AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

12 minutes ago, Bradipo322 said:

Yes, he only works on Hammers of Sigmar units.

That makes him really good if you want to use HoS, but not a no-brainer. There are a lot of good sources of easier charges this edition.

Edited by DanielFM

10 minutes ago, DanielFM said:

That makes him really good if you want to use HoS, but not a no-brainer. There are a lot of good sources of easier charges this edition.

Really? What for other sources do we have without gavriel and coggs?

Staunch Defender VS Hammers of Sigmar command trait

SD stacks well with rerollable saves, but does nothing on the turn you charge (very relevant with Gavriel +3/6/9" charge lists) and offers no protection against mortal wounds.

A 6+ ignore against wounds and mortal wounds is very tempting... especially when combined with a Lens of Refraction

What do you guys think?

1 hour ago, Richelieu said:

9" charge with rerolls is nowhere near 80% success rate.  It's 48% 

A 6" charge is 72%

A 6" charge with rerolls is 92%

I was way off.  A 9" charge is at best 66% if you can reroll one or both of dice, thanks for keeping the math straight.
Edit: According to some guy on the internet.

Edited by Kadanga
Source

27 minutes ago, PJetski said:

SD stacks well with rerollable saves, but does nothing on the turn you charge (very relevant with Gavriel +3/6/9" charge lists) and offers no protection against mortal wounds.

A 6+ ignore against wounds and mortal wounds is very tempting... especially when combined with a Lens of Refraction

What do you guys think?

Also if a redeemer unit dies you get it back on 5+ And +1 bravery.

the question is can you it more than once for the same unit.the ward save is wholly withen 9“ of your general.

i have a question. If your general is a named character,, and you pick a stormhost, do you still get the benefits of the stormhost? Because normally you cant take command traits if youre general is a named char.

Edited by Erdemo86

3 minutes ago, Erdemo86 said:

Also if a redeemer unit dies you get it back on 5+.

the question is can you it more than once for the same unit.

does someone knows the exact wording of that ward save from hammers of sigmar?

Roll a dice each time you allocate a wound or a mortal wound to a friendly HAMMERS OF SIGMAR unit wholly within 9" of this general. On a 6+, that wound or mortal wound is negated.

10 minutes ago, PJetski said:

What do you guys think?

I think lens of refraction is completely busted and I see no reason to take any other artifact.  

I also think a Hammers of Sigmar alpha strike list has potential.  

You could do something really over the top like dropping Gavriel, Vandus, a Drakesworn, and a unit of Fulminators (total cost 1080 points).  This would tie up your opponent for basically the entire game while the rest of your army farms victory points.

13 minutes ago, Richelieu said:

I think lens of refraction is completely busted and I see no reason to take any other artifact.  

I also think a Hammers of Sigmar alpha strike list has potential.  

You could do something really over the top like dropping Gavriel, Vandus, a Drakesworn, and a unit of Fulminators (total cost 1080 points).  This would tie up your opponent for basically the entire game while the rest of your army farms victory points.

Yes i think something like this could be unbeatable. 

I made a quick build and maybe its just in my eyes, but it looks very op for me.

Allegiance: Order
Gavriel Sureheart (100)
Vandus Hammerhand (280)
Lord-Arkanum (180)
4 x Fulminators (480)
20 x Sequitors (400)
5 x Sequitors (120)
5 x Sequitors (120)
Celestar Ballista (100)
Celestar Ballista (100)
Celestar Ballista (100)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 120

Edited by Erdemo86

17 minutes ago, Richelieu said:

I was thinking something along these lines, but with Dracolines instead. 

Dracolines are 100ppm compared to the 120ppm for Fulminators, and they give Look Out Sir a lot easier than Dracoths.

Dracolines natively reroll charges and do D3 damage instead of 1 on the charge.

Lord Arcanum on Dracoline with Pride Leader mount trait to give all Dracolines +1 hit (for all weapons) and can use his command ability to give +1 attack to Dracoline monstrous claws.

You drop 3 unbinds directly into play, and after the deep strike charge turn you can start casting buffs. Add in a Heraldor to make sure you can retreat & charge later.

Seems fun, and possibly even viable in competitive play.

You can also toss a Burning Head into range before your deep strike to reroll hit1

Edited by PJetski

1 minute ago, PJetski said:

Dracolines are 100ppm compared to the 120ppm for Fulminators, and they give Look Out Sir a lot easier than Dracoths.

Lord Arcanum on Dracoline with Pride Leader mount trait to give all Dracolines +1 hit (for all weapons) and can use his command ability to give +1 attack to Dracoline monstrous claws.

You drop 3 unbinds directly into play, and after the deep strike charge turn you can start casting buffs. Add in a Heraldor to make sure you can retreat & charge later.

You could also go with the Celestial Vindicators CA (or both) +1 Attack to all weapons (instead of only Dracolines) and Reroll 1s to hit on the charge on top of all this. Costly, but scary!

1 minute ago, Kadanga said:

You could also go with the Celestial Vindicators CA (or both) +1 Attack to all weapons (instead of only Dracolines) and Reroll 1s to hit on the charge on top of all this. Costly, but scary!

Gavriel only effects Hammers of Sigmar units, unfortunately

10 minutes ago, PJetski said:

You can also toss a Burning Head into range before your deep strike to reroll hit1

Sounds fun.  I don't have the tome yet, so I haven't dug into units like evocators on dracolines.  

Burning head is very short range, so it might be hard to get it far enough up field to affect your deep strikers.  

Here's what I've got so far:

100 Gavriel

240 LADracoline - General, Pride Leader, Artifact*

100 Heraldor - HS artifact

120 Cleansing Phalanx

300 Dracoline

300 Dracoline

400 20x Sequitors

120 5x Sequitors

120 5x Sequitors (Battleline)

100 Ballista

100 Ballista

5 units on the board, 5 units in reserve (LAD, Dracolines, Dracolines, Gavriel, 20x Sequitors)

You can drop the battalion but it feels like it's too valuable given the core of this list already has Dracolines in it and you can take Sequitors as Battleline. You could drop the 20x Sequitors down to 5x, though.

You could swap the Heraldor for any 100pt hero, like a Relictor or Castellant.  You could swap the Ballistas out but I think they work as a deployable gunline. It bothers me that I don't have a second mounted hero to give another trait from the battalion...

As for the artifact, there are a lot of great choices: Lens of Refraction, Mirrorshield, Aetherquartz Brooch (5+ refund CP), either of the Rend-3 artifacts, Gryph-feather Charm,  Banshee Blade (synergy with +1 hit and -1bravery!),  Ethereal Amulet, Mindlock Staff, Quicksilver Draught

9 minutes ago, Richelieu said:

And this is precisely why they had to "nerf" some of the SC abilities as @Bradipo322, @chordand others have maligned.  The synergies would have been out of control if many of them had remained unchanged.

I am all for it, I think the changes are welcome. So far the only change I find is weird is the LCoF that has to be within 3" of an enemy. Adding wholly within to his aura would've been enough.