5kaven5lave

Imagine a squad of 8 Rat Ogors with Toughened Sinews and Prized Creation with 3 as the D3 roll! 72 wounds for 360 points. Oops, this doesn't work. Prized creation is only one model

The 6 attacks per mutation is also fancy...

I always wanted to play units of 8 rat ogors so now is the time :)

Edited by Num

Do we think that the Hidden Weapons Team ability will allow the weapons teams to appear closer than the usual 9" away? It would be kinda pointless if not. 

250pts for 10 Stormvermin, a warpfire thrower and a grinder is still quite a lot of points for the chance to delete an entire unit of 1 wound enemy troops on turn 1. But so so much fun 😂😂

Edited by Cosmicsheep

I already have x6 Stormfiends but I am thinking of getting the new BR box to get myself a full Stormfiend Battleline for a Skryre force.

Is there any point in getting another 3 after that or is x9 enough?

I was thinking x6 Stormfiend, x6 Stormfiend, x5 Skryre Acolytes? or is that pointless?

1 hour ago, Cosmicsheep said:

Do we think that the Hidden Weapons Team ability will allow the weapons teams to appear closer than the usual 9" away? It would be kinda pointless if not. 

250pts for 10 Stormvermin, a warpfire thrower and a grinder is still quite a lot of points for the chance to delete an entire unit of 1 wound enemy troops on turn 1. But so so much fun 😂😂

Just one word: Yes

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Num said:

Imagine a squad of 8 Rat Ogors with Toughened Sinews and Prized Creation with 3 as the D3 roll! 72 wounds for 360 points.

The 6 attacks per mutation is also fancy...

I always wanted to play units of 8 rat ogors so now is the time :)

Quick question regarding this. Do you get the extra wounds and reroll 1s for the entire unit (from Prized Creation)? I have always played it as only a single Rat Ogor gets the buff.

/Cheers Rangeltoft

Yeah ot does sound expensive, although it is a very nifty trick.

With a unit of 40 Stormvermins you’re able to take up to 4warpfire thrower hidden jn that unit.

with the warpgrinder team, I would jump them right uo there more then 9” inches away from the enemy, bring out the first two warpfire thrower weapon team, and have them basically kill of the screen

now, with a bit of luck you might get a charge of with your stormvermins, if not, hope you’ve taken the end if a turn to get the chance of a double turn, and if your very unlucky, you can basically just reveal your last hidden weapon teams at the end of the charge phase, so should the enemy be somehow able to kill you vermins, you’ll at least have some warpfire thrower weapon teams, to burn those ******-things to the ground

2 hours ago, Rangeltoft said:

Quick question regarding this. Do you get the extra wounds and reroll 1s for the entire unit (from Prized Creation)? I have always played it as only a single Rat Ogor gets the buff.

/Cheers Rangeltoft

You just pick a single model to get the Prized Creations buff.

Its very surprising they decided the new mutations would affect the whole unit!

48 minutes ago, Ahriman said:

You just pick a single model to get the Prized Creations buff.

Its very surprising they decided the new mutations would affect the whole unit!

Oops yes, this is true.

I got confused because the new rules said that the unit can get a mutation instead of a prized creation bonus (which only one model from the unit would get 🙄)

Strange...

• Like 1

So with new upcoming rules about weapon teams for the skaven, I’ve had a few crazy ideas:

the first list consists of:

Allegiance: Skaventide
LEADERS
Warlock Bombardier (120)
- General
- Command Trait: Overseer of Destruction
- Artefact: Vigordust Injector
- Lore of Warpvolt Galvanism: More-more-more Warp Power!
Verminlord Warpseer (320) Grey Seer (140)
- Lore of Ruin: Skitterleap
UNITS
1 x Warpfire Thrower (70) 1 x Warpfire Thrower (70) 1 x Ratling Gun (60)
1 x Ratling Gun (60)
1 x Ratling Gun (60)
40 x Stormvermin (400)
- Halberd & Shield
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Blade
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Blade
1 x Warp-Grinder (80)
10 x Night Runners (80)
10 x Night Runners (80)
ENDLESS SPELLS / TERRAIN / COMMAND POINTS Extra Command Point (50)
TOTAL: 1990/2000
LEADERS: 3/6 BATTLELINES: 3 (3+)
ARTEFACTS: 1/1 ENDLESS SPELLS: 0/3 ALLIES: 0/400
    WOUNDS: 180
BEHEMOTHS: 1/4
ARTILLERY: 0/4

the second list of:

Allegiance: Skaventide
LEADERS
Warlock Bombardier (120)
- General
- Command Trait: Overseer of Destruction
Grey Seer on Screaming Bell (240)
- Lore of Ruin: Skitterleap
Warlock Bombardier (120)
- Artefact: Vial of the Fulminator
 UNITS
1 x Warpfire Thrower (70) 1 x Warpfire Thrower (70) 1 x Warpfire Thrower (70) 1 x Ratling Gun (60)
1 x Ratling Gun (60)
1 x Ratling Gun (60)
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Blade
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Blade
1 x Warp-Grinder (80) 1 x Doomwheel (150) 1 x Doomwheel (150) 40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Blade
1 x Doomwheel (150)
LEADERS: 3/6
ARTEFACTS: 1/1 ENDLESS SPELLS: 0/3 ALLIES: 0/400
  TOTAL: 2000/2000
WOUNDS: 188
BATTLELINES: 3 (3+)
BEHEMOTHS: 4/4
ARTILLERY: 0/4

So both list 

have a similar thought.

