

1. What about BoC. Would they flock to Kragnos who aligns perfectly with their goals (as in the turnskin story from BR) of ending civilisation. Or would they be treated as unworthy filth by the nobler barbarians that are Kragnos people (problematic).

2. What about the Kurnothi? Would *they* be the noble counterpart to Kragnos very own herdes or would they switch sides and give in to their feral sides? The latter seems super appealing. 

I dont think GW can get away with changing BoC to BoD , that would seriously anger a lot of customers, and I know GW also likes doing that, but imagine all the chaos god themed armies out there being alienated if switching to destruction. 

I also don't think Kurnothi will be something we should expect a lot more of and honestly I dont think they fit that well anywhere right now and would prefer to see so much else first. I think many Sylvaneth players would like to get the wanderers souped into their tome again...

I don't really know what they intend to do with Kragnos, honestly I do not find him interesting at all and seems to bring nothing exciting to the table. His personality can just be boiled down to "alpha beast" unlike orruks he is not even entertaining in that single minded purpose. GW made a centerpiece model now, but he will never sit at the table with the other big players like Morathi, Allarielle, Nagash etc. He was intended to be destructions counterpart to these characters, but he has none of the character or wit to challenge any of these.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, DerZauberer said:

It's pretty much confirmed that Kruleboyz are part of Orruk Warclans. They share the same list "Orruk Warclans" in the pitched battle profiles of the generals handbook 2021. Meaning that Bonesplittaz, Ironjawz and Kruleboyz are all part of one book.

Big Waaagh also is confirmed as theres severall units marked as battle line in "Big Waaagh" Allegiance.

Excited how Kruleboyz get incorporated in Big Waaagh!

Awesome mate thanks for this clarification!! 

28 minutes ago, Rachmani said:

Thinking about what @KingBrodd wrote about the maybe (:-P) upcoming ogors, the state of destruction in general and its narrative in particular and what that could mean for upcoming releases.

I think we will see Kragnos for better or worse become the unifying beacon for the destruction factions. And just like the Kruleboys are drawn to him just now, word of his appearance will set the ogor clans in motion and the sons of Behamat and so on and so forth.
Now, if we assume, there is some truth to this trail of thought we should be able to pick both the destruction forces that get updates and also the forces of order/death/chaos standing on their way. Or, where destruction might be in need of another faction.

During the death cycle we saw the release of two completely new armies (NH & OBR) and a major rework of another (LoN to SG). Now, Death was in deed in dire need of diversity so I don’t think the forces of destruction will see two new armies (given, that the SoB are also new), but one seems like a given.

Now, what does that mean. First of all, I think the Orruk Warclans are destructions Soulblight Gravelords. The streamlining of a book without a clear purpose. That leaves the NH & OBR equivalents. The Mawtribes I think will get the slot of one of these two. That leaves one army to go. And frankly, given how small of a range the SoB have; I think 5 armies would be very justified. Problem is, that they also would need differentiation from the existing ones. And here it becomes difficult in my opinion. The forces of destruction feel like a pretty complete set if themes. 

Except if you add herdes of centaur people to the mix. An all out cavalry army dominating the plains yadayada. Sounds easy.

But if you think about that, two questions instantly come up:

1. What about BoC. Would they flock to Kragnos who aligns perfectly with their goals (as in the turnskin story from BR) of ending civilisation. Or would they be treated as unworthy filth by the nobler barbarians that are Kragnos people (problematic).

2. What about the Kurnothi? Would *they* be the noble counterpart to Kragnos very own herdes or would they switch sides and give in to their feral sides? The latter seems super appealing. 

What do you think? My lunch break is over, so Ihave to stop rambling >.<

I think that Ogors kind of fit the OBR category of elite units.

For 3.0 I could see maybe 1 more Destruction Faction added but with the inclusion of Kruelboyz into Warclans I could also see that being THE Faction even if it is a sub faction.

I'm hoping and believe it's quite likely that Destruction will recieve major updates to existing Factions this Edition. Warclans massive update is Kruelboyz and hopefully Ironjawz and Bonesplitterz will gett new unit or 2 as well.

Gloomspite could do with a Spiderfang update. Update the Spider riderz and a new mounted Hero on Spider as well. Add the rumoured Sulphur Breath Troggoth and the Mirebrute Troggoth might have an unmounted version as well.

Sons of Behemat I would LOVE a new Mega Gargant but I believe theyll update the Mancrusher either in mainline AOS or Underworlds, probably not this Season but the next maybe? (2022). This would be incredible.

Ogor Mawtribes I believe and hope will have the biggest update to Destruction. All the Gluttons, Leadbelchers and Ironguts updated. All resin updated just everything bar the beasts updated and then maybe even add in the Firebellys. 

Edited by KingBrodd
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, zamerion said:

RumourEngine224 Jun22 Content

I believe this could be the Beast Snagga Warboss on foot we've seen in the announcement trailer.

