AoS 2 - Hedonites of Slaanesh Discussion

HERO

On 5/7/2020 at 6:27 PM, CeleFAZE said:

4. Run them in a Legion of Chaos Ascendant list. Since they have the daemonette keyword Belakor can bring back whole-model casualties.

Hopefully that gives you some ideas to start. I'd be happy to hear how any of those work out.

Is Be'lakor a good addition to Slaanesh or well,. is using Slaanesh and Be'lakor in the Legion of Chaos Ascendant a good option?  It has been a while (who knows how long during lockdown right? haha) since I read the slaanesh options but I recall being intrigued by them.

6 hours ago, Popisdead said:

Is Be'lakor a good addition to Slaanesh or well,. is using Slaanesh and Be'lakor in the Legion of Chaos Ascendant a good option?  It has been a while (who knows how long during lockdown right? haha) since I read the slaanesh options but I recall being intrigued by them.

I haven't tried it myself and don't have more than secondhand knowledge of the rules, so I can't say for sure on the legion. It seems pretty good, but you miss out on the exploding 6's to hit, which would be a pretty significant tradeoff. Be'lakor however I'm considering using as an ally in tournament lists for sure, mostly as insurance against CoS bridge lists in tournaments.

On 5/14/2020 at 4:57 AM, Popisdead said:

As an alliengence it's a totally different animal...

Trade 6s 2 hits for 6+fnp

Trade depravity points for summoning from any character if you can roll 10+ on 3d6 end of movement phase its certainly much simpler

Personally, the allegiance abilities of Chaos Ascendant are much worse than our own allegiance abilities - the biggest benefit is that we get to work with all other daemon types (which looks quite cool on the board).  However, losing out on depravity points, hosts, exploding 6s, locus of diversion, our expanded spell lores, free use of Slaves to Darkness, and partial use of Slaanesh Beasts of Chaos hurts a lot.   

On 5/20/2020 at 12:51 PM, Poddy said:

If I take the faultless blades. Do I still get all the previous pretender host bonuses as well?

Or do I have to pick one or the other? 

You get both, you are forced to pick the Faultless Blades artifact as your first artifact and command trait as your first trait. Then you proceed to pick secondary artifacts an traits from the battletome list as normal. You get all the benefits of both things, Faultless Blades is basically a specialization of Pretenders, more rules in exchange to be locked into that first artifact and trait.

1 hour ago, Heaven_lord said:

Hey, would like to play this list, I have two questions :

- is this list currently competitive ?

- which units should I buy for summoning purposes ?

thanks !

Screenshot_2020-05-24-21-43-48-30.jpg

It'll certainly do well, no doubt, but if you can, I'd suggest taking out the daemonettes for hellstriders and using the seeker cavalcade to save some points (you should save 110 from this, meaning you can afford supreme sybarites - not super useful in Pretenders, but gives you an extra artifact for your 3rd keeper). When used as battleline tax, may as well go with the cheaper option and summon on daemonettes on objectives later.

As a general question to ponder,  do Hedonites have an effective answer to shooting-heavy armies? Lurid Haze shenanigans seem promising, but I'm not sure they stand up to Tzeentch or KO  gunlines. Maybe hordes of cheap mortals? As much as I love daemonettes, they seem like they die a bit too easily for their price to be of much utility. I'm pretty sure a Pretender beatstick is out, since most of the newer armies can ice the souped-up Keeper before they even hit combat.  Seekers might make a decent tie-up unit id you can get the jump on the foe, but they're an expensive gamble.

Honestly? Best way to deal with a gun line with this book is to have as few drops as possible and make sure you get turn 1 with as much speed as possible. Epitome+Chronomatic Cogs is essential when half your army runs & charges. Go Godseekers for a further +1. You’ll have M+3D6+5. Keepers start at 14 so you have an average run & charge of 29” w/the general. Get another with the thermalrider cloak and you have M+2D6+9 for an average of 30”. Then hellstriders put em all into two battalions (Seeker cavalcade and the character one). Two drops, high mobility. 

That’s how I’d suggest handling a gun line. 

• Like 1

On 5/29/2020 at 12:49 PM, Poddy said:

This thread has been very quiet lately. Can anyone tell me the latest trends or Army lists that people are running? Is triple keeper still a thing? 

Probably quiet due to quarantine, meta cannot change while people is not playing the game. As far as i know, triple keeper is still the more powerfull strategy (or simply keeper spam in some variants that may start with two) and playing any other thing is taking a handicap on yourself. Is no longer the monster it was before, as the nerf of DP makes everything cost 50% more to summon, so the DP engine can be destroyed more easily, also there is OB Petrifex, shooty KO and DoT, and damage mitigation Seraphon (that can also build in a shooty fashion) who works as direct counters to our army while being fresh and extremely popular.

With the general's handbook 2020 being close, i got my expectations in some points adjustments for the non-hero less useful troops and even the low tier overcosted heroes. I hope for 10 to 20 points reduction in Daemonettes, Seekers, the small Chariots, Hellflayers, Viceleader, The Masque, maybe the Bladebringers in small chariot and hellflayer as well, basically everything that is underused in the base lists, while keeping the DP cost as they are. Then Fiends need a massive discount bigger than just 10 or 20 point, going down to 180 may be a good start, but i feel like they will still be overshadowed by the heroes, as they do the same job as a Keeper or Bladebringer on Exalted Chariot or Daemon Prince but wihtout generating DP, would like to see them down to 170 or even 160 so they actually see some play.

