Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chris Tomlin

AoS 2 - Dispossessed Discussion

5 minutes ago, Furuzzolo said:

Ain't bad!

You can bring two cannons and a copter for some solid bombing!

The question we should ask is: 

Is it better than 10 hearthguards+hero (maybe tunneling)?

Is it?

10 hearthguards + Runesmiter

Or

2 cannons + Gyro

?

I think we have a lot of bodies and the answer isn't really obvious here.  Tunnelings is good but with the cannons we can achieve kinda the same objective.

With the deepstrike you can attack or secure an objective, with the cannons you can zone and attack more than one...

I wonder if you have to choose? Because unless they make a  mention of a different set up for narrative play (in which you could already do this ) the ogor faction doesn’t make much sense. 1-3 Maneaters and a firebelly. Which is 200+ 120 respectively. Soooo that’s 1 to 3 ain’t gonna work within 400 pts of allies. 

Personally think the limit will remain for matched play and the mercenaries will (of course) be unlimited for narrative.

10 minutes ago, Zadolix said:

I'll be honest the merc company doesn't seem worth it over taking straight up ironweld allies. You lose a command point and need to take a gyrocopter to make it work.

War Machines
Cannon (160)
Cannon (160)
Gyrocopters (80)

You can have this with cannons hitting on 3+ with no rerolls only as long as the gycopter live and you lose a command point versus...

Leaders
Gunmaster (80)
War Machines
Cannon (160)
Cannon (160)

Your cannons hit on 4+ but you get rerolls and it will be more difficult to get at the gunmaster and kill him to stop those rerolls, plus you keep your command point.

I don't think this merc company benefits us as dispossessed players but will probably benefit other factions. Mercs count as using your ally points in pitched battles so if you want at least 2 war machines you are going to have to choose between a gyrocopter and a cogsmith/gunmaster. Taking the hero is way better for damage. 

Could be but the Gyro opens up some mobility options for you. The cannons can still attack 4+ other targets but with the Copter you can try to contest some remote objective held by an hero or, lets say, 5 gryph hounds or other small units.

Put the gyro at 3" from the unit to control the objective and attack with both cannons.

You cannot do this with the cogsmith.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zadolix said:

I'll be honest the merc company doesn't seem worth it over taking straight up ironweld allies. You lose a command point and need to take a gyrocopter to make it work.

War Machines
Cannon (160)
Cannon (160)
Gyrocopters (80)

You can have this with cannons hitting on 3+ with no rerolls only as long as the gycopter live and you lose a command point versus...

Leaders
Gunmaster (80)
War Machines
Cannon (160)
Cannon (160)

Your cannons hit on 4+ but you get rerolls and it will be more difficult to get at the gunmaster and kill him to stop those rerolls, plus you keep your command point.

I don't think this merc company benefits us as dispossessed players but will probably benefit other factions. Mercs count as using your ally points in pitched battles so if you want at least 2 war machines you are going to have to choose between a gyrocopter and a cogsmith/gunmaster. Taking the hero is way better for damage. 

Why not take 2x Organ Gun + Gyrocopter as Mercenaries and 1x Gunmaster as "normal ally" for +1 to hit and re-rolls (total 400 points)?

Am I missing something?

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Max Baumann said:

Why not take 2x Organ Gun + Gyrocopter as Mercenaries and 1x Gunmaster as "normal ally" for +1 to hit and re-rolls (total 400 points)?

Am I missing something?

That would be 480 points is the main point you are missing, I am afraid. (OOPS! Never mind, I read Cannon. Carry on. It is possible, but a lot put into artillery. If only there was a Collegiate Arcane Merc company. My Hurricanum wants to have some fun. lol)

Overall, I really do love the Merc companies, but they do fit a certain style. I doubt many of them will be an absolute must for allies, but they can shore up some weaknesses and be a fun addition. I want to see Dwarven Giants! lol Actually, the Giant Brothers one could be a great way to make a stand-in for big Dwarven golems. Ignoring the falling down deal...

Also, Duardin from Shyish with some Skeleton Dwarves? Bones of the ancestors coming to fight along side ya! 

Some outflanking Pistoliers could be fun, but with the amount of grumbling around Freeguild and Dispossessed being potentially mixed, might not be to everyone's tastes... lol 

The Blood Knights and Flesh Eater Courts will help my personal narrative. My Vampire Queen will side with anyone against Chaos...

Lots of fun possibilities. If the Dispossessed also gets some refined allegiance abilities and maybe even some sub-faction condensing, too!? Oh boy...

Edited by flamingwalnut
  • Like 1

Perhaps the mercs focus is for narrative play then but still has a matched play option (just more restrictive due to ally points).

Hopefully we'll see a preview of our changes this week :D

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Zadolix said:

Perhaps the mercs focus is for narrative play then but still has a matched play option (just more restrictive due to ally points).

Hopefully we'll see a preview of our changes this week :D

Do we think we'll see any updated warscrolls? I played in a 2v2 last night with a mixed order army of a Order Draconis dragonlord host and then a bunch of Dawi (20 warriors, 10 longbeards, and 20 thunderers) against 2 Gloomspite Gitz armies and by grungi's balls the difference in potential damage output between the old units and the new ones is insane

• Thanks 1

@ColsBols I wouldn't expect anything major, but some warscrolls do get changed with the accompanying FAQ's to some degree.. sometimes.

