AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

Here's a review covering pretty much all the contents (so, spoiler alert!)

https://spruesandbrews.com/2020/11/07/broken-realms-morathi-review-warhammer-age-of-sigmar-spoilers/

liberators seem to get +1 to save if they do not move (nice if you deploy them via scions)

the Wardens battalion seems nice to just lower your drops and get the CP + artifact -but it specifically can't include any MONSTERS (why discriminate against Stadrakes?? :()

the patrol pre-game redeployment is really cool for pushing out your screens and taking space

EDIT: all battalions are pretty expensive though :/ (140-160 pts 😮 )

Edited by Marcvs

1 minute ago, rosa said:

Wow

So double tap COS units for shooting in anvils? Oh boy

still no, the text I screengrabbed in the comment before says that STOMCAST ETERNALS unit get the stormhost keyword, and CoS unit do not get the STORMCAST ETERNALS keyword

EDIT: I feel like the Grinch writing this

Edited by Marcvs
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, rosa said:

I would allow it raw, sorry. 🤷🏻‍♂️

feel free to do it as long as your opponent/TO agrees. I wouldn't call it RAW intereptation though, as RAW they are treated as STORMCAST ETERNALS so through your interpetation you are adding a new keyword (the Stormhost one) which is not mentioned in the written rules -in fact, the written rules specifically say that only STORMCAST ETERNALS units get the stormhost keyword. Btw, also the GoonHammer article interprets this in the same way. Let's hope that a FAQ clarifies this anyway.

Edited by Marcvs

I am adding nothing really.

When I want to use any command ability my COS unit will be treated as if they were a stormcast unit. I read it like this.

Let's hope for a quick faq clarification though and change the topic.

So how do you feel about the battalions?

I really like them.

Damn guys some of the batallions are crazy nice, i don't have any idea of how it could go under competitive circumstances but imagine this.

You get your stormkeep patrol setup on the table, you TP them close to an objective, securing it with liberators....Etc.
But the battallion also allows you to bring up a "justicar" unit, and our vanguard hunter are in fact justicars, you can then make them shoot with anvils of heldenhammer AND use the translocation prayer to TP them elsewhere if needed to shoot something else during the shooting phase.

stormtower garrison is good to get large untis in it (2 liberators, 1/2 palladins, 1/2 justicars) and significantly reduce drops on the table while offering some nice buff (+1 to save and hit on paladins is really appreciated).

possibilities are vast and the buff to liberators was needed as it helps them to get better at their role (holding obj, make oponent loosehis time...etc).

I know this is going nowhere and i'm just thinking into the void but i love that we can play in such a way! glad to get this book it's gonna be so great!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, jeanfluflu said:

Damn guys some of the batallions are crazy nice, i don't have any idea of how it could go under competitive circumstances but imagine this.

You get your stormkeep patrol setup on the table, you TP them close to an objective, securing it with liberators....Etc.
But the battallion also allows you to bring up a "justicar" unit, and our vanguard hunter are in fact justicars, you can then make them shoot with anvils of heldenhammer AND use the translocation prayer to TP them elsewhere if needed to shoot something else during the shooting phase.

stormtower garrison is good to get large untis in it (2 liberators, 1/2 palladins, 1/2 justicars) and significantly reduce drops on the table while offering some nice buff (+1 to save and hit on paladins is really appreciated).

possibilities are vast and the buff to liberators was needed as it helps them to get better at their role (holding obj, make oponent loosehis time...etc).

I know this is going nowhere and i'm just thinking into the void but i love that we can play in such a way! glad to get this book it's gonna be so great!

I agree: battalions are decent (the heroes one) to good (the other two) but I find them quite expensive

EDIT: concerning the garrison, I wonder whether you can take the Stormkeep, keep scions (so, don't take the alternative allegiance abilities, if I understood correctly) and still use the middle battalion

Edited by Marcvs

1 minute ago, Juicy said:

oke im super hyped about these new battalions. we can get very well armoured liberators and paladins. And i already got al this stuff painted cause i played skyborne slayers like a lot. 
both battalions means its a 2 drop army. pretty cool

agree, I like the shieldwall rule and the fact that you can still keep your deepstrikes either through the patrol or Slayers. I have a pair of of TTS tournaments upcoming (they won't use broken realms rules yet) so to start epxerimenting with oldCast I will bring Skyborne Slayers with 30 liberators and 20 protectors :D then I'll decide wether I want to paint all this stuff lol

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

agree, I like the shieldwall rule and the fact that you can still keep your deepstrikes either through the patrol or Slayers. I have a pair of of TTS tournaments upcoming (they won't use broken realms rules yet) so to start epxerimenting with oldCast I will bring Skyborne Slayers with 30 liberators and 20 protectors :D then I'll decide wether I want to paint all this stuff lol

Nice! the weak part of the slayers for me are always the decimators. In the 100 or so games they always underperform. So i be glad to give retributors a try. 30 liberators felt always oke but at time 20 could do the job. Even cause right now we got so many objectives and i would love to contest them all;) 20 protector are godmode they are so nice to play and the maces can do really well. Best thing is the battleshock immume. I ques i need to use pendant of sigmar now for that 2+ to protect stuff from running away. :) i wonder how many points these battalions are.

9 minutes ago, boombyeyeah said:

Raptors are Justicar too. Hurricanes with +1 to hit could be become quite the thing with this new battalion 

if this bonus is granted as a general rule yes, but i wouldn't be surprised if it only applied to melee weapons

Edited by jeanfluflu