So, who does want Tomb Kings and Bretonnians back?

So, who does want Tomb Kings and Bretonnians back?  

293 members have voted

1. 1. Which retired factions would you quite like to collect if given the chance?

• Tomb Kings
    • Bretonnians
    • Greenskins
    • Gitmob
    • Dogs of War

26 minutes ago, michu said:

TBH if knight orders as separate faction are going to return they will not be like world-that-was Bretonnians either way. 

Yup. It'd just be something new using Bret models. At least Tomb Kings being brought back could be chalked up to Nagash doing it, but Brets have no feasible way of being added into the game like that.

5 minutes ago, michu said:

I don't believe that any old miniatures will return, even if GW would decide to bring back knights and mummies  it would be new scultps.

Anything in plastic still has a chance of making a return since the models are steel, but any metal/finecast models are likely gone forever.

But imagine what could GW do with their technology now.  More dynamic sculpts showing knights in full charge and not like they are on parade.And many Bretonnia sculpts were metal and resin. GW can bring back old sculpts (like warfire thrower) if it's only a small part of release. It's not good idea to say "hey, we have new faction for you - it's all old sculpts." Even BT + Endless Spells is better startegy than that.

7 minutes ago, michu said:

But imagine what could GW do with their technology now.  More dynamic sculpts showing knights in full charge and not like they are on parade.And many Bretonnia sculpts were metal and resin. GW can bring back old sculpts (like warfire thrower) if it's only a small part of release. It's not good idea to say "hey, we have new faction for you - it's all old sculpts." Even BT + Endless Spells is better startegy than that.

Just because GW -can- doesn't mean GW -will-. They work years in advance on their projects. They can cut the lead time on a Bret like army in less than half if they use the old models and then add to the line later.

That's not a good idea. What player would be happy that new release consists only of old models? You think that those "salty Bret players" would be happy? No, they're rather going to say "So GW finally surrender and they don't even give us something new for Brets? Dissapointed as always".

3 minutes ago, michu said:

That's not a good idea. What player would be happy that new release consists only of old models? You think that those "salty Bret players" would be happy? No, they're rather going to say "So GW finally surrender and they don't even give us something new for Brets? Dissapointed as always".

I think you're forgetting we're talking about if GW was going to bring Brets back in some form or another. Starting with the existing line would bring a lot of Bret armies back into the game. The loud vocal minority who is always salty will always be salty. Nothing can make them happy.

6 minutes ago, Fulkes said:

I think you're forgetting we're talking about if GW was going to bring Brets back in some form or another. Starting with the existing line would bring a lot of Bret armies back into the game. The loud vocal minority who is always salty will always be salty. Nothing can make them happy.

why would GW bring back the existing Bret line outside of Made To Order? they have been clearly trying to make a push to retire metal and finecast models in their ranges and replace it newer plastic one. they also don't sell old model in retail store to begin with.

Edited by novakai

1 minute ago, novakai said:

why would GW bring back the existing Bret line outside of Made To Order? they have been clearly trying to make a push to retire metal and finecast models in their ranges and replace it newer plastic one. they also don't sell old model in retail store to begin with.

I never said they'd bring back metal and finecast (I said the exact opposite actually), but the Brets had plastic models that could come back.

4 minutes ago, Fulkes said:

I never said they'd bring back metal and finecast (I said the exact opposite actually), but the Brets had plastic models that could come back.

Yeah but those plastic models where build for slotted square bases (archers and knights of the realm) they are both really dated and not up to standard anymore either. 

Just now, novakai said:

Yeah but those plastic models where build for slotted square bases (archers and knights of the realm) they are both really dated and not up to standard anymore either. 

I feel like I'm being set up to argue for something that they could do as instead being something I think they will do.

I don't see something resembling Brets coming out unless they carry some of the old models into the new line. If they don't then the army won't "feel" like Brets no matter how you slice it.

So either we get something using the old Brets mixed with something new, or they're not coming back at all.

From a buisness perspective bringing Tomb Kings back using the 8th ed plastics is a smart idea. Much smarter then making all new models. Skaven literally have 1 new model yet sell like hotcakes. If GW are unsure about Tomb Kings then throwing out a Battletome, Endless Spells and Terrain with reboxed kits is easier then making new ones and if they dont sell well ? Then next edition they get absorbed by LON.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jetengine said:

From a buisness perspective bringing Tomb Kings back using the 8th ed plastics is a smart idea. Much smarter then making all new models. Skaven literally have 1 new model yet sell like hotcakes. If GW are unsure about Tomb Kings then throwing out a Battletome, Endless Spells and Terrain with reboxed kits is easier then making new ones and if they dont sell well ? Then next edition they get absorbed by LON.

Pretty much this. The up-front cost would be negligible compared to producing a whole new range, and most of the plastic (and Ushabti) holds up pretty well compared to BoC, FEC, LoN, Seraphon, etc.

The potential for sand/desert-based endless spells is high, with a Casket of Souls or pyramid for the terrain piece and some kind of sandstorm tornado, quicksand (etc.) for endless spells.

• Like 2

Just with the plastics....

Tomb Guard w/Halberds 

Tomb Guard with Sword

Sepulchral Stalkers

Necropolis Knights

Tomb King on Foot (from the Sphinx Kit)

War Sphinx

Necrosphinx

Thats 7 units from 3 kits. You could make more by doing what the FEC did and make unit Champions heroes. In which case you could get up to 10.

• Like 1

You missed a Royal Warsphinx as a separate leader option ; )

Also, Necrosphinx has two distinct head [mask and skull] and tail options - if we're *really* stretching it they could also be made into two units.

And it'd STILL be less units than we get from the zombie dragon kit! Not to mention Stonehorn/Thundertusk that basically provides 2/3 scrolls for its faction.

12 hours ago, dekay said:

You missed a Royal Warsphinx as a separate leader option ; )

Also, Necrosphinx has two distinct head [mask and skull] and tail options - if we're *really* stretching it they could also be made into two units.

And it'd STILL be less units than we get from the zombie dragon kit! Not to mention Stonehorn/Thundertusk that basically provides 2/3 scrolls for its faction.

Stonehorn kit is six warscrolls...:

Frostlord on Thundertusk

Frostlord on Stonehorn

Huskard on Thundertusk

Huskard on Stonehorn

Thundertusk Beastriders

Stonehorn Beastriders

Edited by Kyriakin

14 hours ago, Jetengine said:

Just with the plastics....

Tomb Guard w/Halberds 

Tomb Guard with Sword

Sepulchral Stalkers

Necropolis Knights

Tomb King on Foot (from the Sphinx Kit)

War Sphinx

Necrosphinx

Thats 7 units from 3 kits. You could make more by doing what the FEC did and make unit Champions heroes. In which case you could get up to 10.

From a game play perspective, I'd love to keep the Carrion somehow (terribad models though).

Conversely, a TK army with no chariots feels a bit off, visually.

That said, if GW offered this, I'd still take it in a heartbeat.

Edited by Kyriakin
  • Like 3