AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

Just now, CommissarRotke said:

well the knights in Cursed City had the Order keyword, that's why I said it. Are Devoted supposed to be more than a priesthood?

Think theyre a CoS Expansion, we might be able to take em if they write more than one Allegiance Ability for us

• Like 2

Love it!

The good:

• Reboot brings healthier rule sets.
  • SCE are the poster boys so will be very competitive to begin with.
  • They will reuse all the scrolls and we may have a Extremis chamber scenario on our hands (if they update Warrior Chamber model range rules)
  • The models, oooof (btw I built this 4 yrs back:

image.png.d15d3f038edcd41d4ff48aee36d251f7.png)

The bad:

• We may have a Sacrosanct Chamber situation on our hands and replace 2000 pts to build the coolest lists
  • The current release "jam" means models may be extremely hard to get hold of?
  • I HAD planned to save more than usual this year
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

a- new chamber seems like it'll be more defensive focused so I think older chambers will make up the mobility/spells/etc

b- again i'll hope for made to order, I know i'm getting the full box set of 3.0 but we'll have to see if there'll be other, separate kits

c- big mood, I'm moving this year so I'll probably have to stay with the starter and sell the other half

the really good:

1- mixed gender battleline unit!!!

2- no Bretonnian vibe!!

3- if the host talk is anything to go by, Stormcast will be keeping our humanity and won't be throwing mortals under the bus

edit: meant to quote @Turragor

Edited by CommissarRotke
  • Like 2

Why again new standard foot troops? I mean, it’s not that we don’t have plenty?!

what is with my dozens of liberators, paladins, evocators?

must we buy again 2.000points with newest models to be up to date??!

yes, I love the new style but I am getting angry. I have 1.000€ of models in my Vitrine of SCE. I bet they will be useless in the future. 

• Like 1

It's going to be exactly like Primaris Marines in 40k. You can still use Liberators but they'll never make another Stormcast with the regular armour again, it's all Thunderstrike from now on.

They've even set up justification in the fluff - only Thunderstrike armor can reliably make it back to Azyr for reforging, so the regular dudes are going to just die off over time.

Over time they'll push Thunderstrike more and more and eventually you'll just stop caring about the Oldcast.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, PJetski said:

It's going to be exactly like Primaris Marines in 40k. You can still use Liberators but they'll never make another Stormcast with the regular armour again, it's all Thunderstrike from now on.

They've even set up justification in the fluff - only Thunderstrike armor can reliably make it back to Azyr for reforging, so the regular dudes are going to just die off over time.

Over time they'll push Thunderstrike more and more and eventually you'll just stop caring about the Oldcast.

Thats, um, very grim and ****** up. I hope not. 

20 minutes ago, PJetski said:

and to reiterate what PJetski said here - non primaris continue to have updated rules in 40k (and are effective in-game). This is a range refresh done without invalidating old things. It is the best way forward. They are beautiful

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Its not stopping us to enjoy our vanguards, sacrosanct and warrior stormis in AoS 3.0. Im pretty sure there will be viable lists without the new stuff. At least as I see it. I will eg skip the new battleline and get that center piece model I always wanted: Yndrasta! Hi there sweetheart😉

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, rosa said:

Why again new standard foot troops? I mean, it’s not that we don’t have plenty?!

what is with my dozens of liberators, paladins, evocators?

must we buy again 2.000points with newest models to be up to date??!

yes, I love the new style but I am getting angry. I have 1.000€ of models in my Vitrine of SCE. I bet they will be useless in the future. 

it makes sense narratively even if others are right about pushing new/better troops for $$. With Cities/Stormcast being more on the defensive right now, a spear unit is exactly what we needed.

expect to see updated rules for all your Stormcast in our new book, they won't be obsolete at all IMO. All the other chambers still have great looking units that can easily have updated rules for 3.0

and tbh there is nothing stopping you from counting your existing units as thunderstrike versions in all games except tournaments, if it comes to that

2 hours ago, Nizrah said:

Well, if they update rules for current range its okay. If they make current modele super weak or unchanged its ****** up. 

To hop on the 40k primaris/first born comparisons - right now the 40k marine meta has a neat kind of balance with unit choices between the two.

Vanguard Veterans (oldmodels/first born) and Attack Bikes (oldmodels/first born) see a lot of play together with primaris choices.

That said, I'm building/converting primaris versions of those older models while making use of the older models' rules. But that's mainly the size difference. Can't stand marinelets beside primaris.

These new SCE will be the same scale.

Edited by Turragor
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, PJetski said:

Are you guys going to keep using the same colour scheme for the newcast or switch it up? I'm thinking about swapping to Celestial Vindicators or Knights Excelsior

After 3k in pts (see pic) I had enough of the gold scheme for a while. Time for some colorful reinforcements. It even fits lorewise..”in the face of total annihilation our brethren and sisters will join us”..but what color to choose? 😅

ps. One game I mixed in some visually different stormis from a friend of mine. Well, they fit well. 

844CF802-4F37-4F58-99F0-54A5C74086EF.jpeg

• Like 1

i'm kinda set on Hallowed Knights, but I'm considering doing some experimenting with non-blue colors to compliment the silver armor

12 minutes ago, Turragor said:

These new SCE will be the same scale.

it's looking like that yeah. Vindictors look basically the same size as other battleline, maybe *slightly* taller but the standing model also looks taller than the action posed ones.

I am kindof expecting the Annihilator to be bigger than other paladins, but will be happy either way.