Battalions
Hailstorm Battery (120)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (60)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 114

Okey, this is my latest idea. HB is only for artifact which in my meta with 2 players playing this ducking DoK list with shooting medusas which shoots 80 attacks with 6+ mortal wounds I think will help a lot. Im wondering about taking this extra 5"move instead of SD to eventually secure first turn charge on dracolines without putting them into azyr. 

18 minutes ago, Nizrah said:

Okey, this is my latest idea. HB is only for artifact which in my meta with 2 players playing this ducking DoK list with shooting medusas which shoots 80 attacks with 6+ mortal wounds I think will help a lot. Im wondering about taking this extra 5"move instead of SD to eventually secure first turn charge on dracolines without putting them into azyr. 

I like the list, but if you put the evocats on the table, what's stopping the snakes from shooting them off the table? Also, supposing these lists are khailebron, ballistas might really suffer vs -1 to hit

1 hour ago, Nizrah said:

Yea i know. Thats why DoK are so ****** army now. 

playing vs IDK or DoK is indeed frustrating: it's not just that they are good (they are) but it's also that you can appreciate how much of a breath of fresh air the Broken Realms rules have been for their list building, whereas we are essentially in the same situation as before -and worse, because people think that the bonus to liberators is actually a big thing, so why are we complaining?

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

playing vs IDK or DoK is indeed frustrating: it's not just that they are good (they are) but it's also that you can appreciate how much of a breath of fresh air the Broken Realms rules have been for their list building, whereas we are essentially in the same situation as before -and worse, because people think that the bonus to liberators is actually a big thing, so why are we complaining?

Exactly 

Still, to counter my own previous complaint :DI have a 1k points TTS tournament incoming and I think a 1-drop stormkeep patrol with 30 libs in astral templars might actually have legs

Spoiler
Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals

Leaders
Lord-Veritant (110)
- General
- Command Trait: Dauntless Hunters
- Artefact: Godbeast Plate
- Prayer: Divine Light

Battleline
30 x Liberators (480)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 6x Grandhammers
5 x Judicators (140)
- Skybolt Bows
- 2x Shockbolt Bows

Units
6 x Gryph-Hounds (120)

Battalions
Stormkeep Patrol (130)

Total: 980 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 94

With the 6" move and the charge the libs can spread out on multiple objectives and then manage them with the losses. At 1k points I would also be less scared about battleshock in case the veritant gets sniped. The gryph hounds (+the bonus one) and judicators will provide some measure of backboard presence

Edited by Marcvs

14 hours ago, Nizrah said:

I feel the same. 

But rejoice guys, i have news that new stormcast rules are coming with aos 3.0 around July. And my sources are telling me that they are juicy. 

Big if true, but I suspect they will be A tier for a couple months before the whining babies come out of the woodwork again, just like our last big update. 

Whiners: "Zomg muh Evocators do damage waaahhhhh no fair nerf plz"

GW: "Oh ok also we'll nerf Sequitors for no discernable reason lulz"

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Marcvs said:

Still, to counter my own previous complaint :DI have a 1k points TTS tournament incoming and I think a 1-drop stormkeep patrol with 30 libs in astral templars might actually have legs

Hide contents

Leaders
Lord-Veritant (110)
- General
- Command Trait: Dauntless Hunters
- Artefact: Godbeast Plate
- Prayer: Divine Light

Battleline
30 x Liberators (480)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 6x Grandhammers
5 x Judicators (140)
- Skybolt Bows
- 2x Shockbolt Bows

Units
6 x Gryph-Hounds (120)

Battalions
Stormkeep Patrol (130)

Total: 980 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 94

With the 6" move and the charge the libs can spread out on multiple objectives and then manage them with the losses. At 1k points I would also be less scared about battleshock in case the veritant gets sniped. The gryph hounds (+the bonus one) and judicators will provide some measure of backboard presence

Yeah works really well. Im doing some 1250 on tts with astral templars and 30 libs. Love it.  Funny thing is. At these point levels 30 libs in your fase turn 1 is pretty scary

Leaders
Lord-Relictor (100)
- General

Battleline
5 x Liberators (90)
- Warhammer & Shield
5 x Liberators (90)
- Warhammer & Shield

Units
10 x Protectors (340)
5 x Decimators (170)
3 x Prosecutors with Stormcall Javelins (90)

Battalions
Hammerstrike Force (120)

Total: 1000 / 1000
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 76

I've been in the game for some months now and want to play test some list ideas with my friends, how do you see that list?
Also, the only unit I miss are the protectors, is a safe bet take them?
I like the dracothian guard but doesn't seem to a have a lot of play, too expansive for what they do or what?

