AoS 2 - Idoneth Deepkin Discussion

Chris Tomlin

5 hours ago, wanderingrogue said:

hey. I'm the guy that was on stream with deepkin last game at bobo.

just say but the thralls are super strong,especially in a meta where shooting is dropping off and with a turn 2 high tide.

That is great to hear! :) How did it go? Did you manage to get any king buffs off? What kind of list did you play?^^

9 minutes ago, mmimzie said:

don't believe you can get the kings buffs in games where you have turn 2 high tide. 

I guess so, I was thinking he might have suicide the tidecaster to swap to a king general, but I suppose most players wont fall for that.

5 minutes ago, Kugane said:

I guess so, I was thinking he might have suicide the tidecaster to swap to a king general, but I suppose most players wont fall for that.

You dont pick a new general in matched play games.  Thats only for Open/Narrative.

• Thanks 1

Is turn 2 high tide worth losing the command ability from a king/Volturnos?  Thats been the only thing holding me back from taking it, I really wish we had a couple more command abilities at our disposal to make the tidecaster general more attractive.

3 hours ago, Drofnum said:

Is turn 2 high tide worth losing the command ability from a king/Volturnos?  Thats been the only thing holding me back from taking it, I really wish we had a couple more command abilities at our disposal to make the tidecaster general more attractive.

Tournament didn't allow command abilities to stack from what I saw. Also quite a few other house rules as well. To the point that I wouldn't use the results or lists from it to really inform the meta and list building as I don't think most TO's will be running the pack they ran.

Choose Volturnos be your  general, prepare yourself 3 cp before the game and you'll have 4cp at your first herophase.

wait till round 3 then spend all of your cps for the Volturnos' command ability.  your 3 units will have +6 attacks that round.

Take the first relic from hysh(given to any hq you have), for each cp you spend you can roll a dice, each 5+ will give you one extra cp to use right away.

My best luck for stack Volturnos' command ability was +16a for 3 units. 

Try this out before GW nerfs it .

Edited by Edwang

2 hours ago, Edwang said:

Choose Volturnos be your  general, prepare yourself 3 cp before the game and you'll have 4cp at your first herophase.

wait till round 3 then spend all of your cps for the Volturnos' command ability.  your 3 units will have +6 attacks that round.

Take the first relic from hysh(given to any hq you have), for each cp you spend you can roll a dice, each 5+ will give you one extra cp to use right away.

My best luck for stack Volturnos' command ability was +16a for 3 units. 

Try this out before GW nerfs it .

Don't know about giving 150 points to CP, but I am definitely interested in giving that a crack.

2 hours ago, Kitty said:

Don't know about giving 150 points to CP, but I am definitely interested in giving that a crack.

Yeah 4CP with a battalion turn 3 is probably enough to instantly win the game (as long as you have 3 good units left) if not CP farm relic gets you to nearly 6 on average. Getting bonus CP by not spending points just means there’s more chance you lose before turn 3 I think. 

Choices, choices.....

If your Tidecaster is General, you get the awesome Turn 2; but don't get Volturnous's "everything dies" ability.  And if you make Volturnous your general you can wreck -face, but have to hold back until Turn 3.  I don't know which is better, but I'm leaning on Volturnous' s command ability abuse until FAQ'd.

The other thing I'm struggling with is who to keep off-board with the scryer. You really can't keep Volturnos off with some Morsarr b/c he can't use his command ability if he appears at end of the movement phase.  I think maybe the general plan would be 2 units of Morsarr and Volturnos  as an on-board strike-force that holds back until Turn 3. And then maybe a third  unit of Morsarr (sadly unbuffed) to come in from the rear with the scryer. 

Or is deep-striking not even worth it, given how fast everything is????????  Alternatively, maybe you run Thralls  with the scryer so you can simply get numbers to contest  objectives  in your opponent's backfield????

I think its a dangerous game staying off the board till turn 3, which is why I'm leaning towards Fuethan. By turn 3 you could be a very long way behind in objectives if you keep 1/3 of your army off the table.

There's also the issue of screening.

If a good player keeps his big hitters screened, or sacrifices just one of his big units - bearing in mind we have to come in on a clump on one board edge - we might find ourselves too far behind to come back. 

Remember, 9 eels will kill most things anyway, especially with biovoltaic shock, do we really need to stack another 6 attacks on them? 

Allegiance: Idoneth Deepkin
- Enclave: Fuethan
Mortal Realm: Hysh

Leaders
Vulturnos, High King of the Deep (280)
- General
Akhelian King (240)
Isharann Soulscryer (100)
- Artefact: Aetherquartz Brooch 
Isharann Tidecaster (100)

Battleline
3 x Akhelian Ishlaen Guard (140)
6 x Akhelian Morrsarr Guard (320)

Total: 1740 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 5
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 109

Put Akhelian King on the table for his ability , let  soulscryer take the artefact, bring Vulturnos and 6 Morrsarr (or Ishlaen if you like).

With these  many Ishaen Guards I don't mind the many drops and  I believe you can hold untill round 3.  DS them on round 2 will be a good choice. 

Also you have 100 extra pts to put another tidecaster or scryler if you want more DS or +6  charge.

For me, Ishlaen are better than Morrsarr because Ishlaen ignore the rend. 

1 hour ago, Edwang said:

Allegiance: Idoneth Deepkin
- Enclave: Fuethan
Mortal Realm: Hysh

Leaders
Vulturnos, High King of the Deep (280)
- General
Akhelian King (240)
Isharann Soulscryer (100)
- Artefact: Aetherquartz Brooch 
Isharann Tidecaster (100)

Battleline
6 x Akhelian Morrsarr Guard (320)

Total: 1740 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 5
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 109

Put Akhelian King on the table for his ability , let  soulscryer take the artefact, bring Vulturnos and 6 Morrsarr (or Ishlaen if you like).

