AoS 2 - Hedonites of Slaanesh Discussion

HERO

Working on a Hedonites half (1k) of a doubles Tournament list (Ghoul/Horror heavy FEC ally)

Pretenders Court

Keeper of Secrets - General, Strongest Alone, Strength of Godhood, Sliversash - Progeny of Damnation
Bladebringer on Exalted Chariot - Hysterical Frenzy
Infernal Enrapturess

2 x 10 Daemonettes

Mesmerising Mirror

Aiming to rely on the FEC ability to win wars of attritiion and using the Hedonites chariots to anchor lines and targetted slow enemy units charging the screens. Slaanesh lending mobility and combat strength whilst relying on screening shield and horde maintenance of the FEC units to hold objectives.

Would love tips/advice/feedback

Amusingly enough it's almost exactly the same idea I had if I ever wanted to add BoC to my army (albeit using Sister of Slaughter masks rather than skulls, though the skulls do look great!)  I was also considering converting Ogor bodies into some sort of huge gluttons as counts-as Bullgors, though I'm drawing a blank on what might make decent non-bestial Ungors.  I don't particularly care for allies generally speaking, I don't like the way it tends to break up the aesthetic of the army.

I think the Depraved Drove is a very strong addition to a HoS list, but I'm wary of buying into it too heavily in case the option gets removed/substantially changed in later updates some point down the line and I'm stuck with a bunch of BoC stuff that I don't necessarily like!  Luckily I still have plenty of actual Hedonites to work on before that becomes a factor in my collection, I suppose.

• Like 3

Played a few test games this weekend with the Marauder based mercenary company - I took Sayl and 40 Marauders in a few builds and used Sayl's teleport to setup the unit in opportune locations which then allowed them (per RAW) to move their D6". That paired with cogs and their own innate +1 to charge rolls made for a pretty effective unit. I'm not sure I'd re-write my whole HoS strategy for it but I think its got some legs as an option for breaking open screens. 

I am just about to start building a Beasts of chaos army. And I will also play it as  a Slaanesh army. Depraved drove with Keeper of secrets and the contorted epidome as the only Slaanesh units thats not BoC. What should I buy for me to summon? Is the start collecting Slaanesh a good start?

6 hours ago, Amradiel said:

What should I buy for me to summon?

More heroes, so that your depravity points generate more depravity points! Or like 10 daemonettes to grab an objective

Start Collecting is a good deal though, you can get really creative with what you get on the box. You could make a number of Heralds with all the fancy heads.

6 hours ago, Amradiel said:

I am just about to start building a Beasts of chaos army. And I will also play it as  a Slaanesh army. Depraved drove with Keeper of secrets and the contorted epidome as the only Slaanesh units thats not BoC. What should I buy for me to summon? Is the start collecting Slaanesh a good start?

I’ve been playing a pretty similar list in tournaments. I tend to bring 30 Daemonettes, an Infernal enrapturess, and 5 Seekers for summoning. A start collecting box (built as a Bladebringer on Exalted Chariot) and 2 boxes of Daemonettes would be a good “summoning sideboard”. My baseline summoning is to drop in Daemonettes and, with Chronomantic Cogs up and Godseekers allegiance, go for the rerollable 6+ charge from summoning. I bring in Seekers when I want additional mobility for late game objective grabbing, and I bring in the Enrapturess as anti-magic when I really need to.

Depraved Drove is great because it gives you access to Ungors, who are ultra cheap screens and battleline; Bestigors, who are the best Slaanesh units in the game in terms of damage output; Ungor raiders, who are an even better screen than Ungors and can secure objectives right after deployment (but often don’t make the cut into my lists because) and Great Bray shamans, who are a cheap way to cast Cogs from outside unbind range, then move 11 inches forward to get a block of 30 Bestigors wholly within 12 inches of the GBS, then give them another 3 inches of movement.

Ive had a ton of success with Depraved Drove, it’s great for the alpha strike, and don’t feel obligated to pack the list full of heroes to generate depravity! If you kill everything with the Bestigor alpha strike and you generate enough depravity to summon a few MSU Daemonette squads, there’s no need to build your entire list around summoning! Don’t let them peer pressure you into it!

Below is my list that got me 3rd place at the Bay Area Open and 2nd place at Mythicos Triumph. If you don’t want 20 Seekers, you could easily replace them with 30 Bestigors and another Great Bray shaman. Frees up 80 points and makes you 3 drops instead of 4.

