Slickblade Seekers (230)**

Slickblade Seekers (230)**

CORE BATTALIONS:

*Battle Regiment

**Battle Regiment

TOTAL POINTS: (1965/2000)

Created with Warhammer Age of Sigmar: The App

thoughts???? Just want to get lots of summoning and hit hard first

Looks fun at least! I don't have the experience to say whether it is good or not, but squeezing those last few points might be worth it? Not easy, but upgrading the other Herald to Exalted? Not sure what to cut other than an entire unit... lol

So last year I was playing with an Archaon / Glutos list (and had fun doing so) but since he no longer has the Hedonite keyword to gorge on excess, I feel like dropping Glutos and going Lurid Haze with Sigvald instead, so came up with the below list which also includes a Cygor.

Spoiler

Allegiance: Slaanesh
- Host: Lurid Haze Invaders Host (Host of Chaos)
- Grand Strategy: Beast Master

Leaders
Archaon the Everchosen (860)*
Chaos Sorcerer Lord (135)*

- Mark of Chaos: Slaanesh
- Lore of Pain and Pleasure: Battle Rapture
Sigvald, Prince of Slaanesh (265)
- Host Option: General
Lord of Pain (155)*
- General
- Command Trait: Feverish Anticipation
- Artefact: Oil of Exultation

Battleline
11 x Blissbarb Archers (170)*
5 x Myrmidesh Painbringers (145)*
5 x Myrmidesh Painbringers (145)*

Behemoths
Cygor (125)*

Core Battalions
*Battle Regiment

Total: 2000 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 0 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 81 (+1 From artefact)
Drops: 2

It was a choice between having two more Painbringer units (Which is boring to me), a Twinsouls unit + Dread pageant, or the Archers and Cygor for better depravity generation. I think the Cygor could be good since if it unbinds a spell it deals a MW to the caster and we get a depravity from it, the ranged attack is also fairly nice especially if targeting a wizard and 125 pts for a 14 wound monster seems great to me.

I like the thought of making Sigvald fight back if he's taken down behind enemy lines using the updated "By My Will" command if Archaon can get close enough to give it.

I'm excited to try it out (whether it's any good or not I don't know) partly because I look forward to converting the Cygor into a giant Slaangor mutant using some spare keeper bits like the claws and the extra arms for Ghorgon.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Nagashfan said:

thoughts???? Just want to get lots of summoning and hit hard first

Looks great to me, with that amount of blissbarb seekers I imagine you should be able to achieve that goal fairly easy. Did you leave that points gap to try for the triumph? I am a fan of the chariot battleline idea and would like to try that sometime, mortals on charge are nice, being able to retreat and repeat if they survive: even nicer.

So, in the beginning of March, I have a 1k tournament to make my grand Slaanesh gameplay debut at. Which means I have about 1 month to get my list settled and painted. Working on the painting now, but figured I'd tweak the list a bit, still very uncertain on the subfaction/artifact/command trait...

Lord of Pain (General)

11x Blissbarb Archers
10x Symbaresh Twinsouls
5x Slickblade Seekers

That leaves me with 115 points left. Thinking maybe a Great Bray Shaman for a wizard and an alright warscroll spell. For summoning I have some Daemonettes, gonna try and have 30 ready by then, we shall see. Doubt I'll get a Keeper by then, but maybe some Seekers or Fiends to summon? I assume it'd be good to have a cheap character to summon as I only have 1 to capture points in that one mission...

4 hours ago, flamingwalnut said:

So, in the beginning of March, I have a 1k tournament to make my grand Slaanesh gameplay debut at. Which means I have about 1 month to get my list settled and painted. Working on the painting now, but figured I'd tweak the list a bit, still very uncertain on the subfaction/artifact/command trait...

Lord of Pain (General)

11x Blissbarb Archers
10x Symbaresh Twinsouls
5x Slickblade Seekers

That leaves me with 115 points left. Thinking maybe a Great Bray Shaman for a wizard and an alright warscroll spell. For summoning I have some Daemonettes, gonna try and have 30 ready by then, we shall see. Doubt I'll get a Keeper by then, but maybe some Seekers or Fiends to summon? I assume it'd be good to have a cheap character to summon as I only have 1 to capture points in that one mission...

The great bray shaman sounds. like a good idea. It gives you that 2nd hero you re considering summoning and since coalition beast of chaos  now come with the mark of Slaanesh, it s another gateway to summon from. With your faction terrain and the lord of pain you now have 3 points to summon from. 

