AoS 2 - Hedonites of Slaanesh Discussion

HERO

Okay, I took some advice and looked into playing around more with Endless Spells for my list, as well as consolidating my drops. Here's what I have so far:

Battle Regiment:

Lord of Pain (155)
*General - Feverish Anticipation
*Artefact - Oil of Exultation
Sigvald (265)
*General

Glutos Orscillion (475)

*General
10x Twinsouls (370)
*Battleline
5x Painbringers (160)
*Battleline
5x Painbringers (160)
*Battleline
5x Blissbarb Seekers (220)

Wheels of Excrutiation (100)

Mesmerizing Mirror (80)

Total: 1985/2000

I had to cut Dexcessa, the Shardspeaker, and a unit of Blissbarb seekers, but I think Sigvald and Glutos can make up for the lack of Melee firepower while still supporting other units, especially with Glutos' auras. Glutos is also a much better wizard, and can make use of endless spells to get some free DP to fill out the gaps in our army (of which there are many.) With this setup, I worry about only having the one unit of Seekers for quick fellas, and I worry about putting too many eggs in the metaphorical Glutos basket. Thoughts compared to my original idea? I absolutely love all of the mortals models, so I mostly just want to go based off of what I can play competently.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mcnuggs said:

Okay, I took some advice and looked into playing around more with Endless Spells for my list, as well as consolidating my drops. Here's what I have so far:

Battle Regiment:

Lord of Pain (155)
Sigvald (265)
*General

Glutos Orscillion (475)

*General
10x Twinsouls (370)
*Battleline
5x Painbringers (160)
*Battleline
5x Painbringers (160)
*Battleline

Mesmerizing Mirror (80)

I had to cut Dexcessa, the Shardspeaker, and a unit of Blissbarb seekers, but I think Sigvald and Glutos can make up for the lack of Melee firepower while still supporting other units, especially with Glutos' auras. Glutos is also a much better wizard, and can make use of endless spells to get some free DP to fill out the gaps in our army (of which there are many.) With this setup, I worry about only having the one unit of Seekers for quick fellas, and I worry about putting too many eggs in the metaphorical Glutos basket. Thoughts compared to my original idea? I absolutely love all of the mortals models, so I mostly just want to go based off of what I can play competently.

I’m really curious to see how you find Gluttos does. He’s so many points (probably a fair cost, we just lack so many models to start) and I worry he will be unable to make up for what we lose. So please do report back on what he does for you. 

Also in the same vein let me know about the Blissbarb Seekers, that’s certainly something I’m interested in trying. I really feel that reliable ranged DP generation will matter for us. 

You are a little “slow”, but you can summon cheap Seekers to make up for speed to get some fast objective grabbers if need be, but honestly once you start summoning in anything you’ll likely be taking the table in my experience anyways, so they might not be as needed as you feel. 

Lastly while Gluttos is a great wizard, and you’ll likely be summoning in Keepers to help with the casting; I’m not sure that two Endless Spells will be used as much once things get going, so I would consider dropping the Mirror if you can find something else to fit the list better with it, and the extra points and/or switching something out. But if you do stick with it I’m curious to see if it holds up and you find yourself using both often enough to justify their costs. That said the Wheels is amazing, and I doubt you’ll be sorry to have them in your list. 

It looks solid overall, and has a lot of similar elements to what I’m playing, so I think it’ll do you well. I’m really curious about Gluttos due to his cost; hopefully he really shows up for you and the cost isn’t the burden I fear. Let us know how some of your games go!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lurynsar said:

As pointed out I was wrong. Sorry!

No worries. I posted my comment like a day ago but for some reason it didn't get posted until today, must have been a browser brainfart. A little disappointing but it's not the end of the world; Blissbarbs are still pretty good (I put 7 wounds on Teclis last week with some superlative rolling, which is great because I hate Teclis more than any other model in the game). 

