AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

3 minutes ago, Erdemo86 said:

So 3 lord importants(😂)would mean. You can deepstrike in 3 units at 7 inch and use 3 command points without paying? Oo

i think at least 2 of them will be an auto include.

No, the rule is worded to prevent stacking Imperatants. You can only use this ability once per turn regardless of how many Imperatants you have.

...I think.

image.png.afefd059949d5cf0fa306b461f3c505a.png

Edited by PJetski
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Erdemo86 said:

It says once per turn this unit!

no it says "once per turn, if any friendly units with this abilty are on the field you can..."

meaning its one unit per turn period

not 3 different units with 3 lord imperatants

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, jhamslam said:

no it says "once per turn, if any friendly units with this abilty are on the field you can..."

meaning its one unit per turn period

not 3 different units with 3 lord imperatants

Oh you’re right, sry. So now a bigger unit of anhilators looks more interesting... Now I really wanna see the rest of the warscrolls like vindictors,new vexillor and praetorS..

Edited by Erdemo86

Hmm so by the current rules, could the Imperatant sit in the sky with the Annihilators? He drops down first and pops his ability on the Annihilators who come down next.

This all happens at the end of the movement phase, and by my understanding of sequencing the controlling player picks the order.

2 hours ago, PJetski said:

The mention of Retributors and Judicators was completely nonsensical because they didnt bother to specify and rule or point changes. It was like saying "yeah this unit plays a little different because the core rules changed" but that applies to every unit in the game so what's the point???

That was my thought as well, why show the "Big winners" and bother to namedrop a playtester with nothing to back it up, like comparing the retributors somehow to the annihilators. Do they do more damage? They are still the same "class" of unit, so if annihilators are the "defensive" guys with a 2+ save, maybe dropping some hints for retributors would be cool?

My guess is all the other paladins go to a 3+ save and then more output in general. Retributors might get a higher rend or something I hope, that would make them stand out among the melee units.

Judicators are only mentioned as big winners due to "quality shooting?" how? why? There are longstrikes and ballistas for that, judicators have been the bottom of the barrel for a long time, being over expensive and pathetic in melee as well. If anyone should be able to punch back a bit in combat it should be a stormcast who even has gladius sidearm.

I own a bunch of these, so an optimist would rejoice that these units are mentioned as big winners and a new book on the way, The pessimist says this is GW trying to get rid of the old stock...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Tizianolol said:

Guys have you understood new coherency rule? How can one model be more then 6" vertically from another one or 2? :(

40K added that in 7th edition. It only really matters for a couple of the 40K buildings or in scratch built terrain. Generally you don't need to worry about it.

What do you guys think of using puppets of war helmets for my warcraft conversions? Angel helms for the paladins, spartan helms for the normal footmen? My main concern is they'll be too big for the new models, who look smaller. (They're also rather expensive) Thoughts? Alternatives?

Angel Helmets - Heads - All bits - Models and bits (puppetswar.eu)

Spartan Helmets - Heads - All bits - Models and bits (puppetswar.eu)

The next thing will be making the other units fit warcraft. Spellbreaker evocators? Sorceress seems a little under dressed for a 3+ save. Pallador knights? Angel helmets on the annihilators? Maybe try for lion helmets on them instead? Not sure on how to use the heroes ... What their warcraft equivalents are.

Hope everyone is having a good week, For Sigmar!

Edited by TheArborealWalrus

46 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

make sure any homebuilt terrain is not above 6" basically

Oh its only about terrein, basically what I have to consider is one model within 1" from another model if 2-5 models and 1 model within 1" of 2 models if unit 5+ models? I mean if I play gitz i cant place one single line of 20 shootas for exemple?

Edited by Tizianolol

9 minutes ago, Tizianolol said:

I mean if I play gitz i cant place one single line of 20 shootas for exemple?

You could, but at the ends you'd have to have a guy in the second rank so they're next to two. Also be careful about casualty removal. Otherwise screening is still very possible. The 6 inch restriction only applies to height though.

2 hours ago, Scurvydog said:

That was my thought as well, why show the "Big winners" and bother to namedrop a playtester with nothing to back it up, like comparing the retributors somehow to the annihilators. Do they do more damage? They are still the same "class" of unit, so if annihilators are the "defensive" guys with a 2+ save, maybe dropping some hints for retributors would be cool?

My guess is all the other paladins go to a 3+ save and then more output in general. Retributors might get a higher rend or something I hope, that would make them stand out among the melee units.

