AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

22 minutes ago, jhamslam said:

Buy Gardus Steelsoul! The Lord Celestant, a literal demigod who hammers foes into submission in the name of SIgmar and brings light to the realm of Death.

4 attacks 4+ 3+ no rend 1 damage

Dont forget:

5 wounds
Same command ability as a regular lord celestant but it only works on HALLOWED KNIGHT units and he can only use it if he is the general

Edited by PJetski
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jhamslam said:

Buy Gardus Steelsoul! The Lord Celestant, a literal demigod who hammers foes into submission in the name of SIgmar and brings light to the realm of Death.

4 attacks 4+ 3+ no rend 1 damage

I am torn between laughing and crying every time I read a BL story where a Lord Celestant is depicted as an absolute monster on the battlefield

44 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

I am torn between laughing and crying every time I read a BL story where a Lord Celestant is depicted as an absolute monster on the battlefield

Yeah i kid you not a Freeguild general would be of more use to us (both damage and utility wise) if it could be the Stormcast general in an SCE army.

So much for Sigmar's hand-chosen warriors

I will just say that im super disapoined by today preview. I excepted atleast some words like more things are coming for SCE soon. But no. Its more thing for LRL. They probably will have even more warscrolls than we have. Each better and with better internal balance. 

37 minutes ago, Nizrah said:

I will just say that im super disapoined by today preview. I excepted atleast some words like more things are coming for SCE soon. But no. Its more thing for LRL. They probably will have even more warscrolls than we have. Each better and with better internal balance. 

That wont happen until Adepticon preview time, so late march or early April. Thats when they show off the June July previews

I do love gardus and this model looks awsome. I only hope he get some solid rules. Because if he gets 5 wounds 3-3-3-1-1 im super disappointed. This guy is a solid badass in the storyline. He should be stronger then a random chaos lord. But as with all sce i try not to keep my hopes up. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, baiardo said:

@Juicy have you had time to try some more list with the stormtower garrison?You think worth it trying to make a paladin "bomb" with it?(2+ hit, 2+save with castellant)

Hi Baiardo, yeah i did try some more with differant styles. I tryed to make some kind of retributor/protector bomb. Felt good to play a themed force that looks like a force on the table aswell. Playing the stormkeep garrison felt wonky sadly.  To keep those blocks of paladins with +1 save+1 to hit is way to hard in a Meta where people shooting me and mortal wound me from a distance. If the lord relictor died i had no way to be mobile around the board and i found myself playing with paladins without the shield of civilisation buff most of the times.

one thing i did like was tricking some one into charging my 10 retributors with staunch+ lantern+ shield of civilisation. Insane tanky unit that still did a lot of damage. I was impressed about the damage output of the 10 rets every time. Sadly without the heraldor to move them in the movement fase or the lord relictor to move them in the hero fase i invest so much in a slow unit. So in some other games people just avoided them or killing al the support pieces first.
keeping the liberators near them is anoying aswel. That wholly within buff is super anoying. Found myself thinking more about: How to keep this unit buffed al the time then playing into the weak spots of the enemy. As i normaly played skyborne slayers i felt pretty immobile. I felt like having zero tricks and the battalion feels more thematic then good to bring to a tournament. Best thing i found about this battalion is a big unit of judicators with longbows + lord relictor+ 5 liberators near them to give them a better hit buff and some exploding 6. First time i liked the judicators with longbows.. I take xbows most of the time. ( even tho internet doesnt approve;))

I do however played a sick amount of games with stormkeep patrol. And where i still lose most games i manage to win more and more against lists that are not top tier. So whenever a player picked a non busted list i felt my stormkeep patrol lists was doing better and better. Even when i didnt get first turn. Reason for this is objective hugging. With sce i alway played to the senario more then killing stuff of my opponent so the redeploy moves me into a better position if not alpha striking. 

i do play in a high competative environment so my experience isnt for every one. Most of the players i play build the best list they can think of and i find myself often play, Tzeentch+archaon, Plague touched slaves, All sorts of DOK, idoneth, Seraphon and Bonereapers. One of my regular opponents does play the one drop Sce. 

• Like 3