1 hour ago, Lurynsar said:

I’m really curious to see how you find Gluttos does. He’s so many points (probably a fair cost, we just lack so many models to start) and I worry he will be unable to make up for what we lose. So please do report back on what he does for you. 

Also in the same vein let me know about the Blissbarb Seekers, that’s certainly something I’m interested in trying. I really feel that reliable ranged DP generation will matter for us. 

You are a little “slow”, but you can summon cheap Seekers to make up for speed to get some fast objective grabbers if need be, but honestly once you start summoning in anything you’ll likely be taking the table in my experience anyways, so they might not be as needed as you feel. 

Lastly while Gluttos is a great wizard, and you’ll likely be summoning in Keepers to help with the casting; I’m not sure that two Endless Spells will be used as much once things get going, so I would consider dropping the Mirror if you can find something else to fit the list better with it, and the extra points and/or switching something out. But if you do stick with it I’m curious to see if it holds up and you find yourself using both often enough to justify their costs. That said the Wheels is amazing, and I doubt you’ll be sorry to have them in your list. 

It looks solid overall, and has a lot of similar elements to what I’m playing, so I think it’ll do you well. I’m really curious about Gluttos due to his cost; hopefully he really shows up for you and the cost isn’t the burden I fear. Let us know how some of your games go!

I have only played 1K games so far, as I'm building up my force. My 1K list is as follows:

Sigvald

Lord of Pain

5x Painbringers

5x Painbringers

5x Blissbarb Seekers

And quite frankly, as a list, it kinda sucks. I feel that our army, strangely enough, needs the 2k point limit to round itself out (thank you high costs.) However, I have noticed a few things:

1. Sigvald is my MVP at 1K. I love this model. I bring Lurid Haze basically just for this guy. Especially at low point costs, he turns enemy heroes/important units into PASTE. I managed to bring down a Maw Krusha with some focus fire from the Blissbarbs and Sigvald rolling a 10 to charge. Ouch. I'm not sure how he will fare at 2K points, but I love his model, lore, and he's won me more games than not, so he's an autoinclude for me.

2. Blissbarb Seekers do some serious work. I mainly compare them to two units: Slickblade Seekers and Blissbarb Archers. For a few more points, these guys give up 5 shots and a +1 to wound for a 14" move, 5+ save, 9 more wounds, mortal wound output, and a usable melee profile against enemy archers/war machines. I do not see a reason to take Archers when these guys exist. I also prefer them much above Slickblades, as the ranged damage is really important for farming DP. They also appear to do just as much, if not more damage than the Slickblades when you factor in ranged attacks, while having the same mount attacks/wounds/save. I love these things.

I am also really worried about investing into Glutos. I want to take him as an extra combat monster (although he lacks the keyword... so no bonus actions) and a reliable caster, but every list I make seems to be WAY more restricted. I also do not want to take the mirror, but with everything that I want in a list, I'm left with 95 points that I have no idea what to do with.

How has the Shardspeaker worked for you? I worry about taking an Endless Spell when I only have a Level 1 Caster with no bonuses, as well as the fact that she has to be so close to enemy units for her buff/debuff. I know she would be incredible against less mobile, melee armies, but I fear that she will get SQUASHED against superior magic/shooting.

Also, has anyone used Dexcessa? She appears to be very powerful with very little support, with her native -1 to hit, strong melee profile, ability to use a free CP for herself each turn, and the all-important Monster keyword for 280 points. Is she a bait, or have people seen success in their games?

Edited by mcnuggs
Added section about Dexcessa, didn't want to spam post
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, mcnuggs said:

How has the Shardspeaker worked for you? I worry about taking an Endless Spell when I only have a Level 1 Caster with no bonuses, as well as the fact that she has to be so close to enemy units for her buff/debuff. I know she would be incredible against less mobile, melee armies, but I fear that she will get SQUASHED against superior magic/shooting.