With these  many Ishaen Guards I don't mind the many drops and  I believe you can hold untill round 3.  DS them on round 2 will be a good choice. 

Also you have 100 extra pts to put another tidecaster or scryler if you want more DS or +6  charge.

For me, Ishlaen are better than Morrsarr because Ishlaen ignore the rend. 

Seeing it on paper a very interesting list. I do think maybe fit royal court in for the extra artifact (cloud of midnight on king maybe) gives you another model to score on wizard/artifact only missions and it helps to stall till turn 3. 

Maybe 10 eternal guard as well after they were mentioned earlier Every list I think of they help. 

You would still start with 2 CP (50 under and battalion). So 5 on turn 3 plus whatever you farm should be more than enough to pump and win. Hopefully the tweaks I suggest make the list more survivable till turn 3. 

Hello and good evening all.

Looking at possibly starting Idoneth Deepkin and playing somewhat competitively, have just had a glance of the rules and made a quick mock list. Looking for any feedback or thoughts.

Appreciate any comments, cheers

+++ Deepkin (Age of Sigmar) [1980pts] +++

++ **Pitched Battle** 2,000 (Order - Idoneth Deepkin) ++

+ Leader +

Akhelian King: Cloud of Midnight, Bladed Polearm, Born From Agony, General - Akhelian

Isharann Soulscryer

Isharann Tidecaster

Volturnos

+ Battleline +

Akhelian Ishlaen Guard: 6 Ishlaen Guard

Akhelian Morrsarr Guard: 6 Morrsarr Guard

+ Behemoth +

Akhelian Leviadon

+ Allegiance +

Allegiance
. Idoneth Deepkin: Forgotten Nightmares, Fuethán, Gloomtide Shipwreck, Isharann Rituals, Tides of Death

+ Game Options +

Game Type: 2000 Points - Battlehost

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Shinzra said:

Hello and good evening all.

Looking at possibly starting Idoneth Deepkin and playing somewhat competitively, have just had a glance of the rules and made a quick mock list. Looking for any feedback or thoughts.

Appreciate any comments, cheers

+++ Deepkin (Age of Sigmar) [1980pts] +++

++ **Pitched Battle** 2,000 (Order - Idoneth Deepkin) ++

+ Leader +

Akhelian King: Cloud of Midnight, Bladed Polearm, Born From Agony, General - Akhelian

Isharann Soulscryer

Isharann Tidecaster

Volturnos

+ Battleline +

Akhelian Morrsarr Guard: 6 Morrsarr Guard

+ Behemoth +

Akhelian Leviadon

+ Allegiance +

Allegiance
. Idoneth Deepkin: Forgotten Nightmares, Fuethán, Gloomtide Shipwreck, Isharann Rituals, Tides of Death

+ Game Options +

Game Type: 2000 Points - Battlehost

Whats volturnos his function in this list? I would suggest dropping him for a royal court battalion

Hi guys, yesterday i play vs Stormcast. I just win so fast, my club dont want to play vs idoneth, they think we are OP.

What  can  I do? 

I just have 12 eels 1 shark turtle volturnos and one king, 1 caster and 1 Aspect of sea. 

Should i just buy suboptimal infantry? Or dont play with fuethan?

Thx.

Edited by Curzex

1 hour ago, Curzex said:

Hi guys, yestersay i play vs Stormcast. I just win so fast, my club dont want yo play vs idoneth, they think we are OP.

What  can  I do? 

I just have 12 eels 1 shark turtle volturnos and one king, 1 caster and 1 Aspect of sea. 

Thx.

Tell them to suck it up and git gud. They can't handle a couple smelly fish? ;)

8 hours ago, Curzex said:

Hi guys, yestersay i play vs Stormcast. I just win so fast, my club dont want yo play vs idoneth, they think we are OP.

What  can  I do? 

Thx.

Really depends on the community. In general there are some times builds are oppressive for others and not fun, the huge beta that deepkin do can be hard to weather, but it's certainly something which can be countered. One way to mitigate this is to swap armies. Sometimes seeing the weaknesses from the other angle can help. Consider this, could you beat your army with their army? Would that requires different units, tactics, or both? Do you guys discuss tactics outside of games? 

You can try bringing different lists.

Remember that both sides want to have fun.

Good luck finding that balance of crushing and enjoying for all involved.

19 hours ago, Curzex said:

Hi guys, yesterday i play vs Stormcast. I just win so fast, my club dont want to play vs idoneth, they think we are OP.

What  can  I do? 

Thx.

I play to my community. If your list is making the game not fun for people or so you absolutely smash them (which it sounds like you do) then maybe opt for a fluffier themed army. By the sounds of it you know how to optimise, so cut back, do some fluffy games, try some combos that the internet is telling you don't work and find out for yourself. Who knows, you might find that both of you have more fun ;)

• Like 1

Thanks all.

I will try play some different list. 

A mix of infantry and eels list. Dhom hain or nautilar. I always play the shark. Maybe i buy another one.

I have a question? After Faq turtle make 12 shoots or 6? I think is 12, 6 per weapon.

18 minutes ago, Curzex said:

Thanks all.

I will try play some different list. 

A mix of infantry and eels list. Dhom hain or nautilar. I always play the shark. Maybe i buy another one.

I have a question? After Faq turtle make 12 shoots or 6? I think is 12, 6 per weapon.

12 :)