For summoning seekers are good for their speed but they ll be equivalent to deamonettes on the turn they are summoned. Fiends are not worth investing into at the moment. Consider having an exalted chariot for summoning instead, they are a source of mortal wound the army lacks

• Like 1

I had to step away from the game for a bit (sadly missing LVO) but I have the opportunity to jump back in for a 2 day event later this month. It feels like the meta has shifted significantly over the last couple months, and I'm not sure what I should be planning for at this point.

I recently acquired 10 painbringers, which I want to work into my list somehow, but I'm struggling to find a good balance. I know at least one of the missions in the pack has effectively 40k objective secured for battleline, so I'm tempted to run a LoP general with 2x5 painbringers and 2x10 twinsouls, but with dragons and fulminators seeming to be the powerlist at the moment I feel like that will be a rough matchup.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nagashfan said:
Syll'Esske 👎🏻 Or 👍🏼

Syll'Esske is an odd piece. The spell is good, but less powerful now that unit champions can issue commands to their unit. What they suffer from is having a range of abilities that we can get from other sources with less "if then" requirements. I suppose there are worse beatstick heroes, but that's really the only thing about them aside from the command ability you can reliably count on. So not really 👍 or 👎 just 🤷‍♀️.

• Like 1

Syll'Esske is a bit of an oddball choice that so happens to be rare enough that even most Slaanesh players I face only know them as the 'double Depravity lads.'

The spell is mostly used to deny warscroll commands from heroes, i.e. Morathi, Idoneth Kings, etc, or shut down the tripling up of Mighty Destroyers from a single Megaboss, etc. It's definitely unreliable though, and has little use against some armies (Stormcasts) it's more of a nice to have than the defining aspect of the unit. 

Syll'Esske's value mostly comes from being a weirdly decent daemon beatstick that works perfectly as a flank charger; they are best suited charging the corner of an enemy unit to give you an aggressive Locus user, eating a few hits to trigger their two +1 buffs, then smacking stuff silly. 9 wounds with a 4+ isn't the best or the worst for the points you pay in terms of Slaanesh heroes, and they're fairly quick. 

The re-roll 1s thing is pretty simple to game if you catch on to its wholly within trigger condition, and it can be a very nice buff to have - it's just not so good when you consider that Slaanesh is one of the few armies that already gets easy access to re-roll 1s to-hit. 

Basically, they're a better hero choice on the merits of their warscroll than they were in the old book, but the current Syll'Esskan Host rules make them far less valuable as a lynchpin choice than before. Unfortunately, small foot heroes that do little besides fight aren't very good in the current meta as they just don't do enough to merit an investment in an age of gods and monsters, and that's why Syll'Esske (and the Viceleader outside summoning or being a cheap trait/artifact holder) isn't a meta choice. 

Edited by Jaskier
  • Like 4

So here's the list I'm considering:

- Host: Godseekers Host
 - Grand Strategy: Hold the Line
 - Triumphs: Inspired
LEADERS
Bladebringer, Herald on Seeker Chariot (190)*
- Lore of Slaanesh: Born of Damnation
Lord of Pain (155)*
- General
- Command Trait: Speed-chaser  
- Artefact: Arcane Tome  
- Lore of Pain and Pleasure: Battle Rapture
UNITS
5 x Myrmidesh Painbringers (145)*
22 x Blissbarb Archers (340)*
10 x Symbaresh Twinsouls (330)*
CORE BATTALIONS
*Battle Regiment
TOTAL: 1975/2000

It's kind of a weird list, but I wanted to make use of massed archers, twinsouls, and a couple units of painbringers. I'm a bit light on heroes, but honestly everything we have in that department is okay at best, and with the arcane tome and a caster I should have enough magic to matter in games where I'm not facing a magic-dom army (where honestly any amount of casting would be a waste to focus on).

General idea is to run in (literally) first turn and unload with 82 shots from the blissbarbs. Depending on my opponent this will either be to kill an early threat, soften a dangerous target for a first-turn charge by twinsouls (which is where godseekers is important), or to generate a huge amount of depravity out the gate. The myrmadesh will act as charge blockers for the blissbarbs, running in front to keep them safe, while the twinsouls will try and jump in first turn with rerolls if there's a good target, or help castle my firebase with their ward if they can't reach anything. Intention past that point is to basically keep defensively blocking for the archers while wheeling the shooty murdermass around to grab objectives as needed. Power in Numbers is one of the missions in the pack, and everything here is battleline thanks to the LoP as general. He'll take a mostly backseat role, supporting with command abilities and mystic shield, battle-rapture, or monster-mode for objectives. The bladebringer is there for acquiescence and another source of unbinds that can provide some mortal wounds opportunistically.

