Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chris Tomlin

AoS 2 - Sylvaneth Discussion

5 hours ago, Kaylethia said:

For flying units, only ending their run or charge on a wyldood counts. 

I'm afraid it's not true. Not anymore. Wording on the Flying rule is a bit different in AoS 2.0:

FLY ING: If the warscroll for a model says that the model can fly, it can pass across models and terrain features as if they were not there when it makes any type of move. Any vertical distance up and/or down is ignored when measuring a flying model’s move. It cannot finish the move on top of another model.

"when it makes any  type of move".

Yes flying units can pass across as if the terrain is not there.  But if then end a run or charge on the woods then they are affected. 

As we are already at the wyldwood rules: If I put up the wyldwood as a triangle

/\
/  \
====

there is a space in the middle. Does this count as wyldwood as well or is it a glade, where the wyldwood rules do not apply?

15 minutes ago, Ruhraffe said:

/\
/  \
====

there is a space in the middle. Does this count as wyldwood as well or is it a glade, where the wyldwood rules do not apply?

Only the Citadel Wood bases count as Wyldwoods.

35 minutes ago, Ruhraffe said:

/\
/  \
====

No. The gap left by the 3 wyldwoods is not considered as a wyldwood. Not even a terrain. 

Basically:

-a flying unit (let's say it is a pegasus knight unit consisting of 3 knights) can fly over the wyldwoods: The Pegasus knights can pass (with a run move) from one edge of the wyldwood base to the other edge of the wyldwood without their base even touching the wyldwood base, making them not triggering the effect: They are flying so they are not affected.

If their move (only when they are running) is not sufficient enough to not even touch the base, then the models finishing their run move on the wyldwood base must roll a dice. It can be only 1 model in the unit of 3 for example ( the 2 others being "safe" as their base is not even touching). The condition is running and finishing its move on the woods (for a flying unit).

On 2/15/2019 at 11:23 PM, Aezeal said:

5. Is the lore master still a thing (140 points is kinda steep but.. he'd fit nicely with Alarielle, TLA and a summoned TL.  How to get the points is another thing.. you'd have to drop 10 dryads.. and the pallisade.. and still you';d be short.

Anyone having an opinion on this?

Generally speaking: Loremaster is still a solid and viable choice. 

But I would consider him only if you play Alarielle and Durthu (either one of them, or preferably both). Can fit in a Gnarlroot or in a Winterleaf. 

And it is not so hard to make place for him in a list, actually. 

In the list you quote, I don't believe he would fit in, honestly... I don"t think he is an interesting choice in this list: The TLA hits hard, but not that hard enough.

Alarielle could benefit from him though. But you already have enough hard hitters (Alarielle, TLA and 3 kurnoths hunters in the list only, and possibly 3 kurnoths hunters more with Alarielle) that do the job quite reliably. I don't see the point of having a loremaster on this list.

BUT, if you consider dropping the Kurnoth hunters and the palisade, it frees you 230 pts, and there you can put a loremaster and 10 more dryads on one of the already existing unit. 

10 dryads are not tanky and interesting enough. 

Edited by Alezya

3 hours ago, Alezya said:

Generally speaking: Loremaster is still a solid and viable choice. 

But I would consider him only if you play Alarielle and Durthu (either one of them, or preferably both). Can fit in a Gnarlroot or in a Winterleaf. 

And it is not so hard to make place for him in a list, actually. 

In the list you quote, I don't believe he would fit in, honestly... I don"t think he is an interesting choice in this list: The TLA hits hard, but not that hard enough.

Alarielle could benefit from him though. But you already have enough hard hitters (Alarielle, TLA and 3 kurnoths hunters in the list only, and possibly 3 kurnoths hunters more with Alarielle) that do the job quite reliably. I don't see the point of having a loremaster on this list.

BUT, if you consider dropping the Kurnoth hunters and the palisade, it frees you 230 pts, and there you can put a loremaster and 10 more dryads on one of the already existing unit. 

10 dryads are not tanky and interesting enough. 

I think is also interesting use Archmage in any list...so you can have an extra save at 6 for wounds and also MORTAL wounds!