I fielded my Shardspeaker for the first time a few days ago and she was pretty great -- but not as a caster. 1 cast with no bonuses is super unreliable (I was against Syar LRL too, which made things worse), but her +1 to wound is really helpful, particularly when ensuring things like Keepers do the damage they're capable of (I can't tell you how often I whiff with their 3/3 claw attacks). I was fairly lucky she didn't draw the ire of my opponent's sentinels, but I guess he had bigger fish to fry. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mcnuggs said:

I've used a Shardspeaker recently and she's not bad, but don't really think of her like a caster - think of her as a way to get +1 to wound. She is overcosted, but most things in our army are. Getting a cast off is a bonus for her, but the +1 to wound is where her real value lies. 

That said, I wouldn't use her for our own endless spells. They're too unreliable to not be cast with with a bonus. You could take some of the cheap generic ones, but if you want to take one of ours you're going to want Glutos or the Contorted Epitome.

17 minutes ago, mcnuggs said:

Also, has anyone used Dexcessa? She appears to be very powerful with very little support, with her native -1 to hit, strong melee profile, ability to use a free CP for herself each turn, and the all-important Monster keyword for 280 points. Is she a bait, or have people seen success in their games?

I've used them quite a bit, and they've always done better than I thought. They're not quite equivalent to a Keeper, but because they're so much cheaper they bring all the usefulness of having a monster without dictating your lists.

First turn, they're best used to tag onto a support hero at the back, or to attack the side of some flanking unit. Their first turn charge and fly makes them very good assassins. They can't take a punch from anything big, so don't stick them into a full health Mawkrusha unless you'rd going along with friends. They're also very good at breaking faction scenery, so keep that in mind against some armies. 

They're kind of tricky to use, but you get the hang of them and they're very good. For example, charge into the side flanking cavalry, hope for Locus, and keep them in one place for a turn while damaging them (and taking very little in return); once it's your turn again, you can retreat from this cavalry and charge it with something else, or slow it down with Glutos. 

47 minutes ago, LeonBox said:

I fielded my Shardspeaker for the first time a few days ago and she was pretty great -- but not as a caster. 1 cast with no bonuses is super unreliable (I was against Syar LRL too, which made things worse), but her +1 to wound is really helpful, particularly when ensuring things like Keepers do the damage they're capable of (I can't tell you how often I whiff with their 3/3 claw attacks). I was fairly lucky she didn't draw the ire of my opponent's sentinels, but I guess he had bigger fish to fry. 

Did u win?

4 hours ago, mcnuggs said:

Battle Regiment:

Lord of Pain (155)
Sigvald (265)
*General

Glutos Orscillion (475)

*General
10x Twinsouls (370)
*Battleline
5x Painbringers (160)
*Battleline
5x Painbringers (160)
*Battleline

Mesmerizing Mirror (80)

You cant take more endless spells than wizards you have. So with only Glutos you can only bring one endless spell.

29 minutes ago, Drazhoath said:

You cant take more endless spells than wizards you have. So with only Glutos you can only bring one endless spell.

Oh yeah. Thanks for that. Because of what I want to take and funky points costs, I think I can rule Glutos out. I feel like his role can be filled by Dexcessa + Shardspeaker or Dexcessa + Contorted Epitome. The real question is, are the wheels worth it? I'm leaning towards the Epitome + Wheels, but if I take a Shardspeaker, I can sneak another unit of Blissbarb Seekers in. Is one unit enough? They've done some serious work for me, but I've yet to see what the Wheels can do. 