I'm honestly not sure how well it'll do, but I haven't really seen a list like this used, and as the only current Slaanesh player in the local meta I'm hoping I can bank on at least some opponents underestimating the tankiness and ranged potential I have.

One thing I am debating is whether or not to switch to lurid haze. This would give me some opportunity for setting up trickier avenues of attack with my blissbarbs and an extra +1 save command during combat, but would lose me the arcane tome. Basically amounting to a potential loss of mystic shield + acquiescence on the first turn in exchange for something that can still be countered with canny deployment and roar. Since I'm aiming for a fair amount of early depravity I'm rather hesitant to lose the significant statistical boost to charging after summoning too.

Any thoughts?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, CeleFAZE said:

Any thoughts?

The Idea is not Bad. The Blissbarb would come near enough Right but i dont think u get the Twins in Turn 1 in CC.

But jes Maybe Luzerad AND Sigvald instant of the second Twinstroup is a think. Maybe the Other Twinsoul is the Reaction of atacking Enemys on your Painbringers on turn 1.

But if u go against Shooting heavy List wat than? Or Dragoon Heavy List... or so.

just my 2 cent

4 minutes ago, ibel said:

The Idea is not Bad. The Blissbarb would come near enough Right but i dont think u get the Twins in Turn 1 in CC.

But jes Maybe Luzerad AND Sigvald instant of the second Twinstroup is a think. Maybe the Other Twinsoul is the Reaction of atacking Enemys on your Painbringers on turn 1.

But if u go against Shooting heavy List wat than? Or Dragoon Heavy List... or so.

just my 2 cent

Maybe this:;

Spoiler

- Mortal Realm: Ghur

Leaders
Bladebringer, Herald on Exalted Chariot (265)*
- Artefact: Oil of Exultation
- Host Option: General
Lord of Pain (155)*
- General
- Command Trait: Feverish Anticipation
Sigvald, Prince of Slaanesh (265)*

Battleline
- Reinforced x 1
- Reinforced x 1
- Reinforced x 1

Core Battalions
*Battle Regiment

Total: 1985 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 3 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 105
Drops: 1

21 hours ago, azdimy said:

I think when redeploying twinsouls they suffer for not being able to get rerolls nor 5+ ward not being on the board at the time you gain the ability turn 1

That's my thought when it comes to massed twinsouls. Our army has significant "skornergy" (anti-synergy) and twinsouls in lurid haze is a glaring example.

22 hours ago, ibel said:

Maybe this:;

Hide contents

- Mortal Realm: Ghur

Leaders
Bladebringer, Herald on Exalted Chariot (265)*
- Artefact: Oil of Exultation
Lord of Pain (155)*
- General
- Command Trait: Feverish Anticipation
Sigvald, Prince of Slaanesh (265)*

Battleline
- Reinforced x 1
- Reinforced x 1
- Reinforced x 1

Core Battalions
*Battle Regiment

Total: 1985 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 3 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 105
Drops: 1

Sigvald is definitely a consideration, however I've run Lurid Haze in this meta before, and the guys who I know will be my hardest competition are very strong with their deployment. That's also my concern when it comes to outflanking my blissbarbs, as I know they'll present targets that will be trades that allow for retaliatory charges no matter which way I go. As much control as it gives me in some ways it's a hard telegraph of intent baked into my list. As much as it gives more options the limitations in those options go one of three ways: the opponent blocks all 9" windows except for those that allow for wasted power or retaliation, I take an opportunity that will leave me overextended with a large number of points, or I get a golden shot to win the game early with a precise strike due to my opponent making a mistake.

The issue with any of those routes is it's a "win more" option. It doesn't shore up weaknesses or bolster my strengths in a way that allows me to win when I otherwise wouldn't. Whereas the +1 to charge gives me a statistical edge in summoning, without which I'm at a 25% chance at making a charge (43.75% with a reroll), and with the bonus it goes up to 40% (64% with a reroll). Considering daemonettes are summoned with full options that makes summoned daemonettes more likely to succeed a charge when summoned than not, which with our 1-per-turn limitation is critical to making our summons do things that can affect the game when we need them to.

Against dragons a 22-strong blissbarb unit, if it has either all-out-attack or acquiescence will kill a dragon per volley without defense buffs (part of why I want to run two units, you can only AoD one unit per phase). Then twinsouls will take out an unbuffed dragon on their own with rerolls, or a fair amount of wounds even with a 2+ save.

