AoS 2 - Hedonites of Slaanesh Discussion

HERO

Dexcessa damage table assuming you use the free CA on self rerolling ones.

She eventually reach the sweet spot, at +2 attacks (hopefully turn 3) she start hitting like a non-degrading unit of Slickblades, and become even better later.

Dexcessa 1.jpg

Dexcessa 2.jpg

Dexcessa 3.jpg

Dexcessa 4.jpg

Dexcessa 5.jpg

• Thanks 4

I'm wondering if it's better to think of the twins as a single model for narrative purposes. Imagine this warscroll:

Screenshot_20210529-111841_Chrome.jpg.72ed3b4f5e1704a86a3e1b21d7d1f3e2.jpg

If this was 540 points and only a single model, would we be happier with it, at least from a narrative standpoint? Obviously the translation isn't 1:1 when combining the scrolls, with benefits and negatives to combined and separate, but it's close.

5 hours ago, Yoid said:

Dexcessa described as a Greater Daemon in today WarCom article, despite not being a Greater Daemon in the warscroll...

This.

10 wounds is better than 9, but worse than a KoS. Some good things. Lots of bad things. Model looks good but will I field one often? Doubtful.

Not something I'll be adding to my HoS force.

So I bit the bullet and got two, I can see uses, especially with Dex + KOS with Swift and deadly in Godseekers to just generate D3+1 DP a turn! Syn may get some use in my HOS but will definitely get some use in my LOFP force!  

• Like 1

The warscroll is rather dissapointing in it's scope considering the lore behind them, I was honestly expecting a lot more.

Having said that, with what we have they dont seem bad and I can see people at least playing them for more than just the models (Which are stunning). When I have finished my backlog of daemonettes I will pick them up.

• Like 1

I'll be trying the twins today in an AoS 3 style list (e.g. no battalions)

Lurid Haze

Dexcessa (general)

Synessa

Keeper, Lurid Haze Artifact (to fane)

Contorted Epitome (general), Rod of Misrule

Battleline

5 Chaos warriors

5 Chaos warriors

5 Chaos warriors 

11 Blissbarb archers 

Other

6 fiends 

Endless spells

Chronomatic Cogs

Dreadful visage 

Probably not the best list, but I want to test it. I'll do a write up after the game

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Enoby said:

I'll be trying the twins today in an AoS 3 style list (e.g. no battalions)

Lurid Haze

Dexcessa (general)

Synessa

Contorted Epitome (general), Rod of Misrule

Battleline

5 Chaos warriors

5 Chaos warriors

5 Chaos warriors 

11 Blissbarb archers 

Other

6 fiends 

Endless spells

Chronomatic Cogs

Dreadful visage 

Probably not the best list, but I want to test it. I'll do a write up after the game

Very interested to know how it turns out. I may run a Keeper as one of the twins (or two Keepers as both) next week, since their bases are basically the same size. 

Edited by LeonBox
Typo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MothmanDraws said:

Oh cool so we get an universe lore reason why the twins suck

Hide contents

They lose in the book to the two random witch hunters

Wow. That's both insane and not all that surprising. Team Slaanesh! 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MothmanDraws said:

Oh cool so we get an universe lore reason why the twins suck

Reveal hidden contents

They lose in the book to the two random witch hunters

Unfortunately quite typical GW writing - hoped AoS would be better than this, but you see it tonnes in 40k (Avatar of Khaine being the best example).

Worst thing you can be in Warhammer is immortal - drastically increases your chance of losing :P

But I'll reserve further judgement until reading the actual story. 

We're never going to be the heroes. The AoS team isn't afraid to kill off the baddies (or humble them with a series of defeats). Death suffer from this as well cause, well, they have to lose otherwise there is nothing left to fight over or a world to "live" in. Their win would be extremely final. Which is why I think SBGL became a thing since they now they have multiple antagonists with different self-interests instead of an increasingly more powerful god of death.

Note, I haven't actually read Kragnos yet so I'm just speaking general. However, the good thing with immortality is you can keep on keeping on.

As for the rules, I think they're interesting in different ways. It is true that Synessa only gets a single cast with no bonuses but on the flip side, the toolbox it brings is huge. I really dig its shooting attack since is very reliable for MWs and big threat range 12" + 18". With Pavane it also adds to the ability to snipe fast characters. The ability to throw out command abilities anywhere could be game-changing. Not having to be right in the face of the enemy also means it acts as another summoning point (it is also a good DP generator).

Dexcessa is a character who really can snowball into a combat monster. Plus, also got utility + extra mobility options.

I'm not blown away by them but I can see potential. Both having an innate -1 to hit takes the edge off many shooting attacks too. Reasonable for their cost but I would have liked something like Synessa either being a two cast or its spell cannot be unbound/is auto-cast. Dexcessa got more flavour and reflects an increasingly violent whirlwind really well whereas Synessa is missing an edge in its casting ability (great utility piece though).

• Like 2

Wait, Slaanesh ISNT the good guy, just trying to let everyone party until those tight-wad pointy ears locked him up for throwing the best college rager that ended up having a couple of the guests “accidentally” getting thrown on the grill when the ribs ran out?

sheesh, I’ve been forging the narrative incorrectly, apparently. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Enoby said:

Do you lose the extra wound when you sacrifice the lurid  haze artefact to the fane?