Also, I'm not sure how competitive this will be, but I actually think this list may have teeth (two versions of the list posted):

Slaanesh monster mash

Invaders 

(General) Keeper of Secrets, Skin Taker, Flaming Weapon, Amulet of Fate - 420pts

Dexcessa - 280pts

(General) Synessa - 260pts

Keeper of Secrets, Born of Damnation - 420pts

(General) Lord of Pain, Rod of Misrule - 155pts

5 Painbringers - 160pts

5 Painbringers - 160pts

5 Hellstriders with Clawspears - 135pts

Warlord battalion (Keepers as commanders, Syn and LoP as sub commanders, all troops in there)

1990/2000 points

Slaanesh monster mash 2

Invaders

(General) Keeper of Secrets, Skin Taker, Flaming Weapon, Amulet of Fate - 420pts

Dexcessa - 280pts

(General) The Masque - 135pts

(General) Shardspeaker, Rod of Misrule - 150pts

5 Hellstriders with Clawspears - 135pts

5 Hellstriders with Clawspears - 160pts

5 Twinsouls - 185pts

Warlord battalion like before

1995/2000

---

Both have the same general idea, and competitively speaking the bottom one is probably stronger, but they both have advantages and disadvantages over one another.

The key part of both lists is the Uber-Keeper. The idea is to cast flaming weapon on the swords and stick close to the other keeper for a double pile in.

The secret to their hypothetical success is Skintaker + Healyhand + Wardsave. So long as they kill something (which they should), they heal 2d3 a combat phase; if you're desperate, you can heal them 1d3 in both hero phases (and even spend born of damnation on them for another d3). It gives a potential healing output of 7d3 a round, but being honest you won't need this. Because of the ward save, every wound healed is 

With the fane, flaming weapon, and finest hour, our humble healing keeper does about 12.5 against a 3+, so 25 when piling in twice. 15 against a 4+

The shardspeaker + masque + hellstriders + twinsouls vs Synessa + LoP + painbringers is the biggest difference. Synessa has more utility with the ability to cast Hysterical Frenzy and Slothful Stupor on demand and the painbringers can hold a point better than hellstriders usually, but the Shardspeaker can provide a very nice +1 to wound to our keepers, hellstriders aren't bad, and the Masque can be used to tie up troublesome shooting units in later turns. Twinsouls are just an extra source of damage who don't need command points to hurt.

Dexessa is more there to flank or assassinate behind enemy lines. They do their job well.

An alternative may be Synessa for the Epitome to cast the flying spell on the keeper and get around screens. However, after they've cast that I think they'd end up twiddling their thumbs (claws?) unlike Syn who can do MWs from range and change up their spells.

Thoughts? 

Edited by Enoby
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Also, I'm not sure how competitive this will be, but I actually think this list may have teeth (two versions of the list posted):

Slaanesh monster mash

Invaders 

Dexcessa - 280pts

(General) Synessa - 260pts

(General) Lord of Pain, Rod of Misrule - 155pts

5 Painbringers - 160pts

5 Painbringers - 160pts

Warlord battalion (Keepers as commanders, Syn and LoP as sub commanders, all troops in there)

1990/2000 points

Slaanesh monster mash 2

Invaders

Dexcessa - 280pts

5 Twinsouls - 185pts

1995/2000

---

Both have the same general idea, and competitively speaking the bottom one is probably stronger, but they both have advantages and disadvantages over one another.

The key part of both lists is the Uber-Keeper. The idea is to cast flaming weapon on the swords and stick close to the other keeper for a double pile in.

The secret to their hypothetical success is Skintaker + Healyhand + Wardsave. So long as they kill something (which they should), they heal 2d3 a combat phase; if you're desperate, you can heal them 1d3 in both hero phases (and even spend born of damnation on them for another d3). It gives a potential healing output of 7d3 a round, but being honest you won't need this. Because of the ward save, every wound healed is 

With the fane, flaming weapon, and finest hour, our humble healing keeper does about 12.5 against a 3+, so 25 when piling in twice. 15 against a 4+

The shardspeaker + masque + hellstriders + twinsouls vs Synessa + LoP + painbringers is the biggest difference. Synessa has more utility with the ability to cast Hysterical Frenzy and Slothful Stupor on demand and the painbringers can hold a point better than hellstriders usually, but the Shardspeaker can provide a very nice +1 to wound to our keepers, hellstriders aren't bad, and the Masque can be used to tie up troublesome shooting units in later turns. Twinsouls are just an extra source of damage who don't need command points to hurt.

