Age of Sigmar RPG

Emmetation

13 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

“I got more’n just a fancy hat on my travels, pardner.

Skaven, Kharadron, Ossiarch — they’re all the best at what they do, it’s true. But I come a close second, based on all the tricks I picked up from ‘em.’
— Big Hat Blugg, Captain of the Buckaroos”

To the town of Vindicarum rode a stranger one fine day
Hardly spoke to folks around him, didn't have too much to say
No one dared to ask his business, no one dared to make a slip
For the stranger there among them had a Leadbelcher on his hip

Leadbelcher on his hip

I really need to get started with Soulbound sometime soon. All the fluff in those books seems amazing.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 4

@Neil Arthur Hotep

Got a great opportunity today. Awesome humble bundle is up where $18 can get you 24 supplements! :D 

Shape the future of the Mortal Realms

Take on the role of Soulbound and adventure across realms of high fantasy, magitech, steampunk, and post-apocalyptic horror in Warhammer Age of Sigmar: Soulbound, the thrilling tabletop role-playing game from Cubicle 7!

Get started with essential resources like the core rulebook. Delve deeper into the game universe with tomes like the Bestiary, Steam and Steel, and Stars and Scales. Strike out on a journey into the city of Anvilgard in the six-part Shadows in the Mistcampaign. Plus, your purchase helps support Children's Health Ireland!”

515289392ee97f9d05794780589be45369fa008c

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/warhammer-age-sigmar-soulbound-cubicle-7-books?utm_campaign=soulboundmar22_ann&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=link#

Nice to see it’s already raised almost $400 for charity. Keep the Aqua Ghyranis flowing. 👍

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

@Neil Arthur Hotep

Got a great opportunity today. Awesome humble bundle is up where $18 can get you 24 supplements! :D 

Shape the future of the Mortal Realms

Take on the role of Soulbound and adventure across realms of high fantasy, magitech, steampunk, and post-apocalyptic horror in Warhammer Age of Sigmar: Soulbound, the thrilling tabletop role-playing game from Cubicle 7!

Get started with essential resources like the core rulebook. Delve deeper into the game universe with tomes like the Bestiary, Steam and Steel, and Stars and Scales. Strike out on a journey into the city of Anvilgard in the six-part Shadows in the Mistcampaign. Plus, your purchase helps support Children's Health Ireland!”

515289392ee97f9d05794780589be45369fa008c

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/warhammer-age-sigmar-soulbound-cubicle-7-books?utm_campaign=soulboundmar22_ann&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=link#

Nice to see it’s already raised almost $400 for charity. Keep the Aqua Ghyranis flowing. 👍

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I have been waiting for a sale or bundle like this!

After skimming some of the books, I can confidently say that they are worth getting. Really gave me a newfound appreciation of the setting. I always liked the mythical feel AoS had, but never really appreciated that it is also a post-apocalyptic, western-like frontier setting before. The Soulbound books have made it a lot clearer to me how to tell stories in this setting.

The books themselves are also very well made as far as role-playing rulebooks go. The core book alone probably gives you more help in GMing a game than any DnD book ever has. Soulbound is looking like a great candidate for that city building game I have been planning to run for a while now.

The system does a lot of smart things, in my opinion. I particularly like how being Soulbound makes concrete the concept of being an adventuring party both narratively and mechanically. I also like how the system handles the risk of injury and death. Particularly the option to cheat death by spending the party's Soulfire resource and the option to have a last stand. It gives the players a lot of agency over when and how they want their characters to die, but does not completely remove the threat of death from the game. This is definitely some smart, innovative stuff that a lot of other RPGs would do well to copy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/20/2022 at 8:46 AM, Still-young said:

Is the Shadows in the Mist book actually out yet (physically)? Some places it seems to be on a vague preorder and some places it seems to be sold out. 

You probably already got an answer elsewhere by now but yeah. You can go directly to their store site to get the physical:

https://cubicle7games.com/product/warhammer-age-of-sigmar-soulbound-shadows-in-the-mist/

On that note it’s Soulbound’s anniversary so there’s a sale on the Corebook, game master screen and other goodies for a few more days now.

@KingBrodd You might be interested in the sale:

https://cubicle7games.com/product-category/warhammer-aos/

Also Foundry news!