Judicators are only mentioned as big winners due to "quality shooting?" how? why? There are longstrikes and ballistas for that, judicators have been the bottom of the barrel for a long time, being over expensive and pathetic in melee as well. If anyone should be able to punch back a bit in combat it should be a stormcast who even has gladius sidearm.

I own a bunch of these, so an optimist would rejoice that these units are mentioned as big winners and a new book on the way, The pessimist says this is GW trying to get rid of the old stock...

I agree I think its trying to dump old stock.  the old models got no details.

The combination of having to take units off the front for this rule to be useful and new coherency changes is already making me dread hauling about the SCE for 3.0

At least the wounds are banked until the end of the phase so you don't have to completely halt the flow of play every time an SCE dies to resolve casualties.

4 hours ago, Scurvydog said:

Judicators could get an extra shot. They did that for Melusai

7 hours ago, Erdemo86 said:

Oh you’re right, sry. So now a bigger unit of anhilators looks more interesting... Now I really wanna see the rest of the warscrolls like vindictors,new vexillor and praetorS..

Or you could work with dropping 1 MSU unit turn 1 and another on turn 2. 

Either way it does look like there's not that much incentive to spam too many Annihilators, you might want to drop heroes or vindicators as well. 

Edited by Evantas

8 hours ago, TheArborealWalrus said:

40K added that in 7th edition. It only really matters for a couple of the 40K buildings or in scratch built terrain. Generally you don't need to worry about it.

What do you guys think of using puppets of war helmets for my warcraft conversions? Angel helms for the paladins, spartan helms for the normal footmen? My main concern is they'll be too big for the new models, who look smaller. (They're also rather expensive) Thoughts? Alternatives?

Angel Helmets - Heads - All bits - Models and bits (puppetswar.eu)

Spartan Helmets - Heads - All bits - Models and bits (puppetswar.eu)

The next thing will be making the other units fit warcraft. Spellbreaker evocators? Sorceress seems a little under dressed for a 3+ save. Pallador knights? Angel helmets on the annihilators? Maybe try for lion helmets on them instead? Not sure on how to use the heroes ... What their warcraft equivalents are.

Hope everyone is having a good week, For Sigmar!

Spartan helms are a little too big imho. The Knight ones are good though.

CCD7592F-C192-4776-8056-59D37A30E2BA.jpeg

2D1B9903-6601-4380-81A0-C773F3D4600F.jpeg

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Evantas said:

Either way it does look like there's not that much incentive to spam too many Annihilators, you might want to drop heroes or vindicators as well. 

I think you will drop Heroes for their aura or CA so it will be fine to drop them 9inch away.

2 hours ago, Evantas said:

Yeah overnight I was thinking about a lord imperatant hidden away at the back of the board (no range requirement), pouring over a map, and calling in air strikes err Annihilator Thunderstrikes each turn.

Distinguished Leader!

Edited by PrimeElectrid
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

how much does this hurt the new allegiance ability and do you think it'll get FAQ'd

In general play, it will likely only effect how we remove casualties. Whether or not we go for the possible mortal wounds or being in range of hitting, etc. Speaking as someone who has played around with the 6" pile in nonsense, it can be easy to forget about such little things, so only the top of the food chain will likely try to exploit the weakness. If they want to go through the mental gymnastics to avoid some 1 in 6 chances at mortal wounds, I say let them. Hopefully they tire out their noggin and miss something bigger. Besides, most things don't have 2" range and if we charge in, then it won't be possible to avoid it. 

TLDR: I would say to look at it as a nice little bonus if it happens, rather than anything else.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PJetski said:

All Knights 6 wounds, all Lords 7 wounds? What a great idea 😉

oh i haven't seen things like this, sweet idea indeed.
Prevents big lords to die on big D6 MW, still possible to one shot support heroes but it is harder.

It seems fair and logical if everyone has it, i like this.

Edited by jeanfluflu

6 minutes ago, PJetski said:

All Knights 6 wounds, all Lords 7 wounds? What a great idea 😉

looks like they heard your rant about Lords having the same wounds as a Human General

Although....hear me out, maybe the wound bump is only for those with Gryph hound lackeys.

5 wounds on the lord, +2 for the gryph?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jhamslam said:

looks like they heard your rant about Lords having the same wounds as a Human General

Although....hear me out, maybe the wound bump is only for those with Gryph hound lackeys.

5 wounds on the lord, +2 for the gryph?

Knight-Arcanum doesn't have a hound but has 6 wounds