I will be trying the twins in a list later today as well but in a mostly mortal list so we ll see

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, azdimy said:

Do you lose the extra wound when you sacrifice the lurid  haze artefact to the fane?

I will be trying the twins in a list later today as well but in a mostly mortal list so we ll see

Yes, you lose the wound because the artifact is gone. 

• Like 1

Synessa damage chart in mele.

She deal an average of 2'16 MWs with the shooting attack vs 4+ save.

Total damage in your turn with shooting + mele vs 4+ save is 2'78 + 2'16 = 4'94.

Single spell cast wihtout bonus is totally unreliable (half the times you fail the cast, half the times you actually cast is gonna be dispel) so im not gonna count any damage spell for this one.

She seriously need something extra to hit the mark. Maybe 3.0 CAs make her ability more relevant.

Synessa.jpg

Edited by Yoid

Just saw the scrolls and points, pretty disappointing rules. I'm surprised the models are cheaper than a keeper, I expected them to be around the same, but that's at least one bullet dodged. Really shocking that they are weaker and cheaper than a keeper in game as well. Synessa especially is baffling. She has access to 19 spells but shes a single cast wizard. She can cast Pavane globally but its a 7+ CV and she has no +cast. And what the heck is that warscroll spell!? Its hero only, its 3" range and you need to beat their bravery on 3D6 for +1 to hit! Did they have an in-house competition on who could write the worst spell imaginable, put it on the warscroll as a joke and forgot to change it? 

Fighty-boy is a bit better at least. He needs to rush into combat to start stacking his buff and hes made of glass so he will rarely reach crazy damage. Maybe he has some potential when paired with a kipper to protect him and make him go twice. Hes warscroll is a bit bare bones though.

Trying to stay positive but really hoped that these would fill some of the gaps in the army and they are just so lacking. Even with point decreases their warscrolls are still very luke-warm. At least the models are gorgeous. I want to believe that GW is trying to stay away from power creep and lower the general power level of armies, but then Kroak is in the same book and is even more busted than ever with a pretty modest pts increase.

Edited by umpac
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, umpac said:

Just saw the scrolls and points, pretty disappointing rules. I'm surprised the models are cheaper than a keeper, I expected them to be around the same, but that's at least one bullet dodged. Really shocking that they are weaker and cheaper than a keeper in game as well. Synessa especially is baffling. She has access to 19 spells but shes a single cast wizard. She can cast Pavane globally but its a 7+ CV and she has no +cast. And what the heck is that warscroll spell!? Its hero only, its 3" range and you need to beat their bravery on 3D6 for +1 to hit! Did they have an in-house competition on who could write the worst spell imaginable, put it on the warscroll as a joke and forgot to change it? 

Fighty-boy is a bit better at least. He needs to rush into combat to start stacking his buff and hes made of glass so he will rarely reach crazy damage. Maybe he has some potential when paired with a kipper to protect him and make him go twice. Hes warscroll is a bit bare bones though.

Trying to stay positive but really hoped that these would fill some of the gaps in the army and they are just so lacking. Even with point decreases their warscrolls are still very luke-warm. At least the models are gorgeous. I want to believe that GW is trying to stay away from power creep and lower the general power level of armies, but then Kroak is in the same book and is even more busted than ever with a pretty modest pts increase.

One thing I will add is that the range of the warscroll spell is made irrelevant by the fact that it can be cast anywhere on the field. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, LeonBox said:

One thing I will add is that the range of the warscroll spell is made irrelevant by the fact that it can be cast anywhere on the field. 

And it’s to hit. Not to hit in combat. Hello triple soul grinder shots from a distance? Cast it on a hero and watch them get deleted by shooting. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LeonBox said:

And being able to cast it anywhere becomes irrelevant because it cannot be reliably cast in any way or form XD. The 1 in 3 times you actually succeed in the casting value and the enemy fails to dispel, be ready to cry while you roll below the enemy hero bravery with 3d6. Is like 3 times having a 40% chance of failling in a row just to get your one single spell into working.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LeonBox said:

Good point, but this only adds to the wierdness of the spell. Why not give the spell infinite range instead of having it as a special rule? For the insanely rare situation where other can steal the spell and that way make it useless for the opponent? Gonna try building some lists after I mentally processed their warscrolls and try them out by proxying or playing TTS. I'm trying to keep an open mind about them but Im struggling. Maybe they surprise me on the table.

2 minutes ago, Yoid said:

And being able to cast it anywhere becomes irrelevant because it cannot be reliably cast in any way or form XD. The 1 in 3 times you actually succeed in the casting value and the enemy fails to dispel, be ready to cry while you roll below the enemy hero bravery with 3d6. Is like 3 times having a 40% chance of failling in a row just to get your one single spell into working.

Yeah it make the SBGL lore of vampires look top tier. Its truly an atrocious spell. Thankfully she has plenty of other stuff to cast, but a lot of the Slaanesh spells have strangely high CV for an army with almost no +cast.