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, ColsBols said:

Do we think we'll see any updated warscrolls? I played in a 2v2 last night with a mixed order army of a Order Draconis dragonlord host and then a bunch of Dawi (20 warriors, 10 longbeards, and 20 thunderers) against 2 Gloomspite Gitz armies and by grungi's balls the difference in potential damage output between the old units and the new ones is insane

I know how you feel, I've got about 750pts of Gloomspite Gitz but the damage a horde of 40 Stabbas can put out with a few buffs is insane. It's the amount of mortal wounds that you can just pump out which is scary.

So what do you guys think about meeting engagements? I like the concept, the prospect of possible flanking beardies sounds fun on some scenarios. Artillery not arriving till turn 3 seems a real setback though. In big match formats artillery will still be great but in meeting engagements this seems like a kick in the teeth and we'll have to rely on our ranged infantry instead.

Edited by Zadolix

Hey guys, I've got the GHB on preorder.  I'll do up a dispossessed changes summary post when I get my hands on it in a week or so for those dwarves who have low movement speed 😏

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

2 hours ago, Breaks-the-iron Mont said:

Hey guys, I've got the GHB on preorder.  I'll do up a dispossessed changes summary post when I get my hands on it in a week or so for those dwarves who have low movement speed 😏

I regret that I have only one trophy to give. XD

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 POINT NERF TO WARRIORS IN GHB NO MENTION OF HAMMERERS , DRAKES OR BREAKERS

Image result for get the book

• Thanks 1

Yes,every army across the board got insane buffs in points.

Only a select overpowers units got nerfed(evocators,wytches,reapers,eels)all those from top tier armys and got huge buffs to all the others units from the army.

But dispossesed a BOTTON tier army got nerf to warriors,buff to heroes(who are a minor % of the list) and zero changues to units???

This is dissapointing for not saying other word.

How heck can be posible than hammers cost 160 points when swordmasters are better in all and now cost 110 points?or idoneths tralls have same stats but 100% more damage and cost as 120 now also.

I guess it is better to be squated,but those changues are in reality a squat of dispossesed for who want play balanced games.

Seriously i cant think any company who nerf a army who is at the botton but only games workshop.

• Haha 1

Lets wait and see how much the heroes dropped and what they changed for our allegiance. Hopefully there is a reason behind those changes.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AlmGandix3 said:

Lets wait and see how much the heroes dropped and what they changed for our allegiance. Hopefully there is a reason behind those changes.

Yeah @prochuvi you really can't look at points changes like this so 1-dimensionally. There have been both rumors and confirmations of expanded rules for GHB armies or changes to the rules if not.. it isn't worth speculating doom & gloom when we know nothing of what the rules even look like.

This point change is really going to ****** up my 1000 point list. I really hate how I will get left with large bits of points left with no way to fill it or get CP.

Maybe they'll indeed squat Warriors and keep the rest and heroes as it is.

That would explain it, or maybe we'll get new abilities and grudges.

Hi guys, 

I'm currently playing Nighthaunt and Spiderfangs, but I was thinking of starting a third army. Something good - order and I love dwarves in armor. 

First of all, is there a reason why we have Dispossessed and a separated Dwarf army? Why not put them together? As I can see it right now, if I am to pick Dispossessed (for their nice figurines) now they have no cannons or catapult? How wrong is that for a dwarven army? Anyway we can get cannons or Grudge Thrower as allies? (Since they have no battletome, I can't see anyway what allies they can take...) 

Second, what would you think of this army list? 

Allegiance: Order

LEADERS
Warden King (120)  
- General
Runelord (100)

UNITS
30 x Ironbreakers (360)
30 x Ironbreakers (360)
20 x Irondrakes (360)
20 x Irondrakes (360)

WARMACHINES
1x Canon (160)
1x Grudge Thrower (180) 

2000/2000 

The point of this army is to have a solid shield wall while the Irondrakes kills the ennemie from behind. Also, having a canon and a grudge thrower (that doesn't require me to see my ennemy and both with very long ranged attack) will force my opponen to move foward to me, thus making my slow movement not that bad perhaps. 

Didnt take a look at the magic items yet. 

2 minutes ago, VonBenny said:

First of all, is there a reason why we have Dispossessed and a separated Dwarf army?

Dwarf is the WFB Compendium name and references Compendium units. Its a separate thing. Like "Dark Elves" to "Darkling Covens".

Let's wait and see the allegiance abilities.

Look what they have done with Fyreslayers, Skaven and FEC, we'll have our spot in the sun 😉

Just be patient.

• Like 1

Changes in GHB Dispossessed For the Dispossessed, Warriors have had a small increase in points, and are now 90 points for 10. However, the Runelord, Unforged and Warden King have all been discounted! The former is a very solid allied pick in an Order force, with his Rune of Spellbreaking ability working as an excellent counter to key enemy Wizards.

Point values have leaked:

rune lord and unforged both 80

warden king 100

Hammerers 140/360

cannon down to 140

Leaked on the chan

I guess the choice betwen warriors and longbeard is a no brainer now.