I won't pretend I'll be able to have more than an uphill fight against dragons, however I can do a fair amount of damage, and with good placement I can keep my blissbarbs safe using the myrmadesh with enough of a buffer zone. The problem is that we have no good options against dragons even if we were to build to counter them specifically. Slickblades can't put out enough damage and get wiped on the return swing, blissbarb seekers aren't able to maximize their MW output enough to deal damage that way, and 4+/4+'s on their bows hurts. They'd be better if the shardspeaker was a more reliable caster and less easy to snipe, but the limited range on the buff and the slow speed of her makes for a general lack of synergy to put the seekers on par with foot blissbarbs. Sigvald could be good, but with any defensive buffs he's going to bounce right off and get crumped in return.

I've written basically a novel here, but this has been my mental process trying to assemble a list. I don't know if I'm thinking too hard about this or not considering something obvious.

Edited by CeleFAZE
  • Like 1

I think the problem stormdrake guards bring to us is the same as Sons of behemat and nothing in our battletome provides a good answer to it. I m finding myself running belakor as an ally to work around it and the god characters for 1 turn and try to get ahead in VPs

Twinsouls in 10 can do some serious damage but with save stacking, they really need a pip of rend on their profile to be where they need to be

52 minutes ago, Nagashfan said:

We can still cast acquiescence multiple times right?

Jes. But for ReRoll 1 i think Epitome is some sort of better.

16 hours ago, CeleFAZE said:

The issue with any of those routes is it's a "win more" option. It doesn't shore up weaknesses or bolster my strengths in a way that allows me to win when I otherwise wouldn't. Whereas the +1 to charge gives me a statistical edge in summoning, without which I'm at a 25% chance at making a charge (43.75% with a reroll), and with the bonus it goes up to 40% (64% with a reroll). Considering daemonettes a

… jes many thinks u write are Right and Show big Sort of Problem in ure BT.

1 minute ago, azdimy said:

Rend 3 on Slaangor makes a lot more sense considering the lore. Too bad this is only with the Beast of chaos allegiance

Every time I think of Slaangors, I get more frustrated. It's a nice buff in BoC, but even then, they don't benefit from the breyherd stuff so no one would ever take them; they're basically worse minotaurs. 

I am just baffled by the idea that the rules writers okay'd their rules. Like, surely someone must have noticed how poor they were? 

Even if you give them +1 rend and damage (putting them at 3 4/3/-2/2), they're about as good as (non-buffed) minotaurs, which aren't considered good. 

It's baffling. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Enoby said:

Every time I think of Slaangors, I get more frustrated. It's a nice buff in BoC, but even then, they don't benefit from the breyherd stuff so no one would ever take them; they're basically worse minotaurs. 

I am just baffled by the idea that the rules writers okay'd their rules. Like, surely someone must have noticed how poor they were? 

Even if you give them +1 rend and damage (putting them at 3 4/3/-2/2), they're about as good as (non-buffed) minotaurs, which aren't considered good. 

It's baffling. 

There has to be balance in the Force, for every Fulminators or Stormdrake Guard warscroll there has to be a Slaangors one to even things out :D 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

So I'm toying with a 1k point list to dip my feet into finally trying out Slaanesh, and I'm thinking that the following might be good to give me a bit of speed to get objectives and at least some punch. Though It is low on models and there's nothing to really be all that tough. Any suggestions on how this might fare?

- Grand Strategy: Sever the Head
- Triumphs:
Shardspeaker of Slaanesh (150)
- General
Sigvald, Prince of Slaanesh (265)
11 x Blissbarb Archers (170)
5 x Hellstriders with Claw-spears (135)
5 x Slickblade Seekers (230)

Total: 950 / 1000
Reinforced Units: 0 / 2
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 52
Drops: 5

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Lightbox said:

*snip*

I've played something like this in Lurid Haze and it did decently well, though I used a Lord of Pain over a Shardspeaker and Twinsouls over Hellstriders for some extra punch.

It worked well when Sigvald went into the same thing as the Slickblades (whatever their nastiest thing is). Was a fun list to use though :)

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Enoby said:

I've played something like this in Lurid Haze and it did decently well, though I used a Lord of Pain over a Shardspeaker and Twinsouls over Hellstriders for some extra punch.

It worked well when Sigvald went into the same thing as the Slickblades (whatever their nastiest thing is). Was a fun list to use though :)

Yeah having looked over the lord of pains warscroll again he does seem like a decent hero for 1k, being somewhat survivable and having a nice little command ability buff. And with him unlocking the battleline twinsouls I can see why you went with it.

How swingy did you find sigvald and the slickblades? My main concern, especially with the slickblades, is whiffing in combat a lot and then getting curbstomped by whoever I charged. I presume the reasoning behind sending Siggy and the slicks into combat together was to help mitigate that?