Lastly in case it was missed, Kharadron airship adventure has been out for a few weeks now:

image.jpeg.101941d6737a6553d9e6d37f41d4a64a.jpeg

The recent Kharadron white dwarf update has some excellent parts that can add to the adventure including the magazine’s climax of ships flying into Chaos to blow up a shield generator and then destroy their older superweapon(a orbital “satellite” aethercannon) so Chaos can’t use it.

IMG_0392.webp

IMG_0393.webp

IMG_0394.webp

IMG_0395.webp
IMG_0396.webp
IMG_0397.webp
IMG_0398.webp

image.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

You probably already got an answer elsewhere by now but yeah. You can go directly to their store site to get the physical:

https://cubicle7games.com/product/warhammer-age-of-sigmar-soulbound-shadows-in-the-mist/

On that note it’s Soulbound’s anniversary so there’s a sale on the Corebook, game master screen and other goodies for a few more days now.

@KingBrodd You might be interested in the sale:

https://cubicle7games.com/product-category/warhammer-aos/

Also Foundry news!

Lastly in case it was missed, Kharadron airship adventure has been out for a few weeks now:

image.jpeg.101941d6737a6553d9e6d37f41d4a64a.jpeg

The recent Kharadron white dwarf update has some excellent parts that can add to the adventure including the magazine’s climax of ships flying into Chaos to blow up a shield generator and then destroy their older superweapon(a orbital “satellite” aethercannon) so Chaos can’t use it.

IMG_0392.webp

IMG_0393.webp

IMG_0394.webp

IMG_0395.webp
IMG_0396.webp
IMG_0397.webp
IMG_0398.webp

image.jpeg

Cheers mate I really need to look into Soulbound for the Lore and its almost criminal that GW doesnt actively highlight it on WHC.

• Like 1

Fully agreed. It was really good of them to use the AoS3 announcement trailer and even the first Anvil of Apotheosis customization to link people towards it but stuff like the Soulbound humble bundle and all these great books that let people dive further into the Mortal Realms really need to be advertised more on their front pages.

Also, tweet by Elaine Lithgow on her work with The Grund.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

Fully agreed. It was really good of them to use the AoS3 announcement trailer and even the first Anvil of Apotheosis customization to link people towards it but stuff like the Soulbound humble bundle and all these great books that let people dive further into the Mortal Realms really need to be advertised more on their front pages.

Also, tweet by Elaine Lithgow on her work with The Grund.

I see KOs, I buy KOs. Simple life

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

New adventures in Greywater!

image.jpeg.99eb1ffdd1122a2536549a33dc668356.jpeg

The supplement series for Anvilgard have come to an end(with the city succumbing to the new Goddess Morathi-Khaine’s machinations) so now we get to keep the industrial city safe in lands where everyday the forests seek to reclaim the lands taken.

Greywater Fastness is under siege!

The vast industrial city dedicated to producing weapons and arms for Sigmar’s armies now finds itself teetering on the brink of oblivion. A tide of power hungry Skaven covet Greywater’s technology. The neighbouring Sylvaneth sing a song of revenge for the lands polluted by the city’s toxic runoff. And within the city itself, allies and enemies alike stoke the self-destructive flames of war. But if Greywater Fastness falls, Sigmar’s armies across the realms fall with it…

Strike out into the forge-hot streets of Greywater Fastness in this brand new campaign for Warhammer Age of Sigmar: Soulbound. Blackened Earth is a thrilling five-part campaign set within the free city of Greywater Fastness in Ghyran, the Realm of life. Here, the Soulbound are tasked with steering this vital city of Sigmar away from its path of destruction. With monsters gnawing at the gates, allies turning into enemies, and warmongers fighting for dominance in the city, the Soulbound must use everything at their disposal to save the doomed city from immolation in the fires of war.

This book contains:

• An epic campaign told across five thrilling adventures. Walk the streets of one of Sigmar’s most industrialised cities then strike out into the blasted wastelands and vibrant wilds of the Realm of Life.
  • A comprehensive guide to the city of Greywater Fastness. Discover its history and how it was founded, explore over 70 unique and strange locations, and learn about the major players in the city.
  • A beautifully illustrated map of Greywater Fastness!
  • New items to purchase in the city’s black markets, and new Endeavours to undertake while in the city!
  • New terrifying monsters and allied NPCs for your Binding to encounter!
  • Keep an eye out for more information on Blackened Earth over the coming weeks, as we ramp up to the release of this grand new adventure.”

