AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

33 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

You might regret the lack of wizards going up against Nurgle depending on the list

I thought about it, but i will try to kill them with comet+ heraldors+ balista+ Judis maybe + Fulmi shooting.

also the comet gives -2 to casting rolls for enemy wizards in 5“ range. I think he only has a festus and a unclean one.

Edited by Erdemo86
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, RocketMan said:

No you are wrong, a lot...if u choose one of the storm host in the book than u’ll gain all the abilities 

I dont choose  one out of the book. I make my own stormhost aNd call them hammers of sigmat my friend.

but if thats not possible i can exchange gavriel with coggs and a upgrade the 5 seqs to judis. And use the one cp for reroll charge.

Edited by Erdemo86

10 minutes ago, Erdemo86 said:

Ok that sounds logic. Then i will exchange gavriel for coggs and upgrade the unit sequitors to judicators.

I would also do the ballista and add in a knight incantor instead of upgrading to judicators.  Her auto unbind has been key in all four games I've played with her.

What does everyone think to the Drakesworn Templar ?.

What weapon would you say is the best to equip him with?

If using the stormhosts, can it be the general and would gain the hosts abilities/items?

Edited by Shinzra

Looking at maybe trying this for my first game.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

+++ Celestial Vindicator Stormcast Eternals [1980pts] +++

+ Celestial Vindicators Stormhost +

+ Leader +

Drakesworn Templar : Command Ability - Righteous Hatred, Command Trait - Single Minded Fury, Artefact - Stormrage Blade, Mount Trait - Keen Clawed.

Knight-Incantor

Lord-Arcanum  (General)

+ Battleline +

Judicators: 5 Judicators, Shockbolt Bow, Skybolt Bow

Sequitors: 2x 5 Sequitors, 2x Stormsmite Greatmace

+ Other +

Vanguard-Palladors: 2x 3 Vanguard-Palladors

+ Allegiance +

Allegiance: Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals

Edited by Shinzra

1 minute ago, Shinzra said:

Looking at maybe trying this for my first game.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

+++ Celestial Vindicator Stormcast Eternals [1980pts] +++

+ Celestial Vindicators Stormhost +

+ Leader +

Drakesworn Templar (General) : Command Ability - Righteous Hatred, Command Trait - Single Minded Fury, Artefact - Stormrage Blade, Mount Trait - Keen Clawed.

Knight-Incantor

Lord-Arcanum 

+ Battleline +

+ Other +

Vanguard-Palladors: 2x 3 Vanguard-Palladors

+ Allegiance +

Allegiance: Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals

Arcanum needs to be general for the Sequitors to be battleline. 

Played a game tonight with this list.

Hammers of sigmar

on board:: lord relictor, lord ordinator, 2x5 liberators, 2x5 judicators w crossbows 

off board: celestant on dracoth, neave blacktalon, celestant prime, 5 retributors, 3 raptors w hurricane crossbows 

Tabled a chaos army with Archeon & Tzeench allegiance.

impressions:

1. much more control of striking from heavens

2. Crossbows much more dangerous 

3. Bravery makes the army practically fearless 

4. 5+ to bring libs back failed every time (not sure about this yet)

5. Celestant prime is much bigger threat and more reliable due to changing the charge result 

6. I forgot to roll damage saves for new command trait. Have to relearn how to play this.

7. Lord ordinator bad for this list and I should replace him

Questions:

1. Does the celestant prime get +4 attacks on turn 3, or just 2? Opponent questioned this but it seems the sam as before to me.

2. Do the raptors get to rapid fire when striking from the heavens? Not sure based on vague FAQ wording.

3. Can you use more than 1 command point trying to bring a unit of liberators back? Gut says you get one chance when the last one dies then they’re gone forever.

22 minutes ago, Mark Williams said:

1. Does the celestant prime get +4 attacks on turn 3, or just 2? Opponent questioned this but it seems the sam as before to me.

+2 each turn.  His ability triggers and you ask the question, stay in heavens or come down?  If stay in heavens add 2 to attacks for the rest of the battle.  Next turn you ask the same question.  If stay in heavens, add a further 2 attacks for the rest of the battle.

55 minutes ago, Mark Williams said:

2. Do the raptors get to rapid fire when striking from the heavens? Not sure based on vague FAQ wording.
3. Can you use more than 1 command point trying to bring a unit of liberators back? Gut says you get one chance when the last one dies then they’re gone forever.

1. It's the same, +2 per turn
2. Yes.
3. No idea, I would rule it as once since you use the ability and roll when a unit is destroyed, not when you failed the 5+ roll :)

4 hours ago, Erdemo86 said:

I dont choose  one out of the book. I make my own stormhost aNd call them hammers of sigmat my friend.

but if thats not possible i can exchange gavriel with coggs and a upgrade the 5 seqs to judis. And use the one cp for reroll charge.

people did the same thing in 40k, bending rules and exploiting those and it was fixed in a FAQ.

Please, don't bring this WAAC mentality in AOS

• Like 2

So here i am looking at the updated warscrolls on the aos app and some stuff come into mind for the casters.  1. Why no mount option for the knight incantor, 2. what is the purpose of Lord exorcist being same price of an incantor with the lack of unbind scroll, 3. is lord arcanum on foot really worth the 180 points, seems pretty pricy for what it does unless the foot version still gives battle line to sequitors which i have to double check.

32 minutes ago, Lord_Orzhov said:

Is lord arcanum on foot really worth the 180 points, seems pretty pricy for what it does unless the foot version still gives battle line to sequitors which i have to double check.

He certainly feels overpriced. I'd rather take Knight Incantor over him,  but he does unlock battle line for sequitors. 

4 hours ago, Richelieu said:

+2 each turn.  His ability triggers and you ask the question, stay in heavens or come down?  If stay in heavens add 2 to attacks for the rest of the battle.  Next turn you ask the same question.  If stay in heavens, add a further 2 attacks for the rest of the battle.

Are you sure about this? I don't see any language about doing the addition each turn.

The old scroll said "for each battle round" the Prime was in reserves you got +2. The new scroll does not have that same language. I think it is a one time bonus.

12 minutes ago, Caladancid said:

Are you sure about this? I don't see any language about doing the addition each turn.

The old scroll said "for each battle round" the Prime was in reserves you got +2. The new scroll does not have that same language. I think it is a one time bonus.

You get the bonus for each round.

"At the end of the movement phase you must declare whether this model will remain in reserve or strike from the Heavens.
If this model remains in reserve, add 2 to the Attacks characteristic of Ghal Maraz until the end of the battle."

So you declare at the end of each of your movement phases, getting +2 attack each time.

• Like 2