AoS 2 - Hedonites of Slaanesh Discussion

HERO

It seems to me that as the new armybook is diffrent from the old one and we got a couple of new units (specially mortals) it lot to think about and so far I guess not all has yet fallen into place. But I really do like the sounds of that its a fun army. Because i´m looking for something that si both fun for me and for my opponent. I hate it when you meet an army that you allready from the start know that you will lose, and lose big even. A fun army together with all the new wonderful miniature sounds great. Then I can agree that it sounds that GW still need to check in on some things, like points, but I think a lot will change when AoS 3.0 will come. So better way and see what happends there.

I know in 40k some armies had a very high price in 8:ed got few or hardly any points increase when 9:ed came (like custodes). Something similiar could happend to us. We get few points increase and the rest get higher in price (or who knows, pehaps everyone will go down in price, only GW knows at this point, luckly it´s only 30 days left until new edition).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ulfast said:

It seems to me that as the new armybook is diffrent from the old one and we got a couple of new units (specially mortals) it lot to think about and so far I guess not all has yet fallen into place. But I really do like the sounds of that its a fun army. Because i´m looking for something that si both fun for me and for my opponent. I hate it when you meet an army that you allready from the start know that you will lose, and lose big even. A fun army together with all the new wonderful miniature sounds great. Then I can agree that it sounds that GW still need to check in on some things, like points, but I think a lot will change when AoS 3.0 will come. So better way and see what happends there.

I know in 40k some armies had a very high price in 8:ed got few or hardly any points increase when 9:ed came (like custodes). Something similiar could happend to us. We get few points increase and the rest get higher in price (or who knows, pehaps everyone will go down in price, only GW knows at this point, luckly it´s only 30 days left until new edition).

I've found it a very fun army - I do believe their are some issues with it, especially points, but I have had three battletomes in AoS 2 (Slaanesh 2019, Slaves to Darkness, Slaanesh 2021), and this is the one I've had the most fun with by far. Old Slaanesh was far too strong and restrictive, Slaves to Darkness has (imo) really dull warscrolls that do tiny damage even when buffed except marauders and Archaon/sixth circle, and 2021 Slaanesh mostly just has a points issue. Maybe I have a lot bar, but I really enjoy being able to use most of my units semi effectively, and all of the units (bar Slaangors) feel like they should narratively (unlike S2D).

Rumour: I heard a rumour on Twitter; they could have been lying and they have 0 evidence, and personally it sounds unlikely to me, but if they're telling the truth then Slaangors are getting a rewrite in BR: Kragnos. 

Initially it didn't seem right at all because, publishing wise, they wouldn't have had the chance to change their minds and republish the book between HoS2021 and BR Kragnos. But from a different perspective, if there was internal debate in the rules team about Slaangors, they could have said "release a placeholder for now, we'll come back to them with the twins". 

The source is apparently someone who predicted our 2021 release and vampire centaurs, so if the whole thing isn't just made up then they sound reliable

• Like 1

On 5/16/2021 at 8:15 AM, azdimy said:

My experience with the new summoning is that it is well countained and cannot really be abused.

On 5/16/2021 at 8:47 AM, Enoby said:

I agree here to be honest. While I've not had a bad time with the army yet, I think the once per turn limit on our summoning and when we get points is already a self limiting enough that it can't be abused at the current values. 

Gonna have to disagree. I've had 3 of 11 games where I could have summoned 90 daemonettes over the course of 4 turns. (I didn't because I only have 30) Only in 2 games did I struggle to get a lot of points and that was against an invulnerable Tzeentch Archaon (see below) build and the other I died so quickly that I couldn't summon(also see below). I do use lots of cavalry (hellstriders), but still. I'm not even going for depravity points. ... I just happen to hit enough like a wet noodle to not kill stuff. Almost all of my games have been extremely close where we're both running out of gas when the appearance of 30 daemonettes seals their doom.  Most of the time. I usually can make two twelve point summons over four turns. (We're pretty tournamenty so speed is rarely an issue for us.) When compared to the broken problems of top armies, it's not even a blip, but I want us to walk in with our eyes wide open to the potential problem. 

