AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

4 minutes ago, Tiriom said:

What makes you think you couldn’t use him as generic?  I’m genuinely curious because he looks pretty standard, just like when I have multiple primes and combine units and just let my opponent know who the prime is.  I personally love this approach I mean most people complain about cost of the hobby. Seems like a nice way to give us more options in one kit usable multiple ways. 

I don't think it gives you more options. Imagine you only want a Lord Arcanum on Dracoline. If there wasn't Astreia available, you would have to buy a box of three EoDs, build your Lord of one of them and put the other two in your bit box, because unit size for EoDs is 3 (or 6 etc.). Its the same as Nurgle Lord of Afflictions but worse because you have 2/3 and not 1/2.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Trayanee said:

I don't think it gives you more options. Imagine you only want a Lord Arcanum on Dracoline. If there wasn't Astreia available, you would have to buy a box of three EoDs, build your Lord of one of them and put the other two in your bit box, because unit size for EoDs is 3 (or 6 etc.). Its the same as Nurgle Lord of Afflictions but worse because you have 2/3 and not 1/2.

I agree if soulbright wasn’t available but she is so I feel like it’s a non issue.   Besides I foresee games where you’d use an LA but not necessarily the evos on dracoline or vice versa

Edited by Tiriom
  • Like 1

I thought alot about competive list building last days and i think now where mixed order is not so good anymore, the best place for a Frostheart Phoenix is as ally in a Stormcast army. I came up with this:

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals

Leaders
Anointed Of Asuryan On Frostheart Phoenix (280)
- Allies
Lord-Arcanum on Gryph-Charger (240)
- General
- Trait: Staunch Defender  
- Celestial Staves (Artefact): Staff of Focus
Lord-Castellant (100)
Knight-Heraldor (100)
Knight-Incantor (140)

Battleline
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
20 x Sequitors (400)
- Stormsmite Mauls and Soulshields
5 x Sequitors (120)
- Stormsmite Mauls and Soulshields

Units
3 x Evocators on Dracolines (300)

Endless Spells
Everblaze Comet (100)
Chronomantic Cogs (60)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 280 / 400
Wounds: 110

what do you guys think?

Edited by Erdemo86

5 hours ago, Stridarion said:

I love the new scion rules. Made 2 charges of 9" but can't count on that on average. What are our charge buff options? 

Gavriel give +3 to charge around him. The vexxilior give reroll to charge in a huge area. The endless spells cogs can give a +2 to run/charge on the map. Dracoline have native reroll charge

5 hours ago, Erdemo86 said:

The evocators can have a staff, is it worth it?

It's better than the sword against 4+, 5+ and 6+ save. But it look worse

1 hour ago, barjed said:

Got two more questions.

Celestant-Prime, while being a unique character, can benefit from the stormhost bonuses, correct?

Does the Shock and Awe trigger on Aquilor's teleporting shenanigans? If so, that seems like a direct buff to Palladors.

Yes and yes. Every set-up benefit from shock and awe, so a Aquilor and some Pallador can be really annoying with some lucky charges

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Why take the cogs and risk failing the spell (or having it unbound) when you can just use Gavriels command ability twice for +6" charge, or even three times for a +9" guaranteed charge?

Gavriel + deep strike charges is going to be a huge part of the new meta. 

On 7/7/2018 at 5:40 AM, Bellfree said:

They can be taken in other stormhosts, look at Lady Atia's blog for confirmation. Second, most of the named heroes are really iffy anyway. Neave is solid but works just fine without the Hammers' tactics(and is still better than the generic Zephyros), Gavriel I guess is really strong after the rewrite and Vandus is actually a consideration now but Astreai and The mage guy aren't anything special compared to the generic guys. Basically, the special characters aren't good enough to be a 'swaying' factor unless you already really like the Hammers of Sigmar stormhost rules.

I agree with you on all of this except for Aventis.  That dude gets the following over a normal Lord-Arcanum on a Tauralon:

+1 mount attack
5+ mortal wounds on enemies that wound him in melee
heal one wound a turn
Cast and Unbind 2 spells instead of 1
A spell that is either better or (at worst) a sidegrade
A command ability that is more universally useful

All of that for only 20 points more.  You don't get to give him a command trait or relic, but you don't have to make him your general, and to gain the benefit of his command ability you have to be Hammers of Sigmar (or use it on himself).  I really do think he is a straight upgrade across the board for the generic Lord on Tauralon.

17 minutes ago, Galdar777 said:

I noticed reading the new tome that there are quite a few ways to reduce bravery. Would a bravery bomb style list be competitive in any way?

I was thinking the same thing. It would look something like this:

Grand Convocation

LADracoline - General (+1 attack), Terrifying Aspect (-1 Bravery), Banshee Blade, Pride Leader, Dracoline (-1 Bravery)

Incantor

Incantor

Exorcist (spell based on bravery)

Celestant Prime (-2 bravery the turn he comes in)

Veritant - God King’s Aspect (-1 bravery), Shriving Light (-1 bravery, -2 if CHAOS)

5x Sequitor

5x Sequitor

5x Sequitor

Decimators (-2 bravery in battleshock phase)

Gravetide (-1 bravery)

Ravening Jaws (-1 bravery)

1880/2000

You can potentially give an enemy unit -10 bravery, -11 if its CHAOS

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, PJetski said:

Gavriel + deep strike charges is going to be a huge part of the new meta. 