3E497F94-064E-4683-938F-27D01BC677EA.png

Edited by CB42
  • LOVE IT! 1

On 6/21/2019 at 9:04 AM, Enoby said:

Got some updates on my current army :) Just the Keeper of Secrets to go, though I am thinking of expanding the army with beastmen - I'm not a fan of the bestigore model (they look too barbaric), anyone know a good GW substitute? I don't mind conversions.  

20190619_225844.jpg

20190618_112733.jpg

I figured you were running the skullmarti as Bestigor? (Saw them earlier on Reddit)? 

At some point I have to actually get off my butt and do my ghoul to Ungor conversion.

I know what you mean about some of the BOC models. I love them but they have problems. Bestigor hold up pretty well but come across as a bit too uniform (having to rank up is a harsh constraint) and normal Ungor look like an accountant LARPing in his goat pants.

23 minutes ago, Selpharia said:

What are the best options if you don’t want to use Beastmen?

1-2 Keepers, Epitome, 1-2 Bladebringer on Exalted Chariot, maybe an Enrapturess; 20-70 Daemonettes; 0-10 Hellstriders; 0-5 Seekers OR 20 Seekers; and the supreme Sybarites battalion or the epicurean Revellers battalion if you’re Pretenders. You could also consider the Cavalcade battalion if you wanted to drop the Daemonettes and go heavy on Hellstriders and Seekers (I’d lean towards something like 3 x 5 Hellstriders and 20 Seekers to really get value out of it).

• Like 1

to piggy back off of @CB42 this was my list i ran today. 

Allegiance: Slaanesh -

Host: Pretenders Host

Mortal Realm: Hysh

Bladebringer, Herald on Exalted Chariot (220)

- Artefact: Blade of Symmetry

- Lore of Slaanesh: Born of Damnation

Keeper of Secrets (360)

- General - Sinistrous Hand

- Trait: Strength of Goodhood

- Artefact: Sliverslash

- Host Option: Strongest Alone (Pretenders Host Second Command Trait)

- Spell: Progeny of Damnation

The Contorted Epitome (200)

- Lore of Slaanesh: Phantasmagoria

Viceleader, Herald of Slaanesh (120)

-Lore of Slaanesh: Soul Slice Shard

Chaos Sorcerer Lord (160) - Runestaff

Lore of Slaanesh: Dark Delusions

30 x Daemonettes (300)

30 x Daemonettes (300)

5 x Hellstriders with Claw-spears (100)

Epicurean Revellers (180)

Mesmerising Mirror (60)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CB42 said:

I’ve been playing a pretty similar list in tournaments. I tend to bring 30 Daemonettes, an Infernal enrapturess, and 5 Seekers for summoning. A start collecting box (built as a Bladebringer on Exalted Chariot) and 2 boxes of Daemonettes would be a good “summoning sideboard”. My baseline summoning is to drop in Daemonettes and, with Chronomantic Cogs up and Godseekers allegiance, go for the rerollable 6+ charge from summoning. I bring in Seekers when I want additional mobility for late game objective grabbing, and I bring in the Enrapturess as anti-magic when I really need to.

Depraved Drove is great because it gives you access to Ungors, who are ultra cheap screens and battleline; Bestigors, who are the best Slaanesh units in the game in terms of damage output; Ungor raiders, who are an even better screen than Ungors and can secure objectives right after deployment (but often don’t make the cut into my lists because) and Great Bray shamans, who are a cheap way to cast Cogs from outside unbind range, then move 11 inches forward to get a block of 30 Bestigors wholly within 12 inches of the GBS, then give them another 3 inches of movement.

Ive had a ton of success with Depraved Drove, it’s great for the alpha strike, and don’t feel obligated to pack the list full of heroes to generate depravity! If you kill everything with the Bestigor alpha strike and you generate enough depravity to summon a few MSU Daemonette squads, there’s no need to build your entire list around summoning! Don’t let them peer pressure you into it!

Below is my list that got me 3rd place at the Bay Area Open and 2nd place at Mythicos Triumph. If you don’t want 20 Seekers, you could easily replace them with 30 Bestigors and another Great Bray shaman. Frees up 80 points and makes you 3 drops instead of 4.

3E497F94-064E-4683-938F-27D01BC677EA.png

Thank you for the reply. Sounds great 😊

1 hour ago, SCW said:

@carnith how did the list actually perform 

Performed fine but not ideal of course. I brought these models when I probably would throw in another exalted chariot and drop the battalion and the spell. It was to take some unneeded things to fit in the relic. My opponent just had whatever but I had steam rolled them. Locus of diversion is really hard to overcome. 