I understand that they designed the battletome with overcosted heroes because they generate DP, so you are effectively paying for 1.5 models instead of just 1. But for some reason they did this with the troops too, they are way more costly for their stats than similar options in the other armies (this arguably apply to our foot heroes too, before DP point nerf i understand why, but after the nerf there is no way a Viceleader can compensate the overcost with DP generation, meanwhile i look at Sylvaneth with more powerfull foot magicians and also summoning, and i see their heroes cost 80 points instead of 120) So i hope for troops discounts, maybe even a point cost nerf in the Keeper (Maybe even a discount in Shalaxi and Soulfeaster, we all know the OP part is the command ability on the regular Keeper) It may be too hard/impossible to change the meta of our lists just with that, but at least people would not be as punished to try new things or play some troop heavy lists in non competitive games.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Yoid said:

Probably quiet due to quarantine, 

It slowed down because HoS are no longer an 80% WR army.  You see a group of people who follow the latest.  I've seen people bounce from BoC to HoS to CoS and around.  Those people drive a lot of chatter good and bad.  After a while you get the people who love the army for what it is instead of how it dominates.

On another note, what are people using boob-snakes for?  I guess chariot steeds is a good option?  Maybe Fiends?  

Hey! 

Right now im building my first army to play aos. 

Im not really on a strict budget but dont want to spend to much money if i i wont play so much. 

So Right now i was thinking to put a deamonettes of slaanesh start collecting kit, 

Syll esske 

Herold of slaanesh

Daemon Prince 

30 + 30 deamonettes 

5 seekers 

And a mesmerising mirror to get 2030 points. 

Is it okay to start with? Or what should i start with? 

3 hours ago, Devilswar said:

Hey! 

Right now im building my first army to play aos. 

Im not really on a strict budget but dont want to spend to much money if i i wont play so much. 

So Right now i was thinking to put a deamonettes of slaanesh start collecting kit, 

Syll esske 

Herold of slaanesh

Daemon Prince 

30 + 30 deamonettes 

5 seekers 

And a mesmerising mirror to get 2030 points. 

Is it okay to start with? Or what should i start with? 

If you are on a budget I would suggest something like 2 Start boxes 5 Hellstriders and a Keeper and an Epitome..

Keeper of Secrets

The Contorted Epitome

Bladebringer on Exalted Chariot

Bladebringer on Seeker Chariot
(You can make 2 Exalted Chariots or 4 Seeker Chariots )

-
10x Daemonettes

10x Daemonettes

5x Hellstriders

-

5x Seekers

5x Seekers

Supreme Sybarite (battalion)

Seeker Cavalcade (battalion)

Extra Command point

This is exactly 2000pts on the nose :) And I think this gives a well rounded force from which you can expand with the units you find that you enjoy using. This advice is based on you having nothing and starting the army from scratch :) 

20 hours ago, Third said:

If you are on a budget I would suggest something like 2 Start boxes 5 Hellstriders and a Keeper and an Epitome..

Keeper of Secrets

The Contorted Epitome

Bladebringer on Exalted Chariot

Bladebringer on Seeker Chariot
(You can make 2 Exalted Chariots or 4 Seeker Chariots )

-
10x Daemonettes

10x Daemonettes

5x Hellstriders

-

5x Seekers

5x Seekers

Supreme Sybarite (battalion)

Seeker Cavalcade (battalion)

Extra Command point

This is exactly 2000pts on the nose :) And I think this gives a well rounded force from which you can expand with the units you find that you enjoy using. This advice is based on you having nothing and starting the army from scratch :) 

What if i dont want to buy another start collecting box and get something else? 

My favorit thing about warhammer is painting and to paint another bladebringer would make me want to strand face to face with slaanesh 😂😇

I looked at The daemon Prince, the syll esske, the masque and The infernal enrapturess. 

Are they any good instead of the bladebringer? 

You wrote in Extra command point, how does that work? 

On 6/1/2020 at 9:51 PM, Devilswar said:

What if i dont want to buy another start collecting box and get something else? 

My favorit thing about warhammer is painting and to paint another bladebringer would make me want to strand face to face with slaanesh 😂😇

I looked at The daemon Prince, the syll esske, the masque and The infernal enrapturess. 

Are they any good instead of the bladebringer? 

You wrote in Extra command point, how does that work? 

Get what you like 👍 
I made my suggestion based on getting something cool, but also getting it somewhat on the cheap.. I have pretty much all the models I want for Hedonites, and like them all (though Syll'Esske I like the least) :) 

The extra command point is that you have the option in Age of Sigmar matched play, to start with 1 extra command point if you pay 50pts when writing your list :)

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Popisdead said:

Do explain.  I own zero new KoS.  

What made the KoS so powerful was that it was almost always going to fight twice before the target. 

3+ locus is a risk of failure is pretty high

Relative to the new stuff it's one activation combat power is like 6/10, it's the second activation that put it's combat power up there

It's defence is poor at best, with a limited variety of defensive buffs, which you won't take because you want to maximize its ability to kill

It's also pretty expensive

Now if you are taking lots of hedonite units then the CMD ability is key. But if you are transitioning to a using Marauders or Chaos Knights the value of excess of slaughter decreases.

On the topic of bladebringers, i would like to hear so me thoughts on the viabilities of the regular seeker chariot herald in comparison to the exalted variety.

It lacks the output of the bigger chariot, but its also cheaper and has a nice gimick in retreat and charge. I would like to hear about other peoples experiences or oppinions on the various chariots and their usefulness before i commit to purchasing and painting multiples of them

Many thanks in advance.