Dexessa is more there to flank or assassinate behind enemy lines. They do their job well.

An alternative may be Synessa for the Epitome to cast the flying spell on the keeper and get around screens. However, after they've cast that I think they'd end up twiddling their thumbs (claws?) unlike Syn who can do MWs from range and change up their spells.

Thoughts? 

I love both lists!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Enoby said:

Slaanesh monstet mash 2

Invaders

Dexcessa - 280pts

5 Twinsouls - 185pts

1995/2000

I prefer this list but have you considered allying in be'lakor rather than running the second keeper?  As be'lakor went down in points he is a more interesting ally and brings a lot more than a second (or probably the first sadly) keeper.  I would also run whip hellstriders over the clawspears, you are likely wanting to activate your heroes ahead of them in combat even if you did get the charge and this gives some utility to the list.  I also don't like the 5 man unit of twinsouls, they kind of just look like they are there to spend points and don't really match up with the rest of the list.

Still trying to find a list I like too here is an idea I want to try out -

Lurid Haze Invaders

Siggy - 265 General

Dex - 280

The Masque - 130 General

Exalted Chariot Herald - 265 Flaming Weapon, General, Lurid Haze stuff

2x5 Hellstriders+Whips 270

11 Blissbarb 180

10 Slickblades 460

The Dread Pageant 130

1985pts

Battle regiment + 1 drop

I don't like that the herald is stuck with the lurid haze requirements but I don't want to balloon my drops or take a hero I don't have any use for just to stick an artifact on them.  I know the pageant is a bit out of place but ranged depravity generation and they really are so much more efficient than anything else we have.

I also think 10 slickblades might be a way forward, units of 5 feels like an artifact of the seeker cavalcade now you are just giving the other player time to activate and hit them back and wasting the 2" reach they have.  While twinsouls with rerolls are better against most targets, slickblades (ignoring the pageant) still do better than anything else we have even witht he points increase.

Edited by Apinecone
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Apinecone said:

prefer this list but have you considered allying in be'lakor rather than running the second keeper?  As be'lakor went down in points he is a more interesting ally and brings a lot more than a second (or probably the first sadly) keeper.  I would also run whip hellstriders over the clawspears, you are likely wanting to activate your heroes ahead of them in combat even if you did get the charge and this gives some utility to the list.  I also don't like the 5 man unit of twinsouls, they kind of just look like they are there to spend points and don't really match up with the rest of the list.

I have thought about Belakor but with him over the other KoS, the first KoS couldn't pile in twice. Belakor is pretty decent, but I'm unsure if he'd bring more than the second pile in on the KoS (something to test) - I also don't own his model as I don't like his character :P

And yeah, good point on the hellstriders - I forgot they added their -1 to hit back. That said, I'm not sure when I'll want them charging as they will need to sit on objectives, and I think many opponent's force you to go first. This is something I'd have to try out over the course of a few games.

They are just in there to spend points, but I don't think we have a better unit for 190 points or less - there's not enough casting for reliable endless spells, and the heralds don't have great spells to just throw one in there. The Twinsouls were taken because they're reliable and still do very good damage in 5s.

A lot of this needs testing in game first, to be honest. Like a lot of Slaanesh, it's not really about the list building but rather how you use it in play. I could find the keepers terrible, but I own 3 so I may as well try make use of them :P

28 minutes ago, Apinecone said:

Lurid Haze Invaders

Siggy - 265 General

Dex - 280

The Masque - 130 General

11 Blissbarb 180

10 Slickblades 460

The Dread Pageant 130

1985pts

Battle regiment + 1 drop

This is an interesting list :)

I'm not sure how I find the chariot, but again this is probably just my experience with them - their 10 wounds and lack of defence often ends up with them chipped away or screened before being destroyed. And as they're kind of slow for us (10" move being frustratingly in the middle between first turn charge fast and just speedy) they can end up getting left behind. That said, I've not used them in 3rd and they definitely have more play there. 