Cheers!
Edited by baiardo

8 hours ago, baiardo said:

Leaders
Lord-Relictor (100)
- General

Battleline
5 x Liberators (90)
- Warhammer & Shield
5 x Liberators (90)
- Warhammer & Shield

Units
10 x Protectors (340)
5 x Decimators (170)

Battalions
Hammerstrike Force (120)

I've been in the game for some months now and want to play test some list ideas with my friends, how do you see that list?
I like the dracothian guard but doesn't seem to a have a lot of play, too expansive for what they do or what?

Cheers!

If you want to transit eventually to 'Skyborne Slayers' (please see the forum topic), yes you can go this way as protectors are a core unit there. 

12 hours ago, Evantas said:

If you want to transit eventually to 'Skyborne Slayers' (please see the forum topic), yes you can go this way as protectors are a core unit there. 

This 100 %

20 hours ago, baiardo said:

Leaders
Lord-Relictor (100)
- General

Battleline
5 x Liberators (90)
- Warhammer & Shield
5 x Liberators (90)
- Warhammer & Shield

Units
10 x Protectors (340)
5 x Decimators (170)

Battalions
Hammerstrike Force (120)

Cheers!

For just this list you have a few things that are pretty much point wasted.
-Hammerstrike battalion does nothing really for your paladins since most of that damage comes from starsoul maces and you be removing non starsoul mace guys first. Saves 120 points for more bodys
-decimators are pretty bad. Slow movement and even in skyborne slayers they underperform. My advice drop them for another free 170 points.
-Liberators  give the prime a grandhammer.
-lord relictor with translocation or divine blessing is pretty strong at 1000 points but if you want to make paladins work look into these 2 heroes i write down below.
-if you go with 10 protectors try to invest into a lord castellant to buff them to a 3+ save. Then invest into a knight heraldor to bump that speed with run and charge.
-The main problem your list has is. Its slow and no range treat. You can counter this by taking 3 longstrike raptors=170 points. They are solid in 1000 pts.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Juicy said:

For just this list you have a few things that are pretty much point wasted.
-Hammerstrike battalion does nothing really for your paladins since most of that damage comes from starsoul maces and you be removing non starsoul mace guys first. Saves 120 points for more bodys
-decimators are pretty bad. Slow movement and even in skyborne slayers they underperform. My advice drop them for another free 170 points.
-Liberators  give the prime a grandhammer.
-lord relictor with translocation or divine blessing is pretty strong at 1000 points but if you want to make paladins work look into these 2 heroes i write down below.
-if you go with 10 protectors try to invest into a lord castellant to buff them to a 3+ save. Then invest into a knight heraldor to bump that speed with run and charge.
-The main problem your list has is. Its slow and no range treat. You can counter this by taking 3 longstrike raptors=170 points. They are solid in 1000 pts.

Thank you!!

Super useful advice!!!

When I'm comfortable using that models it's a good upgrade the prime-celestant or is best investment a block of 30liberators or other 6raptors?

1 minute ago, baiardo said:

Thank you!!

Super useful advice!!!

When I'm comfortable using that models it's a good upgrade the prime-celestant or is best investment a block of 30liberators or other 6raptors?

-Right now the Longstrike raptors are soo strong. They play super nice. The damage output is good and the range is insane. At 170 points raptors are really strong and i cannot think of any player that doenst love these guys.
-Celestant prima. I love him but he is hard to use. There are some people who play him to shoot mortal wounds at 24 inch just as some kind of range unit but i never liked it. I always brought him in to steal the win late game and take over an objective. But still i wouldnt advice him for newer players because he can be pretty underwelming. This dude does around 12/14 damage turn 3 so that isnt a lot. You wont be smashing big units with it. He dies to anything that looks at him. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

49 minutes ago, Thanos-se said:

I have one question about Hammers of Sigmar's command ability "soul of the stormhost". If the unit is destroyed in 2nd turn, can I use the command ability in the remaining turns to bring back the unit???OR if the roll fails I can't use it in third or fourth hero phase?

turn the unit is destroyed. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, baiardo said:

Thank you!!

Super useful advice!!!