Basically, I’m trying to get a the unit of clanrats with the rattling guns up the board more rhen 9” away from enemy units via thr gnawholes, while the unit of Stormvermins arrives with a warpgrinder in it.

to the enemies suprise, there are flamers within that unit, now able to shoot-slay horde units in a instant, since I’ll be 6.1 inches away from them.

with the screen gone, my stormvermin unit will no be able to well charge the more juicy stuff, like sentinels, or something else.

With the rattlings that’ll get buffed by my Walrock bombardier with overseer of destruction, I’ll be able to shoot most stuff out in seconds.

Kroak will die-die easily to something this stupid, unless he has 15-20 Saurus guards.

this list can also be used as a pretty great counterpunch army.

against factions like orruk warclan, I’d use them exactly as that.

this lists works especially great, if you get a double turn.

with the second list, the basic idea of sending most things forward is the same, yet we have a few (3) Doomwheels in total, as well.

with these doomwheels being extremely speedy you’ll be able to get some extra power in sniping heroes, or stupid guard-things in an army, removing does pesky wardsave from the average Joe (or kroak in this case), leaving them vulnerable to die-die, Yes-yes.

• Like 2

On 5/30/2021 at 3:49 PM, Skreech Verminking said:

With a unit of 40 Stormvermins you’re able to take up to 4warpfire thrower hidden jn that unit.

I'm going to really enjoy taking 3 x 40 clanrats and 4 warpfire throwers and watching my opponent try to guess where they are 😁 

19 minutes ago, Cosmicsheep said:

I'm going to really enjoy taking 3 x 40 clanrats and 4 warpfire throwers and watching my opponent try to guess where they are 😁 

Yeah I did it ones with a ton of stabbas and shootas and a unit of 20 Chaingobbos.

was hilarious to watch my opponent guessing which unit had that thread in it.

especially after i’ve hand of gorked a unit of stabbas forward to get that one objective while also staying 9” away from him, not recealing my smashas (which really were in that unit of stabbas) which gave him the thought that they must be in the unit of shootas.

I’m extremely happy, that we are able to do that stuff with our weapon teams as well.

Will be hilarious, even when playing on events or taking part at a tournament 

16 minutes ago, Cosmicsheep said:

Me too, even if I am slightly cynical in thinking that GW probably wasn’t selling many of these expensive metal sculpts 🤔

They will very likely not ever.

currently most skaven players, have become amazing converters.

not need for bad looking weapont team, when you can convert some out of plastic bits pretty easily

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Darkhan said:

Do we have to roll for the tunnel skulkers skill on warpfire teams, that is hidden inside the clanrats, who is with a grinder team? I suppose not...tho.

From a rules perspective no.

the weapon team is theoretically not existing, till you set it up.

And with the warpgrinder team, you’ll only be transporting the unit of clanrats or stormvermins chosen, even if they have a few weapon teams hidden inside them, these weapon teams are in this case not existing yet, nor are they part of the unit of clanrats or Stormvermin

At least that us how I understand it.

6 hours ago, Darkhan said:

Do we have to roll for the tunnel skulkers skill on warpfire teams, that is hidden inside the clanrats, who is with a grinder team? I suppose not...tho.

I would guess it will be more like when you place a hidden Ehsin assasin or with the Fanatics for Gloomspite Gits.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, DocKeule said:

"Look out Sir!" in 3.0 will only apply to heroes below 10 wounds. 

That will make the bell and the furnace even more squishy 😐

People actually target the bell?;p Never experienced that, that I can remember.

With the new A0S 3.0 rules on command points and command abilities *see spoiler below*

Spoiler

The player going 2nd each round gets 2 CP, if your general is on the pitch you get an extra CP

Unit champions can use command abilities and the range has been extended to 12" / 18" for heroes / general

and the lack of any decent command abilities for our heroes (the clawlord and Warpseer being the only exceptions of note) do we still need the screaming bell / bell of doom for battleshock? I can't see me using my CP for anything other than Inspiring Presence. Maybe some Volley Fire on the Stormfiends / Jezzail

With the new A0S 3.0 rules on command points and command abilities *see spoiler below*

Hide contents

The player going 2nd each round gets 2 CP, if your general is on the pitch you get an extra CP

Unit champions can use command abilities and the range has been extended to 12" / 18" for heroes / general

and the lack of any decent command abilities for our heroes (the clawlord and Warpseer being the only exceptions of note) do we still need the screaming bell / bell of doom for battleshock? I can't see me using my CP for anything other than Inspiring Presence. Maybe some Volley Fire on the Stormfiends / Jezzail

Well there was some mention, of the general ca changing, so maybe they’ll get much more interesting???

There's the new Heroic Actions, which can be performed in both Hero phases. Heroic Recovery looks good for someone like Thanquol who could potentially heal an extra D3 wounds in both hero phases (roll 2D6 less than bravery 10) The others are a bit situational. Finest Hour could be good on the Verminlords

But hopefully there are some other CA coming because i've always felt that Skaven are lacking in this area. Other armies seem to have much better ones and i always end my games with several CP left over. Maybe i'm just not taking advantage of the GHB 2020 ones