Are the slickblades in a unit of 10, or two units of 5? I think, with new coherency and just board coverage and depravity in general, two units of 5 would be better

The dread pageant is an interesting take - they aren't too bad damage wise, but at the same time I don't know how much they bring. Though there's not much else you could take, in all honesty. It would be good if you had the 5 extra points to include a Shardspeaker over them as the +1 to wound could pull a lot of weight, but it seems like there's no real fat to trim off the list for this.

Do you think the one drop is worth it in this list? It looks like the list would be comfortable going first or second - that said, it's not like you can do much with a second enhancement. If you do want the rod of misrule for that CP generation, it might be worth trading the Dread Pageant for a Viceleader so they can hold it.

That said, like all lists, I think it'll be one you need to play first and see where the cracks show.

• Like 1

•  
  •  

Lurid Haze Invaders

Siggy - 265 General

Dex - 280

The Masque - 130 General

11 Blissbarb 180

10 Slickblades 460

The Dread Pageant 130

1985pts

Battle regiment + 1 drop

I like the List. But the Mask is 135 not 130 isn'it ?!

and 2 Units of Sickblades instat of 1 i really like more.

Here is the list I am working toward for a 2 day event in September as I lost all my battleline units I was using in my lists thanks (not) to the new coalition rule

Slaanesh Invaders

+++++++++++
Warlord battallion
1 extra enhancement (amulet of destiny)
1 extra cp once per battle

Keeper of secret 420
General
Command trait glory hog
Sinistrous hand
Progeny of damnation spell
Amulet of Destiny

Chaos sorcerer lord 115
General
Battle rapture spell
Rod of misrule

11 blissbarb archers 180 (BL)

+++++++++++++++++++
Dexcessa 280

+++++++++++++++++++

Hunters of the heartland battallion 1:
10 chaos knight w lance 340

5 slickblade seekers 230

++++++++++++++++++++

Hunters of the heartland battallion 2:

5 hellstriders 135 (BL)
Hellscourge
5 hellstriders 135 (BL)
Hellscourge

Endless spells:
geminids 80 cast on 6+
Aethervoid Pendulum 65 cast on 6+
Free  Triumph: inspiring (+1 to wound)

1980pts
39 models
110 wounds

The idea is to maximize command point generations and generate DPs quickly with predatory spells that the list can reliably cast

The loss of BL role for our S2D units mean I looked at chaos knights to replace my now shelved chaos warriors. With 2in lances, the coherency does not seem to be as much of an issue as I had  anticipated provided they face the ennemy hawkwardly sideways. They can tank and it s a good unit to charge /retreat if the unit survived /rally and charge again. Too bad they last euphoric killers

7 hours ago, mcnuggs said:

Honestly she’s been great. She has been picked out a few times which is sad, but it does make them focus her and put more into her than she’s worth. So I will likely continue to try her, especially with 10 Twinsouls. 

As to her and the Endless Spells it hasn’t been a problem. I summon it in turn 1, get my DPs and if they disbind it on their turn I just summon in a Keeper turn 2, and have them utilize it the following turns. Being able to summon in Wizards really allows me to find uses for the Endless Spell even after the Shardspeaker is done using it. 

Does anyone have any experience with Syll'Esske in the new edition? I thought they were quite mediocre in the previous edition but they didn't go up much in pts and gained in both damage output and durability, which could be the push for them to be actually quite efficient.

I'm envisioning them as second wave utility piece that sits fairly close to the screening units to provide buffs through casts & command abilities, which can reposition decently quickly to go after soft targets or counter-punch as needed.

Edited by Cambyses

1 hour ago, Cambyses said:

Does anyone have any experience with Syll'Esske in the new edition? I thought they were quite mediocre in the previous edition but they didn't go up much in pts and gained in both damage output and durability, which could be the push for them to be actually quite efficient.