30 liberators is something im loving and trying to make work. Right now im on a 50/50 winrate. Its hard because this block just doenst do any damage and to get the best use out of it you want to go stormkeep. The problem i have is moving the block around.  The stormkeep list with 30 liberators and 9 raptors with anvils plays really well. I feel its not stronger then our vanguard auxillairy chamber but still strong.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Juicy said:

30 liberators is something im loving and trying to make work. Right now im on a 50/50 winrate. Its hard because this block just doenst do any damage..

I'm happy you have a good response from liberators, they're a big rubber wall!

In stormkeep you're playing also the lord veritant+gryph hounds and some judicators?

18 minutes ago, baiardo said:

I'm happy you have a good response from liberators, they're a big rubber wall!

In stormkeep you're playing also the lord veritant+gryph hounds and some judicators?

i did lots of list for 5/10 games then changing it up. Trying to make it work. But remember my local meta is pretty competative.

Astral templars
30 liberators
20 xbow judicators
stormkeep patrol

won 6/10.  Trick here was to alpha strike the liberators in then shoot stuff with the xbows. with the astral templars you can move al these 50 bodys in place pretty easy.

did change it up to Anvils of the heldenhammer and translocation on the knight veritant together with a knight vexillor to alpha 20 judicators on 1 flank. Shoot then translocatie to the other flank and shoot again.  If anything survived i could teleport with the vexillor.  won 2/5. Wasnt really my style to play since im more of an Melee kind of player. But my opponents liked it. Al games where very close. The games that i lost with anvils where against deepkin double turtle and 2 times daughters of khaine. Morathi just nuked 21 wounds a activation against the libs. Problem i had also was getting a lord castellant in range. Where with Astral templars i could do it easy. But the damage output of 2 activations 20 xbow judicators is sweet.

Changed the list to 
anvils
30 liberators
9 longstrikes

played some games with the stormkeep patrol and some without it. Both felt oke but i did really miss the redeploy. With the 9 longstrikes i felt i could just redeploy on an objective and not alpha in and shoot stuff with the 9 longstrikes. The damage of 9 longstrikes is enough to keep players from moving within range. 

played 3 games and won them all. But these opponents where less hardcore lists so 3 games isnt enough to really advise it yet.

My love would be 60 liberators with astral templars but lost 5 games in a row with it against idoneth and daughters. Somehow i cannot make it work just yet.

hope it helps.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Juicy said:

My love would be 60 liberators with astral templars but lost 5 games in a row with it against idoneth and daughters. Somehow i cannot make it work just yet.

Thank you for the detailed resume, always needed to understand better the game, personally I like the aesthtic of the gryph-dog, hope they could see more interaction and maybe some points reduction?

Yeah, make an efficient "horde" army with 40mm minis could be  fun to see!more libs for all!

2 hours ago, baiardo said:

Thank you for the detailed resume, always needed to understand better the game, personally I like the aesthtic of the gryph-dog, hope they could see more interaction and maybe some points reduction?

Yeah, make an efficient "horde" army with 40mm minis could be  fun to see!more libs for all!

the dogs did great in all games. People find them anoying to deal with. Killing power of a wett noodle but the perfect screen.  I really hoped that gryphounds would drop to 100 atleast but sadly that didnt happen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Juicy said:

the dogs did great in all games. People find them anoying to deal with. Killing power of a wett noodle but the perfect screen.  I really hoped that gryphounds would drop to 100 atleast but sadly that didnt happen.

Haha, Great!

Can I ask you to share your list with the "good boys"(dogs) please?!:)

Edited by baiardo

- Stormhost: Hammers of Sigmar

Leaders
Gavriel Sureheart (120)
Knight-Vexillor (110)
- Pennant of the Stormbringer
Lord-Ordinator (140)
Knight-Azyros (100)
- General
- Command Trait: We Cannot Fail
- Artefact: God-forged Blade
Lord-Exorcist (90)
- Spell: Lightning Blast

Battleline
5 x Liberators (90)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers
5 x Liberators (90)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers
5 x Liberators (90)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers

Units
15 x Evocators (630)
- 10x Grandstaves
- Lore of Invigoration: Speed of Lightning

Artillery
Celestar Ballista (110)
Celestar Ballista (110)
Celestar Ballista (110)
Celestar Ballista (110)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Extra Command Point (50)
Purple Sun of Shyish (50)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 128

I don't played gavriel bomb for long time. I wonder if my friends forgets how to screen xDDD 
Evo starts on ground to cast empower and then teleport via Vexillor.