I think our stuff is too expensive. I want points drops on most of our stuff, but I think it's dangerous to do so without consideration of our most powerful ability. I'm not worried about more painbringers and twinsouls. I'm concerned about it just freeing up points to spam out what ever our "best" units are. (Most likely archers and/or slickblades) Of course if the rumor on limiting the number of the same unit in an army are true, then it won't be much of an issue. Standard, "Wait until 3rd edition + general's handbook" jazz.

Enough of that. Who wants to hear some abridged battle reports?!

Spoiler

First battle I fought what I'm informed is the one of the tzeentch net lists. Archaon + Kairos and a possy of buffing wizards and screamers. On top of that there's an endless spell that does damage for every wizard and endless spell nearby. I brought 60 marauders and 10 horsemen plus some slickblades and a keeper. It was the mission where you remove an objective if you go second. My game plan was to avoid Archaon and kill his buffing/objectives crew. Steal objectives and try not to die. He set up in the center and I did a line with the slickblades on the flanks.

Turn 1 I had him go first where he moved up and buffed Archy. In response I screened Archy and went for his numbers/screens. Great success, I took like 1 wound on  a slickblade for 20 cultists types. I also dropped marauders on his backfield to be menacing. Turn 2 and he won the roll off He dropped screamers on the flanks and retook his side objectives while archy hit my central marauders. Surpisingly, for 2 command points, they survived and held the objective. The keeper got spell nuked by kairos and that endless spell I mentioned. He and some screamers tried to stay close to Archy and charged a slickblade unit. They failed battleshock but did about half of Kairos' health. On my turn I charged Kairos with slickblades and retook my right flank while keeping Archy screened. He lost most of his support units while I continued to hold more points. Archaon slowly wiped out my army with a gang of screamers going for objectives, but I continued to retake them just as fast. Mostly.

Battle 2 was against a gloomspite troll army and I took a chariot focused list. Exalted and normal chariot heroes with 2 normals, 4x5 hellstriders, 2x5 slickblades, and a unit of fiends for fun. All in lurid haze to help the chariots survive long enough to do multiple charges. (spoiler, it didn't  work) The net result of the battle was I'd sneak around and charge the trolls only to bounce off and die in return. Rinse and repeat. Only the fiends and 1 of the 2 slickblades managed to almost kill units of trolls. I was wiped out by turn 3. R.I.P.

Battle 3 was against Teclis lumineth. He didn't have really any screens which was odd, but he did have 30 archers in center with Teclis and 2 sets of kangaroos (even though they look like furry gallymimus) on the flanks. I took the sam list and piled onto the start line. I had to make my opponent sweat early or perish.

I hit his front rank pretty hard. I killed 25 or so archers, a unit of kangaroos on one flank while the other I whiffed and got a stalemate. On his turn I took something like 17 mortals from Teclis. Nothing that wasn't survivable. He killed a chariot, a total of 8 hellstriders and multiple injuries for 4 wounds on his named regent. If I won the roll off I could take out Teclis pretty reliably and the game would have been mine. So he got the double and repeated the process. I lost 4 slickblades and a fiend for nothing in return. My turn I took both of his objectives again and tried to kill his hero blob (not Teclis) while I dropped 30 daemonettes towards him. Unfortuntely both chariots couldn't manage 5 wounds on the cathaler and the nettes failed their charge. 4 roos for a fiend. He also  made it so my second slickblade unit couldn't do anything (happens every time I fight lumineth. The "you're not allowed to play" army) He won roll off again and took both objectives and continued to pelt me with mortal wounds. I was down to 4 slickblades unable to move, 1 fiend and 3 wounds between 2 chariots with 8 hellstriders, and 30 daemonettes VS Teclis a regent, 4 spear guys, 1 roo, and a balista. He wiped the fiends and chariots and teleported the balista (that we also failed to kill) onto my empty objective and left 1 strider on an objective that he took with Teclis. My turn and the slickblades still couldn't do anything but watch him score points but it was time for the daemonettes to get Teclis. I also summoned 10 more to take the balista objective back. Unfortunately Teclis was left on 4 wounds and the 10 daemon unit failed the charge. Not enough. Turn roll off time. I win this, I win. He wins it and I'm a goner. So, of course, he wins it and the game. :P

Have a good week everyone!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

It sounds intersting that finding the points to summon is not to hard. I like that. 