Also stumbled on this on Twitter :D :

Speaking of fanart there’s A Lot for Soulbound commissions of people’s Branch-Wych characters.

image0.jpg
image1.jpg
image2.jpg
image3.jpg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Yet more Fyreslayer erasure in their artwork.

Would’ve been nice for their flames to beat back the crazed Dreadwood Sylvaneth but to be fair it’s the industrial city in the Realm of Life. Fyreslayer activity is pretty scant there compared to the heroes on the cover who all have history there(remember Ghyran’s where the first Idoneth big exposure was and made the first treaties with Order as apology to the attack on the Khainites aiding Alarielle)

edit: plus that’s the main adventure team through Soulbound.

Warhammer%20Age%20of%20Sigmar%20Soulboun
image.jpeg.5e76191f90d0b035f43dd2898ab72d09.jpeg

image.jpeg.7c54ef3156541e71c9bafcd26c76645e.jpeg
718040ee426ff054cba6b2d2a7b5b4da.jpg

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Gencon’s right around the August corner and Soulbound will be there with glorious paper!

https://cubicle7games.com/gencon-2022-preview-warhammer-age-of-sigmar-soulbound/

What’s on Offer?

Believe it or not, since Soulbound launched during the pandemic, this is the first ever time it will be at the show! In those two years, we’ve released a lot of content for Soulbound, including the corebook, Starter Set, GM Screen, and a wealth of supplements. The big new release at the show will be Champions of Death, which is hot off the presses. Champions of Death allows players to create tragic, damned, and twisted undead characters for Warhammer Age of Sigmar: Soulbound! The book features new undead Species, new Archetypes, new Talents, and devastating new spells and Miracles. If that sounds like your thing, come by and pick up a copy!

Here’s the complete list of everything we’ll have at the show. For more information on Soulbound, and where to get started, click here.

Chaos is on the rise, lads:

Really appreciate the Bloodbound being the cover guys. First chaos guys to herald Age of Sigmar itself now get to introduce the Chaos Grand Alliance into the rpg scene.

Darkoaths, daemon princes, gor-kin and Skaven archetypes ho!

Also really like the enthusiasm Cubicle7 has in their booths.

6CC890AD-8FFB-4E06-9AF3-0C666D4638FC.png
EFFC027D-DF29-47BA-AD0F-C25F027FD6BE.png

image.jpeg.bebcec3b4b7a8821f5d8f215b4bd82ea.jpeg
297526833_5150286485040076_9207366097862

297480918_5150286481706743_1472955261008

• Like 1

That's a pleasant surprise. I always got the vibe from when they questioned about this before like they were reluctant to a make a CoChaos book for some reason. I wonder if it has more to do with it potentially 'spoiling' a lot of the (now leaked) Slaves To Darkness releases, similar to how Champions of Death's PDF came out very shortly after the Soulblight Gravelords reveals went public.

With how long it can take them to put out information I think they could comfortably delay information until after STD’s released. They still have Era of the Beast, Ulfenkarn and the Dawncrusade Settlements supplements to release afterall.

I think the more pressing matter was having to work out a whole new system for how Chaos Soulbound is gonna work. Lore-wise Chaos doesn’t know the Pantheon’s ritual to do so and what’s even more Soulbound is perma-death that even disconnects the soul so the ever soul-covetous Chaos Gods are gonna be against potentially losing their best champions souls to this method of empowerment.

They probably came up with a new twisted system Chaos can use but I kinda hope it’s Ikit’s bootleg Anvil of Apotheosis he has in his mobile dimension warren that keeps reforging him when he dies. That’d work for a Chaotic(faulty) version AND make the Chaos party more neutral as Ikit is getting hunted down by even the Chaos gods for all the secrets he stole from them so signing up as his agents would make you more powerful but even your main Grand Alliance may want your heads(or torture you to find Ikit)

51 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I always figured Chaos was the easiest to handwave on account of there being numerous examples of the Chaos Gods resurrecting their favoured champions even back in WHFB.

Thinking the same, chaos doesn't need something like the soulbound ritual or Nagash dominion over death...they always used the soul and flesh of their followers as they saw fit.

4 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I always figured Chaos was the easiest to handwave on account of there being numerous examples of the Chaos Gods resurrecting their favoured champions even back in WHFB.

That’d be the rub, when their champions die by being Soulbound they’ll be unable to resurrect those souls anymore.