I'm envisioning them as second wave utility piece that sits fairly close to the screening units to provide buffs through casts & command abilities, which can reposition decently quickly to go after soft targets or counter-punch as needed.

In some ways he's like a pocket Glutos with that battleshock immunity...I rate him pretty highly.

5 hours ago, Enoby said:

I have thought about Belakor but with him over the other KoS, the first KoS couldn't pile in twice. Belakor is pretty decent, but I'm unsure if he'd bring more than the second pile in on the KoS (something to test) - I also don't own his model as I don't like his character :P

And yeah, good point on the hellstriders - I forgot they added their -1 to hit back. That said, I'm not sure when I'll want them charging as they will need to sit on objectives, and I think many opponent's force you to go first. This is something I'd have to try out over the course of a few games.

They are just in there to spend points, but I don't think we have a better unit for 190 points or less - there's not enough casting for reliable endless spells, and the heralds don't have great spells to just throw one in there. The Twinsouls were taken because they're reliable and still do very good damage in 5s.

A lot of this needs testing in game first, to be honest. Like a lot of Slaanesh, it's not really about the list building but rather how you use it in play. I could find the keepers terrible, but I own 3 so I may as well try make use of them :P

This is an interesting list :)

I'm not sure how I find the chariot, but again this is probably just my experience with them - their 10 wounds and lack of defence often ends up with them chipped away or screened before being destroyed. And as they're kind of slow for us (10" move being frustratingly in the middle between first turn charge fast and just speedy) they can end up getting left behind. That said, I've not used them in 3rd and they definitely have more play there. 

Are the slickblades in a unit of 10, or two units of 5? I think, with new coherency and just board coverage and depravity in general, two units of 5 would be better

The dread pageant is an interesting take - they aren't too bad damage wise, but at the same time I don't know how much they bring. Though there's not much else you could take, in all honesty. It would be good if you had the 5 extra points to include a Shardspeaker over them as the +1 to wound could pull a lot of weight, but it seems like there's no real fat to trim off the list for this.

Do you think the one drop is worth it in this list? It looks like the list would be comfortable going first or second - that said, it's not like you can do much with a second enhancement. If you do want the rod of misrule for that CP generation, it might be worth trading the Dread Pageant for a Viceleader so they can hold it.

That said, like all lists, I think it'll be one you need to play first and see where the cracks show.

Even if you don't charge I would consider the whips a slight step up with their reach, even if the unit only exists to die it is nice to have the utility.  If you don't like be'lakor fair enough, I don't like how hard it is to field the keeper under these new points either but I guess we make do.  I think keeping a side on slaves for allies and coalition units could help us too.  I am adding be'lakor to be something I at least want to proxy at some point.

The exalted needs in game testing but there are not many threats I can swap them out for given how points are and they are one of the most efficient threats we have now.  Replacing them with be'lakor might work in this list but then I would need to somehow scavenge 80pts and fitting this much in was a real struggle.

As I said the pageant is the most efficient unit left in our tomb when it comes to damage, to the point where I feel you need to think why you are not taking them.

For the slickblades as I said before I think 2 units of 5 might be holding onto what used to work.  2 units of 5 gives me 2 units I need to activate in combat and more time for the other player to hit me back.  Slickblades also still have 2" so with a bit of drifting you should still get most of them into combat, they handle the new coherency rules better most.

You are right that I will need to test this list out, it is currently my favourite list idea so far.

4 hours ago, ibel said:

I like the List. But the Mask is 135 not 130 isn'it ?!

and 2 Units of Sickblades instat of 1 i really like more.

Yes mask is 135, just defaulted to the old points when typing it out but the total is calculated with the real points.  I addressed the seeker bit above but I think trying new ideas is needed there.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Enoby said:

I can see where he's coming from, assuming you get a healthy wrap around you only lose out on 2 seekers' tongue attacks, and for that low price you get twice as many glaive swings and more importantly one activation rather than two. They'd get shredded by a light breeze of ranged fire but I can see the benefits.