Also thanks for the reports. Sounds like some thought battles but several that could have gone your way with a bit of mroe luck.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheArborealWalrus said:

Gonna have to disagree. I've had 3 of 11 games where I could have summoned 90 daemonettes over the course of 4 turns. (I didn't because I only have 30) Only in 2 games did I struggle to get a lot of points and that was against an invulnerable Tzeentch Archaon (see below) build and the other I died so quickly that I couldn't summon(also see below). I do use lots of cavalry (hellstriders), but still. I'm not even going for depravity points. ... I just happen to hit enough like a wet noodle to not kill stuff. Almost all of my games have been extremely close where we're both running out of gas when the appearance of 30 daemonettes seals their doom.  Most of the time. I usually can make two twelve point summons over four turns. (We're pretty tournamenty so speed is rarely an issue for us.) When compared to the broken problems of top armies, it's not even a blip, but I want us to walk in with our eyes wide open to the potential problem. 

I think our stuff is too expensive. I want points drops on most of our stuff, but I think it's dangerous to do so without consideration of our most powerful ability. I'm not worried about more painbringers and twinsouls. I'm concerned about it just freeing up points to spam out what ever our "best" units are. (Most likely archers and/or slickblades) Of course if the rumor on limiting the number of the same unit in an army are true, then it won't be much of an issue. Standard, "Wait until 3rd edition + general's handbook" jazz.

Hide contents

First battle I fought what I'm informed is the one of the tzeentch net lists. Archaon + Kairos and a possy of buffing wizards and screamers. On top of that there's an endless spell that does damage for every wizard and endless spell nearby. I brought 60 marauders and 10 horsemen plus some slickblades and a keeper. It was the mission where you remove an objective if you go second. My game plan was to avoid Archaon and kill his buffing/objectives crew. Steal objectives and try not to die. He set up in the center and I did a line with the slickblades on the flanks.

Turn 1 I had him go first where he moved up and buffed Archy. In response I screened Archy and went for his numbers/screens. Great success, I took like 1 wound on  a slickblade for 20 cultists types. I also dropped marauders on his backfield to be menacing. Turn 2 and he won the roll off He dropped screamers on the flanks and retook his side objectives while archy hit my central marauders. Surpisingly, for 2 command points, they survived and held the objective. The keeper got spell nuked by kairos and that endless spell I mentioned. He and some screamers tried to stay close to Archy and charged a slickblade unit. They failed battleshock but did about half of Kairos' health. On my turn I charged Kairos with slickblades and retook my right flank while keeping Archy screened. He lost most of his support units while I continued to hold more points. Archaon slowly wiped out my army with a gang of screamers going for objectives, but I continued to retake them just as fast. Mostly.

Battle 2 was against a gloomspite troll army and I took a chariot focused list. Exalted and normal chariot heroes with 2 normals, 4x5 hellstriders, 2x5 slickblades, and a unit of fiends for fun. All in lurid haze to help the chariots survive long enough to do multiple charges. (spoiler, it didn't  work) The net result of the battle was I'd sneak around and charge the trolls only to bounce off and die in return. Rinse and repeat. Only the fiends and 1 of the 2 slickblades managed to almost kill units of trolls. I was wiped out by turn 3. R.I.P.

Battle 3 was against Teclis lumineth. He didn't have really any screens which was odd, but he did have 30 archers in center with Teclis and 2 sets of kangaroos (even though they look like furry gallymimus) on the flanks. I took the sam list and piled onto the start line. I had to make my opponent sweat early or perish.