Also to do with unsolved RE, I've compiled some pics that I believe are all the Beast Snagga Squig Rider!!

HokX7jlTDzHnVA2j.jpg

2020-08-11.jpg

m9fIjgpcrWU53U0f.jpg

2020-09-01.jpg

Edited by KingBrodd
  • Like 5
  • Sad 2

37 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

That chap doesn't seem to have any hair in the pic. Overall, though, I agree that the shape of the plate on the left side of the picture makes me think more 40k Orks than AoS Ironjawz at the moment.

Oh sorry mate I wasnt clear in what I meant, the hair is from the Beast Snagga foot boss but the Other images are from the Great White Squig Rider.

25 minutes ago, zamerion said:

its the boss from the cartoon  trailer 

Yeah the hair and pauldron match.

Edited by KingBrodd
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

Sad really, afraid that the Kruleboyz release on top of all the beast snaggas means it is very unlikely the Ironjawz will ever get expanded :/

I'm hoping that they still may get a new hero or unit, maybe even update the Ardboyz? I really hope that Ironjawz and Bonesplitterz get updates eventually. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, JustAsPlanned said:

DROGUKH ARMY DROGUKH ARMY EEEEEEEEEEEEEE

No but in all seriousness, my best guess for this is that maybe there’ll be a varanguard-sequel unit of mini-Kragnos’ that get a buff from being around him or something.

we he was mud wrestling with another centauroid in one of the art pieces, so not wholly unrealistic.

I mean after all... we never saw his old civilisation die out did we, eh, eh?

I can see it now... they reveal themselves and ask him why he looks like a beastman now!

13 hours ago, MitGas said:

Tzeentch can only ally Slaanesh next to the vanilla picks. Guess this reflects the way the CG could ally in 40k, where it's been T/S and K/N for at least a couple of years. Not sure why Nurgle and Slaanesh can't be allies but I guess they're too weird/gross (not in the right way) for each other now. Or Papa, being the nice guy of the CGs, doesn't wanna hurt Khorne's feelings by playing with Slaanesh. Or he's doesn't wanna listen to Khorne's outcry of rage if he did....

of old the diametric opposition was Khorne and slannesh / Tzeentch and nurgle.

Khorne was about killing as much and as quickly as possible, rage and hate, whereas the dark prince was all about prolonging the suffering, hedonism and pleasure

Tzeentch was about rebirth through mutation and change, whereas nurgle was abour rebirth through decay and pestilence.

In their own ways, each of the opposing gods were diametrically opposed cheeks off the same backside so to speak.

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

Awesome mate thanks for this clarification!! 

I think that Ogors kind of fit the OBR category of elite units.

For 3.0 I could see maybe 1 more Destruction Faction added but with the inclusion of Kruelboyz into Warclans I could also see that being THE Faction even if it is a sub faction.

I'm hoping and believe it's quite likely that Destruction will recieve major updates to existing Factions this Edition. Warclans massive update is Kruelboyz and hopefully Ironjawz and Bonesplitterz will gett new unit or 2 as well.

Gloomspite could do with a Spiderfang update. Update the Spider riderz and a new mounted Hero on Spider as well. Add the rumoured Sulphur Breath Troggoth and the Mirebrute Troggoth might have an unmounted version as well.

Sons of Behemat I would LOVE a new Mega Gargant but I believe theyll update the Mancrusher either in mainline AOS or Underworlds, probably not this Season but the next maybe? (2022). This would be incredible.

Ogor Mawtribes I believe and hope will have the biggest update to Destruction. All the Gluttons, Leadbelchers and Ironguts updated. All resin updated just everything bar the beasts updated and then maybe even add in the Firebellys. 

I agree, things change in the sense, that while destruction was the greenhaired stepchild, it didn’t get nothing over the years. Maybe that’s enough to varant updates instead of new factions.

My main trail of thought is though, that I believe they want to do „something“ with Kragnos and boy does he need it. GW has to fix him being so detached from the rest of the lineup. So I wondered how and what might make him more interesting. His own people, sure. But they’ll have to do more than that. Hence the idea that he‘ll stir up the different factions that form „destruction“. 
I can see firebellies getting ditched in favour of (or being rewritten as) prophets of Kragnos. Maybe he’s promised to eat the sun or something.

They just have to do something with him - and also want to update armies/reveal new ones.

1 hour ago, Scurvydog said:

I dont think GW can get away with changing BoC to BoD , that would seriously anger a lot of customers, and I know GW also likes doing that, but imagine all the chaos god themed armies out there being alienated if switching to destruction. 

I also don't think Kurnothi will be something we should expect a lot more of and honestly I dont think they fit that well anywhere right now and would prefer to see so much else first. I think many Sylvaneth players would like to get the wanderers souped into their tome again...