“Those who are Soulbound have their essence entwined with other beings, binding your essence together until death - although it is a painful process that not everyone survives. Enduring the agony grants the survivors a powerful tether and conduit allowing them to draw upon each other’s essence and guarding their soul from Nagash. This group of bound indivduals is known as a Binding. Stormcast Eternals are unable to become Soulbound. 

A Soulbound heals quickly and does not age - but when they die their souls shatters in an explosion of light and energy,”

That’s why Sylvaneth only accept it at great cost as it breaks their rebirth cycle and Stormcasts, Draconiths & Seraphon can’t do it at all.

Chaos gods do many fell deeds with their worshippers but they’re too greedy to lose souls like that permanently.

So there’s bound to be a twist on this, maybe a version that breaks down and mutates the flesh more as the cost instead so they can retain the soul? It’ll be interesting to see what they come up with.

Also more tweets on the Death book make me more envious. Cubicle7 are fantastic on making their books thick. 👌

• 2 weeks later...

Greywater Fastness teaser pics. I get why the Sylvaneth don’t like it, the old little pics of a factory city didn’t do it justice as the red flaming behemoth it was.

image.jpeg.c4725db156e4e072bbc5fac04365bf72.jpeg

AoS_BE_0030_Firing_Range-768x369.jpg

The single militarized road the Sylvaneth allow out of the city:

image.jpeg.6f62278bf6960b365eae7ae023441b3e.jpeg

(according to Dark Harvest it does well despite the one road with the vast swamps around the Fastness containing hundreds of small fiefdoms able to afford their own mercenary protection)

Nice to see they’re expanding on the Wanderers hiding in the city from the Sylvaneth who still view them as a traitor race.
image.jpeg.6059c1118a36e2e0c83e8c63b8265ef9.jpeg

image.jpeg.5294f2e5deea8bf15f8ae959b16a4232.jpeg

image.jpeg.fd6a86f102798490929720215fbd68bd.jpeg

This book contains:

• An epic campaign told across five thrilling adventures. Walk the streets of one of Sigmar’s most industrialised cities then strike out into the blasted wastelands and vibrant wilds of the Realm of Life.
  • A comprehensive guide to the city of Greywater Fastness. Discover its history and how it was founded, explore over 70 unique and strange locations, and learn about the major players in the city.
  • A beautifully illustrated map of Greywater Fastness!
  • New items to purchase in the city’s black markets, and new Endeavours to undertake while in the city!
  • New terrifying monsters and allied NPCs for your Binding to encounter!
  • Keep an eye out for more information on Blackened Earth over the coming weeks, as we ramp up to the release of this grand new adventure.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

• 1 month later...
On 8/22/2022 at 10:08 PM, NinthMusketeer said:

Weird to think about how razor-thin the margin was for Greywater Fastness to survive in the Seeds of Hope global campaign. We were very close to it being destroyed and none of this ever being written.

100%

I still remember people on this very forum saying though they had other alliances they would fight for Order to help build and expand the setting.

Cheers to all you that made the glory of the Grey Water Fastness possible! 🍻 

image.jpeg.a0a8400372485e74684d5b539d64cbf7.jpeg

In recent news today Cubicle7 has a Halloween event supplement for an Ulfenkarn appetizer. 🎃 

ibuynsn2qcu91.png?width=683&format=png&a

“Vossheim’s Holdouts works perfectly as a stand-alone adventure, a break from your regular Soulbound game, or as a prequel to future adventures in Ulfenkarn: City at the Edge of Death.

The 30 page PDF includes:

• A brief introduction to the city of Ulfenkarn.
  • Tips and tricks for running the ‘Grim and Perilous’ campaign framework.
  • A detailed Manor house location brimming with character and dark secrets.
  • The Vossheim’s Holdouts action and horror filled Adventure.
  • 5 pre-generated ‘Grim and Perilous’ characters fit for a night of horror in Ulfenkarn.”     

Apparently also featured a Wanderer Aelf who joined the local garrison in hopes of funding an education at medical school. Really love how Soulbound characterizes the aelves like this as just people making a living in the cities.

Lastly, Warhammer has developer insight on designing the Blackened Earth campaign:

https://www.wargamer.com/warhammer-age-of-sigmar-soulbound/blackened-earth-released

and there’s still one archetype left to reveal for Era of the Beast supplement. On discord they hinted it’s a witch Hunter associated job.

Since Ulfenkarn is the Vampire Hunter then Ghur will likely see a Spell Hunter like the Ven Densts with runic weapons to take down Endless Spells, Daemons and Elementals.

• Like 4