I hit his front rank pretty hard. I killed 25 or so archers, a unit of kangaroos on one flank while the other I whiffed and got a stalemate. On his turn I took something like 17 mortals from Teclis. Nothing that wasn't survivable. He killed a chariot, a total of 8 hellstriders and multiple injuries for 4 wounds on his named regent. If I won the roll off I could take out Teclis pretty reliably and the game would have been mine. So he got the double and repeated the process. I lost 4 slickblades and a fiend for nothing in return. My turn I took both of his objectives again and tried to kill his hero blob (not Teclis) while I dropped 30 daemonettes towards him. Unfortuntely both chariots couldn't manage 5 wounds on the cathaler and the nettes failed their charge. 4 roos for a fiend. He also  made it so my second slickblade unit couldn't do anything (happens every time I fight lumineth. The "you're not allowed to play" army) He won roll off again and took both objectives and continued to pelt me with mortal wounds. I was down to 4 slickblades unable to move, 1 fiend and 3 wounds between 2 chariots with 8 hellstriders, and 30 daemonettes VS Teclis a regent, 4 spear guys, 1 roo, and a balista. He wiped the fiends and chariots and teleported the balista (that we also failed to kill) onto my empty objective and left 1 strider on an objective that he took with Teclis. My turn and the slickblades still couldn't do anything but watch him score points but it was time for the daemonettes to get Teclis. I also summoned 10 more to take the balista objective back. Unfortunately Teclis was left on 4 wounds and the 10 daemon unit failed the charge. Not enough. Turn roll off time. I win this, I win. He wins it and I'm a goner. So, of course, he wins it and the game. :P

Have a good week everyone!

Oof, that LRL match sounded like an exercise in frustration. Teclis lists are extremely difficult for us; I think we can forget about getting any magic off for the whole match, and a properly protected Teclis is super hard to kill off too. How did you find using Hellstriders as battleline? I've been defaulting to 3x5 Chaos Warriors largely for screening and camping objectives. 

As for summoning: I'm finding it very powerful for us, almost always netting 25-30 DPs per game. I switched back to Tzeentch (my first AoS army) for a battle against Teclis LRL last week (I was very frustrated by my last Slaanesh battle against a similar list) and even with all his magic, I struggled to get enough fate points to summon anything useful. Our DP generation is very generous compared to fate points. 

• Like 1

I'll be fine with them removing the "horde summon discount" at the same time they drop the points of our overcosted units. Most people fear about summoning becoming OP seems to rely in the 12DP DaemonettesX30/KoS that are obviously priced that way as a reward for saving points. I won't be sad if that goes to 15DP to match the rest of the table while units go down 20-30pts.

• Like 4

Personally I would be fine with DP costs going up, I really dont want the book to be "play these overpriced or bad units so that hopefully you can just spam ugly looking daemonettes to win"

Summoning's strength is also funky in how good-bad it is depending on lists. Most lists from slaanesh appear to have around 7-10 units max, if you opponent is playing against you they kind of want to give you first turn 1. for the double and 2. it removes a turn you could summon in (if they go first and hurt you you could get 8 dp for a mini summon turn one), meaning they can in theory have 2 turns to fully wipe your units out which if playing just hedonites is not hard as most of your units are eihter 11 man lightly armoured squads, 10 wounds of myrmidesh squads. Cav is really the main thing that can survive focus fire. 

I think getting 12 by 2nd turn and keeping that tempo is fine but in pure hedonites the staying power is just not quite there outside of glutos+fiends (which are likely being nerfed in 3.0 with caps to negatives). One main issue I have with the hedonites book is I think overall its low to mid tier but it has 1 gimick it can do which in right match up can bully the opponent with spamming seekers and getting 90 daemonettes out. 

if 3.0 becomes about big beasts and hyper tough units we could struggle to get DP going as big monsters will chew through our poor armoured units and 2+ saves can limit stuff like blissbarbs split firing for value. Id honestly prefer summoning to be reactive options to opponent and bringing in a few things here and there to help vs the entire focus of our army. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, TheArborealWalrus said:

Always, thanks, interesting to read.  

I noticed one of the Wrath of the Everchosen had a +3" pile in.  Feels like it gives Slaanesh a bit more of a leg up in AoS 3 if longer pile-ins are a strength.  The units with a natural 'getting to pile in a 6"' but actually move 9".  The Masque offhand.  I don't know if it's enough to warrant but could provide some utility especially with mobility and smaller boards.  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, LeonBox said:

How did you find using Hellstriders as battleline?

I like them but they only do chip damage unless they get lucky. The speed combined with armor are what brings me back to them. I call it objective utility. Chaos warriors are stuck wherever you put them where hellstriders can go wherever you need them. In the opponent's territory? Responding to deep strikes? There a gap left to get to those archers? They just get wherever I need them for the most part. Sometimes they even do some damage too.

