Who is the best?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Arkanaut Admiral said:

Stormcast, Seraphon, DoK, Nighthaunt...anybody except the Overlords, unfortunately. :(

actualy kharadon overlord are decently powerful as long as they stick to what theydo best as aerial advantage of overlords can be deciding factor on grand alliances of order side kharadon overlord ship carrying slann mage or any summon based caster can keep much of the battle controled and let summoner keep reinforcements going.

45 minutes ago, khadgar567 said:

actualy kharadon overlord are decently powerful as long as they stick to what theydo best as aerial advantage of overlords can be deciding factor on grand alliances of order side kharadon overlord ship carrying slann mage or any summon based caster can keep much of the battle controled and let summoner keep reinforcements going.

I'm sure that you can't embark anything without the "skyfarer" keyword. So the 200 or 400 points expended on a +5/+4 save ship are going to be used to block charges (chaff can do that) or park the bus in bottlenecks (not saying that it's a wrong tactic). Of course a khemist+endrinriggers+ship means "an expensive wannabe alpha-strike for soup lists", but imho, if you want to play with that list, just build a KO army with clown-ship or assault-Brokk lists.

In other words: Slanns (and everything that is not an steampunk-pirate-dwarven-thing) is not allowed to use our ships.

3 hours ago, Beliman said:

I'm sure that you can't embark anything without the "skyfarer" keyword. So the 200 or 400 points expended on a +5/+4 save ship are going to be used to block charges (chaff can do that) or park the bus in bottlenecks (not saying that it's a wrong tactic). Of course a khemist+endrinriggers+ship means "an expensive wannabe alpha-strike for soup lists", but imho, if you want to play with that list, just build a KO army with clown-ship or assault-Brokk lists.

In other words: Slanns (and everything that is not an steampunk-pirate-dwarven-thing) is not allowed to use our ships.

read the grand aliance part mate kharadon overlords currently the only army can regularly contest the skies with normalish units all other factions need to pay more to get few units can contest their home turf.  the part with slann mage is actualy just one ship with skeleton crew can be  good staging grounds to lot of armies as long as summoner sticks to safety of well trained aerial strong hold in battle and keep new mooks coming

22 minutes ago, Ryan Taylor said:

But the Slann cannot go in the "stronghold". Guess I am confused with this tactic. 

well its kinda simple think your self as using seraphon army with kharadon overlords as alligence you have just one kharadon ship in air above the battle ground. you deploy the same way you deploy as seraphon but leave the slann mage in reserve as he is flying in the khradon overlord ship which nicely out of range of melee and ranged attacks. All slann mage need to do is fling magic from nice vantage point and deploy additional units when he needs to while khradon overlords ship keeps him safe and sound. only way to shut down slann mage is have air units destory the ship so it crashlands on battlefield where enemy units can kill it. its kinda simple enough when you think as strategy as your most important unit aka general is safe and has nice mobility where he can strike most need place most needed time. this is how khradon overlords can be usefull as asset in large armies where most units are still ground bound with little to no direct contest of skies in enough mass to make threat to you.

9 hours ago, khadgar567 said:

“I don’t have an army and I don’t play the game but let me tell you guys how you’re doing it wrong.” 

Ok I guess. 

@Ravinsild congrats mate you managed to understand a simple statement wrong and twist into something can create a flame war and get some one warned or even banned. As you kinda willingly forget i said i dont own or build any armies that does not mean i try to disagree you pros with some concepts. if you read my posts carefully enough i never say something like you must use them like this way as all of my posts analyze the particular factions main strengths and how they can be used as strong compositions in grand alliances with decent chance to succeed. and i do believe i called my self as noob as i do realy have no experience in the setting or game enough that i still dont give particular answer to ops post. so lets drop the hostile looking posts and enjoy a peaceful forum.

I agree @Ravinsild might be perceived as being a little harsh but what you are typing up makes no sense within the game.  This can lead to newer players (who want tom follow the rules) being confused that they can add things into KO ships. KO ships cannot be used in the way you describe. Since that is the case your strategy is not really a strong strategy or even relevant to the discussion. 

Understanding how the game works and how the rules for units interact is key to opposing the viewpoints on this. 

48 minutes ago, khadgar567 said:

As you kinda willingly forget i said i dont own or build any armies that does not mean i try to disagree you pros with some concepts.  

I did not forget that you said this, I used it to underline my point. You’ve said you have no intention, essentially, of buying Games Workshop products. You don’t own and army and you aren’t planning on getting one, apparently. 

Therefore with no game knowledge, at all, you can theorycraft all day, but unfortunately the Kharadron Overlords actual real life book is almost completely irrelevant and outdated now. It’s been errata’d and nerfed and FAQ’d into a completely different book and it no longer functions, more or less. 

Its not that people don’t know how to play KO or what their strengths are, it’s that they’re universally agreed, even by KO players, that they’re in a really weak place. 

They don’t have the tools they need to succeed to get 1st place in a huge tournament where all the best armies and the best units those armies have to offer are presented. 

The worst part about it all is that nobody knows if or when they’ll be updated or helped. It’s hard to say if they’ll get new units or models to fill in the gaps they’re missing or new rules to shore up their weaknesses. It may never happen. 

Although everything changes. One day their book could get another visit and reduce all the nerfs they received. They used to be a strong army, even with all their weaknesses, but it’s because what they were strong in they were super strong in. That got toned down but nothing else was given to compensate. 

On 10/22/2018 at 4:06 PM, khadgar567 said:

actualy if you look at the deeper lore morathi is actually knows nearly all the spells bone daddy nagash knows.  So if she realy want she can fire superior necroquake that makes nagash turn into ghost by sheer envy.  And lets not forget she has some acces to slanesh lore and maybe tzeench lores. She knows realy lot of spells and smart enough to play fiddle with both light and dark elves by modifying the ratio of souls divided between them. If malekith doesn't do any thing quick every elf faction is doomed to become part of daughters of khaine.

Its all fun and games untill Nagash bitchslaps Morathi down like he did in the age of myth.

6 hours ago, SirPug said:

Its all fun and games untill Nagash bitchslaps Morathi down like he did in the age of myth.

ow did he as the way i look morathi might be bit heated while around of gods thus her ego made her drop the glamour wrong time thus huting her plans bit to much for her calculations. when she cold enough she made sure elf souls and the ones killed by dauthers always go to first slannesh the to her. as her plan was gaining enough power to get her hands in godhood and look what tzeench brought to her a nice solid way to make herself goddess and have revenge by drain power bit by bit from slaneesh to her. when you look at it she still winning in the end

Archived