AoS 2 - Gloomspite Gitz Discussion

S133arcanite

Just now, Ganigumo said:

If you wanted to bring a boinggrot or troggoth hammer in a moonclan list that becomes harder with the reinforcement limits, since you'll be using pretty much all your reinforcements on your grots. I suppose we could switch to mangler hammers instead though.

I heard there was a limit on stacking saves but it was an older rumor, maybe it's not the case?

Fanatics run into trouble if there is a shooting unit behind the thing they want to charge, because then you'd need to charge the shooting unit instead of the intended target of the charge because the shooting unit could wait to shoot at the fanatics. Unless unleash hell gets errata'd of course.

+1 to hit will be helpful, but I'm not sure if it will be enough.

60 stabbas + 40 stabbas + 10 Boingrot/6 rockgut are the usual list and it is legal in the new system

1 minute ago, Ganigumo said:

Fanatics run into trouble if there is a shooting unit behind the thing they want to charge, because then you'd need to charge the shooting unit instead of the intended target of the charge because the shooting unit could wait to shoot at the fanatics. Unless unleash hell gets errata'd of course.

Yeah right. There is strange thing about this CA tough as in rumors it was 9" at the start of charge or something. And one playtester few deays ago talked as if that's actually the case. So maybe WarCom article didn't get rule right?

10 minutes ago, Boar said:

Yeah right. There is strange thing about this CA tough as in rumors it was 9" at the start of charge or something. And one playtester few deays ago talked as if that's actually the case. So maybe WarCom article didn't get rule right?

Honestly its hard to say. From the initial leaks from AoS List labs I got the impression that maybe something was lost in translation with the rules, as he didn't go into the specifics but it was clear he had seen the rules, and the specifics really matter. At this point given the number of slip ups with rules I wouldn't be surprised if the playtesters weren't playing with the rule properly and were playing with the "intention" of the rule, rather than trying to break it (which is what playtesting is supposed to find).

I fully expect this rule to get errata'd as its ridiculous, and it's embarrassing that this wasn't caught by the developers or the playtesters. Maybe it's fixed in the core rules, but I doubt it.

The list building change is mostly fine. Luckily most of our support units like Fanatics/Snufflers/stuff is usually best in small amounts so the reinforcements change is fine. Rockguts being limited to 6 instead of 9 sounds bad at first, but with the coherency changes that mob of 9 would be hard to use anyway. Fellwaters and Danks are pretty unaffected.

My only gripe is that this means I can't bring Squig Hoppers with my foot slogging list. I was working on a squad of 15 for fun, and I am not wasting my valuable reinforcement points on 10 Hoppers when I can use that for Stabbas, Troggoths or Bounderz.

@Nezzhil sorry, my bad. 

the answer to all list building questions should be: add a loonboss on a mangler and an extra mangler. 

regarding squig lists: it would be crazy if our Battelines remained 5 herds or 5 jumpers. One does not want more than 5 light cavalry in one unit anyways given more terrain and less table space. Yet poor squiggies cost two reinforcements... for what?!

1 minute ago, C0deb1ue said:

well quite honestly that was ******... 

Like most of articles, I mean without points you can claim almost anything.

That being said they should mention Boingrot Bounderz (instead of Fanatics) for whom CA +1 to hit with their 4+ hits means 25% increase in damage.

Fanatics unfortuantely die to Unleash Hell as was mentioned earlier in thread, and now we can be sure of wording of that CA, so RIP.

7 minutes ago, Boar said:

Like most of articles, I mean without points you can claim almost anything.

That being said they should mention Boingrot Bounderz (instead of Fanatics) for whom CA +1 to hit with their 4+ hits means 25% increase in damage.

Fanatics unfortuantely die to Unleash Hell as was mentioned earlier in thread, and now we can be sure of wording of that CA, so RIP.

I felt this one was particularly bad as it described the big nerf and then talked about an imaginary "strength" that kind of just implies everyone has been doing it wrong... and not that GSG have just been abjectly non-competitive for the last two years...

...then went on about one of the few good units and all the things it already did. Dazzling stuff... I hope we get someone different to write our new battletome....

Edited by C0deb1ue

I realized that Stabbas defending against shooting with 0 rend will only get 5+ save. So darkshards or similar high volume of rend 0 attacks will punish them. Thankfully vs rend -1 or more still works as usual. But it's bit of nerf right now

1 hour ago, Boar said:

I realized that Stabbas defending against shooting with 0 rend will only get 5+ save. So darkshards or similar high volume of rend 0 attacks will punish them. Thankfully vs rend -1 or more still works as usual. But it's bit of nerf right now

They also get hurt since their +2 to wound doesn't do anything, and penalties to wound are pretty rare.

2 hours ago, HostilSpike said:

Rejoice boys! We can no longer rely on lowering hit to survive so now we can just run whatever we want! 😂

Screenshot_20210614-140446_Chrome.jpg

The BoC effect. "Everything is awful so just throw models on the table and push them into the grinder, maybe you'll die slow enough to win"

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

They also get hurt since their +2 to wound doesn't do anything, and penalties to wound are pretty rare.

The BoC effect. "Everything is awful so just throw models on the table and push them into the grinder, maybe you'll die slow enough to win"

After reading all the core book. Gloomspite is one of the most nerfed books.

2 hours ago, HostilSpike said:

Rejoice boys! We can no longer rely on lowering hit to survive so now we can just run whatever we want! 😂

Screenshot_20210614-140446_Chrome.jpg

I am used to there being a lot of spin when they write these articles, but holy heck is that one way to frame a massive nerf as a buff. Stacking -1 to hit was sorta our thing, it's why so many units do it.

Also they mention later that the Gobbapalooza is better, when one of them (the Shroomancer, who used to be one of the better ones of the 5) is now kinda bad. His spell was designed for stacking -1 to hit, and now there is no reason to look at him since he is worse than Nets.

9 minutes ago, dirkdragonslayer said:

Also they mention later that the Gobbapalooza is better,

And mention 3 wizards, when in reality there are 2. Tough getting some thing or the other wrong is fixture of those articles

2 hours ago, Ganigumo said:

Yeah but I think they only have access to the universal spell lore because I'm pretty sure moonclan lore is locked to heroes only.

Still, some of the generic spells could be good. With the nerf to "to hit" modifiers mystic shield is a good pickup. That ghost mist spell might be good if terrain becomes more important.

Can't think of how to use Levitate yet since Squigs already fly and Spiders have pseudo-Fly. Flying troggoths?

1 minute ago, dirkdragonslayer said:

Still, some of the generic spells could be good. With the nerf to "to hit" modifiers mystic shield is a good pickup. That ghost mist spell might be good if terrain becomes more important.

Can't think of how to use Levitate yet since Squigs already fly and Spiders have pseudo-Fly. Flying troggoths?

Colossal squig doesn't fly! It's finally his day to get the zoomies!

• Like 1