5 hours ago, Popisdead said:

I noticed one of the Wrath of the Everchosen had a +3" pile in.

I actually was using the StD battalion that also gives you that, but only if someone from the battalion dies, against the archaon list. I have to say that the marauder horsemen didn't feel as good to use as hellstriders. I know they're cheaper than hellstriders, but striders are just more fun. And faster.                     Generally I'd say that the 6" pile in is going to always be useful. Especially if there are charge reactions in 3E.

I'd be fine with upping our summoning cost for price reductions. 10 pts per point increase? lol, Like it's a transaction. But yeah, It's a good idea. I'm not sure if they would do that at the general's handbook, but upping maybe just the top bracket summons would make you explore the alternatives more. Maybe a descending ratio of the DP increase? Higher at the top, less at the bottom?

I'm tired though, so I'm going to take a nap. Have a good one everyone!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hey guys, I'm considering hopping into Slannesh (pun not intended, but I'll take it). 

Starting with the Shadow and Pain box. Which direction should I go? I'm not sure about the efficiency of the SC or other things I should consider.

My current armies are Ironjawz, and Skaven. I previously I've had FEC. I do prefer faster more aggressive style of play. I'm not super interested in the meta, as local meta is more important. I play regularly against:

Nighthaunt, LoN (soon to be Soulblight)

Mortal Khorne, Thurster Khorne, STD

Stormcast, KO, IDK (thankfully not eel spam)

Soon to be BCR as well.

For me, criteria is... 

2 or 3 good list options with 70-80% carryover, 

Badass models, 

Fast, aggressive play style.

Any opinions, thoughts, ideas, tips, or suggestions are appreciated 😊

Edited by Chase
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Chase said:

Hey guys, I'm considering hoping into Slannesh (pun not intended, but I'll take it). 

Starting with the Shadow and Pain box. Which direction should I go? I'm not sure about the efficiency of the SC or other things I should consider.

My current armies are Ironjawz, and Skaven. I previously I've had FEC. I do prefer faster more aggressive style of play. I'm not super interested in the meta, as local meta is more important. I play regularly against:

Nighthaunt, LoN (soon to be Soulblight)

Mortal Khorne, Thurster Khorne, STD

Stormcast, KO, IDK (thankfully not eel spam)

Soon to be BCR as well.

For me, criteria is... 

2 or 3 good list options with 70-80% carryover, 

Badass models, 

Fast, aggressive play style.

Any opinions, thoughts, ideas, tips, or suggestions are appreciated 😊

Hey, welcome :)

Thankfully fast and aggressive with great models is something Slaanesh does really well! 

Initially, starting with Shadow and Pain, I would recommend some extra daemons for (seekers and daemonettes get to reroll charges so they're often top choice for summoning). Hellstriders are battleline and can be taken in the Seeker Cavalcade Battalion, which is probably what you want to be building around. Unfortunately the best chariot is the exalted one, however, if you go for the godseekers host list you can make that Hellflayer a Seeker Chariot which would be battleline.

So, a simple godseeker list using what you have from Shadow and Pain and some awesome models:

Heroes: 

- General, Keeper of Secrets, Born of Damnation spell, Cameo of the Dark Prince artefact (you will use this and sacrifice it to the fane to get a permanent +1 to hit; here for the command ability and being fast)

- The Masque (fast and can pile in from 6" away)

Battleline:

- 5 Hellstriders with claws

- 1 Seeker chariot

- 10 Daemonettes

Battalion:

Seeker Cavalcade

Other:

- 5 Slickblade Seekers

- 5 Slickblade Seekers

- 5 Slickblade Seekers

- 5 Slickblade Seekers

- 5 Blissbarb Seekers

1970/2000 total

This isn't the strongest list in the world, but the Slickblades are pretty great and the Seeker Cavalcade gives them a 6" pile in. Godseekers was chosen over invaders simply for the bonus to help get summoned units in sooner; Invaders or even Pretenders would be fine (though Pretenders was done dirty). The 6" pile in from the battalion means you can play pretty defensively with most of your army, and with the Masque and keeper, the Locus of Diversion can keep most of your models safe.