I don't really know what they intend to do with Kragnos, honestly I do not find him interesting at all and seems to bring nothing exciting to the table. His personality can just be boiled down to "alpha beast" unlike orruks he is not even entertaining in that single minded purpose. GW made a centerpiece model now, but he will never sit at the table with the other big players like Morathi, Allarielle, Nagash etc. He was intended to be destructions counterpart to these characters, but he has none of the character or wit to challenge any of these.

Me neither. But I kinda don’t accept to believe that there is no greater (or just some kind of) plan in the works. He‘s super detached from the rest if the forces, but it’s necessary to integrate him somehow. And as soon as that happens (and he’s maybe shown to have half a brain after all), the whole perception changes. He‘s basically Khal Drogo & the Dothraki five minutes into GoT. A nondescript savage of a vanished people of maybe savages.

As soon as his people are shown to be „rescued“ by Sigmar (save in Azyr or put away in a vault as usual) his whole existence gets purpose. Maybe he‘s our Conan after all!

20 minutes ago, Kaleb Daark said:

of old the diametric opposition was Khorne and slannesh / Tzeentch and nurgle.

Khorne was about killing as much and as quickly as possible, rage and hate, whereas the dark prince was all about prolonging the suffering, hedonism and pleasure

Tzeentch was about rebirth through mutation and change, whereas nurgle was abour rebirth through decay and pestilence.

In their own ways, each of the opposing gods were diametrically opposed cheeks off the same backside so to speak.

I don't know why you guys think I don't know Chaos and try to explain very basic stuff to me but I guess you wanna prove that you're worthy. SPOILER: None of you are, except if you accept Tzeentch - and only Tzeentch - into your hearts. Edit: 😎  Almost forgot the smiley!

I've read longer about it than most here are alive. I was just saying that there's no reason for Nurgle to not ally with Slaanesh but thankfully that isn't the case anyways. It used to be back in 40k, looking at the Tzeentch ally section in the GHB 3.0 I thought they reintroduced that as T can't ally with K anymore (like back then) they'd go for K and N being able to ally and S and T.

I mean i understand why cause Khorne and the other 2 clowns are afraid of Tzeentch's supremacy and then there's the whole magic thingy but still... it doesn't make too much sense as there are a billion examples of K and T warbands working together both in Fantasy and 40k. 

Edited by MitGas

5 minutes ago, Rachmani said:

They just have to do something with him - and also want to update armies/reveal new ones.

Gw got their work cut out for them, they are making it very difficult to connect him to destruction, just look at how many instantly see him as either a beastman or Kurnothi, two factions where we already have seen centaur like beings, we have even seen Chaos with at least the now legends Azghor bullcentaurs, so it is a baffling choice the faction of Orruks, Ogors, Grots and Gargants would get a centaur god.

Honestly I would much rather have preferred a Gordrakk 2.0 juiced up Avatar, like if he had actually killed Kragnos and Gork and Mork blessed him to godhood or whatever. It would also have been cool if Gordrakk and Skragrott gad been fused together as a twin headed Avatar of Gorkamorka! We got a homesick horse that cries very load when he gets hurt, both his fluff and warscroll represent a big toddler really, absolutely 0 threat to the other pantheons in anything but arm wrestling possibly or crying loudly contests.

• LOVE IT! 1

8 minutes ago, Kaleb Daark said:

well, you're one up on me as I only got into it in 1st edition. Anyway.. I'll leave you to it.

I've got a thirster to stare at.

That's brave of you. I wouldn't dare to stare. 😱.

Well, yes, my nerd fu is strong when it comes to Chaos. 😎  Sorry, you're attacking my honor as a geek if you try to explain it to me, even if it's a kind gesture. 💖 

edit: oh and you missed the same couple of stories with slightly different details being retold for 10+ years. Back then Chaos had much more nuance and wasn't a kiddy-fest. Nurgle always sucked tho!

Edited by MitGas

34 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

I'd love to see an Ironjawz chariot.

A Gore Grunta chariot would look awesome!! A massive monstrosity.

31 minutes ago, Rachmani said:

I‘d love to see Ardboys that don’t scream 20th century :D

Absolutely, if Ironjawz need anything updated its these lads, it would be a perfect update for them.

22 minutes ago, Rachmani said:

I agree, things change in the sense, that while destruction was the greenhaired stepchild, it didn’t get nothing over the years. Maybe that’s enough to varant updates instead of new factions.

My main trail of thought is though, that I believe they want to do „something“ with Kragnos and boy does he need it. GW has to fix him being so detached from the rest of the lineup. So I wondered how and what might make him more interesting. His own people, sure. But they’ll have to do more than that. Hence the idea that he‘ll stir up the different factions that form „destruction“. 
I can see firebellies getting ditched in favour of (or being rewritten as) prophets of Kragnos. Maybe he’s promised to eat the sun or something.

Aww mate I would be a bit disappointed if Firebellys finally came and were put together with Kragnos. At this stage he just doesnt fit any known aesthetic. If we get a couple years in and still nothing matches? He may have been an after thought or repurposed model.