Can we use him in a non Hammers of Sigmar army ?

I'm having hard times to fully understand what can or can't get used in a SE army without Stormhost.

2 minutes ago, Sev said:

Can we use him in a non Hammers of Sigmar army ?

I'm having hard times to fully understand what can or can't get used in a SE army without Stormhost.

You can, but he only effects units with HAMMERS OF SIGMAR keyword

4 minutes ago, PJetski said:

I was thinking the same thing. It would look something like this:

Grand Convocation

LADracoline - General (+1 attack), Terrifying Aspect (-1 Bravery), Banshee Blade, Pride Leader, Dracoline (-1 Bravery)

Incantor

Incantor

Exorcist (spell based on bravery)

Celestant Prime (-2 bravery the turn he comes in)

Veritant - God King’s Aspect (-1 bravery), Shriving Light (-1 bravery, -2 if CHAOS)

5x Sequitor

5x Sequitor

5x Sequitor

Decimators (-2 bravery in battleshock phase)

Gravetide (-1 bravery)

Ravening Jaws (-1 bravery)

1880/2000

You can potentially give an enemy unit -10 bravery, -11 if its CHAOS

The dracolions have a intimidating roar too for another -1

1 minute ago, PJetski said:

You can, but he only effects units with HAMMERS OF SIGMAR keyword

So i got to choose HAMMERS OF SIGMAR Stormhost,(and use the Command trait, etc from it) right?

1 minute ago, Galdar777 said:

The dracolions have a intimidating roar too for another -1

I accounted for the Dracoline ability

Just now, Sev said:

So i got to choose HAMMERS OF SIGMAR Stormhost,(and use the Command trait, etc from it) right?

If you want to use Gavriels command ability on the rest of your army, yes.

Edited by PJetski

12 minutes ago, Erdemo86 said:

the Game was pretty much over... So everyone who said we got nerfed,till yesterday i lost last 3 games i played against him so far...

except that, if i'm right, by choosing the Hammers of Sigmar stormhost, you couldn't use the staff as artefact (since you didnt had any batallion) 
Correct? 

4 minutes ago, PJetski said:

If you want to use Gavriels command ability on the rest of your army, yes.

Thanks ❤️

Edited by Sev

1 hour ago, chord said:

I think the Knight Venator's new wording for the star fated arrow means it would work with the Bless Weapons right?  

Yes, the combo is definitely legal. Too unreliable to expect a 6 in the single turn you can use the arrow. You can use the Luckstone to get that guaranteed 6, but at this point the investment is huge (artifact, Lord Relictor and 4+ prayer). The payoff is huge, though!

Has anyone looked at a Heavy Cav list using 2x 3 EoVs, Palladors 6, Hurricanum, Everblaze and Lord Aquilor,  Liberators as Battleline. The mortal wound output seems really good with the Lord Aquilor and Palladors taking pot shots and constesting the rear and flanks of my opponent.

I normally run Free People and its REALLY strange not having 170 models on the tabel.

Edited by SilverJelly
Added info

7 minutes ago, SilverJelly said:

Has anyone looked at a Heavy Cav list using 2x 3 EoVs, Palladors 6, Hurricanum, Everblaze and Lord Aquilor,  Liberators as Battleline. The mortal wound output seems really good with the Lord Aquilor and Palladors taking pot shots and constesting the rear and flanks of my opponent.

I normally run Free People and its REALLY strange not having 170 models on the tabel.

I have thought about it. I came up with a celestant  on dracoth. Three units of five liberators. 4 fulminators, 6 paladors, 6 evocators on dracolins. Think that’s 2k

Having some fun building a new list, although similar to others, whats people's thoughts on this: 

Leaders

Lord Arcanum on Turalon (General) - God Forged Blade

Lord Ordinator

Knight Incator - Staff of Focus

Knight Vexilor 

Battleline

5x Sequitors

5x Sequitors 

5x Sequitors

Units

5x Evocators 

5x Evocators 

3x Castigators

Artillery

Celestar Basllista

Celestar Basllista

Endless Spell 

Everblaze Comet

Batallion 

Cleansing Phallanx

34 minutes ago, Cyanix0 said:

Having some fun building a new list, although similar to others, whats people's thoughts on this: 

Leaders

Lord Arcanum on Turalon (General) - God Forged Blade

Lord Ordinator

Knight Incator - Staff of Focus

Knight Vexilor 

Battleline

5x Sequitors

5x Sequitors 

5x Sequitors

Units

5x Evocators 

5x Evocators 

3x Castigators

Artillery

Celestar Basllista

Celestar Basllista

Endless Spell 

Everblaze Comet

Batallion 

Cleansing Phallanx

Sounds nice! But the Ordinator is not really worth it with less than three Ballistas. What about 3 Hurricane Raptors instead? Or a Lord-Veritant for unbind+prayer?