Help with chamon ideas

Nasnad

Hey all,

Starting my beasts of chaos army, and think i have settled on a realm, it was a toss up between chamon(Metal) and Ghyran(Life), but chamon would be the most unique.

But the hard part, is to integrate it into the army. 

Thinking of painting metal flakes into the wood of the shields, and maybe metallic horns. and gold or brass herdstone, or maybe just parts of it.

But what about the skin? In the book, they have different suggestions for some of the realms, like bight light skin for hysh and grey for shyish.

Was thinking metallic skin, but that might be a bit too much.

So any suggestions for how to paint an army from Chamon, and conversion ideas,

Maybe get some Kharadron Overlord or Dispossessed parts as trophies of war.

While metal gors might be weird, Bullgors could be partly brass (maybe use juggernaut parts)! Their old special character was covered in heavy armor. He never had a model, so people had to improvise.

DSCF7844.jpg

chaos-bull-by-mcgibs.jpg?w=450&h=315

It doesn't have to be khorne themed, it could be that your particular Herd became obsessed with shiny things! Or they might understand that metal horns means better skewering!

Brass or  dark metallic skin could work very well, maybe just do a quick test model to see if you like it or not. You could also try to find some steampunk weapon bits for them, which they would have gotten when they were raiding the Kharadron Overlords (who have a large presence in Chamon). If you happen to go Spawngave as well you could model mutated bits that have warped together with more steampunky equipment even, although that would be difficult and I have no idea if it would look good.

6 minutes ago, Ragnar Alpaca said:

Yeah I wouldn’t go with metallic skin, metal horns sounds really cool though, decide what color/colors you want the horns to be and use that to pick a skin color out.

Thinking either dark silver, or bronze with a little nihilakh oxide

3 hours ago, Nasnad said:

Hey all,

Starting my beasts of chaos army, and think i have settled on a realm, it was a toss up between chamon(Metal) and Ghyran(Life), but chamon would be the most unique.

But the hard part, is to integrate it into the army. 

Thinking of painting metal flakes into the wood of the shields, and maybe metallic horns. and gold or brass herdstone, or maybe just parts of it.

But what about the skin? In the book, they have different suggestions for some of the realms, like bight light skin for hysh and grey for shyish.

Was thinking metallic skin, but that might be a bit too much.

So any suggestions for how to paint an army from Chamon, and conversion ideas,

Chamon known as the realm of metal.

Ones there have been whole dwarfen (now known as duardins (dispossesseds)) civilization spread far and wight over the mountains.

Known for their craftmanship skills of forging, they soon established many treaties and trait  agreements. 

Blinded of their riches the dwarfs dug deeper into the mountain.

But instead of gold they found Doom and death.

my suggestion to you is to just use the ski ton you like.

yes the realm may be called “realm of metal” but from the fluff it is more a world similar to the old one in the fantasy edition.

rather than beeing a world fully made out of metal.

But hey if your looking for a great skin tone which may make sense with the fluff, try  the tzeentch one out , since there has been talk about a tzeentch army approaching and plundering the realm, this might be perfect for your army, but if your not a big fan on tzeentch I would just go with a look that suits your idea the most.

but let’s see which-thing will take-steal City burrows first yes-Yes.

clan mors is superior to all things,

Take-steal my precious city of pillar chaos-thing, and I will kill slay- you-you,

Yes-yes.

(this isn’t meant as a thread, just as a joke, you see I’m a skaven player and a big fan of clan Mors and it’s most cunning warlords of all “Queek Headtaker”.

you could also say that may skaven army/clan is now also located in the mountains city’s ones held proufhy by dwarfen might.)

5 hours ago, Nasnad said:

Thinking either dark silver, or bronze with a little nihilakh oxide

You would probably want a skin tone to not blend in with the horns for contrast, so, things like gold horns and light brown/tan skin I wouldn’t do, or bronze and brown I wouldn’t do. With a dark silver you could maybe go a pale blue/grey not full on blue like tzaangor but more like Russ grey, bronze I’m not sure I think it would look good I just don’t know a good skin/fur color, just stay away from browns like mournfang as you don’t want it to blend with the metal too much.

I think the skin has to stay mostly non metallic. But you can make some metallic fur patterns (leopardo dots, tiger lines). You could try : brass horns and teeth/claws, golden patterns on a black or dark blue or dark brown skin.

Make some bases with metallic oxydes tones to add some colour (red and green for iron oxydes, blue for copper). Look at "solfatare iceland" on Google.

I would suggest something not as literal as "my beastmen are from the realm of metal so their skin is metal".  The realm of Chaomon isn't completely made out of metal. You can find pure water etc. allthough the earth may have a metallic sheen. Near the edge of the realm it is a constant changing landscape. Tzeentch si attracted to this realm the most. So Tzaangors would make sense in your army.

So think about what this realm is like and then what makes sense. In the realm of light you could argue that dark skin makes more sense, as it offers protection from the sun. 

So what makes sense for chamon? different kinds of metals have different colors. so maybe you could use a real metal as inspiration. The planet marse is rich in iron, and therefore has a red, rusty color. Why not create bases similar to the ones often seen on adeptus mechanicus (40k). Then a blueish skintone would create a nice contrast with this red-orange color. and then you could go for rusty weapons.

another part of Chamon lore is that it is a realm alchemic wonders. So you could use that and give your beastmen an unusual amount of gold to wear. Maybe your army is led by a shaman who has the abilty to change any metal into gold? If you use a lot of gold, a dark fur and skintone would make a nice contrast. 

another idea is to imagine what armies your beastmen battle most. Maybe they go to war with the kharadron a lot, and so have looted some of their armour and weapons. 

Just some ideas you could use or fuel your creativity. Think of a nice idea behind your army and then figure out a good colour scheme, keeping some color theory in mind. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

• 1 month later...

My BoC are from Chamon as well. Instead of doing all metal, I have themed mine in that they pray to the dark gods for gifts within the herdstone. They stick their arms into the herdflame, and if they are worthy, the gods bless them with metallic arms. If not... they are toast.

I represent this by every 3rd or 4th Gor having metallic arms or even horns (sometimes both!) I used Ferrus Manus as inspiration.

IMG_1560.jpg

All my armies are from Chamon because I just love the Martian Iron____ texture paint and adore using it. That is literally it. I paint all 'stone' base features in a warpstone green, to give my Skaven a justification for being there. Haven't thought about it much beyond that!

WP_20181007_21_17_59_Rich_LI.jpg

Archived