---

The second list is probably more aggressive, but involves Wrath of the Everchosen's Lurid Haze. This would probably be the stronger list as Lurid Haze gives a teleport and a pretty great command ability.

Heroes:

- Keeper of Secrets (Lurid Haze artifact, Born of Damnation, second target of the teleport to follow Sigvald if possible)

- Sigvald (general, first target of the teleport to hit where it hurts)

- Shardspeaker (holds the rod of misrule and helps provide buffs and battleshock immunity spell, second general with command trait that allows a reroll run - combos with Slickblades)

Battleline:

- 10 daemonettes 

- 5 Chaos warriors (cheap)

- 5 Chaos Warriors (cheap)

Battalion

Seeker Cavalcade

Other:

- 5 Slickblade Seekers

- 5 Slickblade Seekers

- 5 Slickblade Seekers

-5 Slickblade Seekers

1980/2000

This is very aggressive as you'll be chucking Sigvald in their face, and he could well be double piling in to cause massive damage to a key piece before it can even attack him. The battalion works the same way, but with the reroll runs it's even easier to pile in 6" first turn. You will hit them hard and hopefully hit them first.

• LOVE IT! 1

34 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Hey, welcome :)

Thankfully fast and aggressive with great models is something Slaanesh does really well! 

Initially, starting with Shadow and Pain, I would recommend some extra daemons for (seekers and daemonettes get to reroll charges so they're often top choice for summoning). Hellstriders are battleline and can be taken in the Seeker Cavalcade Battalion, which is probably what you want to be building around. Unfortunately the best chariot is the exalted one, however, if you go for the godseekers host list you can make that Hellflayer a Seeker Chariot which would be battleline.

So, a simple godseeker list using what you have from Shadow and Pain and some awesome models:

Heroes: 

- General, Keeper of Secrets, Born of Damnation spell, Cameo of the Dark Prince artefact (you will use this and sacrifice it to the fane to get a permanent +1 to hit; here for the command ability and being fast)

- The Masque (fast and can pile in from 6" away)

Battleline:

- 5 Hellstriders with claws

- 1 Seeker chariot

- 10 Daemonettes

Battalion:

Seeker Cavalcade

Other:

- 5 Slickblade Seekers

- 5 Slickblade Seekers

- 5 Slickblade Seekers

- 5 Slickblade Seekers

- 5 Blissbarb Seekers

1970/2000 total

This isn't the strongest list in the world, but the Slickblades are pretty great and the Seeker Cavalcade gives them a 6" pile in. Godseekers was chosen over invaders simply for the bonus to help get summoned units in sooner; Invaders or even Pretenders would be fine (though Pretenders was done dirty). The 6" pile in from the battalion means you can play pretty defensively with most of your army, and with the Masque and keeper, the Locus of Diversion can keep most of your models safe.

---

The second list is probably more aggressive, but involves Wrath of the Everchosen's Lurid Haze. This would probably be the stronger list as Lurid Haze gives a teleport and a pretty great command ability.

Heroes:

- Keeper of Secrets (Lurid Haze artifact, Born of Damnation, second target of the teleport to follow Sigvald if possible)

- Sigvald (general, first target of the teleport to hit where it hurts)

- Shardspeaker (holds the rod of misrule and helps provide buffs and battleshock immunity spell, second general with command trait that allows a reroll run - combos with Slickblades)

Battleline:

- 10 daemonettes 

- 5 Chaos warriors (cheap)

- 5 Chaos Warriors (cheap)

Battalion

Seeker Cavalcade

Other:

- 5 Slickblade Seekers

- 5 Slickblade Seekers

- 5 Slickblade Seekers

-5 Slickblade Seekers

1980/2000

This is very aggressive as you'll be chucking Sigvald in their face, and he could well be double piling in to cause massive damage to a key piece before it can even attack him. The battalion works the same way, but with the reroll runs it's even easier to pile in 6" first turn. You will hit them hard and hopefully hit them first.

Wow, thanks a lot man! I didn't expect such a thoughtful, and thorough response. 