Hey guys, been wondering what combos people have been finding work best between our artefacts, command traits, spells, etc. All of these would be stacked on a keeper, a few that stood out to me for just maximizing a few things were:

Invaders heal spam

Skin Taker (command trait) - If any models were slain by this general in the combat phase heal D3 wounds

Sinistrous Hand (weapon) - At the end of any combat phase in which any model was slain by this model heal D3 wounds, D6 if it killed a hero

Progeny of Damnation (spell) - heal D3 wounds, heal D6 if it is cast on a 10+

If you need more, Greenglade Flash (artefact, Ghyran) - Once per game heal D6

This would be vulnerable to single turn kills but could probably heal nearly all of his wounds each turn which could help generate a lot of DP.

Invaders CP spam

Glory Hog (command trait) - If any enemy units were destroyed in the combat phase by any means you receive 1 command point.

The Rod of Misrule (artefact) - Roll a dice. On a 1 you get 1 command point, 2-5 you get D3 command points, 6 you get D6 command points.

Supreme Sybalites (battalion) - Roll a dice at the beginning of your hero phase, if the result is equal to or less than the amount of heroes you have you get 1 command point.

Pretenders -1 hit spam

Living Whip (weapon) - Pick one monster within 6" on a 3+ pick one of it's melee weapons to be at -1 to hit

Monarch of Lies (command trait) - Choose one enemy hero withing 3" of this general, they are at -1 to hit for that phase

Gryph Feather Charm (artefact, Ghur) - All attacks are at -1 to hit the bearer and they get +1 to movement

If you manage to get this keeper in with a hero who is also a monster they could be at -3 to hit with a weapon of your choice and -2 on everything else. Also the -1 from the Living Whip and Monarch of Lies apply to the model itself not to your general which means all of your units in that immediate combat would benefit from it.

Godseeker movement spam

Thrill Seeker (command trait) - The general can run and charge, if they already can +3 to run rolls

Thermal Rider Cloak (artefact, Aqshy) - Bearer can fly and +4 move

Chromatic Cogs - +2 run and charge

Thundering Cavalcade (godseeks host ability) - +1 charge

This could give you a keeper of secrets who could have an 18" base movement with fly, auto run 6" with a command point, +2 to run with the cogs, and +1 for the host ability for a total of 26" across the board before his 2D6+3" charge all while flying over screening units.

I still have to play around with these and I know it'll likely be some combination of them I end up using rather than putting all my eggs in one basket but the extremes are fun to look at, and possibly build a fun list around.  Any other cool combos you've noticed?  What're all your thoughts and comments? Which ones do you think would perform the best in tournaments?

Edited by Browncoat89
  • Like 1

On 6/20/2019 at 5:40 AM, CB42 said:

It’s a relative value type of thing on the alpha strike - a Keeper of Secrets fighting twice has the potential to do 38 wounds (plus 6s explode into 2 hits), while 30 Daemonettes fighting twice has the potential to do 120 wounds (plus 6s explode into 3 hits). Obviously they’re not directly comparable like that, but killy hordes tend to be more efficient at dealing damage than behemoths.

I definitely agree with you that 30 Daemonettes can be better to activate twice in a lot of scenarios. I think that this would work best summoning them though with cogs cast, and maybe a godseeker army for a +3 to charge. This way you could summon them and only need to roll a 6 to charge them in the same turn at full strength for exploding 6's rather than risk them getting widdled down by certain armies that deploy well. Ultimately though I think one of the main differences is just personal preference and playstyle.

16 hours ago, SCW said:

@carnith how did the list actually perform 

it was definitely unoptimized. Meant to take against a player who played DoK but just had wahtever he had. He tried to cause me to have to run back to secure an objective with a vice leader, but out of the 10 attacks, he managed 7 wounds, but i saved 3 wounds with the 5+ fnp. Then when I ran into him into combat, I striked hard with taking out nearly 2 whole snake squads in my first turn. Being fast, and forcing your enemy to fight last is difficult, especially when the epitome gets 2 chances to stop combat.

My goal, as was from when the tome dropped, is to make creative lists and scale it back for players who bring unoptimized lists. I used a scaled back version of this list for a 3k 2v2 (1.5k a person) and had to mostly deal with 3k by myself while my seraphon partner didnt really do a whole lot.

41 minutes ago, carnith said:

@Enoby a question for you. You gave me an idea for snake beast men. My plan was melusai with scourge wings for tzaangor enlightened, but using thralls as bestigors by giving them different heads. How easy was it to replace the thrall heads? 

Thrall heads are very easy to replace; their necks are just a stump with their heads having a hole to fit into.