Sounds like it's an easy decision to go ahead and pick up the SC. That way I can build the exalted chariot for later. That being said, is there cause to run both chariots? My initial reaction was 2 chariots as battleline in Godseekers? 

Additionally, what are your thoughts on the Lord of Pain? He's honestly one of my favorite models!

Really appreciate your time and help with this bro! Cheers! 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ulfast said:

So as In starting to Read the armybook I notice One strange thing: why dont we have a Hero on a stead? Seems like something we should have...

I was pretty surprised they didn't make an updated version of the old Lord of Slaanesh metal model, especially since s/he was basically the ancestor of the Myrmidesh aesthetic. 

Spoiler

Lord of Slaanesh on Daemonic Mount | Miniset.net - Miniatures Collectors  Guide

Granted, I'm also surprised they didn't release any Slaanesh Ogors dedicated to gluttony with Glutos, so maybe I'm just odd.

1 hour ago, Mangod said:

I was pretty surprised they didn't make an updated version of the old Lord of Slaanesh metal model, especially since s/he was basically the ancestor of the Myrmidesh aesthetic. 

Reveal hidden contents

Lord of Slaanesh on Daemonic Mount | Miniset.net - Miniatures Collectors  Guide

Granted, I'm also surprised they didn't release any Slaanesh Ogors dedicated to gluttony with Glutos, so maybe I'm just odd.

They did release said ogors. They’re pulling his sled. 😂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ulfast said:

So as In starting to Read the armybook I notice One strange thing: why dont we have a Hero on a stead? Seems like something we should have...

Honestly one of the biggest offenses. The Lord of Snake was pretty iconic for slaanesh. 

As purposed in the past, I want a tri kit. Make some named jabroni on mount, a melee fighter, and a caster. 

The named character is purely so we can finally do 8 named characters in a 2500 point army. 

Also, does anyone think the twins are going to have the added mention of being considered your general if they are a part of the army? 

On 4/20/2021 at 12:55 PM, Vurtias said:

Was interested in getting some chaos warriors fromt he STD sc box, i remember seeing some neat kit bashes for nurgle chaos warriors using blightkings, has anybody tried anything similar with our new mortal units like using myrmidesh painbringer heads?

I did a kitbash using the war cry splintered fang and some hellstrider and twin soul bits

21 hours ago, Chase said:

Wow, thanks a lot man! I didn't expect such a thoughtful, and thorough response. 

Sounds like it's an easy decision to go ahead and pick up the SC. That way I can build the exalted chariot for later. That being said, is there cause to run both chariots? My initial reaction was 2 chariots as battleline in Godseekers? 

Additionally, what are your thoughts on the Lord of Pain? He's honestly one of my favorite models!

Really appreciate your time and help with this bro! Cheers! 

The Start Collecting is a nice place to start for the summoning :) And you could as they're fast, but they die very quickly and can't hold objectives. You could make a chariot themed army though, which would be interesting.

I like the Lord of Pain, but mostly with the troop models (Painbringers and Twinsouls); I like these lists, but they're less aggressive :)

19 hours ago, Carnith said:

So I'm hoping Kragnos is preview tomorrow so we can get those twins :)

I hope so! I really want to know what these twins do...

14 hours ago, Carnith said:

Honestly one of the biggest offenses. The Lord of Snake was pretty iconic for slaanesh. 

As purposed in the past, I want a tri kit. Make some named jabroni on mount, a melee fighter, and a caster. 

The named character is purely so we can finally do 8 named characters in a 2500 point army. 

Also, does anyone think the twins are going to have the added mention of being considered your general if they are a part of the army? 

I reckon he's a model that's being saved for a duel box release, if we get another.

And I can see that - though I suppose it's another reason to take invaders!  

Looks like we're up for preorder next week! 

"Birthed in the wake of Morathi’s ascension to godhood, Dexcessa and Synessa are among the most powerful of Slaanesh’s daemonic servants, each gifted with a portion of the God of Excess’ unnatural allure. Dexcessa uses the hypnotic effect of their multifaceted wings to confound and distract while they dance and cavort a slaughterous path through their enemies. Meanwhile, Synessa’s manipulative whispers reach the ears of even the farthest quarry to bring their darkest fears and desires to light."

This little description may help give us an idea of what they'll do... Sounds like they're both debuffers, but it's hard to tell with such a vague description. 

• Like 2

Something there dosn't seem right. "Among the most powerful of Slaanesh’s daemonic servants." Not Slaanesh incarnations, or childrens. Not even "The most powerful of Slaanesh's daemonic servants" simply "Among the most powerful" like... the same can be said about Shalaxi.

They seem to be going further and further from the lore about the newborn being something new and special never seen before within the chaos gods. I hope is just WarCom promotional wording, because I want them to be something more special than simply two new KoS.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Yoid said:

Something there dosn't seem right. "Among the most powerful of Slaanesh’s daemonic servants." Not Slaanesh incarnations, or childrens. Not even "The most powerful of Slaanesh's daemonic servants" simply "Among the most powerful" like... the same can be said about Shalaxi.

They seem to be going further and further from the lore about the newborn being something new and special never seen before within the chaos gods. I hope is just WarCom promotional wording, because I want them to be something more special than simply two new KoS.

That said, they very very rarely (if ever) give absolutes in AoS - everything is "among the most powerful" or "one of the most intelligent" or "in the highest ranks of the Stormcast" etc. I think it's so they don't deal in absolutes and remove a fan's narrative; it's one of the strength's of AoS's lore that there's no definitive answers so no one can ever say "yeah, you might think your original character is the strongest Slaanesh daemon that had to be sealed away, but cannonically it's Dexcessa, so your narrative is wrong".

For example, Sigvald is "one of the vilest soul to have ever lived", or apparently there are "few as repugnant as Glutos" (from the battletome). They rarely if ever make definitive claims about someone's power or status, unless it's a title like "Grand Marshall of the Apocalypse".

Don't get me wrong, I'm also concerned that their rules won't be fitting, but don't take the wishy-washy language to mean much :)

7 hours ago, Enoby said:

Looks like we're up for preorder next week! 

"Birthed in the wake of Morathi’s ascension to godhood, Dexcessa and Synessa are among the most powerful of Slaanesh’s daemonic servants, each gifted with a portion of the God of Excess’ unnatural allure. Dexcessa uses the hypnotic effect of their multifaceted wings to confound and distract while they dance and cavort a slaughterous path through their enemies. Meanwhile, Synessa’s manipulative whispers reach the ears of even the farthest quarry to bring their darkest fears and desires to light."

This little description may help give us an idea of what they'll do... Sounds like they're both debuffers, but it's hard to tell with such a vague description. 

dexcessa - "minus 1 to hit for units wholly within 6""

synessa - "minus 1 to hit for units wholly outside of 6" "

they stack but in 3.0 caps at -1 

3 hours ago, Enoby said:

That said, they very very rarely (if ever) give absolutes in AoS - everything is "among the most powerful" or "one of the most intelligent" or "in the highest ranks of the Stormcast" etc. I think it's so they don't deal in absolutes and remove a fan's narrative; it's one of the strength's of AoS's lore that there's no definitive answers so no one can ever say "yeah, you might think your original character is the strongest Slaanesh daemon that had to be sealed away, but cannonically it's Dexcessa, so your narrative is wrong".

For example, Sigvald is "one of the vilest soul to have ever lived", or apparently there are "few as repugnant as Glutos" (from the battletome). They rarely if ever make definitive claims about someone's power or status, unless it's a title like "Grand Marshall of the Apocalypse".

Don't get me wrong, I'm also concerned that their rules won't be fitting, but don't take the wishy-washy language to mean much :)

Yeah... but one don't simply say "Morathi is among the most powerful Daugthers of Khaine" or "Alarielle is among the most powerful Sylvaneth", it is weird to say that Dexcessa and Synessa are "Among the most powerfull Slaanesh servants". I know it may not mean anything, but it may also mean something, like they trying to tone down all the lore implications they raised earlier, how the mortals could barely handle the birth of the newborn and so.

Like, imagine for a second "Morathi finally ascended to godhood becoming one of the most powerfull aelves in the Daugthers of Khaine army" Like... who else is at that power level to say such a thing? It sounds quite stupid to me, even if is just a vacuum of words to promote the model.

• Like 1